Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Mass Effect is fucking awesome!

Overwatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By Overwatch

I know, I’m very, very late to the party here, but hey, better late than never. And I’m absolutely blown away. But I don’t want to drool here about every aspect of the game, because everybody (except me) already finished it probably several times.

I think I will try to do a different approach - I will try to tell you why I like things that most players didn’t like and most reviewers criticised. It’s basically three simple things:

1. Mako
    2. Elevators
    3. Inventory

Mako

Just breathtaking.
     Just breathtaking.
     Well, what can I tell you - I love it. Love it love it love it! And I’m sad that it isn’t in Mass Effect 2. I really don’t see any problem in Mako. I can handle it well and I can use jets when I need to do something harder (gaps, etc.). And it has nice zoom and even nicer canon.

I actually love using Mako to get over rough terrain and I really enjoy it. I know, part of the problem are planets - abandoned and very similar, except for colors. Well, I admit that this ain’t perfectly ideal, but I didn’t mind it that much. I thought of it as a nice downtime from all that shooting and intense dialogues. Just riding on some forbidden planet, discovering minerals and crashed probes. Just chilling out.

Elevators

Are we there yet?
     Are we there yet?
     Now I know that probably every player hated elevators, but I think this is actually really awesome feature. What would you like more - some in-game thing that you can stare at Liara’s butt and listen to a radio, or just some fancy looking wallpaper with little “Loading, please wait...” text in the bottom?

Who doesn’t hate loading screens? So why don’t cover it with actual game environment where you can look around and listen to radio or your companions? I really don’t understand this hate towards elevators. Fair to say I didn’t play the Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect so I don’t know if the elevators where too long there. But hey, it’s still better then just blank loading screen.

Inventory

Only thing that pisses me off is when I have too much stuff and I need to get rid of it - it takes forever to reduce everything to omni-gel one item per time. This is really evil. But I don’t mind anything else about the inventory or the interface/HUD in general. It might not be perfect, but it gets the job done and it doesn't get in your way (except for that omni-gel-ing everything).

One last thing...

Oh I don’t know why everybody praised shooting in Mass Effect 2 saying that it is vastly improved over the first Mass Effect and that it is finally game with a good shooting mechanics. I haven’t play Mass Effect 2 yet so I don’t know, but nothing seems wrong about combat mechanics to me - shooting is fine, cover system is working, everything is pretty good. I guess it’s not perfect, but it’s really good and enjoyable.  

I’m very much looking forward to playing Mass Effect 2, because if Mass Effect 1 is this fucking awesome, I can’t imagine that gloriousness the second one is supposed to be!  
    Overwatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Overwatch

I know, I’m very, very late to the party here, but hey, better late than never. And I’m absolutely blown away. But I don’t want to drool here about every aspect of the game, because everybody (except me) already finished it probably several times.

I think I will try to do a different approach - I will try to tell you why I like things that most players didn’t like and most reviewers criticised. It’s basically three simple things:

1. Mako
    2. Elevators
    3. Inventory

Mako

Just breathtaking.
     Just breathtaking.
     Well, what can I tell you - I love it. Love it love it love it! And I’m sad that it isn’t in Mass Effect 2. I really don’t see any problem in Mako. I can handle it well and I can use jets when I need to do something harder (gaps, etc.). And it has nice zoom and even nicer canon.

I actually love using Mako to get over rough terrain and I really enjoy it. I know, part of the problem are planets - abandoned and very similar, except for colors. Well, I admit that this ain’t perfectly ideal, but I didn’t mind it that much. I thought of it as a nice downtime from all that shooting and intense dialogues. Just riding on some forbidden planet, discovering minerals and crashed probes. Just chilling out.

Elevators

Are we there yet?
     Are we there yet?
     Now I know that probably every player hated elevators, but I think this is actually really awesome feature. What would you like more - some in-game thing that you can stare at Liara’s butt and listen to a radio, or just some fancy looking wallpaper with little “Loading, please wait...” text in the bottom?

Who doesn’t hate loading screens? So why don’t cover it with actual game environment where you can look around and listen to radio or your companions? I really don’t understand this hate towards elevators. Fair to say I didn’t play the Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect so I don’t know if the elevators where too long there. But hey, it’s still better then just blank loading screen.

Inventory

Only thing that pisses me off is when I have too much stuff and I need to get rid of it - it takes forever to reduce everything to omni-gel one item per time. This is really evil. But I don’t mind anything else about the inventory or the interface/HUD in general. It might not be perfect, but it gets the job done and it doesn't get in your way (except for that omni-gel-ing everything).

