Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

NEWS: Gears 2 All Fronts Collection!!

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Edited By sweep  Moderator

Holy Moley, its more Gears 2 stuff. But, for some reason, it's not going to be DLC. EPIC has decided to release the next update for Gears Of War 2 as retail on July 28th.

||  FULL STORY  ||

This Expansion Pack (??) Will Include:

• All Current Gears 2 DLC to date
    • Dark Fronts Map Pack (seven new multiplayer maps)
    • An introduction from Cliff Bleszinski for "Road to Ruin"
    • A collectible poster
    • Strategy guide
    • Custom Xbox Live theme

A load of that stuff is to make this bundle worthwhile for everyone who already owns all the existing DLC.

Kotaku also had this image slapped up above the story:

No Caption Provided
    For those that don't remember there is a section in the story where Marcus walks up to Dom holding a Theron helmet and says he has an idea how they can sneak into the Hollow - but Dom says he wants to go in guns blazing. Well, this photo would seem to provide an alternative chunk of the game where the player has the option of agreeing with Marcus for some kind of stealthy Gears action we haven't seen before. Fucking SWEET.

The Box Art looks a bit like this.

No Caption Provided

Please Note
    • [Requires Full Version Of The Game To Play]
    • [No Disk Included - Downloadable Content Only]
    So basically you buy a box with a load of stuff in, type in your code and BOOM, ready to rumble.

The New Multiplayer Maps Will Include:

• Allfathers Garden: Honor the sacred grounds of the Coalition founders in this explosive map, where powerful weapons catalyze fast and furious action at this COG landmark.
    •   Memorial: Set near the Eternal Flame, which pays tribute to the fallen soldiers on the battlefield, a hard-fought battle ensues at the Tomb of Unknowns. Putting their flank formation and evasive skills to the test, players will fight to control the Boomshot.
    •   Sanctuary: Once a peaceful ground for reflection and remembrance, all that remains of the Sanctuary is the chill of death. Feast your eyes on the arsenal of weapons available as you make your way through the tight paths and blind corners of the Locust-damaged temple corridors.
    •   War Machine: In the abandoned train station that once served as a hub for travel, players will need to master the Longshot, Mulcher and Boomshot weapons to advance the fight while evading fire from the platforms above.
    •   Highway: Take the fight deep into the Locust Hollow in the complex passages of this underground highway system brimming with enemy vermin. Stick together, separate the enemy and have an exit strategy ready or it'll be a one-way trip.
    •   Way Station: Sitting in limbo between death and "processing" are Locust way stations filled with fallen COG soldiers. Tread lightly and practice patience as it's better to sacrifice firepower for stealth while navigating this minefield of hidden grenades.
    •  Nowhere: Set in the middle of what was once a destination for weary desert travellers, the land is now barren and devoid of life. Pick off your enemies with the Longshot sniper rifle and make your way to the stairwell with a well-fortified team during this intense firefight.

The remakes of the previous maps have all been awesome, so I am SUPER STOKED to play some War Machine again. I am totally down for this Gears 2 pack.

Please feel free to comment on these rumours and speculation.

Thanks For Reading
    Love Sweep

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Holy Moley, its more Gears 2 stuff. But, for some reason, it's not going to be DLC. EPIC has decided to release the next update for Gears Of War 2 as retail on July 28th.

||  FULL STORY  ||

This Expansion Pack (??) Will Include:

• All Current Gears 2 DLC to date
    • Dark Fronts Map Pack (seven new multiplayer maps)
    • An introduction from Cliff Bleszinski for "Road to Ruin"
    • A collectible poster
    • Strategy guide
    • Custom Xbox Live theme

A load of that stuff is to make this bundle worthwhile for everyone who already owns all the existing DLC.

Kotaku also had this image slapped up above the story:

No Caption Provided
    For those that don't remember there is a section in the story where Marcus walks up to Dom holding a Theron helmet and says he has an idea how they can sneak into the Hollow - but Dom says he wants to go in guns blazing. Well, this photo would seem to provide an alternative chunk of the game where the player has the option of agreeing with Marcus for some kind of stealthy Gears action we haven't seen before. Fucking SWEET.

