Is Giant Bomb the best thing Whiskey has going?

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

i think so. i like the comicvine, but animevice is...well, im just staying far away from that place thats all i'm gonna say. 

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Karmum

Well technically, gaming has a more broader (and probably more popular) audience than both comics and now the newly formed anime website. So in a sense Giant Bomb is probably the most popular thing Whiskey Media has going for it. "Best" can definitely be up for grabs, depending on your alignment (with gaming, comics, anime, politics).

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

It's certainly the most popular Whiskey site, I think. PoliticalBase is a solid but not as popular site. ComicVine has found its own niche, that's alright. AnimeVice had its fucking legs cut off at launch; they made some weird people mods and now they run around handing IP bans out like candy bars on Halloween, to people who broke no rules. The entire site was taken over by roleplaying-lovers who should not have bothered leaving ComicVine, and what could have been a great GB-like place for anime is now taken over with rampant groups of people playing pretend.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf
Jayge said:
"It's certainly the most popular Whiskey site, I think. PoliticalBase is a solid but not as popular site. ComicVine has found its own niche, that's alright. AnimeVice had its fucking legs cut off at launch; they made some weird people mods and now they run around handing IP bans out like candy bars on Halloween, to people who broke no rules. The entire site was taken over by roleplaying-lovers who should not have bothered leaving ComicVine, and what could have been a great GB-like place for anime is now taken over with rampant groups of people playing pretend."
Sounds like the formula for success to me...
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Dalai

AnimeVice just started so it's too early to tell there.

PoliticalBase seems to be pretty dead, but that could be because of the end of the election season.  Comic Vine seems to have a strong following similar to Giant Bomb.

So I say for now, Giant Bomb and Comic Vine are Whiskey Media's bigger successes for now.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Black_Rose

It most definitely is, of all the sites it's my favorite. That place could be taken by AnimeVice if it wasn't for all the roleplaying, which i'm still trying to get used to. ComicVine is just weird and i haven't been in PB.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By suneku

success likes to follow me

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb

I can't stand anime and I've never been big on comics, GiantBomb is the only one of three sites I visit. Is GiantBomb the most successful?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Snail

Duh.

abombb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By abombb

I think the reason Giant Bomb is more popular than the other Whiskey sites is not the demographic, but because Giant Bomb has Jeff Gerstmann's name behind it, giving it the large community it has compared to Comic Vine and Anime Vice.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By BiggerBomb

Suneku, why don't you have a Santa hat on?!

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By thordain

Giantbomb has widespread appeal and also had plenty of advertising and time for excitement to build up over it. The sheer amount of people who tranferred over here from GS alone makes it the most popular site Whiskey has.

Whight_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Whight_Knight

Irish Whiskey is the best that Whiskey has goin for it ... oh wait.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It's got the wider audience, but they've all got similar features, so they're all pretty much the same.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Endogene

Comic vine is the most complete wiki for the moment so i consider that site the best one. My guess is that anime vice will be complete before Giant Bomb since for every new anime/manga there are 10 new games.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jayge_
Endogene said:
"Comic vine is the most complete wiki for the moment so i consider that site the best one. My guess is that anime vice will be complete before Giant Bomb since for every new anime/manga there are 10 new games."
ComicVine's wiki has some of the shittiest writing ever. It balances out.
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By RandomHero666
Thordain said:
"Giantbomb has widespread appeal and also had plenty of advertising and time for excitement to build up over it. The sheer amount of people who tranferred over here from GS alone makes it the most popular site Whiskey has."
just what i was about to say.. 2 weeks ago.

Whight_Knight said:
"Irish Whiskey is the best that Whiskey has goin for it ... oh wait."
:D
DarkShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DarkShadow

I didn't even know that there were other sites related to Giantbomb. But Giantbomb's the best for me because I don't like anime or comics.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gameboi

Up until this point, it was the only one I knew about. I'll have to check those other sites out, and see for myself.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HazBazz

Of course it is. Think about it.

Giant Bomb's content has arguably he largest appeal. I think video games are more popular than anime and comic books. And theres a million news sites out there for political coverage.

Giant Bomb has one of the largest names in the industry running it, Jeff.

Giant Bomb was born out of one of the largest controversies in the industry last year, so loads of people know about it just because of that.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By CreamyGoodness

in terms of audience giantbomb has it beat. in terms of technical shit. they all seem about the same

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Endogene
CreamyGoodness said:
" in terms of technical shit. they all seem about the same"
Actually animevice is somewhat ahead feature wise since the dev team seems to be working on that one and than bringing over what they have done there the the other sites, an example would be that now where you see in your profile your point ranking amongst all the members the number of members is a hyper link to the top users list. Small stuff like that but the gap is only a few days.
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Verdugo

Since I am not familiar with the other sites it has going...

Yeah, I believe it is.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By brukaoru

In terms of popularity and audience reach, GiantBomb is definitely the biggest.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By oraknabo
Whight_Knight said:
"Irish Whiskey is the best that Whiskey has goin for it ... oh wait."
GiantBomb seems more like a good Bourbon. Maybe PoliticalBase is a Scotch. AnimeVice is Suntory.
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MetalGearSunny
Jayge said:
"It's certainly the most popular Whiskey site, I think. PoliticalBase is a solid but not as popular site. ComicVine has found its own niche, that's alright. AnimeVice had its fucking legs cut off at launch; they made some weird people mods and now they run around handing IP bans out like candy bars on Halloween, to people who broke no rules. The entire site was taken over by roleplaying-lovers who should not have bothered leaving ComicVine, and what could have been a great GB-like place for anime is now taken over with rampant groups of people playing pretend."
Sounds like Gamespot.