• 75 results
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

So after downloading a lot of their songs (well, I guess it's not that much, around 40 or so) and forcing myself to only listen to them for the past two something days...I kind of *gulp* like them.

This worries me because I usually don't like this kind of music (ex. don't like Brand New, Circa Survive, etc.) but some of Radiohead's songs are growing on me. Some of those are Creep, Karma Police, Reckoner, and Nude.

Anyone else like the band, and if so, what other songs do you recommend?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

There is nothing wrong with liking Radiohead. If you haven't already, "Fake Plastic Trees" is a great song, and the entire OK Computer is fantastic, as well as pretty much everything else.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

OMG you monster, you are expanding your mind and liking new music that you haven't heard before... lols.

All I gotta say, Street Spirit.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By OmegaPirate
StaticFalconar said:
"OMG you monster, you are expanding your mind and liking new music that you haven't heard before... lols.

All I gotta say, Street Spirit."
Yeah man Street spirit is fantastic, One of their best
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Wow, ur such a tool lisening to radiohed lisen to rel music liek MCR good shit.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with liking a group, unless they flat-out suck, like MCR. Radiohead doesn't flatout suck.
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Coltonio7

Radiohead is okay. Not great. Not shit eating. They are C+ Okay.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By BigBoss1911
Arkthemaniac said:
"Wow, ur such a tool lisening to radiohed lisen to rel music liek MCR good shit.
Honestly, there's nothing wrong with liking a group, unless they flat-out suck, like MCR. Radiohead doesn't flatout suck.
"
wow....tool.....really?
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RetroIce4
Coltonio7 said:
"Radiohead is okay. Not great. Not shit eating. They are C+ Okay."
True. They are alright. I like them but never got a CD. Just a couple songs by them.
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
Arkthemaniac said:
"Wow, ur such a tool lisening to radiohed lisen to rel music liek MCR good shit.
"
uhh..wtf?
JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JohnDudebro

Paranoid Android is brilliant. Electioneering too.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Karmum

Yes, and all of their songs. Download every album you can find.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
Karmum said:
"Yes, and all of their songs. Download every album you can find."
heh, now I know where your profile pic is from.

hooray for knowledge!..
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

Radiohead = massive failure on a scale that cannot be conceived with the human mind

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Coltonio7
jakob187 said:
"Radiohead = massive failure on a scale that cannot be conceived with the human mind"
7/10?
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HandsomeDead

Reading sighsighsigh made me think of Boys Noize, an artist who is so much better than Radiohead that it's off the scale.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jakob187
Coltonio7 said:
"jakob187 said:
"Radiohead = massive failure on a scale that cannot be conceived with the human mind"
7/10?"
No.  Re-read my comment.  When I look at an artist like Van Morrison and see what he can do with ambience, then look at Radiohead...Radiohead just makes me want to vomit my small intestine out...
...through my dickhole.
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Coltonio7
jakob187 said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"jakob187 said:
7/10?"
No.  Re-read my comment.  When I look at an artist like Van Morrison and see what he can do with ambience, then look at Radiohead...Radiohead just makes me want to vomit my small intestine out...
...through my dickhole.
"
Ohhh!

So 6/10?
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jakob187
Coltonio7 said:
"jakob187 said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"jakob187 said:
7/10?"
...through my dickhole."
Ohhh!

So 6/10?"
After I vomit it out...I'm going to shove it down your throat and suffocate you with it, Coltonio.  -_-  lol
Seriously, though...Radiohead is horrificly bad.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Gunner
jakob187 said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"jakob187 said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"jakob187 said:
7/10?"
...through my dickhole."
Ohhh!

So 6/10?"
After I vomit it out...I'm going to shove it down your throat and suffocate you with it, Coltonio.  -_-  lol
"
will you marry me?
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

uhh..thanks for the inspirational words there jakob.

But seriously, they're not that bad. It's kind of a nice change for me from listening to so much metal lately.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Arkthemaniac
jakob187 said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"jakob187 said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"jakob187 said:
7/10?"
...through my dickhole."
Ohhh!

So 6/10?"
"
Were you born a Contrarian? Or do you just do it as a hobby?
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jakob187
Arkthemaniac said:
"Were you born a Contrarian? Or do you just do it as a hobby?"
Contrary to what?  I've always thought Radiohead was absolute bullshit and dribble...with more bullshit piled on top of it.  Have I ever stated otherwise...because I doubt that I ever have?
Jolly_Lolly said:
"uhh..thanks for the inspirational words there jakob.

