Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

The best game ever is now set to become the best anime ever

• 97 results
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By atejas

http://kotaku.com/5320898/details-about-halo-anime

Microsoft is teaming with five productions houses for a series of seven short films called Halo Legends, reports the Los Angeles Times. The five production houses are some of the biggest names in the industry:

Bones, Casio Entertainment, Production I.G., Studio4 C, and Toei Animation.

The creative director overseeing the production is Shinji Aramaki, director of Appleseed and Appleseed Ex Machina. Microsoft has also roped in Warner Bros. to distribute Halo Legends on DVD and via digital platforms early next year.

No Caption Provided

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I think this sounds really cool.  I'll laugh if Sony does something like this with Killzone.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By buzz_clik

This is a very, very, very good idea.

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Time_Lord
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    " I think this sounds really cool.  I'll laugh if Sony does something like this with Killzone. "
    A Killzone anime would kick ass, to bad anime is fucking gay, along with Halo which is extremely homosexual. "
    And what do you have against gays you homophobe ?
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By End_Boss
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    " I think this sounds really cool.  I'll laugh if Sony does something like this with Killzone. "
    A Killzone anime would kick ass, to bad anime is fucking gay, along with Halo which is extremely homosexual. "
    You're silly. There's not much about Halo that's homosexual, and the fact that you don't enjoy anime (neither do I, for the record) doesn't make it "fucking gay."
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Diamond

Crazy getting all those big studios behind it and everything.  Is this another '360 JRPG'-like push to market 360 in Japan?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Time_Lord said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    And what do you have against gays you homophobe ? "
    Are you hitting on me?

@End_Boss said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    You're silly. There's not much about Halo that's homosexual, and the fact that you don't enjoy anime (neither do I, for the record) doesn't make it "fucking gay." "
    Your hitting on me to?

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By End_Boss
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @Time_Lord said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    Are you hitting on me?

@End_Boss said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    You're silly. There's not much about Halo that's homosexual, and the fact that you don't enjoy anime (neither do I, for the record) doesn't make it "fucking gay." "
    Your hitting on me to? "
    Don't flatter yourself, sweetheart.
    Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Time_Lord
    @Bucketdeth:
    Clearly the world is hitting on you
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By AgentJ

I'll say I'm intrigued. I'm interested to see what they do with Halo. However, they better upgrade the story over what we were getting from the games, or it wont be worth much. 

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By fr0br0

This may turn out to be a VERY bad ass anime indeed.

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Time_Lord
    @Diamond said:
    " Crazy getting all those big studios behind it and everything.  Is this another '360 JRPG'-like push to market 360 in Japan? "
    Hopefully this does better than that push did. The only recent JRPG I have liked was Persona 4 (Thanks Endurance Run) but a Halo anime would be sweet.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By PureRok
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @Time_Lord said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    Are you hitting on me?

@End_Boss said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    Your hitting on me to? "
    They're not, but I'll hit you... with my fist.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @PureRok said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @Time_Lord said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    Are you hitting on me?

@End_Boss said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    Your hitting on me to? "
    They're not, but I'll hit you... with my fist. "
    Kanji is that you?
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PureRok
    @JeffGoldblum: I don't know who Kanji is. Sorry if I missed a joke.

I was hopeful, until I saw that the director was the guy who directed Apple Seed (a horrible piece of trash).

I also disagree with the title immensely.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By vidiot

I hope the different production houses don't have radically different art styles. I would like to see some artistic continuity.
    The manner of the small "animated short films" collection that Matrix and Dark Knight spawned were pretty cool, but at the same time I felt had incredibly varying degree's of quality that were more apparent due to the different directors/studios nature of the products.

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Radar

Uh, ok.. sure? The amount of milking this franchise is getting is ridiculous. This is almost to Star Wars levels of sucking it dry (At least Lucas did it throughout 30 years, not cramming it into 8.)  Just waiting for the Halo breakfast cereal now to go with my Halo Mountain Dew.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

This is very interesting and could actually work really well as an anime, I mean they pulled off the Halo comics. The only thing that worries me is a lack of involvement from Bungie, I feel that they are the ones who really give Halo its heart and soul.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ArchScabby

this might make me actually watch an anime.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zereta

Begun, the future of Halo has.

