I think im good enough to be in Coldplays's band!!!!

• 65 results
Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Austin

This is me singing an autotuned version of Viva la Vida by Coldplay! What do you guys think its pretty beast huh. I sound like t-pain

LMFAO I know I messed up on some parts so plz don't laugh!

So wuduya think? Am I a good singer or what? Rate on scale 1-10 plz.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Is that what that shitty robotic sound on all these songs is? AUTOTUNING!?!

Oh my God, the world is dead.
Avatar image for gobiasindustries
GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By GobiasIndustries

Autotuning is the worst fucking thing that has ever happened.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Jayge_

That was so bad that it made my EYES bleed. MY EYES WEREN'T EVEN LISTENING.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Coltonio7

EEK!

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RetroIce4

Get out. I hate Auto-Tune so much!

Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Austin

My voice is too deep for this song lol!

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

that was awful and T-pain sucks.... i know this because how else would he get a recording contract?

Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Austin

Why so much hate for auto tune guys? It makes ur voice sound soooooo much better!

KiddSushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By KiddSushi

If you can't sing it without autotuning, then you're probably not good enough to be in Coldplay. Sorry, dude.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jayge_
Austin said:
"Why so much hate for auto tune guys? It makes ur voice sound soooooo much better!"
It does not make your voice sound better at all.
Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bonesofwar

It's not called auto tuning it's pitch correction. And like it or not, every album to come out on a major label in the last 5-6 years has had the some measure of pitch correction on it. Not that I'm particularly fond of the process it is still prevelent on most albums. It's why most vocal performances on albums are no where near what they used to be back in the days of The Who and Led Zepplin, artists and to a larger extent producers need to realize that no one likes listening to a pitch perfect vocal performance, they want a passionate, heart felt, and genuine one.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422
KiddSushi said:
"If you can't sing it without autotuning, then you're probably not good enough to be in Coldplay. Sorry, dude."
Of course I agree with the auto tune shit, however, Coldplay are such fucking shit, that I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get in their band. Who the fuck would want to?
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187

For all the haters of Auto-Tune:  shut the fuck up.  I am okay with anyone using anything they possibly can to make music, so long as I like it.  The new Kanye album was excellent.

Who the FUCK are any of you to say what is and isn't music?  Now, Austin, while I usually find your topics to be mind-numbingly painful to read, as well as the fact that I don't like Coldplay at all...I gotta say that if that really IS you doing that Auto-Tune, way to go, dood.  It's not perfect, but it's better than most of the motherfuckers talking shit about it on here can do, with or without Auto-Tune.

Oh, and if it's not you, DIAF.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Karmum

Please stop.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
jakob187 said:
"For all the haters of Auto-Tune:  shut the fuck up.  I am okay with anyone using anything they possibly can to make music, so long as I like it.  The new Kanye album was excellent.
Who the FUCK are any of you to say what is and isn't music?  Now, Austin, while I usually find your topics to be mind-numbingly painful to read, as well as the fact that I don't like Coldplay at all...I gotta say that if that really IS you doing that Auto-Tune, way to go, dood.  It's not perfect, but it's better than most of the motherfuckers talking shit about it on here can do, with or without Auto-Tune.

Oh, and if it's not you, DIAF.
"
oh for the record i dont think auto tune is bad i think T-pain is bad and austins singing to be awful.... 
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Arkthemaniac

AY!!!!!

Music is about expression of the soul, not expression of the soul through some fine-grain filter. It's like . . . imagine if they took a piece of literature a new, up-and-coming author wrote and fed it into a machine that changes all the wording to be more impactful, poetic and symbolic. Could you really get behind that? It's having a machine do the work for you, which is BULLSHIT when it comes to art!

Maybe this hits closer to home for me because I've spent a lot of time to learn how to sing in tune and with at least a speck of good tone quality, also that there are amazingly talented vocal groups out there that are less of a household name than the people that have to autotune or correct their pitch or whatever. Even so, I don't see much wrong with a missed note every now and again. It keeps your music earthly, which I think can be a great thing. Hell, an entire musical genre was founded upon hitting the wrong note!

The fact that trying to make everything so clean-cut and dandy seems to not only go against the spirit of rap, hip-hop, rock, and most popular genres today, but it goes against the entity of music in and of itself. It's never been about perfection, but passion. There are no perfect songs, only more passionate songs than others. Therefore, measuring a song by a scale of notes hit correctly and therefore seeing a need to correct your mistakes rather than judging a song by the soul and power of it seems counterproductive and plain deceptive.

