#1 Posted by stoodspoon (599 posts) -

My choice, Benedict Cumberbatch

1.He is handsome

2.Awesome voice

3.He is Sherlock Holmes

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14579 posts) -

@stoodspoon: Not an awful pick. I'd be down with that.

#3 Posted by Humanity (8857 posts) -

I've heard rumors that Idris Elba would be the next Bond which would be quite a bold move.

#4 Edited by Jeust (10482 posts) -

Clive Owen 

#5 Posted by bananaz (254 posts) -

Elba! That dude is hardcore. Honestly, I hope Craig sticks around. If not, Elba would be really cool.

#6 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

karl pilkington

#7 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

@Humanity said:

I've heard rumors that Idris Elba would be the next Bond which would be quite a bold move.

Got to admit, that would be awesome and completely unexpected. Was a huge fan of his work on Luther.

#8 Posted by fox01313 (5064 posts) -

Plenty of good choices among the UK actors (or Batman) would be fine like what's in this though it depends on if they decide to stick with the new Borne identity format or go back to how it was.

#9 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

@bananaz: @Humanity: I would love Elba as Bond, but I think he might be two old if they do end up doing two more with Craig.

@Bell_End:

Bond: "Well, it's a bit funny, innit? Wants to take over the world, but he's spending years just building a lair on some volcano. Just building. What if the volcano erupts? No more building. Waste of time, that."

M: "WHAT IF THE VOLCANO ERUPTS? HAAAAAAA!" - how I imagine a Karl Pilkington Bond film

#10 Posted by Icemo (642 posts) -

Sorry for being a party pooper, but I'm tired of James Bond movies and would rather see something new. So I'll say no one should play the next James Bond.

#11 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

They should make the next guy a young anarchist kid who is anti-establishment and edgy as fuck. They can call him JB, the spykiller.

But for real, Jake Gyllenhaal would be unexpected.

#12 Edited by glyn (382 posts) -

@Jeust said:

Clive Owen

Rebecca De Mornay

#13 Edited by Humanity (8857 posts) -

@psylah: I don't think they would ever cast a non-Brit as Bond and honestly I wouldn't want them to.

Edit: as non-Brit I meant "The Islands" as I am fully aware Sean Connory was Scottish.

#14 Edited by Jaytow (693 posts) -

Christian Bale.

#15 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

This is a no-brainer. is the only choice.

#16 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

@Humanity said:

@psylah: I don't think they would ever cast a non-Brit as Bond and honestly I wouldn't want them to.

Edit: as non-Brit I meant "The Islands" as I am fully aware Sean Connory was Scottish.

But the previous Bonds just aren't cool. If any James Bond walked into a bar, he'd get laughed at! We need a young, reckless, anarchist Bond.

Who looks just like me.

Yeah, that's cool.

#17 Posted by Excast (816 posts) -

Justin Bieber

#18 Edited by Catarrhal (820 posts) -

@psylah said:

They should make the next guy a young anarchist kid who is anti-establishment and edgy as fuck.

XXX already exists. "Welcome to Anarchy 99."

#19 Posted by Winternet (8007 posts) -

Paul Waker.

#20 Edited by Diometrics (5 posts) -

@Humanity said:

Already have done. George Lazenby was an Australian.

#21 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

@Bell_End: Will his nemesis be played by Clive Warren?

#22 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

@Catarrhal said:

@psylah said:

They should make the next guy a young anarchist kid who is anti-establishment and edgy as fuck.

XXX already exists. "Welcome to Anarchy 99."

AW SHIT

#23 Posted by AlexW00d (6189 posts) -

@Humanity said:

Scotland is a part of 'Britain' lol

#24 Posted by NickM (1067 posts) -

@stoodspoon said:

My choice, Benedict Cumberbatch

1.He is handsome

2.Awesome voice

3.He is Sherlock Holmes

I'm having a hard time seeing how Mr. Cumberbatch can be described as handsome. He was outstanding in Sherlock though, I'll give you that.

#25 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I would of said Tom Hardy before he took on Splinter Cell so now I will say James McAvoy from Wanted\X Men Origins or Joseph Gordon Levitt to be in a Bond origin story.

#26 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

Stephen Fry

#27 Posted by TheCowman (60 posts) -

@mtcantor said:

Stephen Fry

Win.

#28 Edited by Brendan (7696 posts) -

Henry Cavill

Micheal Fassbender

Edit: The other choices are good as well, and Idris Elba would be interesting. Y'know what would be more interesting? Y'wanna get your mind blown?

Jane Bond.

Female Bond. Stick that in your brain pipe and inhale the fumes. No idea who would play that role, but as an interesting thought exercise do any Brit's want to chime in on female actors that could play that kind of role?

#29 Posted by meatdimensionfighter (42 posts) -

Sam Worthington

#30 Posted by probablytuna (3547 posts) -

Michael Fassbender. End of discussion.

#31 Posted by VierasTalo (682 posts) -

Who should play 007 after Craig? Hell if I know, the last problem those films have is the lead actor. Who will play him? Someone no one has named here thus far. It'll be yet another slightly renown in his country-british actor who hasn't had any big hits yet. So no Fassbenders here.

#32 Posted by Sweep (8826 posts) -

I DID NOT MAKE THIS IMAGE I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS

#33 Posted by RedCream (704 posts) -

Tom Hardy

#34 Posted by uniform (1832 posts) -

David Mitchell

#35 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Shia Leibuf

#36 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

I'd like to see Michael Fassbender get it.

#37 Posted by Christoffer (1760 posts) -

Tilda Swinton

#38 Posted by sonicrift (293 posts) -

Rupert Grint!

#39 Posted by ryvythed (27 posts) -

Idris Elba would get me to the theater.

#40 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

I can only dream.

#41 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

i would love Idris Elba to do it, if nothing else, just to piss off idiot racists... sorry, patriots

#42 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1395 posts) -

@fox01313 said:

Plenty of good choices among the UK actors (or Batman) would be fine like what's in this though it depends on if they decide to stick with the new Borne identity format or go back to how it was.

Have you seen Skyfall? It was anything but Borne Identity. Even the fight sequences were often like the old Bond movies.

#43 Posted by Animasta (14650 posts) -

okay watching that clip I would love to see a bond movie with idris, even if he is a little old.

#44 Posted by Hunkulese (2652 posts) -

It's time Bond became a woman.

#45 Posted by Bob_Toeback (308 posts) -

What about a transexuel, black, gay, jewish midget?

#46 Posted by Wondeboy (38 posts) -

idris elba is hot property right now and is more than capable of being a really exciting bond. I've always been a fan of clive owen for bond, but he's gone off the boil a bit recently.

i wonder whether damien lewis could pull off bond?

#47 Edited by Nardak (464 posts) -
#48 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

I think Ewan Mcgregor or Eric Bana could be good.

#49 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

Martin Freeman.

#50 Posted by Animasta (14650 posts) -

@Hunkulese said:

It's time Bond became a woman.

the real question is, if that happened, would she be a lesbian or would she be into dudes?