Current Map - Created by Massif (tompsweeney) - Server currently running version 1.6.2
Subway Map - Created by jasondesante
Server news is now delivered via Twitter/Giant Bomb updates. To receive it, follow @GBMinecraftServ on Twitter or Nodderly on Giant Bomb!
There is a whitelist, so please send me a PM that includes your Minecraft username if you'd like to be added! For reference:
- Must be a member of Giant Bomb. Must have been a member for more than a month. Don't tell your cousin's nephew about the server; I won't add him. Ask me, and maybe I'll make an exception.
- Don't touch other people's things unless given permission by them.
- Do not build view-destroying sky castles or sky bridges.
- Don't pour lava from high places, it's ugly and difficult to manage. Don't build your name out of blocks. Don't build a giant stickman taking a piss. Don't build something really out-of-character near or in someone's themed town.
- Do not attempt to deconstruct others' works if you feel they have broken the rules. Tell me, then I'll look into it.
- Do not pester or bully new users.
- Do not burn trees down. Fire spreads.
- If you leave the server for over a month and have a project that is unfinished and that blocks usable space, then it will be taken down, unless a sign is erected saying when you will be back.
- Minecart tracks are to be built at least 15 blocks underground, so as to not disrupt the view or clutter up possible building space (kinda like the real world), unless your project makes more sense above ground. Ask if you're unsure.
- Have common sense.
If you're wondering why there's a rule against this, it comes from me playing the game awhile. Basically: every new user wants to create a floating city, or a railway, or an air-bridge, or a floating castle. In moderation, they could be great (and yours could be one of the good ones), but in reality, every single person has given up on them, in the process creating a really generic hunk of view-destroying rock. It's basically just me trying to keep the server looking nice.
This may seem confusing at first. Basically, you can build wherever you want, as long as there's room, and as long as you don't disturb anyone's stuff. If you're unsure about building something somewhere, just ask around.
Hello! Thanks for reading the rules. I added this bit because a lot of people were contacting me about the server and had obviously not read the rules. So, here's the thing. When you send me a PM or post in the forum to ask for access, include the secret password. By using the secret password, I will know that you have read at least this far! The password is batmanbatmanbatman.
Moderators exist on the server to help out when I'm not around. They are not your personal diamond dispensers or mine-slaves. If something has been griefed, they can offer you repair supplies. If someone is being a tool, they can kick him. Please be kind to these people, because they're volunteering to make the server a better place to play.
I don't have a problem with supporting the server myself, but several people have inquired about making donations to help with the cost of running the server.
- The server currently costs $19.95 a month to run.
- It is paid through PayPal.
- The PayPal account paying for the server is GBMCServer@gmail.com.
- Every month, I will check that PayPal account and add the difference to make sure that we hit $19.95.
- Any donations are appreciated.
No special server privileges beyond my love and respect will be granted to donors. I don't want this to become pay-to-play.
Server Heroes! (People who have donated so far)
Brackynews - 2 HIT COMBO!
defias (zackman59) - Holy crap, 5 HIT COMBO!?
Marnox (Murundi) - 2 HIT COMBO!
This is mostly a vanilla Bukkit server and is likely to remain so. I'm sure the mods that add planes and guns and whatever are super cool, but they can also be a giant hassle with conflicts and upgrades. If you have any suggestions for mods you would like to see, please feel free to PM me or post it in this thread for discussion.
Current plugin commands on the server:
/kit - Follow this command with dirt, sand, wools, cobble, or clay. The syntax is /kit dirt, /kit sand, /kit wools, /kit cobble, and /kit clay. You will receive an infinite stack of that item. This has already been the subject of some controversy, so I'll explain my thoughts here. Cobble, sand and dirt represent the evil trinity of Minecraft as far as I'm concerned. Cobble and dirt are both things that you have a giant annoying surplus of half the time, and the other half you end up scrounging for more. Sand is uncommon in the convenient areas of our current map, and sand-lust leads people to tear up beaches which are otherwise very pretty. I'd prefer to keep the beaches. Colored wool is specifically for the purpose of pixel art. Nothing makes the server feel more like an extension of Giant Bomb than having Mario and Meat Boy and Commander Keen watching over us, and I will do anything necessary to make that easier for people. If that means letting someone potentially build an easy house out of colored wool, so be it.
/spawn - Returns you to the main spawn point in the area of the world that is currently nameless.
Lockette has been installed on the server. To lock doors or chests, place a sign on them that says [Private].
Spawn features a collection of teleporters to help you visit all the cool places on the server. To use a teleporter, stand in the middle, look down, and right-click the center block. It will only work if you are empty-handed or holding a tool. Only I can add new teleporters. If you've constructed a cool place that you think deserves a teleport, ask me for one and I'll probably agree!
We have a guide for community projects! Go here now:
The IP address is: