Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 24, 2000

One of the most legendary crossover fighting game series is thrown into high gear with a whopping 56-character roster and new three-on-three tag-team gameplay.

What People Have Messaged You After Losing

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_A_Drain

Everyones got a story about a sore loser online, so hows about some MvC2 ones?

Thankfully i've only had one so far out of about 30+ matches which is a good ratio, usually I get like 3 out of 5 people on HD Remix sending me vulgar messages.

Guy picked Wolverine, Cable and Magneto, I wouldn't let his Magneto in for the combos and kept pushing him back with Juggernaught while flooding the screen with Doom like I normally do, almost had him beat and I got my first disconnect on MvC2 shortly followed by a message "Spam more cheap moves asshole" I replied telling him he should learn to play, and that 'cheap' was rich coming from someone using magneto. I was in return called a faggot :P

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By L33tfella_H
    @The_A_Drain said:
    I got my first disconnect on MvC2 shortly followed by a message "Spam more cheap moves asshole" I replied telling him he should learn to play, and that 'cheap' was rich coming from someone using magneto. I was in return called a faggot :P
    Good Times
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ArchScabby
    @L33tfella_H: Wow, I can't believe someone said that to you!  I mean Good Times?  Holy Shit!!
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By L33tfella_H
    @ArchScabby said:
    " @L33tfella_H: Wow, I can't believe someone said that to you!  I mean Good Times?  Holy Shit!! "
    lol, i've actually had decent people message me after losing..but i've had the occasional frenchman calling me a no-talent hack.
    Asembo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Asembo

There was once this weird pedophile who started sending me messages saying he was a 19-year-old girl, who wants to see my pictures. He kept sending these messages, until I replied saying that I'm uploading a video to youtube showing his gamertag and his messages. Didn't hear from him after that, he probably blocked communications.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By metal_mills

I was told I need to "gtfo and go back to viva pinata" for spamming moves. Funny thing was he just used Cable and did the same 2 moves over and over.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Ish

I like playing sniper on COD4 pub servers.

After killing someone in Search and Destroy 3 seconds after the round starts I usually get statements like these:

"Get a real kill, asshole"

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @Metal_Mills said:
    "I was told I need to "gtfo and go back to viva pinata" for spamming moves. Funny thing was he just used Cable and did the same 2 moves over and over."

Yeah I just had some asshole playing wolverine, cable and iron man spamming fireballs all match, just as I was doing, except much better than him (I almost perfected him)

He disconnects and I send him the obligatory "Nice disconnect, loser" I send everybody who disconnects on me, in return I get "lol faggot u shud lrn 2 play, jumping up and down like a noob u gay!" so I tell him he needs to learn the importance of controlling space in 2d fighters and that expecting me to simply stand there and get beat up was fucking stupid. He then calls me every name under the sun and tells me I probably just picked up a pad for the first time in my life. I told him I was using an SFIV TE Fightstick.

No reply after that lol, priceless.

I had some other guy ragging on me for "spamming cheap dumbass lazers!" when all he was doing was literally walking towards me trying to get into melee range... lol.
    Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Druminator

The only real vulgar message I've ever gotten was during Halo some kid sent me a pic of his little pecker. I think he was flirting with me or something. Other than that it's the usual "gay" "faggot" "n****r" all those meaningless cut downs. It's funny cause I don't even use my mic online.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @Druminator:

Yeah same, I never use a mic I don't even want to imagine the vulgarity that takes place during an average FPS match.
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By AndrewJD
    @The_A_Drain said:
    He disconnects and I send him the obligatory "Nice disconnect, loser" I send everybody who disconnects on me.

That probably didn't help matters.....
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @mubress said:
    "@The_A_Drain said:
    He disconnects and I send him the obligatory "Nice disconnect, loser" I send everybody who disconnects on me.
    That probably didn't help matters....."

Hey, I send it to everyone who disconnects, not man enough to take the loss, don't fucking play ranked.

That and I love these hilarious insult trains, they brighten my day :)
    Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By MasturbatingBear

I usually dont use my mic but i heard stuff coming out of my t.v so i put it on. He was just saying good game. Nothing rude on the mics but i got a d/c in my first ranked match. Thank god it counts as a win at least.

Shermanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shermanator

God, i hate people

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By clubsandwich

man, I love it when I get trolled on XBL, one time when I was playing GeoW2 I was playing guardian and everyone in my team was dead, and the oother team had everyone alive, so I killed their leader and then the massacre began, killed the other 4 guys and all of a sudden they started screaming and telling me things like "mexicans can't play gears faggot, you stupid hacker" "fucking beaner" amongst other insults, so at the final round me and my friends humped the last guy for the lulz and the insults, I just love it when I get insulted because that make my victories even more satisfactory. :D

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By apathylad

No angry messages yet...on Marvel vs. Capcom 2 anyway. I did get a couple of compliments on Street Fighter IV when I would beat people up with Dan.

spaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By spaded
    @Apathylad:  i love playing as dan, is always go st8 to dan and select him, would always her the ones with makes go " what the fuck dan,, noob" then i would  kick there ass

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By dethfish

I don't usually get messages after winning (because I don't win very much) but a lot of times after I put up a good fight and lose I get messages from the winner saying good game or something along those lines. Makes me think everyone on XBL isn't completely horrible.

The only time I win a lot and get messaged afterwards is Guitar Hero and even on that I only remember getting a negative message once which said something like "Fucking cheater". Most of the time I just get friend requests or messages telling me how good I am. Pfft, I already know how good I am.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By JJOR64

I haven't gotten in messages yet but, I've had one rage quitter so far.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By turbomonkey138

Ive not one yet as i seem to always get paired up with really good players

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Coltonio7

I beat a dude last night and he said he'd like to "Give me a backrub".

Is that bad?
    Doubt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Doubt
    @Coltonio7 said:
    " I beat a dude last night and he said he'd like to "Give me a backrub".

Is that bad?
    "
    no, thats an invitation to a goooood time.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @Coltonio7 said:
    " I beat a dude last night and he said he'd like to "Give me a backrub".

Is that bad?
    "
    Backrubs are never bad.
    KME93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KME93
    @sidescroller:
    Same here no matter what fighting game i always say good game except to spammers but only for people who actually try using the combos right
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Red

Most of the time I get dissed for being bad in team games.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @KME93 said:
    "@sidescroller: Same here no matter what fighting game i always say good game except to spammers but only for people who actually try using the combos right "

Using them 'right' .... Methinks you need this link http://www.sirlin.net/ptw

There's no such thing as a 'right' way to use a tactic or mechanic, besides controlling space ('spamming' projectiles in an unpredictable manner to occupy a portion of the screen) is a widely documented tactic and if done properly gives a major tactical advantage. Sure people simply spamming won't know this, and will get their ass handed to them for not knowing how to make use of this tactic to press their advantage, but a lot of things often get mistaken for spamming when they are actually clever uses of your characters projectile optiont to limit your opponents options. Sometimes they are even pretty hard to pull off, such as a decent Ryu fireball trap, on the outside it simply looks like someone spamming fireballs, on the inside that person is carefuly alternating between the different speeds each time outguessing his opponent in order to keep them in blockstun and rack up a significant amount of chip damage.
    Ginger_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ginger_Avenger

The worst I've ever gotten is in UFC (Which has some terrible people) is when I submitted some people early in the fight they would send me a expletive filled message saying I used a turbo controller. I would also like to say that I had over 100 people quit on me in ranked matches on my route to 100 wins

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @Ginger_Avenger said:
    "The worst I've ever gotten is in UFC (Which has some terrible people) is when I submitted some people early in the fight they would send me a expletive filled message saying I used a turbo controller. I would also like to say that I had over 100 people quit on me in ranked matches on my route to 100 wins "

Ouch that's terrible.

Imo regardless of whether or not it counts as a loss for those people, if you disconnect it should ALWAYS count as a win for the other guy. If you're not going to do that, don't have ranked win achievements in your game :\
    Thankfully here it counts as a win for you, not sure if it counts as a loss for them.