But, that's just me. And who am I? But, I will say that the singers that time will remember, like Marvin Gaye, Freddie Mercury and James Brown, got to that position by way of injecting their hearts into their craft. These new guys are all about new tech, and it's starting to grind my ass.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jakob187
ZombieHunter said:
"jakob187 said:
"For all the haters of Auto-Tune:  shut the fuck up.  I am okay with anyone using anything they possibly can to make music, so long as I like it.  The new Kanye album was excellent.

Oh, and if it's not you, DIAF."
oh for the record i dont think auto tune is bad i think T-pain is bad and austins singing to be awful.... "
Right, I also recall Austin saying, and I quote, "LMFAO I know I messed up on some parts so plz don't laugh!".  Therefore, it's not like I'm holding this in the critical standpoint of if I were listening to, say, Aretha Franklin or something.  Dood wanted an opinion, and my opinion is that it's better than a vast majority of the people that are on here talking shit about it and hating on him.  I can guarantee most of these people insulting him can barely pull off three notes properly, let alone function a vox box or Auto-Tune in any way!

So I think it's absolutely asinine that anyone is dropping negative comments.  Then again, this IS the internet.  =  /

I mean, people wanna bitch at me because me and my cousin used drum programming software for our own project?  In fact, I also used electronic processing on my vocals at the end of the song...so?

I will always encourage people to explore themselves musically, and whether it's with natural instruments, electronic ones, or ways of helping them reach that goal, then whatever.

*EDIT*
@Ark:

I can understand the exact point you are coming from...and I used to be the exact same way.  Regardless, that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to toy around and use what makes them feel it.  I mean, look at it like this:  Kanye used Auto-Tune for all of 808s and Heartbreak...but does that mean he didn't arrange the music?  Does that mean he didn't choose the notes?  Does that mean he didn't write the words?  There is still plenty of art in it.  By your theory, that would mean we shouldn't use distortion on electric guitars, and for that matter, we shouldn't use electric guitars.

The point is:  why shouldn't people who aren't given the gift of natural vocal talent be allowed to "sing"?  Yes, it doesn't necessarily take a ton of talent, but you do need to know how to run a sampler, a keyboard, and you need to know a thing or two about music and theory in general.  I spent tons of time teaching myself and learning how to play guitar, bass, some drums, and singing.  Does that mean I'm going to get bent because someone else out there is making millions of bucks off electronic reproductions of those sounds?  NO!  Why?  Because, what's it matter?  As long as one person hears what I've got and likes it, then I'm satisfied.  If I can make money at it someday, even better.  If not, I'm not going to get buttsore.

Music is music.  Period.  End of story.  If you don't like the way it's made, that's your own point of view...but for God's sake, don't discourage from making music just because you don't approve of their methods in creating it.  FFS, it's not like Austin is being Milli Vanilli here or something...
Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mercator

I would just prefer to hear a human sing out of tune than a robot sing in tune.

The autotuner is just the next step in musical devolution.

Strangely enough its also featured on the latest Bon Iver EP...why a man with such a beautiful voice would go for such a sound is beyond me. Robot folk maybe?

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#20  Edited By vigorousjammer

I'm not gonna get into an argument over weather pitch adjustment belongs in music or not, but I will say this...
Austin, that was CRAP!
nobody has yet rated him on a scale of 1-10 like he said, so let me be the first...
I give you a 1/10!

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By artofwar420

You could be in Kanye West's crew.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I don't really think Austin was that bad. If nothing else, he had the balls to do it, and that's half of singing, the more difficult half, really.

Also, I'm not saying that Kanye didn't write the music, but I'm saying that going to such great lengths to make the song of a quality through means not natural to him . . . it just loses its authenticity in my eyes. If he writes a song, he should sing it without an electric veil.

As for natural talent . . . you are speaking to an example. I don't have it. It's taken time and pain for me to become the singer that I am, and it has been painful. Migranes from the high notes, cramps from the low ones, but since I've gone through such hell, it feels like I've actually earned it. My philosophy on natural talent is that calling someone naturally talented from just listening to them undermines all the hard work and time they may have put into their craft.

I may have a strange concept of music compared to many other people, including famous musicians. I'm the kind of person that when I am recording something, and I mess up . . . I call it a twist and not a shortcoming. Maybe it's my improvisational nature in singing and playing, but I'm kinda getting off topic here. Just wanted to let you know where I stand with this whole "error of sound" thing.

