Honoring 9/11: Where were you...who do you know was affected..

• 86 results
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By Black_Rose
Nude_Dude said:
Well...clearly most people don't have your way of thinking and decide the first one is worse.

Not me, though. I'll agree with you on this, but 9/11 made a lot of fuss on the news, that's why it caught my attention."
A genocide is way worst than a terrorist attack.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Vaxadrin
giyanks22 said:
"9/11 is one day..., and it changed everyone's feeling of security."
...which is largely due to the media allowing the administration to exploit the tragedy for the sake of their political gains.  A lot of bills were passed in the time that immediately followed 9/11.  Everyone's feelings of security should have changed, because the securities we are allowed, by law, were changed.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Vaxadrin
JakJ said:
"Don't forget all those gay American flags you had sticking out of every window of said SUV!"
No, gay Americans are part of the terrorists! ;)
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Mushir
giyanks22 said:
"Twilight said:
"I don't quite remember. I was pretty young back then.
Although what I don't understand is why every year a topic like this is made. No one makes topics about where they were when Iran got bombed for the 100th time. Way more people have died in the middle eastern countries then people died in 9/11. Seriously though what happened then was sad but nobody seems to care about what happens on the other side of the world. And this seriously pisses me off.
"
9/11 is one day..., and it changed everyone's feeling of security."
Yea. Now every man who is brown and has a beard is "randomly checked" at the airport.
My uncle who lives in the US is banned from taking American Airlines because he drew a picture of 2 women in hijab and a plane. No Im not kidding.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By giyanks22
Black_Rose said:
"Nude_Dude said:
Well...clearly most people don't have your way of thinking and decide the first one is worse.

Not me, though. I'll agree with you on this, but 9/11 made a lot of fuss on the news, that's why it caught my attention."
A genocide is way worst than a terrorist attack."
they are both bad, and if Genocide happened in America, it would be all over the news, but instead a terrorist attack happened, and it's instead all over the news.
JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By JakJ
Vaxadrin said:
"JakJ said:
"Don't forget all those gay American flags you had sticking out of every window of said SUV!"
No, gay Americans are part of the terrorists! ;)"
Ah! Ya got me! I forgot the gays wanted to destroy every American family and make sodomy the new national past time. Those evil bastards. Dress nice though.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Vaxadrin
giyanks22 said:
"they are both bad, and if Genocide happened in America, it would be all over the news, but instead a terrorist attack happened, and it's instead all over the news."
A genocide would never happen in the US.  The people in power are far more clever and need not resort to brute force in such a way.

JakJ said:
"Ah! Ya got me! I forgot the gays wanted to destroy every American family and make sodomy the new national past time."
Well, it's certainly more fun than baseball.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By atejas
Twilight said:

Yea. Now every man who is brown and has a beard is "randomly checked" at the airport.
My uncle who lives in the US is banned from taking American Airlines because he drew a picture of 2 women in hijab and a plane. No Im not kidding.
"
My pakistani friend was asked if he was a militant at airport security.
By the way, what's a hijab?
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Mushir
atejas said:
"Twilight said:

"
My pakistani friend was asked if he was a militant at airport security.
By the way, what's a hijab?
"
Hijab is what muslim women wear to cover their hair and the rest of the body. Except the hands and face.
Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By Nude_Dude

Another thing that pisses me off about 9/11 is that now I have to get my ass searched off at the airport. It's so bugging I doubt if I'll go on vacations there anytime soon.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By atejas
Twilight said:

Hijab is what muslim women wear to cover their hair and the rest of the body. Except the hands and face."
I thought that was a burqa. Ah well.
JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By JakJ
Nude_Dude said:
"Another thing that pisses me off about 9/11 is that now I have to get my ass searched off at the airport. It's so bugging I doubt if I'll go on vacations there anytime soon."
Oh boo hoo. At least you have a choice.
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Mushir
atejas said:
"Twilight said:

Hijab is what muslim women wear to cover their hair and the rest of the body. Except the hands and face."
I thought that was a burqa. Ah well."
Actually that is burqa. I mixed up. Sorry.
Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Nude_Dude
JakJ said:
"Nude_Dude said:
"Another thing that pisses me off about 9/11 is that now I have to get my ass searched off at the airport. It's so bugging I doubt if I'll go on vacations there anytime soon."
Oh boo hoo. At least you have a choice."
yes, boo hoo. >:(
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

I was in my last year of college, getting out of class. I heard it on the radio when I got into my car to go to work. I thought it was absolutely insane. I remember at work we had this small TV monitor and we were just glued to the fucking thing.  Watching the shit Live was tough, you saw shit they never re-aired, like people jumping/falling from the buildings, etc. I remember the coverage completely dominating TV 24/7 for what seemed like a week or more.

