• 141 results
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Edited By Tireyo

Last night at 1:20 AM, my dad lost the battle with cancer that started in his kidney, then spread to his spine and worked it's way up to his other organs. He was only 53 years old. Before he passed away, I didn't want to go to bed right away because I felt that something strange was going to happen when looking at him on the hospital bed in the living room. Mom told me that he's waiting for me to say something to him, and I told her that I couldn't say it quite yet. I got tired enough to want to go to bed... and I finally told my dad that I loved him and wished him a good night. I told him that if he needed to go, then he can go. I kissed my two fingers, then placed them on his head because it's something that I just do. Afterwards, I got my water that I usually drink throughout the night, then went to bed. Six minutes later, he was gone and my mom watched him take his last breath. Mom came into my room and shut my door and didn't tell me what was wrong. As any person would do... I got up to see what was the matter, though I had that feeling that I already knew, and I went into the living room to see him. I told him that I loved him again after knowing that he was definitely gone, and I went back to bed. I managed to get 4 hours of sleep last night and I'm still awake. I don't want to close my eyes and go to sleep, because I don't want a terrible nightmare that I don't really need at the moment, but I know that I'll need sleep for tomorrow... so I'm going to have to suck it up and sleep.

Right now, my mom and I feel like we are in a terrible nightmare that we cannot wake up from. We cannot cry, and people are really shocked by that because we stayed strong. I'm gradually starting to miss him dearly. What makes it hard for me is that there is a slight regret that I've been holding in about me that no one knows about, and the bad part is that I still cannot tell anyone. I'm going to make my dad proud though because I'm going to get my Bachelor's in Business Administration in December and I'm going to learn how to drive!! I'm also going to try to live a happier life, though it seems far-fetched right now.

Anyways, My grandpa isn't taking it well as his two sons (My dad and uncle) passed away before him. My granddad is still alive, but he has given up... and I'll be seeing him tomorrow. I have a feeling that I'll lose him too, but I think I'll be able to see him tomorrow for perhaps one last time.

I'm not going to be online for a while. User TobbRobb will be posting sometime next week our special 5 star anime review blog, but I will not respond to anyone until I come back. I don't know when I'll be back, but it'll only be for a short time. I will be disappearing from my town, because mom and I need to get away from everyone because they are driving us insane with all these phone calls.

I thank you all for being nice to me because it's all that I really wanted. I know that most people here do not believe in prayer, so it's best to at least keep me and my family in your thoughts because we are having a rough time. My stomach is very upset, and I'm having a strange pain in my chest, back, rib, and possibly my kidney, so I think that I need to sleep right now before it gets worse. I apologize for my bad grammar... though I think that I've always had bad grammar. I'm very tired right now, my mind is racing, and restless. I think I'm about to crash though.

See you all later,

Tyler

Edit: Thank you all for the kind words. It really means something. I feel like all of this is some sort of cruel and sick joke, then I realize that it isn't because I was around to take care of my dad and I watched him suffer. It's not something that I want to remember. The funny thing is that I really do wish it was a cruel and sick joke, because right now I just want my dad back...

Anyways, I'll really be disappearing temporarily soon. I haven't had a good cry yet, and I'm waiting for it.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Tireyo

Last night at 1:20 AM, my dad lost the battle with cancer that started in his kidney, then spread to his spine and worked it's way up to his other organs. He was only 53 years old. Before he passed away, I didn't want to go to bed right away because I felt that something strange was going to happen when looking at him on the hospital bed in the living room. Mom told me that he's waiting for me to say something to him, and I told her that I couldn't say it quite yet. I got tired enough to want to go to bed... and I finally told my dad that I loved him and wished him a good night. I told him that if he needed to go, then he can go. I kissed my two fingers, then placed them on his head because it's something that I just do. Afterwards, I got my water that I usually drink throughout the night, then went to bed. Six minutes later, he was gone and my mom watched him take his last breath. Mom came into my room and shut my door and didn't tell me what was wrong. As any person would do... I got up to see what was the matter, though I had that feeling that I already knew, and I went into the living room to see him. I told him that I loved him again after knowing that he was definitely gone, and I went back to bed. I managed to get 4 hours of sleep last night and I'm still awake. I don't want to close my eyes and go to sleep, because I don't want a terrible nightmare that I don't really need at the moment, but I know that I'll need sleep for tomorrow... so I'm going to have to suck it up and sleep.