I understand how you'd come to the conclusion about the electric instruments and whatnot, but an electric instrument is still an instrument played by human hands, and distortion merely changes the character of the sound, not the function. Distortion may be an electric filter, but what you play comes out the other end the same way you put it in.

Also, I could never discourage someone from making music . . . unless they're these guys, but, that's "music". I don't have to listen to every album made, and I wouldn't even if pitch correction weren't around. The fact that so many popular musicians use it bothers me when regarding the state of the modern singer, and people like Austin saying stuff like "It makes your voice sound sooooo much better . . .," just eats at me.

Plus, a lot of people that use pitch correction are just shit by definition. Then again, a lot of people that don't are as well.
TomServo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By TomServo

they're really not that different from the backstreet boys, I agree.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jakob187

Electric instruments are not necessarily played.  Again, pointing at the example of Embrace the Villain, we use drum programming software (specifically Acoustica Beatcraft).  That's simply clicking buttons with a mouse and figuring out the sequence of it all.  It does everything else itself.  So it's not like we're actually playing the instrument.  Sure, belly is playing the guitar and I'm rockin the vocals, and I went through pure Hell doing the screaming because I was already sick and phlegmed up.  Nonetheless, people say screaming doesn't take talent, and they have no fucking clue what they are talking about.  It takes just as much as singing does.

So, I understand your point of naturalism in music.  My point is that music isn't about being natural - it's about feeling something from what you hear.  By whatever means it takes to make it, then do it...so long as it is your own original work in some way.  Hell, I'm all for sampling other people's music and such, as long as it's done in your own way.  Music may be an art, yes...but a greater art is figuring out how to use something in a new way.

We'll always know if someone is a good singer or not.  Christina Aguilera is a good singer, a great singer as a matter of fact...with INCREDIBLE range.  We know that Kanye West is NOT a singer, just the same way that T-Pain is NOT a singer.  Does that mean it's not music?  No, it just means they aren't a "singer".  They are a "vocalist" instead.  Most people don't understand that difference.  The ones that do...well, those are the ones who spew opinions that I respect.
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tekmojo

I've got some autotune stuff in the works, more daft punk type music though. The autotune scene is new to me but if you use it right and have some post prod. editing you can produce great results. I would say that autotune for me is a tutorial for my voice. Singing in jam bands is so so different then autotune, and if you think about cross merging the two it's going to sound so wierd. You need to train your voice, find the right settings, do the quality editing work before getting anything to sound half-way decent. Oh and drink lots of water, good lord singing is a strain on your voice. Good start though, good luck. 

Here is one of my friends singing Kanye West - I Put On:

He's pretty decent, he told me one time around where we live some dude walked up to him and told him "I know this going to sound wierd but are you that guy singing Kanye on youtube" Cracks me up.
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Discorsi

Gah whenever I see an Austin thread I can't help but think of a former 'bomber.  Of course I am speaking of the legendary Levio91.  His threads were the greatest.  His threads put wannabes like Austin to shame.  RIP HOMEBOY. xoxo

P.S.  don't autotune.  As we speak, research is being done in top secret laboratories that may link auto tuning to syphilis, rabies, leprosy, and broakbakitis.  

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#27  Edited By Claude

Anything is possible as long as you dream. Create goals and reach them.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jakob187
Discorsi said:
"Gah whenever I see an Austin thread I can't help but think of a former 'bomber.  Of course I am speaking of the legendary Levio91.  His threads were the greatest.  His threads put wannabes like Austin to shame.  RIP HOMEBOY. xoxo"
-_-  I'm still waiting to see how long it takes people to notice...
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Milkman
jakob187 said:
The new Kanye album was excellent.

That's where you're incredibly wrong. But I agree with everything else.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jakob187
Milkman said:
"jakob187 said:
The new Kanye album was excellent.
That's where you're incredibly wrong. But I agree with everything else."
To each their own...
Derios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Derios

Really? Man i really disliked his new album.... daft punk voice does not mix well with Kanye imo.

Anyway great stuff.

Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Austin

Guys im about to up load my 2nd

Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Austin

Here it is my Tpain one! Its called "Buy you Drank"
I admit I tried a little harder on this one so u can be critical.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By clubsandwich

No Caption Provided
D:
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By Black_Rose

I was smashing my head against the desk as I listened to that shit. Please, for the sake of all that is good...stop.

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rexualhealing

This is very interesting.

On a side note, apparently a near unwatchable video of my band is being used to advertise some Goth dating site in Canada. It's from our first show, we're all really drunk, and it's really horrible, it was a drunken idea to upload it to YouTube, the actual show wasn't that bad, but it's funny as hell to see it with the ad for the dating site at the bottom.

