Loading Video...

I'm the Daddy now!

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Hmm...he's a few things, though I guess I would place him under "professional politician and business owner." He's the chairman on a community bank board and the local community college board, built and owns a self storage facility, does substitute teaching and teaches a leadership class for air force reserves all over the country. Before that though, he used to be a consultant for a housing/business developer, and before that he was the county supervisor...

I'm currently studying computer science, working at the IT department at my university.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By sweep  Moderator

My father only knows two things, and one of them is open-wheel racing...

Dynablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By Dynablade

46 years ago my dad used to be an aspiring pitcher for a farm league of some MLB team before he was forced into the draft for Vietnam. He was barely there for a month until he was shot in the head and partially paralyzed on the left side of his body. Ever since suffering some brain damage he's had issues with lashing out at others verbally, and controlling his raging temper. He lives at home and tries to maintain a normal everyday life by walking around without the use of a wheelchair, drives the family to and from places, and tries to keep his diet balanced cause of his diabetes. He loves watching his action movies, sports, and any type of show that's educational.

Meanwhile I'm in my mid-twenties going to college to earn the education, and opportunity at a better future that my father was cheated out of so long ago. I already have an AAS-T degree for multimedia communications and I'm currently going after my Associates of Arts and a Medical Assistant degree since I want to get a job in the medical field some how.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By ajamafalous

@sweep said:

My father only knows two things, and one of them is open-wheel racing...

Is the other one Wario?

pekarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He is a prosecutor and I'm a game programmer. I guess the correlation is that games make you a violent criminal?

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

My old man is a retired equipment manager from the State DoT, I work for a Utility Services Corp. as an over-glorified tree trimmer.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@oraknabo said:

Boys have a penis. Girls have a vagina.

I see you've been taught the basics.

Well, in our inclusive trans/cis world those basics are no long true. Some boys have vaginas and some girls have penises.

sir_gunblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dad is a master mechanic. I'm a programmer.

Avatar image for murderslingshot
MurderSlingshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dad is the greatest man I will ever know. As for a job he is the manager of the factory that produces all the Pepsi products for our city. I'm just wrapping up my freshman year of college but I'm planning on becoming a Psychologist.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dad's a mechanic and I'm going to be a journalist. Definite correlation.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My father is a doctor, and I'm finishing up med school. We went into it for different reasons though.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#63  Edited By monkeyking1969
Loading Video...

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BlatantNinja23

Vice President of our families manufacturing business. We mostly make hydraulic cylinders. Started as a Mechanical Engineer though.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

My dad works at a videogame website. "Giant Explosion" or something like that.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

My dad runs the finance division and a few other things at a local company. I was also going to go into accounting or finance but I hated business school so now I am in Computer Science.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By Klei

My dad is a consultant for many companies. He is very successful, works only a couple of hours a day, and owns a dream house.

We always had an odd relationship. He was always working, and he probably never told me he cared about me. But he did taught me one thing. He taught me how to defy expectations. How to reach insurmountable goals. How to be happy.

And now, I am a 26 years old writer. I write fantasy and sci-fi novels and live of my own writing. I'm currently writing my eight published book. And he's the first in line to buy my books.

thegreatmuta92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He is a deadbeat piece of shit and I have no idea, nor do I care, what he is doing right now. I have a BA, but it lead nowhere so I'm currently studying accounting

Wow thought I was going to be the first to say something like this.

Haven't seen him in years, not as hostile toward him as you but he was never really in my life and I don't care too much. He spent his life doing odd jobs here and there ( never went to college, dropped out, etc) and now just lives off of disability and spends his life in and out of hospitals.

I'm trying to get into computers.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By thomasnash

Hmm. I think at first glance it would seem like there's no correlation between me and my dad: I've just finished a Master's degree in literature and philosophy, waiting to see if I can start my PhD. He's the COO of a software translation company. There is a link in that we both chose to continue with education beyond undergraduate level, but he's a mathematician (his PhD thesis was something to do with nonlinear programming. I have no idea what that means.) and I'm terrible at maths past trigonometry.

But I feel like we are really similar in a lot of other less overt ways? I went down the humanities route because I love art and literature and all that noise, and that is in large part because of him (and my mum, to be fair) exposing me to that as a kid, and talking about it with me and stuff. I guess there's things I'm really serious about which he is interested in in a laid back, relaxed kind of way.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By Oldirtybearon

My dad was a fireman. He's dead now.

I work for the government.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My father's a drug abuse researcher (as in works at the National Institute on Drug Abuse, not hustles for that sweet sweet black tar) and I make music ("musician" sounds like I've wound my head up my ass and through my digestive system several times over) along with reviewing it occasionally, since you can't ACTUALLY make money off making music nowadays. Or I'm just bad at it. One of those though

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My dad works at a videogame website. "Giant Explosion" or something like that.

Wow, Max grew up so fast.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By MikeJFlick

He was an Architect, doing mainly industrial(60's-70's) when he first started, commercial(70-80's) when he was about mid-career and eventually doing residential and or whatever type of work he could find as work started to dry up in the 90's in favor of out sourcing. Rest in Peace.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74  Edited By dichemstys

My dad is a machinist.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

My dad is a plain clothes Detective in the electronics dept. He downloads video from crime scenes and puts tracers on cars. I work for an online advertising company.

JNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carpenter...

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By DopeToast

My dad went to school to study business and marketing and has sold hair care products since he graduated. He is also very bald. I'm currently studying English, and am not bald. We have similar interests in a lot of ways, but not in jobs.

Dead_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My father repairs computers and I'm a biologist.

