Who is this punk kid?

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SamStrife

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who started following me last night.  The response was way more than I could ask for, you guys are the best ^_^

Secondly, why the hell are you all adding someone you don't know, didn't your mother teach you not to talk to strangers?!?!  Maybe you should get to know me and because I'm such a great guy, here's an easy to read blog for you :P

Stats 'n' Facts

• D.O.B: 30/10/1989 (10/30/1989 for those in the US.)  For those who can't be bothered to work that out, I'm 20 years old.
  • Location: I live in Derby, England...which is pretty much the centre of the country.
    This is Me =D
    This is Me =D
  • Hair Colour:  A natural red head, I've died it black. 
  • Favourite Pokemon: Blaziken

Musically, I like pretty much anything, I appreciate music too much to be confined to one genre, but when I'm listening for pure fun, then I'm listening to Dance, Trance, Hip-Hop and UK Grime. 

I love sports, all kinds...but I'm a mad huge NFL fan, more than anyone else I know (at least here in the UK.)

Most Importantly, I love Video Games.  Loooooooooove them.  Played them all my life and always will, although I do happen to be in a mood where I can't be arsed with them at the mo, but they come and go so that's nothing special. 

What I'm going to add to the GB Blog Scene

A lot of people asked me yesterday, what am i gona blog about, so I'll tell you all what I told them.  I'm gona blog about all the games I grew up on and loved, but you guys may not have played or gotten into yourself.  I'll talk about how they impacted me as a person, and what made them so special in my eyes.  

What inspired me to do this, was this dude and an awesome blog he's started about Final Fantasy VII.  As soon as I saw that, I though "Right I'm gona do this about IX." And here I am getting ready to start it sometime soon.  Please please please show this guy some props, follow him and his blog and follow me too please :p

A big thank you to all who've read this, I've tried to make it as simple as possible to read, whilst still being awesome and containing plenty of info.  If you like the sounds of me, follow me, if you don't....why =(

Peace out.
SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SamStrife

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who started following me last night.  The response was way more than I could ask for, you guys are the best ^_^

Secondly, why the hell are you all adding someone you don't know, didn't your mother teach you not to talk to strangers?!?!  Maybe you should get to know me and because I'm such a great guy, here's an easy to read blog for you :P

Stats 'n' Facts

• D.O.B: 30/10/1989 (10/30/1989 for those in the US.)  For those who can't be bothered to work that out, I'm 20 years old.
  • Location: I live in Derby, England...which is pretty much the centre of the country.
    This is Me =D
    This is Me =D
  • Hair Colour:  A natural red head, I've died it black. 
  • Favourite Pokemon: Blaziken

Musically, I like pretty much anything, I appreciate music too much to be confined to one genre, but when I'm listening for pure fun, then I'm listening to Dance, Trance, Hip-Hop and UK Grime. 

I love sports, all kinds...but I'm a mad huge NFL fan, more than anyone else I know (at least here in the UK.)

Most Importantly, I love Video Games.  Loooooooooove them.  Played them all my life and always will, although I do happen to be in a mood where I can't be arsed with them at the mo, but they come and go so that's nothing special. 

What I'm going to add to the GB Blog Scene

A lot of people asked me yesterday, what am i gona blog about, so I'll tell you all what I told them.  I'm gona blog about all the games I grew up on and loved, but you guys may not have played or gotten into yourself.  I'll talk about how they impacted me as a person, and what made them so special in my eyes.  

What inspired me to do this, was this dude and an awesome blog he's started about Final Fantasy VII.  As soon as I saw that, I though "Right I'm gona do this about IX." And here I am getting ready to start it sometime soon.  Please please please show this guy some props, follow him and his blog and follow me too please :p

A big thank you to all who've read this, I've tried to make it as simple as possible to read, whilst still being awesome and containing plenty of info.  If you like the sounds of me, follow me, if you don't....why =(

Peace out.
danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By danielkempster

First of all, welcome to the Giant Bomb blogosphere, SamStrife. As I'm sure you've discovered based on the response to your last blog, this place is home to some awesome characters who'll make you feel at home :) 

Second of all, thanks a lot for your shout-out. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. It's the response from people like you that has got me doubly excited about embarking on my return to Final Fantasy VII. I'm really looking forward to your look back on Final Fantasy IX - as I mentioned in my blog, I'd probably class it as the best FF I've played. It pretty much sums up everything that the franchise means for me, and I have a lot of love for it. Rest assured I'll be following you all the way. It's cool that I've inspired somebody to go back and revisit a game that matters to them - I said I wanted to do as much in the blog itself. I think in the fast-moving, technology-driven world of games, people are always looking forward to the next big thing. For that reason, I've always found appeal in looking back, because not many others do. 

