Fox News thinks Tiger Woods should repent.

• 73 results
deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deusdigit

I didn't see any topics regarding this at all. So i decided to bring up the discussion, i know everyone is tired of hearing about it. But what brit humes suggested made it seem a little absurd. 

I'm not here for religious debate, But foxnews should be the last ones saying anything regarding what his beliefs should been. i get so tired of this channel more and more.

Keith Olbermann has a pretty funny comeback.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

Fuckin Buddhist. As they said on The Daily Show, he must have done pretty well in his last life to be reincarnated as Tiger fucking Woods in this life.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

lol Fox News.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By FireBurger

What a dumb, ignorant fuck.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Well, fox news should repent for being a lousy news channel.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

Okay... fox news. Please stop. Stop the madness.  

And as for Mr. Woods' buddhist redemption... good luck! Those look like some tough-ass guidelines. Shoulda been x-tian.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By damnboyadvance

Who gives a fuck about Fox News OR Keith Olbermann?

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Relys

Blindly believing in some silly guidelines from an invisible man in the sky doesn't change anything.

Wake up and smell the ashes. When you mess up, no amount of rituals can fix the harm that was done.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iam3green

o that fox news. they are always saying something stupid about something. the stupid especially things like video games.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Just a blatantly stupid and ignorant statement. I thought some good points were made in the MSNBC coverage of it.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chrissedoff
@damnboyadvance said:
" Who gives a fuck about Fox News OR Keith Olbermann? "
olbermann is pretty funny
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By damnboyadvance
@chrissedoff said:
" @damnboyadvance said:
olbermann is pretty funny "
I don't watch the news when I feel like laughing.
lukeissxc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lukeissxc

Fox News didn't say anything. Brit Hume did. His comments don't reflect what everyone thinks. If you don't like hearing his opinion on the subject then stop listening, stop bitching, and shut the hell up about it. Its that simple.
PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PercyChuggs
@lukeissxc said:
" Fox News didn't say anything. Brit Hume did. His comments don't reflect what everyone thinks. If you don't like hearing his opinion on the subject then stop listening, stop bitching, and shut the hell up about it. Its that simple. "
This.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#16  Edited By AgentJ
@damnboyadvance said:
" @chrissedoff said:
" @damnboyadvance said:
I don't watch the news when I feel like laughing. "
You're right. Luckily Olbermann is an opinion guy, not a news broadcaster.  
@lukeissxc said:
" Fox News didn't say anything. Brit Hume did.  "
yeah, but when enough people on the same network say similar things, you can bet its what the network as a whole thinks. For example, each of the networks commentators have spoken out against abortion. What do you think the network's view on abortion is?
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RetroIce4

LOL, FAUX NEWS

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dany
@AgentJ said:
" @damnboyadvance said:
" @chrissedoff said:
" @damnboyadvance said:
You're right. Luckily Olbermann is an opinion guy, not a news broadcaster.  
@lukeissxc said:
" Fox News didn't say anything. Brit Hume did.  "
yeah, but when enough people on the same network say similar things, you can bet its what the network as a whole thinks. For example, each of the networks commentators have spoken out against abortion. What do you think the network's view on abortion is? "
No, that scenario never happens, well maybe on fox news but at most it is just the iteration of them using commentators who hold no affiliation to the network who say the same thing in a day. . People are smart enough to realize that that man was skeeping on his own accord not the networks.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@damnboyadvance said:
" @chrissedoff said:
" @damnboyadvance said:
I often find Olberman's editorials insightful and funny.  He can come off like a bit of a snob but at least he's not a nutjob like the majority of Fox News "stars".  Fox and Friends is particulary disconcerting to watch.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By Gunner

hail jeebus! hail jeebus and everything shall be ok!

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#21  Edited By AgentJ
@Dany: And you honestly don't think that each and every one of Fox's other anchors and commentators don't feel the same way about Buddhism? Well, more power to you, I suppose. Oddly enough, I just saw a clip of Glenn Beck disparaging Buddhism or Hinduism on the Daily Show the other night.
slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By slax

First I think Dan Savage made a lot of really good and insightful points. 
Also, the Daily Show clip was amazing.

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By baconbits33
@PercyChuggs said:
" @lukeissxc said:
" Fox News didn't say anything. Brit Hume did. His comments don't reflect what everyone thinks. If you don't like hearing his opinion on the subject then stop listening, stop bitching, and shut the hell up about it. Its that simple. "
This. "
2nded
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ninjakiller

What most of you probably don't know is that Brit Hume had a gay son who was also a journalist.  He committed suicide thanks to Brit's strident "christian values" and the out and out complete rejection by his dad. 

