Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The electric superhuman, Cole MacGrath, returns in the sequel to 2009's open world superhero third-person action game from Sucker Punch, featuring new graphics, a new city, and new powers.

inFAMOUS 2 Confirmed

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael
    Sony just registered the site "inFamous2TheGame.com", which pretty much confirms the sequel's existence. I think we can expect an official announcement in the near future (probably at E3). 

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty stoked about this. The first game was great, but a little rough around the edges; with some polish, I think the sequel could be fantastic.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Shame about Cole losing his original voice actor. 
    But ah wells. Still plenty pumped for a sequel!
    turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By turboman

there had to be a sequal after the end of the first game... I'm interested to see what happens to the setting in the sequel, and if they can make it worthy of a sequel.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By emkeighcameron

I don't even have a PS3 and I'm still stoked for it.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

Considering how the first one fared I'm not really surprised that they're making a sequel. But hey, that's a great thing. I'm interested to see how the story pans out too whilst improving the mechanics from the last one.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @Abyssfull said:
    " Shame about Cole losing his original voice actor. But ah wells. Still plenty pumped for a sequel! "
    Kinda sucks but he was pretty generic, doesn't seem like he'd be particularly tough to replace.

Oh, and yeah, like you guys... I'm pretty pumped for a sequel.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By FunExplosions
    Awesome. Everyone had a good idea this was coming, but it's good to know that it's on the way now.

Because I have to, I'll add that I platinumed it twice.

@ProfessorEss said:

" @Abyssfull said:

" Shame about Cole losing his original voice actor. But ah wells. Still plenty pumped for a sequel! "
    Kinda sucks but he was pretty generic, doesn't seem like he'd be particularly tough to replace.  Oh, and yeah, like you guys... I'm pretty pumped for a sequel. "
    Hah. For once I don't care about a character's voice. His voice kinda irritated me in the first one, and he seemed to read some lines in the wrong context.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By NTM

I was pretty sure the game was going to come out anyways. Cole losing his voice is a bummer, but I guess for the characters age I hear, it doesn't make sense to have it so raspy.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pibo47

WOOT! I loved the 1st game. Awhhhh it was good!

AndrooD2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By AndrooD2

Shocking!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Yummylee
    @ProfessorEss:
    I know yeah. But even still, he done a decent performance. And it's always a shame to have a voice actor alteration through sequels since it can change the characters perception. 

Sort of like with Wesker. He was primarily voiced by Richard Waugh and even though D.C Douglas done an alright job for RE5, I would of still much prefered he stick to his longtime VA.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jimbo
    @AndrooD2 said:
    " Shocking! "
    *high fives!*
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Gabriel

I want time travel powers, think of a superhero game with Braid's fast forward and rewind feature, kinda like the Sands of Time but better.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @Jimbo said:
    " @AndrooD2 said:
    " Shocking! "
    *high fives!* "
    Yes. Very nicely done indeed.
    Soulglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Soulglove

Who said the main character was going to be Cole? I personally would want to play as the character, the villain, from the alternate timeline, so we could see him struggle with his story before traveling to Cole's reality. He had different powers overall, too. Would be nice to play with a different set of powers instead of all or most of the old ones.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nanikore

Fuck yes.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Griddler

Well it was pretty much a given already but I'm still psyched, I am especially excited to see what they can do with the hardware this time around with the experience they will have gained developing inFAMOUS.
    Not to mention where they take the story considering how epic the first game's story is.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By spaceturtle

I actually never got to play the original. I know, shame on me... But I played the hell out of that demo! G'zuz christ, I think I actually spent a couple of hours with only the demo. It's quite extraordinary I havent been able to get out and buy the full game yet. Well, a friend of mine has it, perhaps I can borrow it from him.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Icemael
    @Soulglove said:
    " Who said the main character was going to be Cole? I personally would want to play as the character, the villain, from the alternate timeline, so we could see him struggle with his story before traveling to Cole's reality. He had different powers overall, too. Would be nice to play with a different set of powers instead of all or most of the old ones. "
    Well, the villain was really 
    , so...
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Deusoma

Personally, the only thing I absolutely need to see in this game is the title "inFamous 2: Electric Boogaloo."