Pretty fucking crazy.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By giyanks22
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"I was in my last year of college, getting out of class. I heard it on the radio when I got into my car to go to work. I thought it was absolutely insane. I remember at work we had this small TV monitor and we were just glued to the fucking thing.  Watching the shit Live was tough, you saw shit they never re-aired, like people jumping/falling from the buildings, etc. I remember the coverage completely dominating TV 24/7 for what seemed like a week or more.

Pretty fucking crazy."
That is messed up. A family friend's brother was on the ground floor, when the plane hit, he saw hundreds of people falling out of the towers. The guy is now in psychiatric rehab. It's crazy.
JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By JakJ

I dunno. Watching it live desensitized me to violence (at least on TV).  They showed enough dead bodies / body parts on to fuck with your head, but not blow your mind. Plus they usually cut away pretty quickly when the control room realized what they were broadcasting. Being there is another story though. I read it was literally raining body parts around the towers at times. Pretty fucking macabre if you ask me.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By xruntime
JakJ said:
"I was a sophomore in high school, and all we did was watch it on TV the entire day. It was very sad and gut wrenching. I remember the entire day felt like a dream, like I was watching some crazy-ass movie or something, except it was REAL. Those were real people jumping out of the flaming towers, real people died when the towers collapsed. All in front of our eyes, all 'LIVE'.  It was also frightening, considering the amount of misinformation flying across the news networks (they reported a car bomb went off at the Capital, many more unaccounted for planes, among other things). I will never forget the phone 'interview' Fox News did with someone trapped in one of the towers above where the plane hit. When asked by the 'reporter' what was "goin' on up there," the staticy answer that came back was  "We're fucking dying up here!" They lost the connection shortly afterwards (for obvious reasons). I didn't go to sleep until 2am that night, when Peter Jennings signed off ABC. 

It was a horrible day, but ultimately I think we overreacted. We took away freedoms at home, invaded an innocent country based on government-manipulated fear, not to mention we broke with what USED to be a basic core value and started torturing people. Overall, I think 9/11 had a much more negative effect on our entire country than three buildings collapsing ever could. 

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-Benjamin Franklin, Co-founder of America (and inventor of the bifocal!)
"
Excellent post. What a great quote right there!
If 9/11 was a conspiracy, it would make me lose all faith in humanity. But...it's extremely unlikely. 

And Vaxadrin, good job on exposing giyanks22. He's a 9th grader with no real perception of the world besides what his conservative parents have brainwashed him with. He calls anyone who's a liberal a commnunist, which has a derogatory conontation in America (although its a very admirable idea).  He spouts typical right-wing rumours and slander. 

There are so many smarter conservatives in this forum. For instance, at least MB doesn't make wild claims without backing them up (btw MB, this proves that all young people aren't Obamabots, like you seemed to say before). 

9/11 was a sad occasion. It's sad enough that people died, sad more that people have exploited it to pursue their own political interests and subdue American freedom of speech and right to privacy. However, I think we should mourn the loss of so many innocent people, and save the political conversation for tomorrow.
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Mushir

I wonder where Osama bin Laden is....

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By OmegaPirate

I Had just got home from secondary school (live in the u.k) and it was happening on the t.v - my dad explained what had happened and i laughed, not in a OMG THATS TEH FUHNNEH!! way, 

but in a , nervous chuckle no shit  that stuff doesnt happen!!! come on theres no way someone would do something like that for no reason 

Still dont think it feels like its been this long
KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71  Edited By KillaMaStA

Dude, i didint care. I saw it on TV and thought it looked cool(I was about 9 yrs old then so)
The whole thing didint really affect me directly since im in eastern europe.

Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Sushbag

Vaxadrin: I briefly glanced over this thread out of curiosity and can already see you're a fucking holier-than-thou attention-seeking douchebag. Just what GB needs huh? Go back to gamefaqs you faggot.

That is all.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Vaxadrin said:
"It all makes sense now.

giyanks22
said:
"you could call her a communist..."
I could, but I won't, because that would be completely ignorant to what communism actually means."
Communism is a form of economy, not a form of government.  You can be as far left as you would like and still not qualify as a Communist. 