This is what Halo has become. I've been looking around and there isn't much complaining regarding this. Halo is much more than a game series. Its an entertainment tool. As part of the contract, Bungie will be done with Halo after ODST and Reach. Microsoft has taken over and like Jeff put it, Microsoft isn't fucking around with Halo.

This probably is just the first of many things to come and I'm quite sure this is a step in the right direction. Though 343 is probably working on something else, probably game related... It makes me wonder... Could this be what Halo: Chronicles turned into? Because, that never sounded like an actual game.
    Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Carlos1408

Hmmm... I'm slightly intruiged we shall see....

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22  Edited By zyn

I don't know how well Halo is going to work as an Anime.  I heard of bad reviews with the Devil May Cry Anime.  But we'll see.

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nexas

I'm gonna buy this on Blueray for ironies sake.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By eric_buck

As long as Halo Anime The Game JRPG crap doesn't start coming out.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By damswedon
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Linkyshinks

When I saw the title I thought Microsoft were trying to lure Japanese fans to the franchise, which would have been lame.

Good for fans I suppose...

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zereta

I was hoping for a Halo game though, but I guess, anything Halo related with Frankie's work is worth my time.

Zandy1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zandy1123

I dont really see how this is going to be a good idea, and why everyone is so for it. For those of you that watch anime, myself included, let me ask you one thing. What makes a good anime, ones like One Piece, Bleach, etc? For those of you that dont really like anime let me fill you in. Its a wide selection of characters, and large amounts of growth from each of the characters. And while Halo has the possiblity to do this (by not focusing on master chief) the series will also hurt itself by going away from master chief.  For 343 studios it really is a lose lose situation. Also no other video game to tv show addaption has even been decent. (see Street Fighter and Viva Pinata).

Halo is an epic game, filled with epicness, but it lacks a little in the character department. I hope it works, but i really doubt it. 
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zereta
    @Zandy1123 said:
    " I dont really see how this is going to be a good idea, and why everyone is so for it. For those of you that watch anime, myself included, let me ask you one thing. What makes a good anime, ones like One Piece, Bleach, etc? For those of you that dont really like anime let me fill you in. Its a wide selection of characters, and large amounts of growth from each of the characters. And while Halo has the possiblity to do this (by not focusing on master chief) the series will also hurt itself by going away from master chief.  For 343 studios it really is a lose lose situation. Also no other video game to tv show addaption has even been decent. (see Street Fighter and Viva Pinata).

Halo is an epic game, filled with epicness, but it lacks a little in the character department. I hope it works, but i really doubt it. 
    "
    You have to remember that even with the Halo Trilogy, Bungie has worked with other mediums to expand the Halo Universe in multiple ways. That's the thing. The misconception is that Halo is only Halo with Master Chief. Yet, brilliant pieces of work like the novels are getting recognized because they offer insight into the Halo Universe.

This probably will do the same. It will be key to finally changing the misconception that Halo needs Master Chief. This is where Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach come in as well.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By crunchUK

LOL they got one thing i love and one thing i hate and combined it together

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31  Edited By Cerza
    @Zandy1123 said:
    " Also no other video game to tv show addaption has even been decent. (see Street Fighter and Viva Pinata).  "
    Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien and Fate Stay Night broth prove this to be untrue, because both were video games before they were TV series. As a general rule though, you are right. Video games don't usually translate well into other mediums. Have faith, Studio4 C and Production I.G. are involved in this and they are probably the best two production houses out there Anime wise.
    nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nexas
    @crunchUK said:
    " LOL they got one thing i love and one thing i hate and combined it together "
    Dude you shouldn't hate Halo its not that bad of a game.
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I could be remotely interested in this. After all, I don't think it sounds like that bad of an idea.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By VWGTI

Might be interesting.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Akeldama
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    this exactly. 
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By Brendan

@Radar said:

"Uh, ok.. sure? The amount of milking this franchise is getting is ridiculous. This is almost to Star Wars levels of sucking it dry (At least Lucas did it throughout 30 years, not cramming it into 8.)  Just waiting for the Halo breakfast cereal now to go with my Halo Mountain Dew."