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dany
@AgentJ said:

" @Dany: And you honestly don't think that each and every one of Fox's other anchors and commentators don't feel the same way about Buddhism? Well, more power to you, I suppose. Oddly enough, I just saw a clip of Glenn Beck disparaging Buddhism or Hinduism on the Daily Show the other night. "

I saw that as well but they are 'oppinionattors" which i hate. Prime time news should not be filled with opinions.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@baconbits33 said:
" @PercyChuggs said:
" @lukeissxc said:
This. "
2nded "
Bullshit.  This isn't the first time that one of their personnel has come out swinging against non Christian religions.  Fox News are well known for such ridiculous antics.
PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By PufferFiz
@baconbits33 said:
" @PercyChuggs said:
" @lukeissxc said:
This. "
2nded "
this
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By Claude

I thought Brit Hume retired. He should be waiting to die and go to heaven and leave the rest of us alone with our faith. Don't judge me old man.

jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jinxman
@PufferFiz said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @PercyChuggs said:
" @lukeissxc said:
This. "
2nded "
this "
THIS 

also you people do know that fox news is by far the most watched news channel?  queue bitchy comeback.
clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By clubsandwich
@natetodamax said:
" lol Fox News. "
beat me to it.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@jinxman said:
" @PufferFiz said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @PercyChuggs said:
" @lukeissxc said:
This. "
2nded "
this "
THIS  also you people do know that fox news is by far the most watched news channel?  queue bitchy comeback. "
And what does that say about the state of people in the US? McDonalds is up there in being some of most consumed food in the world.  I think my point is clear.
jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jinxman
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @jinxman said:
" @PufferFiz said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @PercyChuggs said:
" @lukeissxc said:
This. "
2nded "
this "
THIS  also you people do know that fox news is by far the most watched news channel?  queue bitchy comeback. "
And what does that say about the state of people in the US? McDonalds is up there in being some of most consumed food in the world.  I think my point is clear. "
bitchy comment engaged.  congrats on being 100 percent predictable.
khatru420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By khatru420

fox news you are a mole of cancer ......for christ sakes...comedy political shows are more correct....(not to undermine John and Stephen, cause they're smart in their own right)

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ryanwho

Brit Hume said this, one person, but if it makes you feel better to cast one man's statement over and entire network, feel free. Because that's not stupid at all.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@jinxman said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @jinxman said:
" @PufferFiz said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @PercyChuggs said:
" @lukeissxc said:
This. "
2nded "
this "
And what does that say about the state of people in the US? McDonalds is up there in being some of most consumed food in the world.  I think my point is clear. "
bitchy comment engaged.  congrats on being 100 percent predictable. "
What was bitchy about a question and a statement?  

Look I'll make it simple for you ok?

Fox News is not a news network it is an entertainment network that uses news items in tabloid fashion. This works on the principle of hiring and directing "shock jocks" to make outlandish statements on "hot topics" of the day in order to raise their ratings.  

Fox News is the same network who targetted Mass Effect by calling it a "rape simulator" and called in so called "computer gaming experts" who had neither seen, nor researched their claims.  They were forced to print a retraction for this via a simple legal letter (no court process involved) which was sent from EA and Bioware strongly disputing Fox News' claims.  This only example of many.  

As I hinted at before, saying that something is good by sheer volume consumption is incorrect as per the McDonalds reference.  Fox's quip is that they are "the most watched news channel" and that may well be true.  That doesn't however make them the most accurate and most impartial news channel.  Accuracy and Impartiality are two things which are far more important than any other aspects of news reporting.  Fox has neither and have proven that they are rarely interested in improving those facets of their production.
Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#36  Edited By Jost1

Haha Fox News is so awful

jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jinxman

@SeriouslyNow 

Fun fact, they also have the most balanced ratio of viewers on the political spectrum from any news channel. 

And it's not like other news channels don't use shock news too.  And video games aren't well covered by any news network, so thats a pretty unreliable example anyway.  I've seen Jack Thompson on all of the major networks. 

Also, most people don't even bitch about their actual news casting, what you're actually having a fit over is their OPINION segments with Beck/Hannity/O'Reilly, etc.  News flash: other channels have those same kinds of shows.  Have you seen the Ed show?  Guy's a fucking asshole.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jost1
@jinxman: Don't make excuses for a terrible TV channel.
jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jinxman

@josty81: nice comeback there josty, so full of evidence and facts.  i love it.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jost1

CNN is nearly equally terrible if that helps.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mordukai

It's like a crazy person telling another crazy person to stop acting so crazy. 