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By xyzygy

Cool! I bought the original expecting a deeper game, but it's still a pretty fun game to pick up and play for a bit. The only real thing I think they could improve upon is making the open world feel more open (I felt that inFamous had one of the worst open worlds I've seen in games) and no technical hiccups like the first one had. The game feels really good to play though. I just wish there was more to it.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @Soulglove said:
    " Who said the main character was going to be Cole? I personally would want to play as the character, the villain, from the alternate timeline, so we could see him struggle with his story before traveling to Cole's reality. He had different powers overall, too. Would be nice to play with a different set of powers instead of all or most of the old ones. "
    That would be cool.

Even if it wasn't an alternate time line or another character already in the Infamous 1 story a completely different story about a new character who was affected by the blast somewhere else in the city would be a very cool idea.

I agree that a completely different power set would be one of the best changes that they could make as far as keepin it fresh goes.
    lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lego_my_eggo

the only major problem i had with the first game was the good and bad choices. hopefully they fix that or just use your inFAMOUS save and set your powers that way and show me how it effected the world in the game. based on how the first game ended i would hope my actions from the first game effect my powers.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By Marz

hmm still haven't played the first game... it got lost with all the great ps3 titles i played last year.  Maybe i'll find one on discount somewhere.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Icemael
    @Lego_My_Eggo said:
    "hopefully they fix that or just use your inFAMOUS save and set your powers that way and show me how it effected the world in the game."
    Seconded. I want to see some Mass Effect 2 shit.

"Hey, remember me? I'm generic pedestrian #245. You accidentally electrocuted me back when you were doing one of the early missions in the first game, and you didn't bother to heal me. It took me weeks to recover, and since I couldn't protect my family while I was injured, they got murdered by thugs. Thugs that fled to our apartment after you had attacked them. I dedicated my life to revenge and built this awesome, lightning-proof mechanical armor. It's payback time."
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Yummylee
    @Icemael said:
    " @Lego_My_Eggo said:
    "hopefully they fix that or just use your inFAMOUS save and set your powers that way and show me how it effected the world in the game."

"Hey, remember me? I'm generic pedestrian #245. You accidentally electrocuted me back when you were doing one of the early missions in the first game, and you didn't bother to heal me. It took me weeks to recover, and since I couldn't protect my family while I was injured, they got murdered by thugs. Thugs that fled to our apartment after you had attacked them. I dedicated my life to revenge and built this awesome, lightning-proof mechanical armor. It's payback time." "

lmao!
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By Snail

Can't wait for more info on this game.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By JoelTGM

Awesome! 

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lego_my_eggo
    @Icemael said:
    " @Lego_My_Eggo said:

"Hey, remember me? I'm generic pedestrian #245. You accidentally electrocuted me back when you were doing one of the early missions in the first game, and you didn't bother to heal me. It took me weeks to recover, and since I couldn't protect my family while I was injured, they got murdered by thugs. Thugs that fled to our apartment after you had attacked them. I dedicated my life to revenge and built this awesome, lightning-proof mechanical armor. It's payback time." "
    they just need to make the moral choices actually effect the world other then it being shallow and everyone just gets pissed and starts tossing rocks. the citizens getting mad and fighting back was good but there needs to be more to it. if i made another person turn off the black ooze there should be a few extra boss fights or if i stole the food i can see the negative effect on the citizens. and give me choices that make you think rather then have cole stand there and spell out the choices.

and the two endings implied that being good made you weak and being evil made you strong. i would like to see that somehow come into play.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By jakob187

But here's the real question: 

Is Nolan North confirmed to do the voice acting for Cole?  o.O

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By OmegaPirate

After how the first one ended - im so totally up for a sequel 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Yummylee
    @OmegaPirate:
    What did suck at the end though, was when playing as evil Cole,
    the relationship you sorta had going with Sasha never panned out. With that said, they definatley need some sort of import feature like others have mentioned.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ryax
    @TurboMan said:
    " there had to be a sequal after the end of the first game... I'm interested to see what happens to the setting in the sequel, and if they can make it worthy of a sequel. "
    this
    s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By s7evn

I've been anticipating this game since I finished the first. That ending made me want so much more

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @Abyssfull: That's true 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Yummylee

@OmegaPirate:
    lol..man...reading through your laundry list there, made me realise just how long it's been since I've played inFAMOUS O.O

Might go back to it soon. Still need to get a few bronzes outa the way for the platinum.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.