The Box Art looks a bit like this.

No Caption Provided

Please Note
    • [Requires Full Version Of The Game To Play]
    • [No Disk Included - Downloadable Content Only]
    So basically you buy a box with a load of stuff in, type in your code and BOOM, ready to rumble.

The New Multiplayer Maps Will Include:

• Allfathers Garden: Honor the sacred grounds of the Coalition founders in this explosive map, where powerful weapons catalyze fast and furious action at this COG landmark.
    •   Memorial: Set near the Eternal Flame, which pays tribute to the fallen soldiers on the battlefield, a hard-fought battle ensues at the Tomb of Unknowns. Putting their flank formation and evasive skills to the test, players will fight to control the Boomshot.
    •   Sanctuary: Once a peaceful ground for reflection and remembrance, all that remains of the Sanctuary is the chill of death. Feast your eyes on the arsenal of weapons available as you make your way through the tight paths and blind corners of the Locust-damaged temple corridors.
    •   War Machine: In the abandoned train station that once served as a hub for travel, players will need to master the Longshot, Mulcher and Boomshot weapons to advance the fight while evading fire from the platforms above.
    •   Highway: Take the fight deep into the Locust Hollow in the complex passages of this underground highway system brimming with enemy vermin. Stick together, separate the enemy and have an exit strategy ready or it'll be a one-way trip.
    •   Way Station: Sitting in limbo between death and "processing" are Locust way stations filled with fallen COG soldiers. Tread lightly and practice patience as it's better to sacrifice firepower for stealth while navigating this minefield of hidden grenades.
    •  Nowhere: Set in the middle of what was once a destination for weary desert travellers, the land is now barren and devoid of life. Pick off your enemies with the Longshot sniper rifle and make your way to the stairwell with a well-fortified team during this intense firefight.

The remakes of the previous maps have all been awesome, so I am SUPER STOKED to play some War Machine again. I am totally down for this Gears 2 pack.

Please feel free to comment on these rumours and speculation.

Thanks For Reading
    Love Sweep

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

That's kind of neat, though if they offer it through the marketplace I'll probably pick it up there.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hitchenson

Hm, don't see why this isn't on the Marketplace? Ah well, this'll please all the Gears fans out there... except the ones who already bought the DLC.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I already have all the DLC i'm still going to get this. But then, I play Gears 2 way too much...

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Kiemoe

I enjoy some useless swag as much as the next guy, but Epic would be pretty dim not to let this be downloadable as well (then again, diehard Gears fans will have to buy this which means they will have to buy the maps all over again. Genius maybe?)

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I don't see any reason why they'd release it at retail with a download code, and not release it on Marketplace too. They'll probably just do both.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sweep  Moderator

How much DLC have they already released? 3 Combustible Maps and 4 Snowblind Maps - each at 800 points. So if this retails for £15.00 then you really arent paying much more for this whole bundle (14 maps) than the current cost of 7 Maps. If you don't already own the currently available 7 then this is a bargain - if not it's still fair.

I guess the issue here is how much people are prepared to pay for DLC in general. It's slowly becoming more and more expensive to download stuff on XBLM.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Rowr

i got enough dlc i only played once >.>

without any sort of extra campaign bits i cant see this being worth it, since i'm not interested in the stocking stuffer junk.

That and retail in Australia = Get fucked.

Probably try and sell this for 50 bucks here,

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sweep  Moderator

well i play gears 2 for about 3 or 4 hours every day, so i'm totally down for some more content. Although, the timing will probably be the deciding factor. If modern warfare 2 comes out at around the same time, Gears 2 is going back on the shelf...