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@jinxman said:

" @SeriouslyNow   Fun fact, they also have the most balanced ratio of viewers on the political spectrum from any news channel.  And it's not like other news channels don't use shock news too.  And video games aren't well covered by any news network, so thats a pretty unreliable example anyway.  I've seen Jack Thompson on all of the major networks.  Also, most people don't even bitch about their actual news casting, what you're actually having a fit over is their OPINION segments with Beck/Hannity/O'Reilly, etc.  News flash: other channels have those same kinds of shows.  Have you seen the Ed show?  Guy's a fucking asshole. "

That's not a fun fact, it's market demographics extrapolation.  Statistics are not facts.  
Nice strawmen too, whether other television news networks use or don't use shock tactics is irrelevant.  We're discussing Fox News based on this "news" piece.  The second strawman is rather limp man, even for a strawman, video game coverage of other networks mean bubkis when Fox's unfair and unbalanced comments regarding Mass Effect were proven false, even IF other networks had done the same thing (which they haven't) it still wouldn't make Fox's actions complicit via duplication or common failures in television report.  In no way does your lame strawman here prove you right and it certainly doesn't make EA's written request for a retraction as litmus test example seem unreliable.   Opinion =/ fact.  Who cares where Jack Douchebag has had his face, it's not relevant here - see previous strawman burning.

Your next scarecrows are hilarious; what "most people" bitch about (what a stupid assertion to make anyway, it's impossible to prove) is irrelevant because I'm talking about how I reacted and why it deserved a response.  Then you try to place yet another strawman at my feet by telling me that I'm complaining to the wrong department! LOL Editorial and such are part of the Fox News channel.  You don't see them giving editorial during a Simpsons Episode, so yeah...lollable strawman.   Then you compound that disgrace of a strawman couple with the statement "other channels have those same kinds of shows".  Yeah man you're right, but The Colbert Report and The Daily Show are satire and they are on COMEDY CENTRAL.

Thanks for playing. :)
ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Who cares about what Fox "News" says? It is as much news as MTV is a musics channel. Instead of reality shows they show talking heads in ultra conservative entertainment shows talking 20 hours a day(The last 4 is actually news). The only people who pay attention to it's crap are seniors and Christian conservatives.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
@RetroIce4 said:
" LOL, FAUX NEWS "
Kaboom! Fantastic job there.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45  Edited By Emilio

Can't they all just leave a brother alone?

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Emilio

Can't they all just leave a brother alone?

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By damnboyadvance
@AgentJ said:
" @damnboyadvance said:
" @chrissedoff said:
" @damnboyadvance said:
You're right. Luckily Olbermann is an opinion guy, not a news broadcaster. "
Still, MSNBC isn't one of my ideal comedy networks.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By teh_destroyer

He has nothing to repent for, and its not there choice if he should do it or not. They need to fuck off.

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By baconbits33
@SeriouslyNow: And MSNBC is known for their liberal one sided views and also support the Iranian nuclear program, being that MSNBC is owned by GE  which sold parts to the Iranian government even during the UN's Embargo, and since it's also a known fact (and basically common sense) that Iran gives weapons and helps train Terrorist groups that kill NATO and US forces, honestly I'd rather take Foxnews then those soldier killing bastards. And if you don't believe me then do the research on GE. 

@AgentJ: Yeah but your ignoring the fact that MSNBC does the same thing, they all are a bunch of blathering idiotic one sided fucks, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, basically any News Source. Ever since the Vietnam War all media outlets suddenly realized they had the power to convince idiotic people (and this goes for the whole world) what was really going on and who was bad and who was good. That's what I hate about the news, the all are lying opinionated bastards, and for you guys to take it to the next level and decide to pick one of the stations and believe it is right then man.... is humanity fucked. There are very very few Talk show hosts, and that's what every single one of them are "TALK SHOW HOSTS" it even says that in they're descriptions, that I would even consider watching and low and behold I actually will watch O'Reilly because unlike everybody else he actually sees things in a blunt picture, granted there is a lot of what he says that I hate but at the end of the day I'm not gonna make his views mine. I hate Obiermann and his elitist attitude personally, it disgusts me how much of a prick he can trully be and when he tries to be funny it's just down right fucked up..
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ahriman22

Faux News ect, ect. The only newscast I watch is CTV Montreal and only because one the anchors is hot.