There better be a Halo breakfast cereal, so I have something to soak up the Halo Mountain Dew in my bowl. ;)

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Karmum
    @Nexas said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    "
    You don't understand, crunchUK loves Halo, and obviously if he loves Halo, he dislikes anime.

For me, I hate both Halo and anime, so this sounds pretty silly to me. This will sell a ton of DVDs/BRs, though.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#38  Edited By ArbitraryWater

This is good, I guess. However, for Halo to work as an Anime, it has to be completely over the top and crazy action all the time while simultaneously spouting off pseudo-philisophical garbage (which the series already has) and then end in an incomprehensible manner.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By crunchUK
    @Nexas said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    "
    I thought it was obvious from my avatar...
    nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By nexas
    @crunchUK said:
    " @Nexas said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    "
    I thought it was obvious from my avatar... "
    It was, but my joke wasn't :(
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I can't wait too play the halo anime bluray on my ps3....will it explode?

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PowerSerj
    @WilliamRLBaker: There's nothing on the blu-ray but one line of code to set off the PS3's little known self-destruct sequence.
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Seedofpower
    @PureRok said:
    "@Bucketdeth said:
    " @Time_Lord said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    Are you hitting on me?

@End_Boss said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    Your hitting on me to? "
    They're not, but I'll hit you... with my fist."

Hahahahaha...

@End_Boss said:
    "@Bucketdeth said:
    " @Time_Lord said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    Are you hitting on me?

@End_Boss said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    Your hitting on me to? "
    Don't flatter yourself, sweetheart."

hahahahaha.....

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kazona
    @Zereta said:
    " @Zandy1123 said:
    " I dont really see how this is going to be a good idea, and why everyone is so for it. For those of you that watch anime, myself included, let me ask you one thing. What makes a good anime, ones like One Piece, Bleach, etc? For those of you that dont really like anime let me fill you in. Its a wide selection of characters, and large amounts of growth from each of the characters. And while Halo has the possiblity to do this (by not focusing on master chief) the series will also hurt itself by going away from master chief.  For 343 studios it really is a lose lose situation. Also no other video game to tv show addaption has even been decent. (see Street Fighter and Viva Pinata).

"
    You have to remember that even with the Halo Trilogy, Bungie has worked with other mediums to expand the Halo Universe in multiple ways. That's the thing. The misconception is that Halo is only Halo with Master Chief. Yet, brilliant pieces of work like the novels are getting recognized because they offer insight into the Halo Universe.

This probably will do the same. It will be key to finally changing the misconception that Halo needs Master Chief. This is where Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach come in as well.
    "
    I'm not sure anything will ever completely change that notion. I think for some (if not a lot) people Halo and Master Chief will always be something that belongs together. I for one know that there is more to that universe than that, but I'm also someone who's not really interested in something regarding Halo unless it involves him. (e.g. I haven't been excited about anything Halo related since Halo 3)
    MetalR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MetalR

Why was this the best game ever again?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By crunchUK
    @Nexas said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @Nexas said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    "
    "
    if it was a joke it wasnt funny sorry :P
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mordukai

Looks interesting. Personally I am kinda getting sick of this whole halo craze with ODST and Reach and now this. I think Halo needs to take some time off. 

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PowerSerj
    @crunchUK said:
    " @Nexas said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @Nexas said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    "
    "
    if it was a joke it wasnt funny sorry :P "
    As I didn't joke-fail, it didn't go unappreciated Nexas ;)
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Nasar7

I just want to hear MC's Japanese voice,

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By trophyhunter

no thank you on the game or the show

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.