#1  Edited By ahriman22
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ahriman22

Just wondering, considering they're so common.

I myself suffer from the top two (Spiders and heights), which is funny when you consider I'm 6'4-6'5.

EDIT: One I forgot. I have a fear of swimming in large bodies of water. I'll be swimming and be scared shitless that a giant water snake thing is stalking me, waiting to get a bite of succulent Devon legs. Then I book it back to the shore.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Red12b
@ahriman22:

I don’t really suffer from any, That I know of usually when I get that fuzz feeling of adrenalin in my stomach I just power through because I know life is to short to worry, sometime when faced with like hornets I get a bit freaked out but that’s cause I am allergic, so I would say I have a small fear of bee's and hornets. 

TheEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheEdge
@ahriman22 said:
" Just wondering, considering they're so common.I myself suffer from the top two (Spiders and heights), which is funny when you consider I'm 6'4-6'5. "
Hehe, thats pretty funny.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I have a mild phobia of water ever since I got washed into the sea and got stranded on a section of beach no-one could get to. But only big masses of water like the oceans and lakes. I'm not scared of having a shower or going swimming in a pool.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By lemon360
@MattyFTM said:
" I have a mild phobia of water ever since I got washed into the sea and got stranded on a section of beach no-one could get to. But only big masses of water like the oceans and lakes. I'm not scared of having a shower or going swimming in a pool. "
really? how did you get rescued?
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By gearhead

I'm like Indiana Jones, I'm fine with anything really, aside from snakes. I HATE snakes.

NintenDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NintenDood

Telephonophobia- Fear of telephones - This, I'm not sure why I am, though I'm always scared to pick up the phone and hear what the other person has to say to me.
Also, I have a fear of heights.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@lemon360 said:
" @MattyFTM said:
" I have a mild phobia of water ever since I got washed into the sea and got stranded on a section of beach no-one could get to. But only big masses of water like the oceans and lakes. I'm not scared of having a shower or going swimming in a pool. "
really? how did you get rescued? "
It's hard to explain what happened in detail, but I'll try. At my local beach there is like a jetty ramp type structure that leads down onto the beach, but when the tide is in the water comes well up the rampy structure, and has quite deep water either side. Me and my family were there when the tide was in, and it seemed like a good idea to get our feet wet. The waves were very shallow, no higher than knee height, but then a freak 5-6 foot wave came along and washed me into the water to the side. I couldn't get back onto the ramp thingy, so I had to swim to a tiny bit of beach to the side of the ramp. The rest of my family then went to call the coastguard and find some rope to pull me up the side of the ramp thingy. After about 30 mins they found some builders with a rope, and pulled me up. The coastguard and ambulance then arrived and I was taken to hospital to check I was all right.

I was never in any real danger, but it was still a real shock and at the time was quite scary.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_A_Drain

Needles, Spiders, buzzing things (Wasps/Bees, but anything that buzzes makes me go "ZOMG A WASP!!!") heights, i'm a complete pussy :P

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Illmatic

I'm freaked out by heights. I remember a home I had in NY had an attic and I could count on one hand the number of times I actually went up there. I could barely bring myself to climb that 8 foot ladder to reach that next floor. I try to get over the fear by going on at least one roller coaster every time I enter a theme park but I usually just end up closing my eyes for the entire ride.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By Hamst3r

Most of my phobias stem from a fear of blindness. So, basically anything that impairs my vision. Darkness, obstructions, open areas, etc.

As such, I tend to never put myself in complete darkness or in maze-like areas cause the lack of visibility bothers me. Open windows and being outside are kind of interesting as it's because there's too much to see and thus I can't keep track of it all.

I also have a fear of being attacked, which goes great with my fear of reduced vision. They're wonderful allies in freaking me out. "I can't see out here, oh shit, I'm going to die, something's going to kill me."

As you can probably guess, in having such fears, Silent Hill freaks me out to no end. It's like it was tailor made just for me. :P

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By coaxmetal

I suffer from hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia. It's the fear of long words. Also aibohphobia, the fear of palindromes. Pretty much all the ironic, mostly nonexistent phobias, really.

The first one actually is a word, the second one is an old joke that I an not so sure about.

Oh, wait, almost forgot luposlipaphobia. That one is the fear of being pursued by timber wolves around a kitchen table whilst wearing socks on a newly waxed floor. Credit to Gary Larson for that one.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bruce

Needles.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Jayge_

It's been a year since we had one of these topics. How nostalgic.

I'm the biggest fucking arachnophobe ever. I'm also one of the biggest acrophobes ever. I used to be afraid of needles until I started getting allergy shots, now I don't even get phased at all.
damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By damswedon

i have a fear of falling (Basophobia)

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Karmum
@PeasForFees said:
" How can anyone be scared of needles "
I'm sure alot of young kids didn't like needles, and it stuck with them.

I used to hate needles, and I still dislike spiders. If a spider is in the bathroom, I will wait for it to get out. Fuck that, I'm not going to watch a spider crawl around when I'm doing my business. I suppose my disliking of needles attributes to the fact I rarely was sick, and rarely required needles. So whenever I had them, I'd have a total fit about it. This problem has worn off, but then again, I'm not going to be excited for the next needle I have to get into my arm.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aurelito

Second one. I'll get rid of it.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Karmum
@PeasForFees said:
" @Karmum said:
" @PeasForFees said:
" How can anyone be scared of needles "
I'm sure alot of young kids didn't like needles, and it stuck with them.I used to hate needles, and I still dislike spiders. If a spider is in the bathroom, I will wait for it to get out. Fuck that, I'm not going to watch a spider crawl around when I'm doing my business. I suppose my disliking of needles attributes to the fact I rarely was sick, and rarely required needles. So whenever I had them, I'd have a total fit about it. This problem has worn off, but then again, I'm not going to be excited for the next needle I have to get into my arm. "
Dude kill the spider, duh, I am lucky that I don't think I am scared of anything, but I dislike rollercoaster, but i will still go on them "
It isn't like I'm scared of spiders, I just don't like them.
Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Stang