Silly owners of Canadian Goth Dating Websites. We thought about suing them for all of five seconds (to fund the purchase of new recording equipment, among other things), but decided to just see what happens.
jondavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jondavis

You know Coldplay is the name of the band, right?

So, when you say, "im good enough to be in Coldplay's band!!!!", it doesn't make a bit of sense.

Oh, and even with autotuning, that was pretty terrible.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By Gunner

Not the best but its a start i guess.. Its amazing that a lot of people dont realize that no one is born with perfect vocals, they get better with practice.

you should puck up an instrument too like a guitar or something, that way you can entertain your friends or w/e at dull parties. Or even start a band :D

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By destro
Arkthemaniac said:
"AY!!!!!
Music is about expression of the soul, not expression of the soul through some fine-grain filter. It's like . . . imagine if they took a piece of literature a new, up-and-coming author wrote and fed it into a machine that changes all the wording to be more impactful, poetic and symbolic. Could you really get behind that? It's having a machine do the work for you, which is BULLSHIT when it comes to art!

Maybe this hits closer to home for me because I've spent a lot of time to learn how to sing in tune and with at least a speck of good tone quality, also that there are amazingly talented vocal groups out there that are less of a household name than the people that have to autotune or correct their pitch or whatever. Even so, I don't see much wrong with a missed note every now and again. It keeps your music earthly, which I think can be a great thing. Hell, an entire musical genre was founded upon hitting the wrong note!

The fact that trying to make everything so clean-cut and dandy seems to not only go against the spirit of rap, hip-hop, rock, and most popular genres today, but it goes against the entity of music in and of itself. It's never been about perfection, but passion. There are no perfect songs, only more passionate songs than others. Therefore, measuring a song by a scale of notes hit correctly and therefore seeing a need to correct your mistakes rather than judging a song by the soul and power of it seems counterproductive and plain deceptive.

But, that's just me. And who am I? But, I will say that the singers that time will remember, like Marvin Gaye, Freddie Mercury and James Brown, got to that position by way of injecting their hearts into their craft. These new guys are all about new tech, and it's starting to grind my ass.
"
Correction. Music used to be an expression from the soul. Now its more of an expression from someones ass.
jondavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jondavis

Good God no. Don't start a band.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By End_Boss

On a scale of 1 to 10

I HATE YOU.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By serbsta

I fucking hate autotune and i think its ruined music for the most part. But maybe thats just me (its not). I wont discourage you... so, FUCK YEAH MAN! Go contact Coldplay asap!

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Clean

Don't Trip, I'm not that good at auto-tune either.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ParanoidFreak
Austin said:
"Why so much hate for auto tune guys? It makes ur voice sound soooooo much better!"
I would compare this auto-tune craze to the amount of synthesizers used in the 80's. I hope auto-tune dies soon, it is just a tool for people who can't sing but want to get famous (T-pain, Kanye West, etc.)
gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#45  Edited By gla55jAw

Auto tune is something that people use if they can't hit a note perfectly. These stupid rappers are putting it all the way up so they can sound like they can sing. Boo.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By Shadow

Yeah.  You're totally good enough to join that band that Coldplay has.  What was the name of Coldplay's band again?  Oh well.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HandsomeDead
ParanoidFreak said:
"Austin said:
I would compare this auto-tune craze to the amount of synthesizers used in the 80's. I hope auto-tune dies soon, it is just a tool for people who can't sing but want to get famous (T-pain, Kanye West, etc.)"
Not being able to sing didn't stop Bob Dylan, Tom Waits or that prick from AC/DC so why would it stop T-Pain and the amazingly talented Kanye West? To me, Autotune is a good sound which has just been overused. Particularly on 808s and Heartbreaks where it gets tiring by the midpoint of the album.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jayge_
Austin said:
"Here it is my Tpain one! Its called "Buy you Drank"

"
You sound like you're straining your voice too hard. Is your natural range lower than that?
Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Austin
Jayge said:
"Austin said:
"Here it is my Tpain one! Its called "Buy you Drank"

"
You sound like you're straining your voice too hard. Is your natural range lower than that?"

Yeah, I did, I had to make my voice very high pitched like a woman's voice since my normal voice is kinda deep. I noticed that autotune doesn't work well with deep voices.
ShiroMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShiroMe

Why settle for coldplay? I think you cold move up to singing on a corner, or mabey the subway if you practice enough.