Anyhow, I was in eighth grade.  The bell had just sounded to begin class.  The teacher said nothing to us, but merely sat behind his desk.  The television was on.  We watched the scene live as the second plane careened into the second tower. 

For a child of my age, it was hard to understand the gravity of the situation.  Even that day, my friends and I cracked jokes to each other about it.  Shortly after the attacks, news reports began relaying stories that gas prices were going to skyrocket by twenty dollars, or something astronomical like that.  I remember seeing the line of cars at the gas stations across town.  People were desperate, scared.  Nobody had the slightest comprehension of the hate which fueled the attacks. 

My mind flashed before me the thought that the world was ending, societal symbols of strength and fortitude collapsing in front of my eyes.  When I look back on it, I still have trouble grasping the sheer fear of that day, the nervous, nigh-unstable balance of the world. 
Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Metasin
Vaxadrin said:
"giyanks22 said:
"they are both bad, and if Genocide happened in America, it would be all over the news, but instead a terrorist attack happened, and it's instead all over the news."
A genocide would never happen in the US.  The people in power are far more clever and need not resort to brute force in such a way.

Yeah they use different options, like reservations
Muze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Muze

I was in the 6th grade on my way to school when I heard about it on the radio. I didn't understand fully what happened until I got home that day, and after that I was pretty shaken up.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Vaxadrin
Sushbag said:
"Vaxadrin: I briefly glanced over this thread out of curiosity and can already see you're a fucking holier-than-thou attention-seeking douchebag. Just what GB needs huh? Go back to gamefaqs you faggot.

That is all."
I apologize for being such a faggot.
evilhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By evilhomer

I was at home in Seattle before school when I got a call from my mom who was in DC saying she and my dad had made their flight from NYC but they would be stuck there in DC for awhile.  Somewhat close call there.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#78  Edited By clubsandwich
TheJollyRajah said:
"I remember that day... I actually stayed home sick from school that day. I didn't feel right.

Some people may think I'm crazy, but...... I actually believe it was an inside job. If a plane can hit the Empire State Building without much damage, then how did the Twin Towers fall... both one after the other? It didn't seem right."
I do think the same, I really think it was an inside job, now take this flame shield, you'll need it.
*waits fot "it's a conspiracy!!1!!11!"*
Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Omega

This might sound cold, so consider yourself warned.

As long as you didn't lose anyone in, or directly affected by the 9/11 event then you really shouldn't give a shit.

So many people die in so many horrible ways all over the world every day and no one cares, except those directly involved. I find it arrogant that any nation believe it should be exempt from tragedy while everyone else is suffering.

The government fucked up and people payed the price...then thousands of people from another country who had nothing to do with it had to split the bill, but that's another story.

To those who did lose someone I'm very sorry for your loss. To the TC its nice to hear that your cousin made it out.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By giyanks22
Omega said:
"This might sound cold, so consider yourself warned.

As long as you didn't lose anyone in, or directly affected by the 9/11 event then you really shouldn't give a shit.

So many people die in so many horrible ways all over the world every day and no one cares, except those directly involved. I find it arrogant that any nation believe it should be exempt from tragedy while everyone else is suffering.

The government fucked up and people payed the price...then thousands of people from another country who had nothing to do with it had to split the bill, but that's another story.

To those who did lose someone I'm very sorry for your loss. To the TC its nice to hear that your cousin made it out."
I think you have a point. I think it is important for people to care, but you are right about other countries where people are dying. I was directly involved with 9/11 (read opening post), so that's why I posted it and that's why I care.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81  Edited By Kazona
Omega said:

To those who did lose someone I'm very sorry for your loss. To the TC its nice to hear that your cousin made it out."
What he said...
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Mushir
Omega said:

I feel the same way.
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Verdugo
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#84  Edited By Cube

Don't care.

Didn't affect me at all, I'm still living the same life in a free country.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By adam_grif

This thread is so srs, the joker would not approve.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By atejas

inb4 shitstorm.

I lol'd at the TF2 and Hulk Hogan ones.
I'm a bad person and I should feel bad.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Vaxadrin
Cube said:
"Don't care.

Didn't affect me at all, I'm still living the same life in a free country."
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#88  Edited By Rowr

lol @ marshmallow man.

here we go...

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By PharoahCapcom

F#CK 9/11

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By JakJ

Fucks with all these trolls? School just let out?