Finally, if you're in the habit of checking out great blogs, I have a few recommendations for you. Sweep is Giant Bomb's resident blogger extraordinaire and always produces top notch content. Dalai is one of the site's most prolific bloggers and offers up a pretty nice mix of news, views and an occasional dash of humour. If you're into reviews of games both old and new, you can't go too far wrong with Video_Game_King (although I find his outlook pretty cynical, his blogs are always very well written and a joy to read). There's also Sparky_Buzzsaw, whose views I find to be well crafted, interesting and deserving of more attention. 

I wish you all the best in your return to Final Fantasy IX and I look forward to reading more of your stuff in the very near future.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SamStrife
@dankempster: Maaan thanks a lot dude, I'll check them guys out and I'm gona be keeping a very close eye on your FF VII adventures.  As long as I have one guy to read my blogs, in my eyes they're worthwhile.  I'll start the FFIX one tomrrow, and in a simillar way to you, a prequel to the3 event itself.

So glad I've stoked you even more for your blog, I'm sure it's gona be a sweet read.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Snipzor

Awesome, I used to have a segment about games that impacted me a while back but I stopped doing them, can't wait to see what you have to offer in terms of knowledge. Happy blogging.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#5  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Haven't had a chance to welcome you to Giant Bomb yet, so welcome!  And any fan of Italian food, Deadpool, video games, and Dankempster's blogs is a friend of mine!
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

Nice way to start off. You're from the UK and like the NFL? That's just crazy talk. Have fun, I'll be reading.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Best of luck with your blogging man. On a related note if you had said your favourite food was anything other than Italian I would have had to kill you.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SamStrife
@Gamer_152: It was a toss up between that and a proper awesome curry.
AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By AltonBrown
@SamStrife: Curry > Italian. But I'll forgive you. Once. Welcome.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pause422

Welcome to the bomb, sir.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hot_Karl

I'm sure you must've cried tears of anger at what X-Men Origins did to Deadpool, huh?

Welcome! You seem like a nice chap (is that what they say where you're from, chap?). Keep on writing thought-out, informative & entertaining blog posts, and I'll keep reading them.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SamStrife
@VinceNotVance: Lol no one I know uses the word chap, but maybe I should employ it for myself.

As for what Wolverine Origins did to Deadpool.....pfft I wasn't best pleased.
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Deadpool is your favorite comic book character, you say? That makes you one cool dude in my book.

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NukeGoBoom

Keep in mind this is a gaming forum and not Live Journal with reviews in it.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SamStrife
@NukeGoBoom: Yeah I'm not a dweeb, I was never gona "review" games, I was gona explain what impact they had on my life.
PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PowerSerj

wtf is this shit?

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By emkeighcameron

HOW COME NOBODY FOLLOWS ME

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SamStrife
@emkeighcameron: Yeah, why?  Follow this guy dudes....
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By turbomonkey138

Wheeeey another UK member good to see :)

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Meltac

Don't you like soccer? :(

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By ch13696
@SamStrife said:   
Secondly, why the hell are you all adding someone you don't know, didn't your mother teach you not to talk to strangers?!?!  

(Starts to cry) Now you hurt my feelings. I thought you would be cool, but I guess not. Well, fine, I'm leaving.
dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By dietmango

Heyo welcome to Giantbomb SamStrife. Happy bloggin' to ya. :)

Alphonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Alphonzo

Any friend of pizza is a friend of mine! Welcome to the electric computerwebs!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By natetodamax

Deadpool is so badass.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Red

Your favorite pokemon is Blaziken. 

We shall be enemies.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Cube

I know a girl who lives in Derby. I make fun of her a lot. :)

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SamStrife
@Red: Honestly I may be wrong.  I can remember Blaziken being my favourite but I've lost my cartridge so aint looked at my team.  I made a mad beefy team (EV'ed up and shit) and I'm pretty sure one of them stole my heart.....Flygon!!!! that's the one.  I have had my Blaziken since Ruby though =/

@Cube: That's not nice =(
Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Welcome to GB!

Enjoy your stay.Stay for 5 months,1 year,5 years,or better forever!

Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

Derby eh? Me too!

Welcome, welcome.