Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Mass Effect 2 multiplatform in Q4

ShiroMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShiroMe
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

Great!!! i missed out on the 1st one!!

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Lies

Multiplatform as in 360 and PC, NOT PS3 (at least not announced yet)

And Q4 09 as in FINANCIAL Q4, which translates in real-person time to Jan-March 2010.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

Multiplatform? WHAAT? Wow, today is full of obscure cross-platform game announcements. Good for you PS3 owners.

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By ieatlions

umm wasnt the first mass effect multiplatform

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Jedted
    ieatlions said:
    "umm wasnt the first mass effect multiplatform"

If by multiplatform you mean PC and 360 then yes.  I hope they don't release ME2 on PS3, if you wanna play the game but don't have a 360 then just get the PC version.
    creamclouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By creamclouds
    Jedted said:
    "ieatlions said:

If by multiplatform you mean PC and 360 then yes.  I hope they don't release ME2 on PS3, if you wanna play the game but don't have a 360 then just get the PC version."

I hope they do release it on PS3. Maybe it'll handle the awesome power of a Mass Effect sequel, better than a 360 will ever do. Mass Effect was really pushing the 360's hardware.
    probably one of the reasons my 360 FAILED.
    Spectral_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Spectral_Snake

I disagree with you on this the 360 should be able to keep me2 because sony will never release mgs4 on the 360 so why should the crappy overpriced black blucrap player get me2 it needs to stay exclusive for the pc and 360.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By GTCknight

Mass Effect 2 will be on the Xbox 360 and PC only. The reason is the fact that if Mass Effect 2 did come out on the PS3 as well it would defeat the entire point of the Mass Effect trilogy.(as in your choices effecting the galaxy) Besides it would also be kinda weird if you think about it, I mean there wouldn't be a Mass Effect 1 on the console just the sequel. 

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By get2sammyb

As I said in the other thread on this, if it does come to PS3 I hope they'll use the extra space of the blu-ray to create a short movie or something explaining the story so far. That is if they don't intend on porting the first game.

Spectral_Snake said:

"I disagree with you on this the 360 should be able to keep me2 because sony will never release mgs4 on the 360 so why should the crappy overpriced black blucrap player get me2 it needs to stay exclusive for the pc and 360."
    Oh wow. *sigh*.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jedted said:
    "If by multiplatform you mean PC and 360 then yes.  I hope they don't release ME2 on PS3, if you wanna play the game but don't have a 360 then just get the PC version."
    Spectral_Snake said:
    "I disagree with you on this the 360 should be able to keep me2 because sony will never release mgs4 on the 360 so why should the crappy overpriced black blucrap player get me2 it needs to stay exclusive for the pc and 360."
    Man, you guys are sad. I bet if you were eating an icecream and dropped it on the ground, you'd run to every other kid in the vicinity with an icecream and push it out of their hands as well.

And get2sammyb has a very good point. They'll just do it the way they did Shenmue 2 on the Xbox. A summary movie of the first Dreamcast exclusive game to keep you up to speed. And it's not like they just couldn't fill the already overwrought journals in Mass Effect with the backstory of the first.
    The only big problem would be the canonicity of Mass Effect 2, seeing as the endings of the first Mass Effect differ immensly depending on your choices. But hey, it's not like it's impossible to port the first one to the PS3 either. I'd imagine they've gotten a better grasp of those tricky tools now.
    Vandreren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vandreren
    Jedted said:
    "ieatlions said:

If by multiplatform you mean PC and 360 then yes.  I hope they don't release ME2 on PS3, if you wanna play the game but don't have a 360 then just get the PC version."

1. A gaming PC is a platform as well. Just because you have a PC in your house (which more or less everyone does), doesnt meen you have a gaming PC. "just get the PC version" is a stupid thing to say. Fact.

2. "I hope they dont realease it on PS3" is a stupid thing to say. Fact.

No, i dont have a PS3 - just so we are clear.
    Trickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Trickster
    creamclouds said:
    "Jedted said:
    I hope they do release it on PS3. Maybe it'll handle the awesome power of a Mass Effect sequel, better than a 360 will ever do. Mass Effect was really pushing the 360's hardware.
    probably one of the reasons my 360 FAILED."
    Joke post?

Anyway I dont really think anyone can be surprised about it seeing as bioware is now owned by EA, king of multiplat.
    I also dont really care if it's released on the PS3, I will still be able to play the game on my pc at a higher res and better framerate than either the 360 or ps3 version :)
    Neorub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Neorub
    Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Lieutenant
    creamclouds said:
    "Jedted said:
    "ieatlions said:

Mass Effect was really pushing the 360's hardware.

Not really... It was because of the poorly optimized Unreal Engine was because of most of it's flaws, those same flaws were in Gears of War (texture pop in, unstable framerate, etc etc).
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Red

This is a dumb topic. We already knew that Mass Effect 2 would be out early next year and multiplatform. By multiplatform they probably mean 360/PC and Bioware probably won't put it on PS3 because they've never made a game on a Sony console, so they probably won't try to learn.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By BawlZINmotion
    GTCknight said:
    "

Mass Effect 2 will be on the Xbox 360 and PC only. The reason is the fact that if Mass Effect 2 did come out on the PS3 as well it would defeat the entire point of the Mass Effect trilogy.(as in your choices effecting the galaxy) Besides it would also be kinda weird if you think about it, I mean there wouldn't be a Mass Effect 1 on the console just the sequel. 

"
    Sooooo, what is stopping EA from releasing Mass Effect on PS3 between now and Mass Effect 2? Microsoft never owned the IP, only partnered with Bioware to publish the title. Much the same way EA does with Valve and MTV for a variety of games. Didn't think of that one now did you smarty pants? Besides it is EA, that in itself should speak volumes.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Red
    Chainblast said:
    "GTCknight said:
    "

"
    Sooooo, what is stopping EA from releasing Mass Effect on PS3 between now and Mass Effect 2? Microsoft never owned the IP, only partnered with Bioware to publish the title. Much the same way EA does with Valve and MTV for a variety of games. Didn't think of that one now did you smarty pants? Besides it is EA, that in itself should speak volumes."
    If they were to port it to the PS3, Bioware wouldn't be involved with it at all, kinda like Valve. 
    Not saying a port would be bad, just that it's not realistic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.