What the fuck has been going on around here?

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Metroid545

He was pretty cool but he's always had a hardcore nintendo fanboy rep and the last straw was him blowing up on this one thread (forgot the thread but i'd put money on it being nintendo related) and insulting the staff. 

why are we still talking about him?

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Ace829

All I have to say about the forum drama is, thank you GB users. That was some quality entertainment. I shall be on my way now. *flies away*

Fontan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Fontan

I've never been much of a poster (you can see by the huge amount of posts I have), but I was following Ryan and Jeff on their blogs right after they left Gamespot, and signed up here right at the start.

The community did grow larger and, as with all internet communities, it becomes dumber. Younger people, people with too much free time. That's how it goes.

One thing that has really bothered me, however, is the quality of the news since these other guys became Staff. It seems most of it is written based on rumours from a site, mentioning yet another site who read it in a shadowy gamesite, who got it from a guy who wouldn't identify himself.

Yes, I'm exagerating, but you get the picture.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By c1337us
@Akeldama said:
" This community has gone so far down hill in the past few months. Increased mod presence wont save it now. Every interesting member has either been banned or has left due to the high bullshit levels.  "
Awwwwwgh!  *sad face*
Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Hourai

LOVE DRAMA <3

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#56  Edited By damnboyadvance
@Atomasist said:
" @RoujinX said:
" What happened to Linkyshinks? "
Dude got banned for insulting the staff. "
I read that article over again. Where did he insult the staff?
Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Clinkz

Drama on a forum is so funny. I'm glad Linkyshinkz got banned to piss "every interesting member" off.

Nothing happened to GB as a whole-- it's still the same site and if all you want to do is watch the videos, by all means go for it.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By Red12b
@damnboyadvance said:
" @Atomasist said:
" @RoujinX said:
I read that article over again. Where did he insult the staff? "
Probably got deleted. 
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Skytylz
@ColumnBreaker said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
This might be the greatest post ever on Giant Bomb.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Jimbo
@buzz_killington said:
"PS. People who bitch about the community going down hill and shit like that make me hate them, myself, and every other living person. Aghhhhhhh..... "
Quite.  "Wah, I hate this community! But I'm going to stick around anyway just to make sure you all know how much I hate being here.""  Do they think they have to stay for our benefit or something?  I for one don't care whether they're here or not.  In fact, it would be about 1000x better if they weren't.
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@MiamiRedHawks said:
" @Twilight: Although I don't posted to the forums very often, I've been around since the start. I've noticed the community is getting younger, which has dragged down the quality of the posts.    Lost Planet 2 is garbage and everyone knows it, so I doubt people really care about Brad's review. "
Really, I have to agree.  Thought the game had no redeeming qualities what-so-ever.
If some fans can look past the flaws and still enjoy it, then good for them, I don't know why they'd let other peoples opinion bother them at all.
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By Pazy
@MiamiRedHawks said:
"   Lost Planet 2 is garbage and everyone knows it, so I doubt people really care about Brad's review. "

I would disagree with that point, I know Lost Planet 2 (and Lost Planet: Extreme Condition) have a large fanbase. Though I am not the biggest fan of the game I do really enjoy the experience it gives, there is a lot of fun a nuance in the multiplayer and I know, from watching my best friend play it deeper than me, that it has a lot of things to offer. While it dosent play exactly like other MP shooters, for example the stiffness to it all, its a lot of fun for a certain kind of people.

Oh and shooting a cannon at a Giant Worm while it tries to destroy your Giant Train is sweet!

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By Mmmslash
@Endogene:  Considering I have a copy of the PM that MB sent Linky, I'm pretty sure I know why he was banned.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#65  Edited By wefwefasdf
@Mmmslash said:
" @Endogene:  Considering I have a copy of the PM that MB sent Linky, I'm pretty sure I know why he was banned. "
Did you get that message from Linky on Screened?
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By Cube
@Jimbo said:
" @buzz_killington said:
"PS. People who bitch about the community going down hill and shit like that make me hate them, myself, and every other living person. Aghhhhhhh..... "
Quite.  "Wah, I hate this community! But I'm going to stick around anyway just to make sure you all know how much I hate being here.""  Do they think they have to stay for our benefit or something?  I for one don't care whether they're here or not.  In fact, it would be about 1000x better if they weren't. "
Whatever, you love me.
davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By davidwitten22