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK

While i dont have high hopes for the maps thanks to the shotgun none of them really play any differently to one another... unless we're talking about guardian, submission or annex... where things are much more tactical and awesome, i'd buy it just to "sneak in" anyway. That must be seriously cool

also i <3 hard copiez

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Vinchenzo

I posted this on the official article, but I'll say it again. I am very pissed that EPIC is pulling this shit. I paid $20 for the two other map packs and now they do this. We can all understand I great deal, but I feel I got gypped much worse. Simply because it's so soon. I am never supporting EPIC again.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24

Looks great. I am glad I haven't bought the other map packs because this is a good deal for me....and a sucky deal for the ones that did :P

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Pie
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "Looks great. I am glad I haven't bought the other map packs because this is a good deal for me....and a sucky deal for the ones that did :P"
    Stop making fun of people RHCPfan24.
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sweep  Moderator

damn brad, stealing all my glory

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Looks like a nice set.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EvilTwin

For those who play Gears 2 online, has it been more or less fixed?  I've never actually tried it since I bought it, but maybe this is a good excuse to. 

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Cheapoz
    EvilTwin said:
    "For those who play Gears 2 online, has it been more or less fixed?  I've never actually tried it since I bought it, but maybe this is a good excuse to.  "
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No.

They have released patch upon patch which has created a patchwork quilt of gameplay. They take 47 steps forward, 68 steps back. Instead of incremental updates they try to fix everything at once and break everything in the same process.

Also, if you're outside of what Epic deems as planet earth (read: America) you'll want to get used to playing with lag. Even after their supposed 'region preference' - which, since its installation has made matchmaking worse for me. 

But I'll probably still buy this, damn you epic!
    alterbridge9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18  Edited By alterbridge9

I'll be buying this! Will it be one code for all the maps including the old DLC? Because I have both map packs already so if they are a seperate code I can give them to my one of my friends!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crunchUK
    EvilTwin said:
    "For those who play Gears 2 online, has it been more or less fixed?  I've never actually tried it since I bought it, but maybe this is a good excuse to.  "
    Somewhat. It works properly now
    MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By MKHavoc

I think I'll end up buying this in stores since I haven't bought either Combustible of Snowblind map packs.  I do feel sorry for the people who've already bought the last two DLC though.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By pweidman

The new content called 'All Fronts' will be available for download as well as at retail around July 28th.  The retail version  will come with all the previously offered map paks and 7 new additional maps(2 are remakes apparently from Gears 1), as well a new campaign mission called 'Dark Corners', where players will be able to play dressed as Theron Guards(or so it looks)in Locust Hollow, and play a bit of stealth or just go in guns ablaze.  Sounds fun to me. There's also going to be related swag, premium theme, strategy guide, poster etc. included at retail btw.
    Now the new mission and 7 new maps are also available seperately as 'Dark Corners' DLC for those who already Dl'd the 2 previous paks, but the hitch is it's preportedly going to run $19.99(1600 ms points)....just as much as the retail package that has both previous map paks included.  The price of buying the DLC early I guess just as it's been with Halo 3's map paks really.

Doubt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Doubt

This seems reaal sweet, i cant wait for War Machine.

Wish theyd make an alternate last boss fight.. even though it probably wouldnt fit or work right or whatever... =D
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By dsplayer1010

Glad I held back on the maps then.

SuperDrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SuperDrew

Consider me interested, War Machine was one of my favourite maps from the first.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By natetodamax

Wait, do you get all of that for just $20? Dude, what....

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Matfei90

I'm so annoyed this disc isn't coming to Australia, forcing us to pay $52.60 AUD via seperate XBLM downloads as compared to a $33 AUD retail disc (Converting from the US $20, but I'd expect it to be maybe a little higher, but no way adding almost 20 bucks ontop).

Here's hoping they change their mind, I'd grab these things in a heartbeat if I didn't feel like I was being taken for a ride.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BBQBram

Good deal for me since I haven't bought the other DLC. It doesn't include the Flashback map pack though does it? Since that was more of a marketing ploy to discourage people from picking up a used copy. I have barely touched the Gears 2 multiplayer so maybe I'll pick this up and drop in.

BTW, that picture of Marcus and Dom in the Theron armor looks pretty ridiculous, but the 'stealth' section could be fun.

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crixaliz

Yeah it includes the Flashback maps aswell

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.