Things that bother you about Giant Bomb?

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#201  Edited By Ben_H

@notdavid said:

@Jumanji: Plenty of dicks are over 18. Like me.

Agreed (On the first part. I can't comment on the second part). There's polite 14 year-olds and asshole 25 year-olds, it's all about the person, not the age.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#202  Edited By topsteer

I don't think Alex being in New York is working out well at all. I like Alex so it would be great to actually see him on the site. I don't care about reviews and rarely read past his headlines so it's like he doesn't exist.

My solution: fire Alex and hire Rorie

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#203  Edited By veektarius

Too little content's the main one.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@James_Giant_Peach said:

Lack of content.

Elitist community that seem to think they're better than everyone else because they visit a more 'intellectual' website.

The countless 'memes' and 'in-jokes'.

Staff who once said they'd never go down the ads and subscription route, only to do a total U-turn on everything they apparently believed in.

Staff that, for the most part, are terrible at playing games.

Staff with such out-of-whack egos they think people care more about watching them drink and do dumb stuff than actually cover video games.

Staff who ignore and belittle games they've never even tried.

Staff who are unfair to plenty of titles and hardware, and overly complimentary to their favorites.

People in the community who will defend the GB staff to the hilt and suck up to them to no end.

The word 'duder'.

Forum users who refer to people who don't visit GB as 'outsiders'.

Forum users who insist on criticising perfectly fine sites like IGN, Kotaku, Gamespot, etc, just because it's not their cup of tea and they'd bend over backwards to take the flag of GiantBomb right up their anus.

Countless PC elitists ruining the name of the PC community.

Countless forum posters who think they're incredibly important because they've got 50,000 posts.

And plenty more.

But mainly lack of content.

Yes, the food here is terrible, and such small portions.

If I had all these problems with a website I probably wouldn't go there, let alone post on the forums, attitudes like this are weird. You're weird.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#205  Edited By sammo21

I hate how they will sometimes make definitive comments about something that is utter shit, lol. Patrick does it more than the other guys. Doesn't bother me all the time, but it does bother me more often than not.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#206  Edited By Dany

People who care too much about stuff that doesn't matter. Constant antagonism.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#207  Edited By Andorski

This community trends towards, "Hey, what can we bitch about this week?" It's probably indicative of the gaming public in general, but there are forums on other sites that have structured, organized discussion about games.

Also little content has been coming out of the pipeline recently, but I attribute that to the move to the CBS office.

StalkingTurnip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By StalkingTurnip

Every time there is an endurance run how people complain and bitch in the forums. Also some of you act like Patrick raped your puppy or something.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#209  Edited By Gabriel

@EuanDewar said:

The rampant racism

What now?

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#210  Edited By Clonedzero

@StalkingTurnip: well the chrono trigger ER did suck. wasn't cus of patrick though, it was the game choice. i didnt really complain about it either, i just stopped watching after like the third one.

Jumanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Jumanji
@Ben_H said:

@notdavid said:

@Jumanji: Plenty of dicks are over 18. Like me.

Agreed (On the first part. I can't comment on the second part). There's polite 14 year-olds and asshole 25 year-olds, it's all about the person, not the age.

I'm not worried about people being rude, I'm worried about people being boring.
FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#212  Edited By FesteringNeon

I think the TNT could benefit from more than one person playing a game. Pass the controller around, everyone else has to be bored as shit. Obviously I don't have a premium membership anymore due to financial reasons.. but when I was a PM, the lack of "fun" just boggled me.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• A lot of the community here seems to just not get "it"
  • Lack of Vinny/Dave/Drew
  • The way they just write off games for no reason (Mainly Ryan)
  • A lot of the Quick Looks are way too long, just cut them in half and cover twice the amount of games (That's how that works, right?)
  • Lack of dope ass T-shirts besides the duder one
  • The site (mainly forums and wiki) are getting pretty gross to look at. Site redesign will hopefully spruce things up.
  • I like Alex, but does every story you post have to have a snarky title?

Man, bitching puts me in a bad mood.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#214  Edited By gla55jAw

This thread.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By napalm

I wish there was more content. That's kind of my only formal complaint. Yeah, there are some little things I don't enjoy, but they are just that - little. But altogether, more content.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sungahymn said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Threads like these.

Me too.

*high five*

I don't think there's a problem with constructive criticism at all and that seems to be what you were going for. I have a few issues with the guys myself, ie. Patrick seems to talk over the other guys a bit much, sometimes they dismiss games too quickly and don't get me started on Jeffs pro Star Trek anti Star Wars agenda (he must be stopped! for the good of the people!) but that's what you get from a personality driven site, you get more personality, less clinical coverage an I'm fine with that. And threads like these contain about 10% constructive criticism and 90% bitching about stupid crap with a liberal amount of Patrick hate scattered about. Ugh.

