• 151 results
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#101  Edited By flaminghobo

I have lost my faith in a huge part of humanity.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By OmegaPirate

Not bad for a tween rip off of romeo and juliet :\

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By nexas
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" Dark Knight was nothing special.  The only thing I thought was great about it was Heath Ledger as the Joker.  Otherwise it was a run of the mill Marvel comic book movie.    Oh and I don't really care about Twilight.  The only reason why I know it exists is because of everyone bitching about it.  "
You know Batman is DC right?
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@Nexas said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" Dark Knight was nothing special.  The only thing I thought was great about it was Heath Ledger as the Joker.  Otherwise it was a run of the mill Marvel comic book movie.    Oh and I don't really care about Twilight.  The only reason why I know it exists is because of everyone bitching about it.  "
You know Batman is DC right? "
Whatever.  It was a comic book super hero movie. 
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By CL60
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
fail.
norsedudetr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By norsedudetr

Went to this steaming pile of shit with my GF. Only part of it I enjoyed was laughing my ass off at the "sparkles". Man, what a trainwreck. No good lines, no good special effects, no good actors, no good story. Well, I had some popcorn, that was nice.  

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#107  Edited By Red

I just find it so fascinating because movies like The Dark Knight or Spiderman may be more male-oriented, but they at least kinda target the female audience, and they were pretty good movies. Twilight, on the other hand, is a terrible movie, that only targets teenage girls and the boyfriends they force to go see it.

warpedzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By warpedzappa

Transformers 2 and 2012 hammered the box office as well but we all know how good those movies are...

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By Ghostiet

After we went with some guys to the premiere in Poland with body-fitting t-shirts with "I *picture of cock* Edward Cullen" written on them to piss off teenage girls and then we had to change because 99% of the viewers where ladies ranging from 35 to 40, I'll never call it a teenage fucking flick. And the movie was still bad with awful special effects (God, it's 2009). If the two main actors did not perform a decent job, I'd shot myself before that crap even ended.

Also, the last part of the Twilight saga was such a pain in the ass to read and such a ridiculous waste of my time, I'm going to list reading it as the biggest failure of my life. 

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110  Edited By dbz1995
@jakob187 said:
" Wait wait wait... New Moon played on FEWER screens and made MORE money than BATMAN?!  I'm not gonna lie - whether the movie sucks shit or not, that's goddamn impressive. "
I don't really understand the logic. It apparently isn't even a decent movie-and it isn't because the Twilight duder is seriously good-looking either, because then Pirates of the Caribbean-which, on average, has a claimed 'more fit' character (Johnny Depp) than Vampire Twilight Dude-would have more sights.
calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#111  Edited By calidan777

lol, you guys are fuckin idiots. This is a story by  a chic, for chics. I love how people like to say that "just because it has the highest day one ticket sales ever, doesn't mean it's good",  lol. So just because a bunch of guys in the video game world don't like it obviously means that the MILLIONS of people who do are wrong? Remember, folks in the video game world NEVER like movies that EVERYONE ELSE likes, like for instance Transformers 2 (which made like a billion dollars worldwide) and 2012 (which is also selling like crazy). Why don't you go tell the next girl/woman you try to hook up with how much you hate the Twilight movies, lol , I'm sure that will get you real far.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By iam3green

that is crazy to read that. i wish people would stop watching new moon. it's just a chick flick with vampires.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113  Edited By Karmum

As of right now, BoxOfficeMojo.com is reporting an estimate weekend gross of slightly over $140 million. Man, that's crazy. Imagine what the next movie might gross.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#114  Edited By dietmango
@calidan777 said:
" lol, you guys are fuckin idiots. This is a story by  a chic, for chics. I love how people like to say that "just because it has the highest day one ticket sales ever, doesn't mean it's good",  lol. So just because a bunch of guys in the video game world don't like it obviously means that the MILLIONS of people who do are wrong? Remember, folks in the video game world NEVER like movies that EVERYONE ELSE likes, like for instance Transformers 2 (which made like a billion dollars worldwide) and 2012 (which is also selling like crazy). Why don't you go tell the next girl/woman you try to hook up with how much you hate the Twilight movies, lol , I'm sure that will get you real far. "
Oh, so what you're saying is that the millions of people who like it obviously means a bunch of guys in the video game world are wrong? Oh so we're different, is that what you're saying? I love how you're bitching about how "people in the video game world" don't like the movie. What, so a movie is selling like crazy and we're supposed to like it? Talk about bullshit. And yeah, I do support that opinion, "just because a movie has the highest day one ticket sales ever, doesn't mean it's good." Well, it's because the movie isn't. The plot is boring, corny dramatic scenes, and the special effects aren't so hot. And you know what? Most of the movies that are coming out these days are crap anyway. Ironically, they sell high, because everyone watches it, and not those guys from the video game world. You sound like you don't like it in the video game world; then what the hell are you doing here?
apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#115  Edited By apathylad
@Karmum said:
" As of right now, BoxOfficeMojo.com is reporting an estimate weekend gross of slightly over $140 million. Man, that's crazy. Imagine what the next movie might gross. "
Yeah, IMDB.com wrote an article on that very topic, saying that it was the third biggest three-day debut, behind Spider-Man 3 and The Dark Knight. What's also impressive, whether you like the movie or not, is that New Moon was released in the Fall, when the biggest movies tend to be released in the summer.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Karmum
@Apathylad said:
" @Karmum said:
" As of right now, BoxOfficeMojo.com is reporting an estimate weekend gross of slightly over $140 million. Man, that's crazy. Imagine what the next movie might gross. "
Yeah, IMDB.com wrote an article on that very topic, saying that it was the third biggest three-day debut, behind Spider-Man 3 and The Dark Knight. What's also impressive, whether you like the movie or not, is that New Moon was released in the Fall, when the biggest movies tend to be released in the summer. "
The next film is supposed to come out in Late June of next year. I'm expecting an even bigger gross. It's pretty crazy to think that Summit Entertainment's (distribution studio) two big movies are Twilight, and both have been released in the past year. Make that three in about a year and a half.
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#117  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