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By PolygonSlayer

My dad is a welder and works with ship construction. :)

I work as an artist in games development, not really work related, but I did get my artistic skills from him since he does some drawing and painting on his spare time. He again got his art skills from my grandmother, who still today, despite having quite shaky hands can draw some really beautiful pictures! So the art side has been in the family for some time, but I think I'm the first to make a career out of it.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TobbRobb

He's an engineer, and I'm a hobo.

Nope, don't see the connection.

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dad was a day trader. (He traded stocks.) And I'm a hobo. I don't see the connection either.

mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#82  Edited By mx

He own's and works at his bookstore. And I'm studying to become a journalist. He actually applied for the journalism education but didn't make It through the drawing.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By OfficeGamer

My dad works at Nintendo and he told me that GTA V is going to be a Wii U exclusive.

My god.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My father is a sportswriter and photographer for a local newspaper. He also used to be involved with banking.

As for me, I'm a student-to-be at Rice University who plans on majoring in statistics and psychology. I also plan on pursuing my interests in music and voice acting.

h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dad's a store company executive. His company's core business is groceries. He usually handles marketing, and is part of the company board and does managerial tasks. The company is wholly owned by consumers, which is a pretty cool concept. My dad rapidly worked his way up the chain due to innovation and good people skills. At some point, he was also a butcher and a travelling salesman. He loves speaking to people, and convincing them of this or the other thing. It's a good skill to have when you're an executive. I believe he would be a really good motivational speaker. His people skills were somehow luckily passed along to me, as I've used that to my advantage in all kinds of situations.

I'm unemployed, but I'm becoming a video game artist - something I want to go to school for. And if there's anything my dad ever taught me, it's that nothing can stop me from doing whatever it is I want to do. I've been a computer and tech salesman - I quit from this job, because I never could sleep well knowing I'd rip people off their money for products I knew were usually shit or not what the person even wanted. I've also been a furniture deliverer (which involved driving a truck that I promptly fucked up - other than that the job was amazing compared to being a salesman. I was happy every day I went to work in the morning), painter, office worker, and done a few other things. I don't think his job has influenced my life all that much, except for teaching me some good lessons about management and just skills in general. I've also learned how to cook and how to draw from my dad. He's a resourceful guy, he's got alot of talent in alot of different fields.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Sanity

He works for a scrap yard, runs the crane and cuts up metal. Shitty work.

I'v done a bunch of random ass work, from factory stuff to construction, whatever i can find to get by. I just have bad luck as nothing seems to last for me.

NinjaBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By NinjaBerd

When my father was alive he sold and maintained IBM AS400 Systems.

I am a Database analyst, and I work at a company that still uses an IBM AS400.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before my Dad became disabled he was a mailman for the postal service. Really laborious job but with a polisci degree he didn't have too many options. Since I'm an English major it looks like I'll be following in his footsteps just fine.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#89  Edited By aurahack
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#90  Edited By jakob187

My dad worked in the Navy as a ship mechanic during 'Nam, but he was honorably discharged after he lost two fingers. After he met my mother and they got married, he worked at The Motor Shop over on 5th St. Eventually, he became an apprentice carpenter by trade under my grandfather (my mom's dad), even lost a third finger (that's three fingers missing on one hand) to a table saw. He started at Donahue Cabinets (now Southern Cabinets) on 77, then moved over to CM Trautschold (now Trautschold Millworks). He then landed a gig doing airplane cabinet fabrication at Chyrsler Technologies over on TSTC Airport, which then turned to Raytheon...which then turned to L3 Communications. He eventually was laid off, which led him to contracting work for Gulfstream. After they did rounds of layoffs (which included him), he worked a couple of odd jobs (Connally ISD as a groundskeeper, some other place doing small engine repairs). He's now at Lochridge-Priest doing sheet metal, but he's got a job offer from a new local airplane cabinet fabrication shop. If he takes that, I think he'll end up being much happier.

In his off-time, he works on cars and does woodwork for his church.

So what does my father do?

He's a jack of all trades. He's a blue-collared working American that's busted his ass his whole life to put food on the table, roof over heads, and clothes on backs. That man is one of the hardest working people I'll ever know in my life.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

When he was alive, he worked on computers for the school district. Repairing them and things like that.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dad worked on a car assembly line, where he was exposed to asbestos, and was later diagnosed with mesothelioma after he retired.

I'm a software developer.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

My dad is a retired banker/government finance guy (I don't remembner his exact title).

And I'm an Art Director/Designer.

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Mental Health Nurse. I wanna be a Psychotherapist.

Avatar image for angre_leperkan439
Angre_Leperkan439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevigilanteoflove: Or level of baldness!

My pops is an electric engineer. I'm finishing up my BA in history. I get where he comes from (tinkering with stuff is cool) but idk if i could handle the math he went through to get there.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Chop

He bounces around various blue collar jobs (mechanic type stuff mostly). Right now he works for an equipment rental company.

Me? I work at a grocery store. I have actually purposely avoided trades because of my dad =/

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

He's a sith and I'm a jedi. Holidays are the Worst/Best.

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dad was a farmer originally, then lightning struck the house and there were insurance issues(he took the farm over from his dad) so we ended up moving off the farm. He then went on to be a cross country truck driver, eventually getting his own truck and hauling cars. Then he retired and had a summer of fishing every day before getting sick and ended up dying of pneumonia in 2009.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My father is a biochemist and I'm teaching high school. Career, I actually have far more in common with my mother and my maternal grandfather. One was a high school teacher as well and the other was a principal.