So why cant this come to the ps3

#1 Posted by kashif (6 posts) -
  • this topic is made as a response to the why cant this come to the 360 topics in the mgs4 forums
  • I wouldn't mind if it did but i dont feel entitled to it the way 360 owners felt entightled to mgs
#2 Edited by Fr0Br0 (3090 posts) -

Because Young Clifford wants to put a lancer in the PS3's back.

#3 Posted by Captain_Insano (1535 posts) -

I think because the Metal Gear series has appeared on a variety of platforms in the past, some players who deviated from Nintendo over to Xbox360 feel that MGS, like Final Fantasy, could eventually come to the 360. Gears of War on the other hand, has begun its life as a Microsoft exclusive and has never been anything but this. I would like MGS4 on the 360 but I don't ever expect to see it happen.

#4 Posted by LiquidPrince (15908 posts) -

Because it's published by Microsoft, Maybe we can see a Gears of War Sigma in the far off future.

#5 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -
Fr0Br0 said:
"Because Young Clifford wants to put and lancer in the PS3's back."

#6 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Reasons why Gears 2 will not come to the PS3:

• It's published by Microsoft
  • CliffyB doesn't like the PS3
  • Just, no.

Reasons why MSG4 could come to 360:
  • Konami, not Sony owns it.
  • President of Konami expresses interest.
  • 360 has a larger userbase at this point.

I'm just being realistic.
#7 Posted by efrucht (639 posts) -

Gears is a MS only franchise, just like Halo.

#8 Posted by Unreal_dro (277 posts) -

Cliffy Doesnt like the Ps3

MS published it
#9 Posted by OneEyedNinja7 (797 posts) -

For one thing, the MGS franchise has never been  totally EXCLUSIVE to the Sony consoles (even though MGS is most commonly associated with Sony). For example, Nintendo got Twin Snakes and Xbox got MGS2: Substance. On the other hand, Epic is pretty firm about keeping Gears on the 360 and Microsoft has the paycheck to keep it that way.

#10 Posted by LiquidPrince (15908 posts) -
systech said:
"Reasons why MSG4 could come to 360:

I'm just being realistic."
Not possible. There are two many things that either directly or indirectly talk about the PS3 or other things. It's possible a METAL GEAR will come, but SOLID is impossible.

#11 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -

two words... exclusivity cash

#12 Posted by PufferFiz (1379 posts) -

1. Cliffy said he hates the controller CONTROLLER
2. Microsoft owns the IP

#13 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

It's published by Microsoft. Even if the contract is for 3 games only, Microsoft will sign a new contract to a re-license, if more than 3 games in the franchise are to be made. Microsoft would not let go of Gears.

#14 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -
PufferFiz said:
"1. Cliffy said he hates the controller CONTROLLER
2. Microsoft owns the IP"
#15 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

Sony has the LBP IP, Resistance IP, Gran Turismo IP... but its ok, you guys can keep them :P, i'll keep my gears and halo :) xoxo

#16 Posted by siLVUR (114 posts) -

Because if it did, the world would explode.

#17 Posted by mandeponium (275 posts) -
PufferFiz said:
I hate the controller too! Those stupid marshmallow triggers.
#18 Edited by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Well,

1. Because you touch yourself at night.
2. because competition in the long run is good.

#19 Posted by PufferFiz (1379 posts) -
mandeponium said:
"PufferFiz said:
I hate the controller too! Those stupid marshmallow triggers."
well i said that because people were assuming that since he hate the controllers he hates the console.
#20 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Because Unreal Engine games have a history of running badly on the PS TRIPPLE

#21 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Because MS published it.
So there.

#22 Posted by pause422 (6179 posts) -
keyhunter said:
"Because Unreal Engine games have a history of running badly on the PS TRIPPLE"
That's another reason, it just generally doesn't work as well on the system, but Microsoft would never let Gears go, its their new Halo. So no, there is no chance of it happening. MGS on the other hand is a problem of space first I'd say, and just time in the long run, so there is a much more possible chance of it happening on the 360, its just unlikely.
#23 Posted by Gameboi (653 posts) -
#24 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -

Gears of War 2 is published by Microsoft. HOWEVER, Microsoft does not own the rights to the Gears franchise and Epic only has a two game deal with Microsoft. So, we could potentially see Gears 3 on the PS3.

Of course, if you haven't played Gears 1 or 2, why would you want to play 3?

#25 Posted by pause422 (6179 posts) -

Microsoft will probably just sign another several year deal after that, or buy the franchise rights after this though, because Gears 3 is 100% coming of course, and this just like halo, is one of their big boys that makes them a lot of money. They aren't going to let it go, so I would say its chances of hitting the PS3 are very nonexistent.

#26 Posted by William (441 posts) -

Because he touches you at night.

#27 Posted by Nobler (52 posts) -
#28 Posted by Duke_Lion (221 posts) -

The shoulder buttons are mushy lolololol.

#29 Posted by Vecta (167 posts) -
AndrewGaspar said:
"Gears of War 2 is published by Microsoft. HOWEVER, Microsoft does not own the rights to the Gears franchise and Epic only has a two game deal with Microsoft. So, we could potentially see Gears 3 on the PS3.

Of course, if you haven't played Gears 1 or 2, why would you want to play 3?"
Yes and I'm sure you got this information directly from Epic or MS and not some analyst that just assumes that Microsoft only has a 2 game deal.

Seriously this comes up a lot and not one person can point towards conclusive evidence that it is fact, I mean wikipedia even says that the franchise is owned by Microsoft but then Wikipedia isn't exactly a reliable source.
#30 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -

"Reasons why MSG4 could come to 360:

I'm just being realistic."

And, if I'm not mistaken, Mr. Kojima doesn't think the 360 could handle MGS4, and/or has an irrevocable love for the PS3

#31 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

It'll never come to the PS3, but that doesn't make trying to convince jerks on Home that it will any less fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.