Hey guys the site is slightly different lets all complain about it using hyperbole.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Grillbar
@MiamiRedHawks said:
" @Twilight: Although I don't posted to the forums very often, I've been around since the start. I've noticed the community is getting younger, which has dragged down the quality of the posts.    Lost Planet 2 is garbage and everyone knows it, so I doubt people really care about Brad's review. "
im with you. have allso been here from the start and the younger users really show in the forum. and i have seen more and more of "youtube users" if people dont know what i mean by that just read pretty mutch any comment on a vid there and you know what i mean
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ryanwho
@davidwitten22 said:
" Hey guys the site is slightly different lets all complain about it using hyperbole. "
Hitler and Nazis, slippery slope.
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Mmmslash
@SpikeSpiegel:  No.
anarchyzombie9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By anarchyzombie9
@Atomasist said:
" @RoujinX said:
Well that doesn't seem right if its true. Which I doubt it is but still...
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By GreggD
@anarchyzombie9 said:
" @Atomasist said:
" @RoujinX said:
Well that doesn't seem right if its true. Which I doubt it is but still... "
It's true, I just read the fucking post he made that got him banned.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#73  Edited By Meowayne

Lock this drama thread for fuck's sake.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By GreggD
@Meowayne said:
" Lock this drama thread for fuck's sake. "
I second this.
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#75  Edited By Griddler

I've been away for a while too, why is Brad Nicholson writing for Giant Bomb?

9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By 9cupsoftea

GB is the most dramatic of all video game communities. Everyone acts like drag queens here.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By zero_
@girdz: Because he wanted to write for a real gaming website. BOOM. 

Nah, they needed more writers because the team were too busy with other things.
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#78  Edited By Griddler
@Zero_: Huh, I don't know how that slipped by me.
Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Jeffsekai
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" @Mmmslash said:
" @Endogene:  Considering I have a copy of the PM that MB sent Linky, I'm pretty sure I know why he was banned. "
Did you get that message from Linky on Screened? "
But do you think it was fair?
Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Toxin066

We had a couple quick looks. There were a few endurance run episodes. Dio died. That's about it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By TheHT
@ryanwho said:
" @Akeldama said:
" This community has gone so far down hill in the past few months. Increased mod presence wont save it now. Every interesting member has either been banned or has left due to the high bullshit levels.  "
Thank god people who do nothing but complain decided to stick around. "
Seriously, it seems these interwebs forum 'communities' always only go down on a neverending hill.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#82  Edited By wefwefasdf
@Jeffsekai said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:
" @Mmmslash said:
Did you get that message from Linky on Screened? "
But do you think it was fair? "
Not really. I think he should have at least gotten a warning first. Mods have the power to do as they wish and if he didn't want to conform to them after the warning then the ban would make sense.
Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jeffsekai
@SpikeSpiegel: Wasn't talking to you sorry. I can guarantee they had warned him before.
DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#84  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

I think GiantBomb is growing in popularity, and while that helps increases the website's success and brings in a large number of good, intelligent, people, it also brings in some ignorant, and annoying users as well. I've seen some trolls and some of the uncanny posts that sound like they are straight out of System Wars or 4chan (note I'm not bashing system wars or GameSpot in this post, I love both and they have some good posts and articles over there, but you have to admit that SOME of the users are just....ugh) but no big deal, those types of people will be dealt with in due time.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#85  Edited By Claude

I played a video game with a Narwhal in it.

No Caption Provided
RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#86  Edited By RichardLOlson

We are growing and becoming stronger.  We know you are there....we know who you are.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#87  Edited By damnboyadvance
@Red12b said:
" @damnboyadvance said:
" @Atomasist said:
" @RoujinX said:
I read that article over again. Where did he insult the staff? "
Probably got deleted.  "
Was it like a personal insult, or an insult about the article?
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Hamz

We do not publicly divulge information regarding the moderation history of any user on the site and will not do so even in light of extreme pressure and rumour from the community. Just keep in mind that tenure is not granted on Giant Bomb; post count level, wiki points total and association with other users will not protect someone from being moderated. The decision to permanently ban a user from the community is not taken lightly and not based on any single event. Rather the sum of all actions leading up to a user's removal are taken into account. So what may seem like a minor breach of the rules may in actuality be the final incident in a long record of offences on the site.   

Every time a drama unfolds on the forum regarding specific events, people in the community decide to use it as a platform to launch their own agenda. Whether it be to criticise the mod team, bitch about the quality of the community or complain about the site and its contents. The simple fact is this, Giant Bomb is going through changes most other well established websites went through at one point or another in the past. We're essentially going through growing pains, and with E3 coming around the corner it seems everyone has rather high levels of tension when posting on the forum.

My advice is for people to relax, calm down and realise internet drama is not important or of high priority. Let it go and carry on enjoying video games and the content produced by the staff for your enjoyment. Don't get caught up in the ridiculous politics and drama that circulates around an internet message board. Learn to detach yourself from it. If you can't do that then you should probably not take part in online activities or communities.

I'm locking this down now. To the topic creator, glad to see you return, hopefully you'll take my advice and get back to integrating yourself amongst the various features, content and community affairs on Giant Bomb :)