One last thing...

Oh I don’t know why everybody praised shooting in Mass Effect 2 saying that it is vastly improved over the first Mass Effect and that it is finally game with a good shooting mechanics. I haven’t play Mass Effect 2 yet so I don’t know, but nothing seems wrong about combat mechanics to me - shooting is fine, cover system is working, everything is pretty good. I guess it’s not perfect, but it’s really good and enjoyable.  

I’m very much looking forward to playing Mass Effect 2, because if Mass Effect 1 is this fucking awesome, I can’t imagine that gloriousness the second one is supposed to be!  
    joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

I loved Mass Effect too but I hated the Mako. The parts with that thing pissed me off. But, I did love the elevator scenes. That was awesome. Because it was something different and wasn't a loading screen (GOD DAMN YOU LOADING SCREENS!). 

Oh and it's never to late to talk about how much you loved Mass Effect.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By keyhunter

Chances are that if you really liked ME 1 you'll like ME2 less. Something about it is off.

Overwatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Overwatch
    @keyhunter said:
    " Chances are that if you really liked ME 1 you'll like ME2 less. Something about it is off. "
    Well I guess we'll see. I don't mind more linear shooter-like experience.
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By FreakAche

Wow! I thought I was the only one who liked the Mako! Although I never really missed it in Mass Effect 2. I actually kind of enjoyed the mining minigame in Mass Effect 2 as well, even though everyone seems to hate it.

You have a lot to look forward to, experiencing Mass Effect 2 for the first time. Have fun!

HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By HubrisRanger

I will say, if you played the PC version of ME1, the elevators are much faster and the inventory was streamlined. IE, they fixed the two things they were constantly criticized on in the first game before they ported over to PC. The Mako was still a mess though, Hammerhead is so superior.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Brendan
    @keyhunter said:
    "Chances are that if you really liked ME 1 you'll like ME2 less. Something about it is off. "

I loved the first, loved the second even more.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By luce
    @keyhunter:  

How are the elevators in ME 2?
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Mass Effect had tons of flaws I felt, and Mass Effect 2 completely fixed all of them.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By myke_tuna
    @Brendan:  I'm with you. I played both on PC and ME1 on 360 as well (rental). I kind of saw the shooting "problem" here and there in the first one on 360, but on the PC, it didn't matter as much. I would always pause and plan on the PC. Maybe it's because of the whole hotkey/different UI situation that I played it more like a tactical game on the PC. As for ME2, I thought the more streamlined shooting was great.
    EVHKwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By EVHKwick
    @keyhunter said:
    " Chances are that if you really liked ME 1 you'll like ME2 less. Something about it is off. "
    Yep. ME felt like a complete chapter, while ME2 felt more like a transition. The gameplay was a lot better, but the overall experience of ME is stronger than ME2.
    HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HubrisRanger
    @Overwatch said:
    " @keyhunter said:
    Well I guess we'll see. I don't mind more linear shooter-like experience. "
    I wouldn't say Mass Effect 2 is any more linear than the first. Its basically the same structure of  "Do these missions, but in whatever order you want to." The difference is that the missions are often far, far shorter than the first game, and have a much sharper focus on character development rather than pushing the overarching story forward. Think of it as a set of television episodes, and you'll get the basic idea: isolated incidents that are all pushing towards a grand finale, but each is self-contained in their own way. They are also beautifully shot, thoughtfully written and generally engaging. There is a very real "Just one more mission" compulsive aspect, especially once you gather a set of them that are on one of the main planets.
    galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#13  Edited By galiant
    @Overwatch said:
    One last thing...

Oh I don’t know why everybody praised shooting in Mass Effect 2 saying that it is vastly improved over the first Mass Effect and that it is finally game with a good shooting mechanics. I haven’t play Mass Effect 2 yet so I don’t know, but nothing seems wrong about combat mechanics to me - shooting is fine, cover system is working, everything is pretty good. I guess it’s not perfect, but it’s really good and enjoyable.   I’m very much looking forward to playing Mass Effect 2, because if Mass Effect 1 is this fucking awesome, I can’t imagine that gloriousness the second one is supposed to be!   "  
     As soon as you fire your first pistol in ME2, you'll know what felt wrong about the shooting in ME1. At least that's how I felt.
    beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By beej
    @Overwatch: It's not that I disliked the mako, it was mostly that I got tired of the segments involving the mako. Oh boy time to drive everywhere and check out these probes, then maybe snipe some geth.
    Psych0Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Psych0Penguin

I wished the radio/ Citadel News was used more often, loved hearing shit about the universe (especially) to cover the loads - better than the orange load screens in ME2 (but ME2 is still a better game overall).