The twilight is the most overrated movie series i have seen lately.

Jerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Jerr
@Kohe321 said:
" Popularity=!quality.   But nice for them, I guess. "
Boolean ftw
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#119  Edited By ajamafalous
@Giantsquirrel said:
" That's the saddest news I've heard in a very long time. "
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#120  Edited By Akeldama
@ryanwho said:
" @rolllikerickastley said:
" @ryanwho said:
" People who haven't seen the movie with strong opinions on the movie. "
common sense. ethics. "
It must suck because teen girls love it? Wow you're going places with common sense like that. "
Defending Twilight over the internet. You have shown me a new low.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ryanwho
@Akeldama said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @ryanwho said:
common sense. ethics. "
It must suck because teen girls love it? Wow you're going places with common sense like that. "
Defending Twilight over the internet. You have shown me a new low. "
I defend the right for chicks to watch chick flicks and for everyone else to understand chick flicks aren't made for them. This is like going into the Barbie doll isle and bitching that none of this shit is for you. No shit its not for you, Sherlock.
calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By calidan777
@ryanwho said:
" @Akeldama said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @ryanwho said:
common sense. ethics. "
I defend the right for chicks to watch chick flicks and for everyone else to understand chick flicks aren't made for them. This is like going into the Barbie doll isle and bitching that none of this shit is for you. No shit its not for you, Sherlock. "
lol, pwned
calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By calidan777
@asian_pride said:
" @calidan777 said:
" lol, you guys are fuckin idiots. This is a story by  a chic, for chics. I love how people like to say that "just because it has the highest day one ticket sales ever, doesn't mean it's good",  lol. So just because a bunch of guys in the video game world don't like it obviously means that the MILLIONS of people who do are wrong? Remember, folks in the video game world NEVER like movies that EVERYONE ELSE likes, like for instance Transformers 2 (which made like a billion dollars worldwide) and 2012 (which is also selling like crazy). Why don't you go tell the next girl/woman you try to hook up with how much you hate the Twilight movies, lol , I'm sure that will get you real far. "
Oh, so what you're saying is that the millions of people who like it obviously means a bunch of guys in the video game world are wrong? Oh so we're different, is that what you're saying? I love how you're bitching about how "people in the video game world" don't like the movie. What, so a movie is selling like crazy and we're supposed to like it? Talk about bullshit. And yeah, I do support that opinion, "just because a movie has the highest day one ticket sales ever, doesn't mean it's good." Well, it's because the movie isn't. The plot is boring, corny dramatic scenes, and the special effects aren't so hot. And you know what? Most of the movies that are coming out these days are crap anyway. Ironically, they sell high, because everyone watches it, and not those guys from the video game world. You sound like you don't like it in the video game world; then what the hell are you doing here? "
Well that is your opinion, but apparently judging by ticket sales, your opinion does not coincide with the majority.
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By maxszy
@GreggD said:
" Well, they can make all the money they want. So long as they don't win any Academy Awards for this shit. "
I don't think you have to worry about that. The academy would never vote for something like that. They maybe always don't choose the "best" movie in my belief, but they don't sink low.
calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By calidan777
@Maxszy said:
" @GreggD said:
" Well, they can make all the money they want. So long as they don't win any Academy Awards for this shit. "
I don't think you have to worry about that. The academy would never vote for something like that. They maybe always don't choose the "best" movie in my belief, but they don't sink low. "
The Academy Awards?Really? I've always used the Academy Awards as a means to gauge what not  to watch, lol, if it wins best picture then I don't watch it.
dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#126  Edited By dietmango
@calidan777 said:
" @asian_pride said:
" @calidan777 said:
Oh, so what you're saying is that the millions of people who like it obviously means a bunch of guys in the video game world are wrong? Oh so we're different, is that what you're saying? I love how you're bitching about how "people in the video game world" don't like the movie. What, so a movie is selling like crazy and we're supposed to like it? Talk about bullshit. And yeah, I do support that opinion, "just because a movie has the highest day one ticket sales ever, doesn't mean it's good." Well, it's because the movie isn't. The plot is boring, corny dramatic scenes, and the special effects aren't so hot. And you know what? Most of the movies that are coming out these days are crap anyway. Ironically, they sell high, because everyone watches it, and not those guys from the video game world. You sound like you don't like it in the video game world; then what the hell are you doing here? "
Well that is your opinion, but apparently judging by ticket sales, your opinion does not coincide with the majority. "
Does it have to be? A movie suddenly gets sold out tickets overnight and majority thinks it's good, I'm automatically wrong? Your viewpoint is pretty much one-sided that every movie that sells high on tickets suddenly is a great movie. It's not about the sales in general. But I guess that's my opinion, and in fact, I don't care if it doesn't coincide with the majority crowd. But don't come in here calling everyone here who doesn't like the movie "fuckin idiots" because I would have to say, you're a "fuckin idiot" for actually defending/liking the movie.
CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By CounterShock