Bromidrophobia - Fear of body smells. Especially the type that comes out of a fat persons ass after feasting at Taco Bell.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ineedaname

All of my phobias are rational ad therefore not phobias =( I'm just super human.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By gingertastic_10

I can't stand heights. They bother me very much. Also needles.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bruce
@PeasForFees:

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#27  Edited By SubwayD

Emetophobia. Even thinking about the word and it's meaning makes me uncomfortable.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bruce
@PeasForFees:

You don't see how some people would be afraid of having large thin-but-sharp objects shoved into their skin?
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By gingertastic_10
@Bruce said:
"@PeasForFees: You don't see how some people would be afraid of having large thin-but-sharp objects shoved into their skin? "
Ah, this made me grimace. Needles fail.
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bruce
@PeasForFees:

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO all of these are wimpish! That's why they're laughed at by those who take psychology in College.
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By Verdugo

I don't like knives. And I also dislike insects in general. Fuck them all, I appriciate their benefits to the planet, but just stay the fuck away from me.

And a quote from a Fantastic 4 cartoon I once saw:

Reed Richards: "a fear of heights is irrational, it makes more sense to say you have a fear of falling".

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By dethfish

I think I actually have Enochlophobia and/or Agoraphobia. It really sucks, going through 12 years of school is not fun with those phobias.

Arachnophobia as well. I think spiders might be the incarnation of scary.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Commando

Arachnophobia. I was bit by a Black Widow once and I never want to relive that experience again. Black Widows are extremely aggressive unlike a Brown Recluse which only bites as self defense. They bite you for no apparent reason.

Just so no one ever has to feel that kind of pain, here's what a black widow looks like. It's a lot more potent than a brown recluse. It hits you a lot faster, and when the venom hits you, it feels like the bodypart that it bites weighs 300 pounds, and you're so sore that that any pressure on it hurts really bad. You almost can't move it. It takes about 5 minutes for the venom to do this.
No Caption Provided

I felt it bite me, which didn't really hurt at all(kinda like an average fire ant). I saw it, swatted it on the ground and noticed it was a black widow. I crushed it, but the problem was, as soon as I realized it was a black widow, my adrenaline got going. My heart started racing because I was so freaked out, which sped up the venom. 
My entire right arm started becoming incredibly sore and burned like crazy.. My hand swelled up like a balloon. I had heard of how black widows were so deadly because the venom hits you so much faster than a brown recluse. So I had to get home and call the hospital to see what I needed to do.

I was about 5 miles from our house(I lived on a farm). So I got on my 4-wheeler, and rode back to the house as fast as I could. I got lightheaded and flipped my 4-wheeler on a turn going about 30, which broke my left wrist(the opposite side the spider bit). The adrenaline was going so I really didn't care about the wrist, so I flipped it back on it's wheels and kept it in second gear and rode the rest of the way. I went inside, and my dad saw my right arm was huge, so he took me to the hospital. As soon as I got in the car, I calmed down. That's when the pain really hit me. It was so sore that I couldn't hold it up, but if I put it down on the arm rest it hurt even worse. I couldn't get away from the pain.  They gave me antivenom and pain killers, and put a splint on my wrist. It was painful for the next few days, but the 2 hours after it were by far the most painful hours of my life.
Bloodwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bloodwolf

Claustrophobia- Fear of confined spaces. (usually in parking garages)
Nosocomephobia- Fear of hospitals.

oh, i dont like having big needles being shoved into my skin....

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JoelTGM

lol can you really "suffer" from that stuff...  you make it sound like a big deal

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HazBazz

I have a fear of needles, but thats not a phobia, because its a rational fear

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By CL60

Galeophobia - Fear of Sharks.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40  Edited By zyn

Arachnophobia.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sjupp

Mildly claustrophobic (fear of small/dark spaces)
A homemade snow-cave,collapsed on me as a kid. Nearly suffocated, but got rescued before I passed out or anything dramatic. I'll never enter such things again lol.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By zityz

I hate hights yet I live 11 floors up. I'm also afraid to fly anywhere. WHich sucks cause I really want to travel. So I pretty much suffer from Ironicalphobia heh...sigh.

Bigbombomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By Bigbombomb

I have Acrophobia. I usually get very nervous and my hands get sweaty when I'm up in very high places. Even the thought of being in a high place gets my hands sweaty.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ahriman22
@DOUBLESHOCK: Yeah... Given the fact that I have to go on my balcony allot which is a spider heaven. So, yes, I suffer.

But I love needles! They're so fun.
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By GreggD

Friggin' spiders, man.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JoelTGM
@ahriman22:   yeah but my point is you could always just stop being afraid of spiders. 
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ahriman22
@DOUBLESHOCK: If it were that easy, I would have gotten over it by now. Phobias aren't rational.
walls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By walls

Wild mushrooms for me

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JoelTGM
@ahriman22:   yeah I guess that's true.  If you see a small spider crawling along somewhere, just put your hand infront of it and let it walk onto your hand, you'll see it's really no big deal.  Just disconnect yourself from whatever is making you afraid and understand that you're not in any danger.  Spiders are pretty cool whenever I see one I like to take a close up picture of it.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ahriman22
@DOUBLESHOCK: I've tried that, hell, daddy long legs even put me in my "Oh crap spider, but I can't stop staring" mode.