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Overwatch: Welcome to 2007. Glad you're enjoying the game!
    Overwatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Overwatch
    @HubrisRanger said:
    " @Overwatch said:
    " @keyhunter said:
    I wouldn't say Mass Effect 2 is any more linear than the first. Its basically the same structure of  "Do these missions, but in whatever order you want to." The difference is that the missions are often far, far shorter than the first game, and have a much sharper focus on character development rather than pushing the overarching story forward. Think of it as a set of television episodes, and you'll get the basic idea: isolated incidents that are all pushing towards a grand finale, but each is self-contained in their own way. They are also beautifully shot, thoughtfully written and generally engaging. There is a very real "Just one more mission" compulsive aspect, especially once you gather a set of them that are on one of the main planets. "
    I would welcome a bit shorter missions, yeah. I don't have time to do these 2+ hours missions that are in ME1. I want to complete one mission in one sitting, but I don't want to sit here for two hours for one mission. Even if the mission is awesome. So shorter experience would be really great. Now I'm looking forward to ME2 even more! :)
    Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dingofighter

The problem with the Mako in ME, if you ask me, isn't so much about the Mako itself, even though the controls are a bit wierd feeling.  
    The big issue I have is with the actual planets. The amount of steep hillsides you have to zig-zag up in order to get to the objectives just make it feel annoying and it turns some potentially fun little sidequests into this arduous process, while also further showcasing that the controls aren't that great. When you finally end up on a generally flat planet, the vistas can be pretty damn beautiful and the vehicle controls feel much better.

Before ME2 was released Bioware said that they had removed the elevators and, more importantly, made the loading faster and less frequent. 
    This sounded great, less elevators and fewer loads. That wasn't really the case though, as all they had pretty much done was to replace the elevators with regular loading screens, showing the elevator from the outside... 
    I'm sure the load times were a bit shorter and that they had actually reduced how often it needed to load, but still, all they did was take you out of the game for no real reason other than removing the elevators. 
    It isn't that big a deal, but it still feels like a pretty unneccesary change. 

I didn't really have that big of an issue with the inventory, since I mostly just equipped the best stuff I had and then sold the rest. But it is not a good system, way too slow when you start to get more stuff and converting things into omni-gel is not good, at all, which is one of the reasons I just sell everything I don't use.  

Well, that's what I think anyway...

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Azteck
    @Overwatch said:
    " @keyhunter said:
    That's not necessarily true. I absolutely loved ME1, and loved ME2 as well.. just not as much.
    Overwatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Overwatch
    @FlamingHobo said:
    " @Overwatch: Welcome to 2007. Glad you're enjoying the game! "
    Yeah I know :). This is even more mind blowing for me, that this thing came out three years ago. I'd punch myslef for missing this game in 2007. I knew about it back then, I just didn't play it. Big mistake.
    brandt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By brandt
    @Overwatch:   
    Finally. I thought I was the only one with this opinion. As it stands today having playde both ME 1 and 2, I still like ME 1 more. 
    Though it's unfair to judge ME2 based on having played ME1, and ME1 based on nothing like it ever before. 
    I don't know if ME1 released with a lot of bugs, but since I played it about 6 months after release my opinion might  
    be a little skewed. 

Anyways, go play ME2 now!  
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kishan6
    @Overwatch: i just want to say i completely agree about everything you just said 
    especially elevators.... they were so much fucking better than loading screens 

but honestly you should play mass effect 2 
    still an amazing game and despite how they took some things out that i liked and tuned down the RPG mechanic it is still probly the best game that came out in 2010 and quite possible better than ME1 imo 
    and ya once you play ME2 and get used to the combat you will realize why everyone says its so much better... it really is lol
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Azteck said:
    " @Overwatch said:
    " @keyhunter said:
    That's not necessarily true. I absolutely loved ME1, and loved ME2 as well.. just not as much. "
    See, I played both and preferred 2.
    Overwatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Overwatch
    @brandt: @kishan6: Don't worry guys, I will play it as soon as it gets some nice weekend discount on Steam. It still costs 30 euros there and I just bought too many games recently and drowned a lot more money into car repairs :(. But as soon as I can get my hands on it I will definetly buy it.
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Yeah the elevators were great, sucked that they removed it for the sequel. But that pretty much sums up ME2. So much goddamn missed potential there.

Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By Andheez
    @Overwatch: 
    I agree completely except for the inventory, that was a bit unwieldy and nebulous as to what was effective.  I loved the Mako too though, I enjoyed crawling all over these planets.  My gripe was more with the completely cookie cutter habs, even a little difference and I woulda been okay.
    Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dark_Jon

If you play on the hardest difficulty setting the combat gets borderline ridiculous. Everything has immunity (80% resistance to damage) and you'll stand there shooting the same guy for 30 seconds. You usually don't even have to use cover, you can just stand there and hold the trigger down until the guy dies. I like how ME2 is more of a shooter in that respect as on insane difficulty I actually still have to use tactics.

Overwatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Overwatch
    @Dark_Jon said:
    " If you play on the hardest difficulty setting the combat gets borderline ridiculous. Everything has immunity (80% resistance to damage) and you'll stand there shooting the same guy for 30 seconds. You usually don't even have to use cover, you can just stand there and hold the trigger down until the guy dies. I like how ME2 is more of a shooter in that respect as on insane difficulty I actually still have to use tactics. "
    I see. I understand it a bit better now, thanks (I don't really remember specific things about combat in reviews of ME2).
    fearthephins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By fearthephins

Yup, Mass Effect is pretty sick! Oh and I agree, the elevator scenes were great. I was so sad when they took them out and replaced them with those stupid loading screens -_-
    I also didn't mind the Mako either haha everyone seemed to hate it though.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Venatio

Mass Effect is one of my favorite games ever, it blew me away when I first played it, couldn´t believe what I was playing

Played through it 6 times, evil and good, female and male. Ended up taking my good female character because the male voice actor is crappy, can't beat Jennifer Hale

Also wanna ask others in this thread and not make my own, how many times did you play the game? Damn you got me talking about it, I would recommend playing ME2, reading the books and comics

Atta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Atta

interesting. i totally disagree. started playing ME when it came out, but only managed to play a bit after reaching citadel station. what can I say? it was amazing. focused action, interesting story, nice combat. after that it fell apart for me. it was still fun, but nowhere near the awesome start of the game

same thing for DA:O

hope ME 2 is better and that DA 2 will be good

Glak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Glak

I agree, I love Mass Effect 
    I also didn't mind the Mako, just the fact that the worlds were barren 
    However I like the Hammerhead better than the Mako, so I'm ok with them getting rid of it 
    As for the elevator scenes, I'm alright with it, since in place of that would be a loading screen like the one that was in Mass Effect 2 
    If you're going to have one might as well make it part of the environment 
    However dialogue wise if you're like me eventually you start to hear a lot of the same things repeated 
    Also the inventory management straight out sucked, getting rid of my crap took too much time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason I hate the Mako is because I got stuck climbing mountains. Not "oh, I just have to wiggle upright again and try to scale this mountain again." No, stuck, couldn't move. Dozens of times. I don't remember what I had to do to fix myself after getting stuck, but I remember it was insane. Like "reload your last save because you're not allowed to play any more" insane. Maybe I was trying to rush it, maybe I was doing it wrong. In any case, it was frustrating. I just know that when I landed on my twentieth planet, I didn't want to slowly drive around hills looking for the ideal path to get some silly mineral, so I tried to climb the mountain and got completely stuck on the geometry.

If you're lucky enough to have gotten through the game without ever having a problem driving that thing, then I applaud you. You dodged a bullet. The Mako is partially busted, but the planets they expect you to traverse with said busted vehicle are downright stupid. Try heading down to a planet and climbing a mountain, then getting stuck in a tiny polygon so you're not allowed to do anything. Then do that 3 or 4 more times. You won't ever ask again why a majority of people who played the game hated that piece of crap. Especially when the rewards for dealing with the extreme jankiness range from slightly interesting to useless, and it's usually the latter.

That's my two cents on the Mako, and that's from someone who can't sing the praises of ME1 any more.

The combat isn't broken or even bad in ME1, but it's a straight up RPG. Every time you pull the trigger, a mythical die rolls and gauges if you hit. ME2 is straight up shooter gameplay, with the RPG elements affecting other aspects of combat. The ME1 combat is just fine, but ME2 feels just right (for me, at least.)

And I've never understood the Elevator hate myself. Yeah, they were long, but as you said: I'd rather have a in-game representation of loading than a black screen with a bar on it. It was also the perfect time for some party banter or news bytes.

