• 0 results
#1 Posted by TurboMan (7504 posts) -
#2 Posted by TurboMan (7504 posts) -

We had a large discussion at work today. 

Sure, Blueteeth sounds right, but Bluetooth is a trademarked name, and you can't just change it however you want. 

Bluetooths, although sounds dumb, is the correct way in my opinion.

#3 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Blåtänder.

#4 Posted by Three0neFive (2291 posts) -

There isn't one.

ie "How many fucking Bluetooth headsets do you own, asshole" as opposed to "I own a lot of Blueteeths/Bluetooths because I'm a hipster douchebag"

#5 Posted by Zidd (1841 posts) -

Bluetooth describes wireless technology you would pluralize what device it is instead of what the wireless tech is. e.g. these are bluetooth headsets.

#6 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

Bluetooths

#7 Edited by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

Would there ever be a plural form? In what situation would you need to use it. There's not a plural of wi-fi.

I would always just say 'bluetooth devices' or something along those lines.

#8 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4395 posts) -

There is no plural form of Bluetooth!!! At least to me there isn't

#9 Posted by TurboMan (7504 posts) -

I have 3 Bluetooths for my cell phone

#10 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

It's just 'Bluetooth".

#11 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

bluetoofs

#12 Posted by damnboyadvance (4060 posts) -

There is no need for a plural form of Bluetooth. If you need plural, use "Bluetooth headsets."

But if you want to get technical, Bluetooth is trademarked, so it would be "Bluetooths."

#13 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

There isn't any plural form of the word.  Bluetooth is a technological ability.  It would be like saying there is a plural form of "wireless".

#14 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

bluetooth is the plural of bluetooth i think >_>

#15 Posted by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

Definitely Bluetooths.

#16 Posted by NTM (7338 posts) -

Never heard of blueteeth. So bluetooth.
#17 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Blåtænder. 
We just call him Harald

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Reminds me of a debate I had in line at Wii launch: what's the plural of Wii? Wii, Wiis, Wae, Wie, WHAT THE HELL IS IT!?

#19 Posted by Berezov (504 posts) -

Blue-ti

#20 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" I have 3 Bluetooths for my cell phone "
In that case, I would say 3 headsets.
#21 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

redtooth

#22 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

I was thinking this too. Also what is the correct shorthand for Blu-Ray? is it BR or BD?

#23 Posted by Wallzii (173 posts) -

It is painful to think that English is the first language of many whom have responded thus far.

#24 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" There isn't any plural form of the word.  Bluetooth is a technological ability.  It would be like saying there is a plural form of "wireless". "
#25 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@ZodiacVII said:
" It is painful to think that English is the first language of many whom have responded thus far. "
Painful? does it hurt?  
I'm happy that English is like my 5th language then. I really don't wanna be the one making you cry
#26 Posted by Wallzii (173 posts) -

Definitely in no way does this make me exhibit any pain, no. Does it make me less curious as to why language has been bastardized because people cannot understand simple syntax and context; definitely.

#27 Posted by bonbolapti (1611 posts) -

Bluetooth devices

#28 Posted by JessicaBoo (404 posts) -

Bluetooth, there is no plural! There is 3 people with bluetooth, is a lof of bluetooth around.... No plural!
#29 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Bluetooth devices.

#30 Posted by Peacemaker (1104 posts) -

Bluetooths.  

That guy must be really import with his two bluetooths.  

#31 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Bluetooths, as stupid as it sounds.

#32 Posted by ajamafalous (11959 posts) -
@Steve_C said:
" There's not a plural of wi-fi. "
This was the example I thought of.
#33 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

I can't believe people actually voted for Blueteeth. 

#34 Posted by Six (612 posts) -

blootuthe

#35 Edited by bybeach (4790 posts) -

As a few others have said, I would keep bluetooth as the descriptive  word, and pluralize the the noun it is adjunct to. That is, the product, utility, whatever. Thus, bluetooth headsets, bluetooth adapters, bluetooth installlers etc. I'm not an english major or particularly good at writing,  just my impression say common sense on how to handle it. Mabe even some logic.
#36 Posted by bcjohnnie (442 posts) -
@ZodiacVII said:
" It is painful to think that English is the first language of many whom have responded thus far. "
Ummm, if you're going to get all huffy about how people are talking, maybe learn how to use "whom" correctly.

Just sayin'
#37 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Blueteeth, Don't make concessions in the English language or GTFO.

#38 Posted by TurboMan (7504 posts) -

I'm not here to be told that Bluetooth is a descriptive word, damnit. I'm here to find out the plural form for the word Bluetooth. 

And why would it be just Bluetooth for those that said that? Is it like Fish and Deer? "Look at all the Bluetooth on sale."? Hell no. 

Look at all the Bluetooths on sale 

-or- 

Look at all the Blueteeth on sale 

it's one or the other.

#39 Posted by Dalai (7017 posts) -

Mantooth?

#40 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

BluetoothZ

#41 Edited by FizzleNizzleBear (335 posts) -

Their is none you just say that there are many Bluetooth devices

#42 Posted by Xeiphyer (5602 posts) -

Between the two choices its definitely bluetooths since it is a name and not just a regular word, however you don't pluralize the word bluetooth. 

You can't have multiple bluetooths, since its a technology. You apply the pluralization to the objects themselves, such as having multiple bluetooth headsets.

#43 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

C. Bluetooth

#44 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1593 posts) -

there is no plural for the word bluetooth
#45 Posted by LiquidPrince (15911 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
" It's just 'Bluetooth". "
#46 Posted by Scrawnto (2440 posts) -
@Xeiphyer said:
" Between the two choices its definitely bluetooths since it is a name and not just a regular word, however you don't pluralize the word bluetooth.   You can't have multiple bluetooths, since its a technology. You apply the pluralization to the objects themselves, such as having multiple bluetooth headsets. "
#47 Edited by PenguinDust (12493 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:

" It's just 'Bluetooth". "

I think this is correct.  The term should be attached to a direct object and not become the object itself.  As Three0neFive illustrated, there is no proper reason to create a plural for the word.
#48 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10910 posts) -
@Three0neFive said:
" There isn't one.  ie "How many fucking Bluetooth headsets do you own, asshole" as opposed to "I own a lot of Blueteeths/Bluetooths because I'm a hipster douchebag" "
This.
#49 Posted by JSUMAN (127 posts) -
@Three0neFive said:
" There isn't one.  ie "How many fucking Bluetooth headsets do you own, asshole" as opposed to "I own a lot of Blueteeths/Bluetooths because I'm a hipster douchebag" "
This is correct.  Saying "bluetooths" is like saying "internets", but not as cute.
#50 Posted by Box3ru13 (703 posts) -
@Zidd said:
" Bluetooth describes wireless technology you would pluralize what device it is instead of what the wireless tech is. e.g. these are bluetooth headsets. "
Pretty much this and I'm drunk. So if mr. drunk guy over here can recognize that then you know he's on to something.