Fellow Giant Bomber in one of my classes...

• 82 results
Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jothel

Evening all, I'm a second year student at Uni in England, yesterday was the start of term. My first lesson was Japanese and after I'd sat down a guy walked in wearing a GLHB t-shirt. I told him "Nice t-shirt, good luck have batman" he nodded knowingly, I asked what his Whiskey ID was and then that was that.

Has anyone else here had a similar experience?

(Also, I also hope the guy reads this because I searched for his name and couldn't really find anything)'

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Simplexity

I was at the airport once wearing a gb t-shirt and I was about to buy something to drink at the airport kiosk thingie and this guy walked past me and just nodded knowingly and blinked, first I was really confused and disturbed by this. Then I realized he probably noticed my giant bomb shirt and was a fellow bomber, at least that is what I hope was the case.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Pazy

The only bomber ive met in real life was at London MCM (they call it the London Comic-com apparently on official marketing) strangely at the Gamespot UK live podcast.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Yeah, bunch of guys at my work with Whiskey member shirts. Also at uni I bumped into a couple of people who clocked the whiskey T.

The whiskey family is bigger than you might think. Also, this world is fucking small.

Emperor_Jimmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Emperor_Jimmu

I'm also at a UK Uni (Aberystwyth specifically). I was revising in a computer room last week (by watching the Endurance Run, obviously) and a guy stopped behind me, gasped and pointed at the screen. He then I said, 'You read Giant Bomb!', followed by a brief chat about the ER.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I saw a guy playing through Persona 4 on one of the public TVs in my dorm a few times, but I never asked him if he was playing it because of Giant Bomb or not.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Akyho

@Emperor_Jimmu said:

I'm also at a UK Uni (Aberystwyth specifically). I was revising in a computer room last week (by watching the Endurance Run, obviously) and a guy stopped behind me, gasped and pointed at the screen. He then I said, 'You read Giant Bomb!', followed by a brief chat about the ER.

See thats no fun. I like to sddle up next to people like you almost invade your personal space and start talking about deep stuff. In this case Id grab a seat sit next to you head almost on shoulder and say "Nothing stops the endurance run eh? (insert who is in ER) (insert that stupid thing they did in the last Happy hour/ TNT/ quick look) " Then just stare at you.

I havnt met any other Gber aside from my friends that got me into GB, Ofcourse I dont have a GB t shirt something i plan to change!.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By BisonHero

This makes me wonder what the overall distribution of Giant Bomb users is like across the world. I'm guessing your best bets when it comes to coming across a Giant Bomber would be if you're in university, or if you work somewhere with a bunch of 20-30 year-old guys.

JordanK85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JordanK85

These "knowing nods" remind me of Fight Club. Maybe we should start Giant Bomb clubs in our respective cities...and fight each other?

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Winternet

@JordanK85 said:

These "knowing nods" remind me of Fight Club. Maybe we should start Giant Bomb clubs in our respective cities...and fight each other?

Make it happen.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Whiskey Street Soap Company.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I work in an office, mainly with old women who volunteer there.

They have never acknowledged my Giantbomb shirt.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Jimbo

I believe the Japanese equivalent of 'GLHB' is 'Konichiwa, motherfucker'. You should greet him with that next time you see him.

byrjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By byrjun

I still can't wait to have the "Yo, you like the internet?" -"Hell yeah, I like the internet!" conversation. I'm sporting my shorts all around, maybe there is too few of us in Denmark?

byrjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By byrjun
@byrjun
I still can't wait to have the "Yo, you like the internet?" -"Hell yeah, I like the internet!" conversation. I'm sporting my shorts all around, maybe there is too few of us in Denmark?
Shirts, of course. Where's the smartphone edit button?
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Enigma777

Guy ran up to me last week and asked "Is that Luchadeer on your shirt?" I nodded and we gave each other a meaningful fistbump. It was magical.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zeforgotten
@byrjun said:
@byrjun
Shirts, of course. Where's the smartphone edit button?
I live in Denmark and I've run into a few fellow Giant Bombers. Met 3 guys and a girl at a concert who were, at the time, discussing the Deadly Premonition ER. Good music, fun bunch of people. 
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When GB used to do QOTW, and users sent in short video skits/pieces, I recognized one of the guys in it and asked in the comments if he happened to go to the same uni as me.