I think I've gotten my fill of Internet Negativity lately as well...that's a big part of it. Why can't we be friends?

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#218  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

@mfpantst said:

@BabyChooChoo said:

@Foxtrot0245: Because the 'disliking' of a crew member often turns into bitching about said crew member. We get it, you don't like Patrick (or Brad or whoever). Why do you or any other member need to constantly remind the rest of us? If you don't like something, why do you continue to talk about it? I hate McDonald's, but I don't burst into rage every time I drive by one. I think if you, or anyone else, had anyting constructive to say then I don't think it would be as a big of an issue, but all of these posts and threads might as well boil down into "here's why Patrick sucks" and that isn't helping anything.

But Patrick isn't the only issue, look at the fucking 'Jeff's opinion on GW2' thread. One of the many examples of people turning nothing into a bitchfest. 100+ posts based on a fucking 3 minute discussion that, ultimately, means nothing. He gave his opinion on an hour of gameplay and 99% of the posts in that thread are full of 'here's why Jeff is wrong.' It's not a review. It's not a preview. it's an early impression, at best, if you want to call it that. He didn't tell anyone not to buy it. He didn't say it was a bad game. He just gave his opinion based on what he played and people are looking for any reason to discredit what he said simply because they disagree about a game they've never played, but TotalBiscuit fucking loves it so Jeff has to be wrong.

Oh and let's not forget about Brad. I need not say anymore.

This. No problem expressing your dislikes here and there. Total problem with the non-stop fucking complaining people get on to. Put yourself in Brad, Patrick or Alex's (remember how people didn't like him at first?) shoes. How would you like it if someone almost daily creates a thread in which people posted your name, or a bastardization of it (Kleptok thread stands out right now) and how bad, terrible or otherwise shitty you are? I'll do this exercise. What if I logged on to giant bomb and every day saw a thread that said "mfpantst, you suck at playing games" or "less news stories from mfpantst please" or a general complaint thread, such as this one is full of comments "I wish they wouldn't let mfpantst talk on the podcast," or "his laugh is so annoying and he doesn't talk about anything interesting" or "mtpantst fucking sucks at playing video games, I mean why the fuck would he write about them if he can't even play them right." Seriously. That makes me feel pretty shitty. And I'm a normal person, fairly well grounded, and I've a fairly tough skin (I didn't cry at the beginning of UP either jackasses), but that might make me be pretty upset, and not just like angry upset, but feeling shite about myself upset. Yet you guys think of nothing to do this to people with even more of a face identified to their name than I all because of what? Because you use this site, because you pay money, because your more or less anonymous? It's one thing to note some things you don't like here and there. Like the time Ryan yelled at an intern on a live stream and it didn't totally look like a bit. That didn't seem great, but then he seems like a loyal guy who can just be abrasive. There's nothing wrong with that. What I'm saying is give these guys a break every now and then.

I agree with you for the most part, but you were offended by the Up thread? I'm pretty sure that was just a bit of fun.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By tim_the_corsair

People that constantly slag off staff members.

Don't get me wrong, you are more than welcome to dislike anyone you choose, but what are you accomplishing? Do you think posting "hurrrrr Patrick sucks" in every thread will make the staff see it and go "well shit, we better fire Patrick then."

It's just pointless, and that shit is probably why some of you feel the staff are "distant" from the community. How would you react if one of your friends or coworkers was being consistently slammed (heh) on the Internet (heh heh) in a way that is not even remotely constructive.

You have the right to your opinion, and even to express it. I think more people to ask themselves whether they need to express it though.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Patrick has grown on me a little bit. The whole "Not gonna spoil games but end up doing so anyway" thing does bug the ever living crap outta me. Still though, I liked the four man podcast than the five man set-up they have now. It just feels too congested and crowded. My ears can only handle so many voices before it all just becomes untranslatable noise.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By mordukai

@James_Giant_Peach: Umm...Don't take it the wrong way but what are you doing here exactly? Doesn't seem you enjoy this web all too much. Unless you are one of those people who like hanging around web sites that they obviously don't like just to say they don't like it, in which case then it's totally cool.

@DrHawking said:

The constant Patrick hate on the forums. His articles are great and he meshes well with all the other guys.