But seriously, they're not that bad. It's kind of a nice change for me from listening to so much metal lately."
You should try Van Morrison's Tupelo Honey or Moondance.  Those are great albums to check out when you need a break from metal...at least, they are for me.  Crash by Dave Matthews Band is a good one, too.  There's also the Darwinia soundtrack, which is fucking awesome.  Last but not least...some Mussorgsky.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RHCPfan24
jakob187 said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"Were you born a Contrarian? Or do you just do it as a hobby?"
Contrary to what?  I've always thought Radiohead was absolute bullshit and dribble...with more bullshit piled on top of it.  Have I ever stated otherwise...because I doubt that I ever have?
Jolly_Lolly said:
"uhh..thanks for the inspirational words there jakob.

But seriously, they're not that bad. It's kind of a nice change for me from listening to so much metal lately."
You should try Van Morrison's Tupelo Honey or Moondance.  Those are great albums to check out when you need a break from metal...at least, they are for me.  Crash by Dave Matthews Band is a good one, too.  There's also the Darwinia soundtrack, which is fucking awesome.  Last but not least...some Mussorgsky.
"
Well, I am going to say that both Van Morrison AND Radiohead are awesome, so...there.  Uh, Astral Weeks is a great album, wait, not great, FREAKING AMAZING album. So is Moondance...and Tupelo Honey....and Blowin Your Mind!. All great. 
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My personal favorite Radiohead album is OK Computer, but that's the trite choice, I guess.

Kid A really takes some getting used to, but I find it to be the most rewarding album of the Radiohead library. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jakob187
RHCPfan24 said:
"both Van Morrison AND Radiohead are awesome"
This is an improper sentence.  Please use correct grammar next time you type, RHCP.

You CANNOT use those two names in the same sentence in a positive manner for both.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jakob187 said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"both Van Morrison AND Radiohead are awesome"
This is an improper sentence.  Please use correct grammar next time you type, RHCP.

You CANNOT use those two names in the same sentence in a positive manner for both.
"
Yes I can.  Watch.

The members of Van Morrison and Radiohead both have nice fingers. 
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jakob187
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Yes I can.  Watch.

The members of Van Morrison and Radiohead both have nice fingers. "
Incorrect statement!!!
"Van Morrison has amazing fingers, while Radiohead's fingers are made of 'Hills Have Eyes' dicks".

That is a proper statement.  Continue on.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Radiohead alot. They're not my favorite band by a long shot, but they're proper artists who push themselves and still make tunes I like.
As far as mainstream big acts go, they're probably the ones who take the most bold choices with their music, for better or the worse is in the eye of teh beholder (Ear of the listener?).

I still have fond memories of The Bends back in the day. OK Computer is a seminal album which I think everybody should listen through at least 3 times in it's entirety before they give their opionion, but personally I was really impressed with how they took influences from bands like Autechre and Aphex Twin and made them a little more accessible while making their own mark on them with Kid A and Amnesiac. I never understood the reactions when that album came out.
I always thought Hail To The Thief was kind of a step back and I really haven't invested enought time into In Rainbows to give my opinion (Even though I did give them 10,45 for it on their site).

I would recommend listening to their albums as a whole and preferrably in the order they were released. You'll really notice they're progression as artists

Avatar image for gobiasindustries
GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GobiasIndustries

Up until I listened to Radiohead I was really into hard rock and stuff... and then they absolutely made me fall in love with them, and I think they're the mufucking best.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jakob187

Man, maybe I just don't get it.  =  /  Oh well.  I offer this:

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Wasting you time listening to singles.  Should be sliding in the whole albums, and letting them play. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jakob187 said:
"Man, maybe I just don't get it.  =  / 
Mostly, you just don't understand what constitutes a nice finger.  Haha.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jakob187
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"jakob187 said:
"Man, maybe I just don't get it.  =  / 
Mostly, you just don't understand what constitutes a nice finger.  Haha."
Watch the Jeff Waters video I posted on the last page, and you'll understand that I have GREAT taste in fingers.  = D
destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By destro

Yeah Radiohead is an alright band with some good songs. Although IMO you really have to be in the right mood to listen to them because some of their stuff is just really out there.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RHCPfan24
jakob187 said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"Van Morrison AND Radiohead are both awesome"

"
Is dat better? Still, both are great and....well, if Radiohead isn't your cup of tea than I won't argue that, but there are many people who agree with my thoughts. Both artists have been recieved well by both fans and critics alike, how's that? That is a good, even ground I suppose.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jakob187
RHCPfan24 said:
"Is dat better? Still, both are great and....well, if Radiohead isn't your cup of tea than I won't argue that, but there are many people who agree with my thoughts. Both artists have been recieved well by both fans and critics alike, how's that? That is a good, even ground I suppose."
1.  Van Morrison is a singer/songwriter, not a band.
2.  Radiohead is balls.  This is a fact.

I rest my case.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bulldog19892

The reason I hate metal-heads, Exhibit A: jakob187. We get it, you don't like Radiohead. We don't need the disgusting visuals and verbal assault of everyone who says that they like Radiohead.