I mean, I know people get disconnected through no fault of their own, but i've experienced that maybe 4 or 5 times in the entire time i've played my Xbox 360 online across all my games. I'm sure that the people getting legitimately disconnected won't mind taking a loss once in a blue moon to punish those who disconnect all the time.
    BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BradBrains
    @Red said:
    " Most of the time I get dissed for being bad in team games. "
    hhaha yup.

but half the reason i dont play online is becuse of bullshit like what has been described in this thread. i dont want people who only care about wins or bitch or disconnect when they dont get it.
    gmFROMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gmFROMAN

I had a good match with some dude, and I had no idea if he was upset or what because I got a message that said "Aha, Motherfucker"

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JokerClown88

I have had one really bad message directed at me.  The guys team was Blackheart, Sentinal, and Cable, and my team was Charlie, Captain America, and Ryu (completly even teams right?).  He kept spamming Blackhearts demon attacks and blocking.  Everytime he would jump into the air and do it, I would jump up as Ryu and super him.  I did the same thing for Sentinal when he brought him out.  Cable was easy because he only did the same moves over and over again.  I won the match and he called me a scrub.  I messaged him back with a ?.  He said that I suck at the game, and I said at least I dont resort t n00b tactics.  He laughed and challanged me to a rematch.  I beat him again and havnt heard from him sense.  

I'v also gotten a friggen hillarious message.  It was a player match and I was using Dan (my go to guy for player matches).  I was constantly taunting the other person and even got 2 full super taunts in.  The first one he just sat there and watched.  When I did it again he tried to hit me when I jumped at the last part of the taunt.  I jumped over his attack and finished the taunt then suicide attacked him.  He DCed after the fight, but sent me a message saying that it was the funniest fight he had ever played and thanked me for the good laugh.
    ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ImpendingFoil

In BlazBlue I would get a couple messages a day with all sorts of insults.  However my favorite one was a guy who sent me "U R A F A G G O T" spelling it out one letter at a time over the course of nine messages.
    mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mikeeegeee

I'm pretty good at GTAIV online, so after one complete thrashing, I was met with an inbox message that read:

"Fagmo."

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @ImpendingFoil said:
    "In BlazBlue I would get a couple messages a day with all sorts of insults.  However my favorite one was a guy who sent me "U R A F A G G O T" spelling it out one letter at a time over the course of nine messages. "

lol! That's pretty creative haha. 

I've just let my live gold expire (stupidly, before downloading the Arkham Asylam demo) so won't be getting anymore messages of this sort until i'm back at uni and have cash again.
    sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sickVisionz

I haven't gotten anything bad in MvC2 yet.  The only message i've received was, "my controller disconnected."

I play the Naruto 360 games and those are more like the experiences you guys are describing.  About 20% of matches that i'm clearly going to win end in disconnects.  And all I get is messages that about being a noob because I block.  People do the tea bag motion all throughout the match and if you come back or beat them, those end in disconnects like 80% of the time.

There's sore winners as well so it's really a lose-lose situation.  The player base for that game is pretty immature all around, but for Naruto fans there's no other fighter with online play until the Wii one (the best series imo) comes out later this year.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MikkaQ

HAhah yeah the Naruto games have some annoying dudes playing. I spend like 3 hours watching my friend sweep the floor with some dumpy character, and my inbox had a decent collection of sore loserism. 

Nothing for MvC2 yet because... I don't have live. And I bought the game yesterday. I'll get live later this week, so if anyone needs a noob to thrash, look me up.

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Moody_yeti

MY favourite is gettin messages from the people who won the match.
    My all time best MvC2 one is *Get raped*

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By dbz1995

I had a dude say that I'm a motherfucker for shooting him with a rifle grenade. Personally, I don't see the connection...especially since after that he shot me...with a rifle grenade.

sdauz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sdauz

After playing halo once i got a message with an image of a giant erect penis....and my little bro was playing with me....i dont think i was so effing pissed before about xbox live, thought the guy sending a message was on my friend's list, never making that mistake again....sure enough i did like 2 weeks later (an image using forge that id rather not say out loud)

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By Metroid545

I got into a match which he immediatly dropped out of and shortly sent me a message that only cheap faggots use ironman

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Moody_yeti

Cheapest Char imo is megaman,jus sitting there crouched pressing Y  .Great stuff

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By eroticfishcake

Sounds like a really awful place to be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.