Not much hate but more like "shut your mouth and stop spoiling games you twat". When you say "I don't want to spoil it" right before you go one spoiling it just makes me hit the skip button every time he talks. Someone should really point this out to him.

pplus0440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By pplus0440
@James_Giant_Peach
lol nailed it.  

I really hate how they hate all hte games they play. They are constantly mean and tearing apart EVERYTHING they play. Not to mention they don't review half the games that come out.  

They completely skipped Mario Party, FFXIII-2, and Kid Icarus this year and those are big games. The heck?? 

I also hate the annoying sense of humor they have. They have this retarded sense of humor and they think it is so witty and smart.
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#223  Edited By grilledcheez

I disliked the choice of game and the playing of the last endurance run!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By NTM

@sungahymn: He also spoiled the Ishimura in the second Dead Space even before he went on to say he didn't want to spoil anything.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Barrock

@pplus0440 said:

@James_Giant_Peach: lol nailed it. I really hate how they hate all hte games they play. They are constantly mean and tearing apart EVERYTHING they play. Not to mention they don't review half the games that come out. They completely skipped Mario Party, FFXIII-2, and Kid Icarus this year and those are big games. The heck?? I also hate the annoying sense of humor they have. They have this retarded sense of humor and they think it is so witty and smart.

Why are you here?

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Barrock

@Abyssfull said:

@Barrock said:

I just wish they would post on their own forums more. :(

It's why I've always respected Rorie. Acting as the face of the site, doing all of the video stuff, and yet was still able to populate the screened forums a surprising amount too.

Rorie was awesome about that. You actually felt like you could bring up discussions and he would offer his opinion.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By habster3

@Shirogane said:

The fact that you left out Vinny....and that he's gone T_T

@DrHawking said:

The constant Patrick hate on the forums. His articles are great and he meshes well with all the other guys.

Both of these pretty much sum up what bothers me about this site. Oh, and sometimes the community can get really dickish (not generally, though; in fact, it's a lot better on here right now than it was like a year or two ago).

That being said, I love Giant Bomb and it's definitely one of the best websites out there (hands-down the best video game site).

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#228  Edited By FightMeNerd

@James_Giant_Peach: Well recently lack of content is because they just moved offices and they have been out of their usual equipment. In fact Vinny has said on multiple occasions that all the equipment went with the other sites or was left behind. Other than that the whole thing about people liking to watch them drink and have fun it's because that is what this site is about. I can get video game news anywhere, in fact kotaku is where i get most of my information even if they vomit out every story by the second. I go to this site because unlike other sites I know these people because of all the fun dumb stuff they do in videos. If you know the people then you know where their opinions come from and as a result if you disagree with a review then you know where they came from when they got that opinion and don't have to get angry about it.

Also if you have noticed a lot of the really personal videos are for subscribers, which means people who WANT that content. Because within their crazy rambling sometimes they usually explain somethings I have never heard other people in the public eye talk about. I can respect and trust people that can be so open yet still hold professionalism when it counts.

Still the content that people want is videos, which take a lot more work to create publish, especially for a small team. I think they do an amazing job. I can't think of a single other website that does as much personalized video content besides youtube and most of that is shit. You have to shovel through so much crap just to find something of quality and that is actually entertaining where every time i visit giant bomb I find almost any quicklook entertaining.

Final point, the food really is terrible and the portions of far too small.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Strife777

Some people here are saying things that make me wonder why they're still here? You do know there are other video game websites right? If you're not happy with the staff and/or the content, just go somewhere else because really, the staff and the content is what this site is all about.

I truly have nothing significant to say against this website. I'm not sucking up to them, I just don't see anything worth being really angry about. Is there constructive criticism to be given? Sure, everything can always be improved in one way or another, but for what it is, this website is doing very well.

All this hate for Patrick is bothering me. The only thing I can find that I really dislike about him is how dismissive he is about MGS4 and how he seems to refuse that anybody can enjoy it in a non-ironic way. But even that doesn't stop me from liking the guy. I could probably find problems with other members of the staff.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By kishinfoulux

@RoboRobb said:

That fat GameSpot logo is pretty bothersome at the moment.

But on a serious note, although I don't like to publicly hate on Patrick, but I find his demeanour irritating. Also, where's all the Rich Gallup on this site?!

What actually gets me is that Gamespot doesn't have a Giantbomb link at all, unless I'm missing it. Seems unfair.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By kishinfoulux

@James_Giant_Peach said:

Lack of content.

Elitist community that seem to think they're better than everyone else because they visit a more 'intellectual' website.

Staff who once said they'd never go down the ads and subscription route, only to do a total U-turn on everything they apparently believed in.

Staff with such out-of-whack egos they think people care more about watching them drink and do dumb stuff than actually cover video games.