Right now, my mom and I feel like we are in a terrible nightmare that we cannot wake up from. We cannot cry, and people are really shocked by that because we stayed strong. I'm gradually starting to miss him dearly. What makes it hard for me is that there is a slight regret that I've been holding in about me that no one knows about, and the bad part is that I still cannot tell anyone. I'm going to make my dad proud though because I'm going to get my Bachelor's in Business Administration in December and I'm going to learn how to drive!! I'm also going to try to live a happier life, though it seems far-fetched right now.

Anyways, My grandpa isn't taking it well as his two sons (My dad and uncle) passed away before him. My granddad is still alive, but he has given up... and I'll be seeing him tomorrow. I have a feeling that I'll lose him too, but I think I'll be able to see him tomorrow for perhaps one last time.

I'm not going to be online for a while. User TobbRobb will be posting sometime next week our special 5 star anime review blog, but I will not respond to anyone until I come back. I don't know when I'll be back, but it'll only be for a short time. I will be disappearing from my town, because mom and I need to get away from everyone because they are driving us insane with all these phone calls.

I thank you all for being nice to me because it's all that I really wanted. I know that most people here do not believe in prayer, so it's best to at least keep me and my family in your thoughts because we are having a rough time. My stomach is very upset, and I'm having a strange pain in my chest, back, rib, and possibly my kidney, so I think that I need to sleep right now before it gets worse. I apologize for my bad grammar... though I think that I've always had bad grammar. I'm very tired right now, my mind is racing, and restless. I think I'm about to crash though.

See you all later,

Tyler

Edit: Thank you all for the kind words. It really means something. I feel like all of this is some sort of cruel and sick joke, then I realize that it isn't because I was around to take care of my dad and I watched him suffer. It's not something that I want to remember. The funny thing is that I really do wish it was a cruel and sick joke, because right now I just want my dad back...

Anyways, I'll really be disappearing temporarily soon. I haven't had a good cry yet, and I'm waiting for it.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By StarvingGamer

My condolences. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. Try to keep your chin up duder, you'll be in my thoughts.

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Sorry to hear that dude

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GunslingerPanda

:(

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Sorry to hear that :( 

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By dungbootle

I'm sorry, friend. Stay strong.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MikeGosot

I don't even know what to say, duder. Hmm, you were the only person to post something on my wall in GB, so that's pretty awesome and... Stay strong, duder.

Mike_Sandbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mike_Sandbag

I'm sorry for your loss. Sometimes words can feel so hollow, but try to keep your chin up. Do your father proud with your degree and your license!

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

My sincere condolences.

Avatar image for endlessobsidian
EndlessObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EndlessObsidian

I'm sorry for your loss. Stay strong.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Wraith1

I usually don't know what to say in these situations, stay strong

ayman03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ayman03

sorry to hear that

that's rough buddy

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Juicebox

That was touching story. You're a good person. Take care of your mother, nice people like you aren't so common anymore. I wish you the best, don't let tough times get you down. Look to the future you're a good kid. Your dad was proud of you, hell I'd be proud to have you as my son. Make your dad proud.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Masha2932

My condolences mate. Keep your chin up and stay strong for your family.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By halberdierv2

my condolences. lost a great aunt myself yesterday. may he rest in peace.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Claude

I'm so sorry Ty. I give you my strength of mind and mend over the internet. Grieve and take care my friend.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NegativeCero

I'm rooting for you and your family. I'm sorry, Tyler.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By EarlessShrimp

My sincerest apologies my good man. Keep on keeping on.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By myke_tuna

Sucks, man. But you seem to be taking it well (as well as anyone could anyway) and I'm sure you will make your father proud. Good luck learning how to drive!

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

#20  Edited By InfiniteSpark

Sorry to hear. My condolences to you and your family.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

My condolences, I wish I could say more. I know how hard it is to lose someone in the family so close.

boylie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By boylie

My condolences to you and your family duder :(

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gamefreak9

My mom also has cancer, the fight's been going on for 7 years... it sucks. My condolences...on a lighter note...I can't believe you guys don't love FMA brotherhood and Naruto... so I don't mind the anime delay...take your time

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Jeust

My condolences man. Those pains might be related to stress and anxiety, try to rest and take it easier. 