that's stupid

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By maxszy
@calidan777 said:
" @Maxszy said:
" @GreggD said:
I don't think you have to worry about that. The academy would never vote for something like that. They maybe always don't choose the "best" movie in my belief, but they don't sink low. "
The Academy Awards?Really? I've always used the Academy Awards as a means to gauge what not  to watch, lol, if it wins best picture then I don't watch it. "
Yes, really. Can you really say that Gladiator, Chicago, LOTR: Return of the King, A Beautiful Mind, Million Dollar Baby, The Departed and Slumdog Millionaire, all Best Picture winners from 2000 onward are bad movies? I would seriously hope not. Then lets not even go back farther to Best Picture winner's like Schindler's List, Platoon, The Godfather, Braveheart, Unforgiven etc. 

While I would completely agree that the Academy likes specific movies for their awards and sometimes overlooks some that really should be there (Dark Knight for instance), I would argue very much so that the movies that they do pick, are still very good films.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#129  Edited By Black_Rose
@Willy105 said:
" What would you call them? "
Didn't you read my post?  

Retards.
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By NathHaw
@Maxszy: 

Don't forget No Country for Old Men.
PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By PJ

I guess alot of young girls want to watch a movie about sex whitout it actually being about sex.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#132  Edited By Willy105
@PJ said:
" I guess alot of young girls want to watch a movie about sex whitout it actually being about sex. "
Well, they are human, but are the fairer sex for a reason.@Maxszy said:
" @GreggD said:
They vote for the movie that is more out of the ordinary, the one that took the most guts to make. Never for the best movie. The best movies have rarely won Best Picture. This has no chance, because it was a very straightforward movie to make, it's based on an existing story, and it's very aimed to the casual movie going audience, having a lot of stuff to please the audience instead of making them feel bad.
calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By calidan777
@Maxszy said:
" @calidan777 said:
" @Maxszy said:
" @GreggD said:
The Academy Awards?Really? I've always used the Academy Awards as a means to gauge what not  to watch, lol, if it wins best picture then I don't watch it. "
Yes, really. Can you really say that Gladiator, Chicago, LOTR: Return of the King, A Beautiful Mind, Million Dollar Baby, The Departed and Slumdog Millionaire, all Best Picture winners from 2000 onward are bad movies? I would seriously hope not. Then lets not even go back farther to Best Picture winner's like Schindler's List, Platoon, The Godfather, Braveheart, Unforgiven etc.   While I would completely agree that the Academy likes specific movies for their awards and sometimes overlooks some that really should be there (Dark Knight for instance), I would argue very much so that the movies that they do pick, are still very good films. "
I stand corrected.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By DystopiaX

and yet MW2 still beats them in terms of revenue...lol

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Sabata
@Tallica9000 said:
" @Kohe321 said:
" Popularity=!quality.   But nice for them, I guess. "
Boolean ftw "
'Cept he fucked up.  It's !=
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Kohe321

I think people understood what I meant...

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#137  Edited By damswedon

over hyped film takes award from another over hyped film.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Evilsbane
@ryanwho:

"It must suck because teen girls love it?  "

Yes... I can say that is good logic if teen girls love it, 9 times out of 10 its going to suck, glittering vampires with "aids" that don't have sex WTF is that, vampires have always been associated with Sex I mean what else is a 1000 year old creature of the night supposed to do with eternal beauty?