Back on topic, you can't just listen to Radiohead songs. You have to listen to their albums. Front to back. The albums are crafted to be experienced as a cohesive whole.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By Milkman

Dude...Radiohead is NOTHING like Brand New or Circa Survive. Not liking them has nothing to do with you liking Radiohead.

mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mandeponium

Reckoner and Nude are amazing Radiohead songs. There's nothing wrong with liking them.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
Milkman said:
"Dude...Radiohead is NOTHING like Brand New or Circa Survive. Not liking them has nothing to do with you liking Radiohead."
mmm I beg to differ. Brand New especially *shudders*
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HandsomeDead
Jolly_Lolly said:
"Milkman said:
"Dude...Radiohead is NOTHING like Brand New or Circa Survive. Not liking them has nothing to do with you liking Radiohead."
mmm I beg to differ. Brand New especially *shudders*"
Have you listened to God and The Devil Are Raging Inside Me? That album is fantastic. A tough listen, but worth it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bulldog19892 said:
"The reason I hate metal-heads, Exhibit A: jakob187. We get it, you don't like Radiohead. We don't need the disgusting visuals and verbal assault of everyone who says that they like Radiohead.

Back on topic, you can't just listen to Radiohead songs. You have to listen to their albums. Front to back. The albums are crafted to be experienced as a cohesive whole."
Bulldog, there comes a point when you just have to let things slide.  Jakob's having fun doing what he's doing and I can't really imagine anyone getting that insulted about a disagreement. 

But I agree, Jolly, with Bulldog on the album thing.  If you like Radiohead and want to experience the full effect of their albums, you, well, have to listen to their albums.  Whole albums from beginning to end.  There's an arc they follow.  Like I said earlier.  Kid A is probably the most tedious, most avant-garde thing they've done, but if you're willing to be patient with it, it's really rewarding.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HandsomeDead said:
"Jolly_Lolly said:
"Milkman said:
Have you listened to God and The Devil Are Raging Inside Me? That album is fantastic. A tough listen, but worth it."
Seriously, that album is fantastic. I like Deja Entendu, cause you can see the transition from Your Favorite Weapon beginning.
The Devil And God Are Raging inside Of Me was my favorite album of 2007
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Arkthemaniac

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HandsomeDead
TeflonBilly said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Jolly_Lolly said:
"Milkman said:
Have you listened to God and The Devil Are Raging Inside Me? That album is fantastic. A tough listen, but worth it."
Seriously, that album is fantastic. I like Deja Entendu, cause you can see the transition from Your Favorite Weapon beginning.
The Devil And God Are Raging inside Of Me was my favorite album of 2007"
The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Of Me, to use its real title (Seriously, I always get it wrong), is the only Brand New i've heard. I only got into them after hearing The Archers Bows Have Broken on the Burnout: Paradise soundtrack. I have to say, that song really doesn't reflect the rest of the album at all. That song is really catchy and most of the rest are super depressing. Which is a good thing.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Systech
Coltonio7 said:
"Radiohead is okay. Not great. Not shit eating. They are C+ Okay."
I think I feel about the same way.
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
TeflonBilly said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Jolly_Lolly said:
"Milkman said:
The Devil And God Are Raging inside Of Me was my favorite album of 2007"
Cool? It's just all preference and opinion, don't know who you're trying to convince here. Neither of those bands are bad, they're just kind of out there for some people (including me) and are sometimes a pain to accustom to (Circa Survive more so).

But if I can accept Radiohead, perhaps I'll try to do so with the other bands as well, who knows. Time is the only issue :p
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RHCPfan24
jakob187 said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"Is dat better? Still, both are great and....well, if Radiohead isn't your cup of tea than I won't argue that, but there are many people who agree with my thoughts. Both artists have been recieved well by both fans and critics alike, how's that? That is a good, even ground I suppose."

I rest my case.
"
I still don't agree with #2, but #3 is hard to argue. That does suck.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Arkthemaniac
RHCPfan24 said:
"jakob187 said:
"RHCPfan24 said:

I rest my case.
"
I still don't agree with #2, but #3 is hard to argue. That does suck."
Rolling Stone said that Joshua Tree was a better album than Dark Side Of The Moon.
THEY HAVE NO CREDIBILITY.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HandsomeDead said:
"The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Of Me, to use its real title (Seriously, I always get it wrong), is the only Brand New i've heard. I only got into them after hearing The Archers Bows Have Broken on the Burnout: Paradise soundtrack. I have to say, that song really doesn't reflect the rest of the album at all. That song is really catchy and most of the rest are super depressing. Which is a good thing."
You should really give Deja Entendu a listen It's not as good, but I really like that album still. Skip Your Favorite Weapon.