Also don't blame yourself for not telling your father, as he is watching over you. 

Take care!

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Contrarian

No mere words can ever convey a message suitable for such tragic events. I wish you well in dealing with your own pain, as well as being there for your family. My good thoughts are with you.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Grillbar

My condolences.

AdzPearson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#27  Edited By AdzPearson

Sorry to hear that. My dad was round about the same age when he died, so I can relate to it (although the circumstances were different). I wish you and your family all the best.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By Phatmac

Sorry about the news duder. :/ Can't imagine the lose of my dad. Best wishes from me and the rest of the community! Stay strong, Tyler.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep ur head up n take care of ur mother n family stay strong

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As Abraham Lincoln once said: "I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming." But for what it's worth, I offer my condolences.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By landon

Stay strong, man. Hope you get through this ok.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By Deusoma

My condolences, Tyler. You and yours will indeed be in my thoughts.

Chias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Chias

If I had a hat on right now, I would take it off in respect for you. I don't know what else I could tell you. I can't put in words about what to do, I don't think any can. Just know that you did the best things you could have done and keep strong.

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By WightnNerdy

I lost my dad, too, when I was younger. 

It's tough. Stay strong.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By JJOR64

Sorry to here that. I have not lost my parents, but I have lost my grandparents and I know the feeling. Stay strong duder.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#36  Edited By beargirl1

i can't possibly imagine what you could be going through. stay strong, Ty.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#37  Edited By Hailinel

My condolences to you. I'm not sure what else I can say, so I guess all I can do is echo the others and hope you stay strong.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By ssj4raditz

All my love and best wishes to you and your family. I wish I could just hug you right now.

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Seesic

My condolences, stay strong. And good luck getting your Bachelor's and with driving,

Zurgfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zurgfrog

I'm sorry to hear that, stay strong duder

Roflwaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#41  Edited By Roflwaffles

:(

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mrsignerman44

My condolences, keep your chin up. Your dad would want to see you happy, I'm sure.

BrockSampson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By BrockSampson

I am very sorry for your loss. My utmost condolences.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By Sackmanjones

Hang in there buddy

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By blair

That's very depressing. Keep focus on the positives. I've used Giant Bomb as a source of happiness and familiarity during times of turmoil. I hope you can derive the same pleasure through this difficult time.

CRACKYSTUNTYE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By CRACKYSTUNTYE

No matter how you look at it this will be one of the hardest things youll do in your life. And, it speaks volumes to your charecter how well your handling this. So I'll try to make you feel better by trying to say something halfway profound. Loss is a part of life. And, it's an important part to. Because, loss gives memories and time in general value. Especially with so many great memories from such a great and important person in your life. In time the hurt will go away and you'll be left with hundreds of memories that will comfort and shape you for the better in the years ahead. So keep hanging on man, your making your dad and all of us proud! (i just tryed to put myself in your shoes and thought of what id want to hear so i hope this helps and dosen't just come off as random ramblings)

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#47  Edited By Little_Socrates

One of the hardest days of your life is coming. May he find peace and may you remember that he would wish you to do him proud.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Max_Cherry

I'm so sorry. It was good you were there when it happened. I've haven't had that luck with my losses. My father died Easter 1972 of a heart attack in NY. He was still a young man (he was only 53). At the time I was living in California. We had just finished fighting about god knows what over the phone an hour earlier, and when I called back to apologize he was gone. My mother died of pancreatic cancer at only 61 in August 1984, and I wasn't there. But, worst of all My beloved sister hanged herself in the shower of a half way house on the other side of the country from me at just 38 in April 1985. The fuckers running the facility thought it would be a good Idea to put locks on the bathroom doors, and as a result they could not reach my sister until she had already expired. There went my entire immediate family and in each instance I was so far away. But, time heals all and I have a family of my own, a son who's about to turn 23 and a daughter who just turned 25 along with my lovely wife of almost 31 years.

Anyway, stay strong. I offer my sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Deusx

My girlfriend lost her dad at the age of 15 and I know how hard it can be for someone but man, I hope it helps for you to know that everyone here sincerely wishes the best for you and your family. Good luck duder, you can get through this.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#50  Edited By dietmango

I've pretty much said what I said before, but I'll say it again anyway. Keep your head up, take your time to recover, and take it easy. Ganbare!