Staff who are unfair to plenty of titles and hardware, and overly complimentary to their favorites.

People in the community who will defend the GB staff to the hilt and suck up to them to no end.

The word 'duder'.

Forum users who insist on criticising perfectly fine sites like IGN, Kotaku, Gamespot, etc, just because it's not their cup of tea and they'd bend over backwards to take the flag of GiantBomb right up their anus.

Countless forum posters who think they're incredibly important because they've got 50,000 posts.

And plenty more.

That's the part that convinced me this is a troll post.

polydeukes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By polydeukes

I wish there was a bit more PS3 related content on GB, but the crew have explained their reasons very well on multiple occasions.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#233  Edited By mazik765

@James_Giant_Peach said:

Lack of content.

The word 'duder'.

And plenty more.

So....why do you come here, duder?

Also this

<>

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By pyrodactyl

@Strife777 said:

Some people here are saying things that make me wonder why they're still here? You do know there are other video game websites right? If you're not happy with the staff and/or the content, just go somewhere else because really, the staff and the content is what this site is all about.

I truly have nothing significant to say against this website. I'm not sucking up to them, I just don't see anything worth being really angry about. Is there constructive criticism to be given? Sure, everything can always be improved in one way or another, but for what it is, this website is doing very well.

All this hate for Patrick is bothering me. The only thing I can find that I really dislike about him is how dismissive he is about MGS4 and how he seems to refuse that anybody can enjoy it in a non-ironic way. But even that doesn't stop me from liking the guy. I could probably find problems with other members of the staff.

when did he say he hates MGS4?!?

@kishinfoulux: what part? the one where there's 10 billion responses to this post (indicative of a successful trolling atempt) or the one where you can smell the irony 10 miles away?

solidejake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By solidejake

I tried changing people's death date who are obviously still alive, and the site says, "Must have a date of death".

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#236  Edited By eroticfishcake

As much as I love the site they're are a lot of things that I'm not exactly fond of though I won't list them out since they're so minor. While it's not exactly a complaint, I wished the staff interacted with the members a bit more. Actually, most of the community content seemed to be pushed aside (on the other hand some people just don't care for community content). I also wished they looked up games before doing QLs just for the sake of informing it's viewers. Also more PC coverage would be nice.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#237  Edited By Vinny_Says

It just seems like most of the staff has given up on video games at this point. I can't recall the exact quick look but I remember Ryan wanted to stop but Vinny was literally begging him to show more than just the few minutes.

I could sort of see how only a few of the staff are still enthusiastic about games even if they are terrible.

I still visit the site every day though.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By kishinfoulux

@RWBladewing said:

@SlasherMan said:

@Tylea002 said:

@SlasherMan: What and how many games has Patrick been spoiling? Just curious, I skip over talks of games I'm playing for this very reason, didn't listen to his talk about darksiders, for example.

Pretty much every game he starts talking about, he doesn't hold back like the others do. Everyone else kind of tiptoes around the spoilery stuff, even when the game's a bit old, but it just seems he doesn't bother at all. Catherine stands out in particular for me since that was one game I actually wanted to play. IIRC, he talked about it in multiple podcasts... and there really was no holding back.

Yeah, this was the one thing that really bothered me. On the game of the year podcast, they were talking about Catherine and generally doing a good job of sidestepping spoilers, then just out of the blue: "I think Catherine can be removed from the list because of [extremely important spoiler plot point]". Just like that, with no chance to turn it off to avoid it.

That's not really on Patrick though. Pretty sure they explicitly say, from the get go, that you can expect spoiler stuff from the end year GOTY podcasts so discussing them can be easier.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Draxyle

People who don't understand the difference between giving constructive criticism and being an ass.

I love GB, I wouldn't want them to even feel pressured to give in to the whims of the community just because we complain. If we got what everyone wanted, GB would just be Vinny, and that's it.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#241  Edited By mfpantst

@SpunkyHePanda: That was more fun than not, but to me reflects an overriding negative view people take on one person in particular, which I bet nobody would voice if they met him in person.

RJay_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#242  Edited By RJay_64

I think the site is a bit slow. It just feels like it takes a while for each page to load, even if I'm on a high speed connection.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Strife777

@pyrodactyl said:

@Strife777 said:

when did he say he hates MGS4?!?

@kishinfoulux: what part? the one where there's 10 billion responses to this post (indicative of a successful trolling atempt) or the one where you can smell the irony 10 miles away?

He never said he ''hated it'' (neither did I). He just thinks it's too ridiculous to be taken seriously or something.