The dude replied, and it turned out we were in the same class at the time. The conversation never really went any further, but it's still fairly strange. This was at least 2 years ago as well, so it wasn't like Giantbomb was as big as it is now.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never met anyone in the real-world, although I do know a few members who also lives in Denmark.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tmthomsen

@byrjun said:

I'm from Denmark as well, and I've actually had a GB T-shirt meet-up. It was at a game-centric occasion though (DADIU), so wouldn't really call it public.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By vaiz
@JordanK85 said:
I will fucking fight you.
CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CptChiken

Catching the train in brisbane whilst i was working in australia i saw the same guy everyday i went to work who would cycle through different GB Tshirts.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Doctorchimp

FYI the proper protocol when you realize you've found another bomber is to grope and violate in public.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Hizang

Never seen anybody wearing it.

zachariahus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zachariahus

I once visited giantbomb at my uni computer lab, and when I went to log-in I found another user was already logged in. So I set the status to something creepy and friend-requested said account when I got home later that night. Never actually met the person though, lol.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By Bwast

I knew one dude that used to come on here a bit. I don't know if he has a shirt or not. But then he found that he liked to have sex with girls more and we stopped hanging out. So now I'm all alone. Let me quote you some lyrics that encapsulate my suffering. I chant these while I carve my legs up every night:

"These weary eyes shall open no more, frozen tightly by the embrace of death

A charnel house of memories torn and burning melancholy shall embrace me now"

Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By jimi

Met a guy at uni, I can't remember exactly why but for whatever reason I said "Yo fiddy hit that big ass ramp", he joined in halfway. Only person I have met that uses this website other than friends I have got into it :D

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vexxan

@Hizang said:

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#29  Edited By isomeri

When I was at my military civil service camp, my bunkmate turned out to be a GB community member. He was way into Demon Souls, and could draw some wicked-ass pictures of Ezio.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DeF

@Enigma777 said:

Guy ran up to me last week and asked "Is that Luchadeer on your shirt?" I nodded and we gave each other a meaningful fistbump. It was magical.

the way you describe that sounds really funny ...like he really ran up to you and then just disappeared again without any further remarks after the fistbump :D

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cheesebob

@Emperor_Jimmu said:

Dude what. I am in that same Uni! :O

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WalkerTR77
No Caption Provided

That was an exchange I had in one of the library toilets at Uni (that sounds terrible). I noticed batmanbatmanbatman was shocked and decided to reply. About a week later I returned, seeing that our correspondence had been continued. Pretty great. This is Glasgow Uni btw.

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#33  Edited By ShadowVirus

Yeah, I'm at Uni, and during the first week when I was still getting to know people in my building, I added one of them on Facebook and when I looked at his profile picture he was wearing a Lincoln Force t-shirt and I was shocked. Unfortunately I never really saw or talked to him again after that...

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By Sambambo

I have never met anyone with a gb shirt on at uni...

DaSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DaSoul

Since I can't drill into the souls of people, my guess would be that no-one I know likes GB. Apart from a few known cases, I'm not sure people do at all here. (Estonia, school would be narrowing it down wayyyy too much)

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Never in normal daily business, but I've seen loads of Whiskey related shirts at PAX East each year.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Scrawnto

I met Steve, aka Lemon, in college and was in one of his QoTW videos before he became an intern, along with Butano, but we met each other before the site really gained steam, so that doesn't count I suppose.

However, I did run into Dirty Dan, who also had parts in a number of Steve's videos, at the university library. I had actually only ever seen him in the QoTW, so I think I freaked him out when I walked up and introduced myself, already knowing his name.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I think the Bomber sign of recognition should be a gentle shoulder touch.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deathstriker666

@Vexxan said:

@Hizang said:

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AssInAss

The start of many a bromance. :3

gman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gman
@JordanK85
Unlike Fight Club, you CAN talk about Giant Bomb.
light_grenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By light_grenade

As far as I know I am the only Giantbomber up in Aberdeen, Scotland....

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#43  Edited By Tireyo

As far as I know, I'm the only bomber that lives in southwest Virginia. It would be neat to meet a fellow bomber, but it might be for the best that I don't given my rather strange demeanor and personality.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#44  Edited By mikemcn

@Winternet said:

@JordanK85 said:

Make it happen.

Actually, it already happened, we meet on Tuesdays and... I've said too much.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By Red

I had a video journalism class with someone who I think knew what Giant Bomb was. He constantly wore video game shirts and referenced obscure ones, and I'm pretty sure I heard him talk about Greg Kasavin one time.

That being said, he was an incredibly awful and creepy guy, so I decided against following up.

MaxxS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MaxxS

I was in a computer class in school and these two guys were browsing Time Magazine's 50 best websites. I listened in and heard "Giant Bomb? What's that?"

Liam_mk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Liam_mk

YO, YOU LIKE THE INTERNET!?!?!

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By I_smell

I went to Minecon and spotted this guy:

No Caption Provided

I didn't actually say hello :(
WHO IS THIS MYSTERY MAN??
izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By izzygraze

Never met any bombers but I think one of the questions on a bombcast was from someone from Nova Scotia. I was pretty shocked.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By emergency

I feel like there is a duder in my Computer Science/Games Design class at QUB in Belfast, if thats the case *internet fistbump*.