I will never understand why women watch this crap THEY DESERVE GOOD MOVIES Not this tripe if the movie at least had decent acting and a somewhat creative story I would pass it off but IT BLOWS End Of Story. Fine that abunch of 13-14 year old girls want to laugh and giggle and the dude with his shirt off but don't try to argue that it is a good movie its not if people would just admit that I would be happy, for all these women just to say "Hey it is what it is we like it" GREAT but no all you hear is how fantastic it is.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#139  Edited By KaosAngel

Mother fucker!  How the hell does this shit sell more than Transformers 2....god damn Transformers 2!

Kefkaesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Kefkaesque

Who was your favourite of the 3 main characters:

Was is pasty, sparkly abs?

Ambiguously gay, Native American abs?

Or was it useless, ugly, pretentious bitch?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's really sad. I guess it just shows that in the entertainment business the way you sell something is obviously more important than what you are selling. 

Dark Knight Rotten Tomatoes score: 94% - Consensus:   Dark, complex and unforgettable, The Dark Knight succeeds not just as an entertaining comic book film, but as a richly thrilling crime saga.

New Moon Rotten Tomatoes score: 29% - Consensus:   The Twilight Saga's second installment may satisfy hardcore fans of the series, but outsiders are likely to be turned off by its slow pace, relentlessly downcast tone, and excessive length. 

I feel like crying for humanity sometimes.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By SoothsayerGB

If Twilight can break records in the box office, despite awful reviews.  You should be prepared to accept the fact that Palin will be the US president in 2012.  

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By teh_destroyer
@rolllikerickastley said:
" @ryanwho:  (on Titanic) I'm sure it being advertised from the director of Terminator didn't hurt the male demographic either now did it? "
James Cameron turned Titanic into a fantastic disaster movie with oscar winning performances, if it had "From the director of The Terminator and True Lies" thrown on the trailer, i think it would have also attracted as much men as it did women.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By iam3green

this is crazy. i watched twilight last night and i thought it was a boring movie. there was barely any action to it and just talking.  

Avatar image for rolllikerickastley
rolllikerickastley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryanwho said:
" @Akeldama said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @ryanwho said:
common sense. ethics. "
I defend the right for chicks to watch chick flicks and for everyone else to understand chick flicks aren't made for them. This is like going into the Barbie doll isle and bitching that none of this shit is for you. No shit its not for you, Sherlock. "
And yet aren't chick flicks chick flicks based on the content matter?
You're saying they're automatically chick flicks because of crappy directing, story telling/acting, etc. 
For the most part girls can just forgive all that stuff even if it's terrible as long as the content makes them feel all fuzzy inside.
It's why teen girls as well don't appreciate something like taxi driver or a clockwork, AGAIN based on content.
This movies' shit, because simply.. it's shit. We don't have to see it, we can smell it.
not because it's for 'chicks'
spacetrucking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#146  Edited By spacetrucking

So does this prove that there are more desperate female geeks out there than male ones ? Or are they just better at bribing their boyfriends to sit through a 2 hour nightmare with blowjobs thus leading to double the ticket sales ?

Mgsfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Mgsfreak

Sorry bit off-topic but im confused, movie studios complain about piracy claiming it's killing the the buissness yet last year Dark Knight broke the record for daily gross and now New Moon has topped that. So doesnt that mean studios are making more money these days? 

rolllikerickastley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teh_destroyer: I'm almost certain it did.

that's kind of why I said it.  Titanic attracted plenty of males, over time they decided it was uncool to like it.
And in 1 split second the females decided Leo was the hottest thing since led zeppelin.

lets not forget the main reason that movie did so well, 
james cameron certainly isn't a master director, let's just face it.
I will agree with you that he can get some good performances out his actors, altho he's no scorsese...
but he's quite the story teller.
rolllikerickastley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryanwho said:

" @ryanwho: nope,   try againyou know what most movies of this commercial caliber have on opening day? 9-10  all this means is it just reeeeeally must suck monkey nuts.  Even fans of the book hate it. "

Sure that's what it must mean. It can't be that a bunch of people like you resent the idea of this movie succeeding so you're voting it down without seeing it. 
Oh man its not even loyal to the book you never read? Blasphemous. Conjecture more. 
This chart made me laugh. 
Votes Percentage Rating
1,664 29.3%10
251 4.4%9
318 5.6%8
252 4.4%7
177 3.1%6
137 2.4%5
123 2.2%4
122 2.1%3
196 3.5%2
2,440 43.0% 1    
"
And just to set the record straight ryan, because you're comment did hurt me quite alot...

I've never once voted for anything.

it's a quite a point of pride for me.
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#150  Edited By JackiJinx

You know what's terrible? My dad went to see that movie this weekend by himself. I am so ashamed.