If you watch the MGS HD collection quick look, I don't remember where exactly though, the quick look is pretty long (just checked, it's around the 1 hour 6 minutes mark, when Jeff says he enjoyed MGS4). He also mentionned it on the podcast once or twice.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By bybeach

I've gone a different direction from some of you, I've taken to Pat. That has been a progressive thing.

From the comments i've gleaned I do agree, their creativity can come in spurts. I still havent't forgotten that one terrible year. I also have a high opinion of Brad, to me it's rather he is uneven. The asshole in me enjoys that. Breaking Brad!!! (He did pretty darn good in Doom 2-part one...damn.)

The fawning over the GB staffers..Eeewwwwww...Puke

For ppl. who feel this site will not listen to them, they are right. And GB probably be out of their gourds if GB did. I've learned through my own dissapointiments and heartache (over a f**king game site) that whether it's business or content, they must follow their own muse..just how it works. It was ALWAYS how it worked.

My main dissapointment..bye Whiskey Media, i luved ya....

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#245  Edited By kindgineer

@James_Giant_Peach said:

Lack of content.

The word 'duder'.

And plenty more.

Why the hell are you here?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#246  Edited By Sooperspy

@Winternet said:

@Canteu said:

That the majority of the editorial staff are abysmal at video games and lack basic video game skills and awareness that even a casual player would have.

People complaining about how the staff plays them video games is one of the few things that bothers me on Giant Bomb.

This.

And how much hate there's been over the years for the various additions to the GB crew besides the main 4. People hated on Kessler, Brad Nicholson, and now Patrick. Seems to be for no reason, too.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#247  Edited By Claude

It bothers me when I get drunk and post stupid shit on the forums and get a warning from the mods. I wake up the next day thinking, "The fuck is wrong with me.".

eugenesaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By eugenesaxe

People that talk about site staff like they hang out with them after work.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By kidman

@Marokai said:

I suppose my biggest problem with Giant Bomb at this stage in it's life is the increasing sense that they are further and further out of reach from us. That they are increasingly contemptuous of their own community, not for any specific reason at this point, but reflexively. That they seem increasingly out of touch from the general mood of the public here, and that they care less and less about it in general. This has been more and more noticeable since the introduction of the subscription model way back in the heady days of 2010, but really has reached new highs with the CBSi acquisition of GB and the Mass Effect controversy, among other events of March. Not only do they post on their own forums less, and seem less conciliatory toward their users in general, they seem to now live their lives as if most of the community here doesn't really exist, as best they can.

It feels very counter to how Giant Bomb has been for the years up to this point. This site never was the sort of video game website that was "just a job." The community was a more central part, made to feel like part of the room. The staff weren't just "editors" or "critics" or "journalists" to us, in such labels; they were Brad, Ryan, Vinny, Jeff, and later on, Patrick.

It's been something that's become more and more noticeable the larger and more popular this site has become, but it's been a really depressing trend to watch regardless of the reasons. I think many of the complaints that some in the community often make are petty, and I really don't have a problem with Patrick (or Alex) most of the time. And even though the frequency of content has taken a bit of hit lately, it's been pretty good overall for the last 6 months. But the community should really be listened to more, and not just listened to in the more obvious definition of the word, but made to feel like we are being listened to. A more secondary concern has been my frustration with Patrick and Jeff, specifically, over their attitude toward the ME3 ending controversy. Either "games journalism" is supposed to matter, or it isn't. You can't have it both ways here, spewing out populist, nice-sounding sentences about how much you want to take a more "serious" approach to covering this industry and looking out for the consumers, and then every time you have a chance to prove it, to side with either the consumer or the ever tempting allure of just siding with whatever popular perception is held by the gaming elite, then siding against the consumer and whatever fanbase is the current target. I say this is secondary because I really do believe this is a symptom of the above problem; just a general side effect of being so out of touch of what the actual mood of the public is, and refusing to make a genuine effort to actually understand. Solve the first problem, and I think you solve a lot of others.

I politely disagree. Although I do see where you (probably) coming from I don't see why they should be trying to get 'close to us'. They have started GB before it had their main fanbase and that's when their main shape has been 'designed' (for a lack of a better word in my puny vocabulary). It was them doing something first and then people liking it, not the other way around. I get that they're supposed to listen to the fans to some extend but very often said fans have weird/shitty ideas and that's where I put it to GB's staff to digest it and still keep it the way THEY want it to be. I, for example, think the whole Mass Effect thing was hella stupid, and I did like the opinion of GB, since they did acknowledge the whole thing but also had their strong(ish) opinion on it.