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By karatetron  Online

Wait, wait wait. Hold the phone! Are you trying to tell me that Mass Effect is a good game

Unbelievable.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By dtat

I agree with you on almost everything (especially the sort of activities one can enjoy in the  elevators ;)) I also liked the Mako to some degree, although I think it controlled horribly. I wouldn't mind being able to scour planets with the new firewalker vehicle in ME2 though.

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Clinkz

God ME 1 was bad. I hated everything about it: the universe, the elevators, all the armor looked the same but different colors, and ESPECIALLY the Mako. I own both 1 and 2 and I have beaten them both twice. 2 was alright but 1 was just not good.

I'm happy you are enjoying it.

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By aaox

I agree with every point you made there. WELL PLAYED.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

If you liked the elevators you should take Tali and Garrus with you on the citadel in ME2 :P

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#39  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @FreakAche said:
    " Wow! I thought I was the only one who liked the Mako! Although I never really missed it in Mass Effect 2. I actually kind of enjoyed the mining minigame in Mass Effect 2 as well, even though everyone seems to hate it.  You have a lot to look forward to, experiencing Mass Effect 2 for the first time. Have fun! "
    I liked the Mako as well. There's almost nothing cooler that driving around on the moon and looking up at the earth.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Overwatch:  for the last 3 years i 'hated' mass effect and felt like its too inaccessible and complicated.. couldnt go past the Eden Prime opening mission and just rage quit.

then 1 month ago i heard about ME3 being in production, and i just felt the urge to get on this Mass Effect train. so i got both games and started playing 

2 days ago i beat ME2 :)   ive beaten both games in less than a month and it was a GREAT ride.  btw driving the Mako was one of my favorite things to do in 1, dunno why people hate it it was a BEAST
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By keyhunter
    @luce said:
    " @keyhunter:   How are the elevators in ME 2? "
    There are none! That's part of it! Lots of the regular ass loading screens in ME 2 were just as long if not longer than the elevators. At least the elevators were a chance to admire how good looking the player models were at the time, and had some occasionally interesting dialogue between characters. I'd rather have elevators.
    tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By tourgen
    @Venatio:  I went through ME1 5 times with different classes.  I never went full renegade or full paragon on any playthru.  Went thru ME2 only twice so far and I think I'm done with it.

Great post and great comments, especially the Mako stuff.  I loved the Mako and exploring planet surfaces but I had the same 2 issues: not enough different things to do or find and really bad planet terrain on some planet types.  ME2 felt like a much more narrow and guided experience.  Space station areas were all a lot smaller and there were no real open areas to crawl around in like the Mako sequences in ME1.

I also agree, the shooting or cover in ME1 isn't bad.  Clicking in the stick to get into cover isn't great but whatever.  No ammo, no clips, and managing thermals on the guns was VERY cool I thought.

As far as ME2 is stripped down, is it really even an RPG?  In my humble opinion it has fully stepped over the line into the 3rd person cover shooter genre.  The leveling is so far stripped down it's really just a perk system in disguise and the inventory system isn't.  It's a loadout selection.  Are interactive conversations enough to make it an RPG?  Or are shooters these days just looking more like RPGs?  Don't know.
    oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By oraknabo

I thought the Mako was fine. 

Also being a fan of the Suikoden games and their bathhouse conversations, I appreciated the elevator conversations.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ninjakiller

Strange, I just started ME myself.  

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShaneDev

I thought driving the Mako was fine for the most part and I really missed exploring awesome looking and distant planets in ME2. Doing that gave me a weird feeling of actually being in space and being alone. The description of each planet from events that occurred in universe to simple or amazing science stuff was the icing on the cake and I really love it. Also the Uncharted worlds music on the galactic map was very nice.  The inventory system really was awful though glad they got rid of it. 

I like ME1 more than ME2 but its mainly because of where the story in ME2 went and where it didn't.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By probablytuna

Yeah I do miss those elevator scenes, especially when Mass Effect 2 loads super slow when running on my laptop. Seriously sometimes I can go take a piss, wash my hands and come back and it still wouldn't be done. Let's hope loading screens are gone in Mass Effect 3.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By Jayzilla

I loved both games. Although it was refreshing in ME2 not getting  weapons that looked exactly the same except for the Roman Numerals at the end. Really, I am a Spectre who guards the galaxy and you guys at the council don't have access to the BEST weapons the galaxy has to offer?! I have to go get those off of space pirates that inhabit the same building on the same planet with the same terrain that is reskinned a different way? OK, I will go do that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.