Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

Rumour: Zombies to be in GTA IV DLC?

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

OK I've marked this as a rumour for good reason and so has Joystiq.

Aparently there are signs apearing on Rockstar's Social Club (didn't see them myself)  that seem to imply that there is a contagious disease in Libery City.  Joystiq has gone ahead and made the jump that it could involve zombies somehow.  That would kinda explain the Zombie character unlock for the multiplayer modes.  Personally I think jumping to the conclusion that it's zombie related could be premature but I think that a zombie outbreak would be the only interesting DLC they could make at the moment.  GTA IV got boring fast.
    HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HazBazz

"Niiiko... IIIII'm your couuuusin... Braaaaiiins...."

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By albedos_shadow

I could see it being some sort of contagious dusease outbreak, but zombies? I hope not.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush

This would be crazy if it happened...though what's with everyone's zombie love all of a sudden. Zombies are everywhere right now!

IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Don't you think that would be interesting though?  A huge detailed open worl like that and they waste it on a story mode that really trails off about half way through.

I think a huge zombie outbreak could be very interesting, trying to escape the city with the army shooting down any helicopters that attempt to escape.  The streets filled with zombies and only a few humans left which you can help or use as bait.  Would be much more interesting than the bowling mini-game anyhow
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By get2sammyb

lol it would be kinda awesome but wouldn't really fit in with GTAIV's almost-realistic kinda vibe.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By pause422

Sr2 has a mini game called Zombie Uprising in it..I wouldn't be surprised if GTA tried to ake something like that, however the world just wouldn't fit it. If they did that, they might as well have crazy weapons and jetpacks, parachutes, UFOs for download as well.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZeroCast
    IncredibleBulk92 said:
    I think a huge zombie outbreak could be very interesting, trying to escape the city with the army shooting down any helicopters that attempt to escape.  The streets filled with zombies and only a few humans left which you can help or use as bait.  Would be much more interesting than the bowling mini-game anyhow"
    I disagree,zombies won't be a good addition in my opinion ,what's so interesting about a city full of dead people? You won't be able to do a thing, this could only happen if R* wants to totally change the story and give it a wried twist which doesn't seem right;with all the seriousness of GTA IV.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By clubsandwich

funny, Saints Row 2 has a zombie mini game as well, I wonder what the gta fanboys will say now.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Pibo47

I would buy this game again, if it had zombies. I LOVE the zombie game mode in SR2 (one of my fav games). ANd i think it would rock in GTA4, zombies on a LARGE scale. Sweet.

IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

You misunderstand Zero, I'm not suggesting they integrate it into the storyline.  I'm suggesting a whole new storyline, maybe Nico arives at the dock to find it empty and finds the city infested with zombies.  I don't know, I got bored of the GTA IV storyline, it was good for a few hours but after the irish family fade away its gets bad fast.  Its probably a bit unrealistic to expect them to basically make a whole new game but hell, I'd buy that.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ryanwho

Zombies and superpowers make me give a shit about GTA IV mutliplayer.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pibo47
    IncredibleBulk92 said:
    "You misunderstand Zero, I'm not suggesting they integrate it into the storyline.  I'm suggesting a whole new storyline, maybe Nico arives at the dock to find it empty and finds the city infested with zombies.  I don't know, I got bored of the GTA IV storyline, it was good for a few hours but after the irish family fade away its gets bad fast.  Its probably a bit unrealistic to expect them to basically make a whole new game but hell, I'd buy that."
    I would not buy that. I just want it to be a nice little side gamemode thingy....yeah...
    ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ZeroCast

Oh i got your point Bulk ,to tell you the truth I have been playing the game for a while now and it's everything i expected from a GTA game, i guess some people didn't like the new setting and missed some of the stuff old games had, like weightlifting for example.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Emilio

I would love to play a zombie survival mode with the game. Either single player or multi, I wouldn't care.

Sigh... I need Dead Rising.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BiggerBomb

No, please keep this out of GTA IV. The story and tone of the game are the most resounding features, to add zombies to the game would just mess things up.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pibo47
    BiggerBomb said:
    "No, please keep this out of GTA IV. The story and tone of the game are the most resounding features, to add zombies to the game would just mess things up."
    I think they keep out all of the zombie story stuff, but i say the add it as a MP mode, or some form of co-op deal.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Pibo47 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "No, please keep this out of GTA IV. The story and tone of the game are the most resounding features, to add zombies to the game would just mess things up."
    I think they keep out all of the zombie story stuff, but i say the add it as a MP mode, or some form of co-op deal."

I don't see how they would do that, but that could be fun.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I definitely hope not. No need to muck up a perfectly good, serious game with zombies. If it was like an optional code you could input, okay, fine, it might be fun as long as it's nothing that's going to jack up the more realistic tone of GTAIV.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By fr0br0

"Hey Niko, it's your cousin, want to go out and get some big American...brains..."

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BiggerBomb
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "I definitely hope not. No need to muck up a perfectly good, serious game with zombies. If it was like an optional code you could input, okay, fine, it might be fun as long as it's nothing that's going to jack up the more realistic tone of GTAIV."
    Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Did any of you actually bother to go onto the Rockstar Social Club site???

It says it's just a feature of the site. If you have the "Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie" achievement you get the zombie skin for multiplayer. It's just a little experiment type deal with the viral achievement....nothing to go crazy about.

commodore64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By commodore64

A GTA4 mod based on I AM Legend would rock.  Make the zombie players be able to climb buildings and shit.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pibo47
    commodore64 said:
    "A GTA4 mod based on I AM Legend would rock.  Make the zombie players be able to climb buildings and shit."
    OMG! If someone does that.....i am buying GTAIV period. Only if though. And thats the PC version......onliy if...
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#25  Edited By dsplayer1010

I'm just trying to figure out how it work. Would it be an extension of NIko's story arc, or new characters, or a new world, or a multi player mode, etc. It has me very curious.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.