New Features The Jordan Challenge
. Play 10 of the most memorable performances in Michael Jordan's career while attempting to recreate those same performances.
The Arrival: Score 63
points and shoot 50%
or better from the field against the Boston Celtics
in Game 2 of the 1986 1st round playoff series. 69 Points:
points, shoot 50%
or better from the field and win the game against the Cleveland Cavaliers
in a 1990 regular season matchup. Shootout
: Outscore Dominique Wilkins
, make Dominique score under 25pts
and win the game against the Atlanta Hawks
in a 1990 regular season matchup. Bad Boys
: Score 47
or more points and win the game in the Game 3 of the 1990 Eastern Conference Finals against the Detroit Pistons
: Average 31.0
or better throughout the series, shoot 55%
or better from the field and win the series against the Los Angeles Lakers
in the 1991 NBA Finals.
or more in the first half, make six or more 3s
in the first half, keep Clyde Drexler under 20pts
and win the game against the Portland Trailblazers
in Game 1 of the 1992 1s round series. Double Nickel:
or more points. shoot 55%
or better from the field and win the game in a 1995 regular season matchup against the New York Knicks
. Father's Day Victory
: Score 22
or more points, grab 9 or more rebounds
and win the game in Game 6 of the 1996 NBA Finals against the Seattle Super Sonics
. The Flu Game
: Score 38pts
or more, grab 7 or more rebounds
and win the game against the Utah Jazz
in the Game 5 of the 1997 NBA Finals.
Michael's Last Dance
: Score 45pts
or more, grab 4 or more steals
and win the game against the Utah Jazz
in Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals.
All games will feature accurate starting 5 players and most bench players from that time.
- MJ: Creating a Legend. Upon completion of the Jordan Challenge, players will be able to select Michael Jordan as a rookie in MyPlayer mode and put him in todays league. Players will start with an overall stat of 79 and will be able to play on any team.
- Updated Controls. A new advanced control system will give users even more control over their movements compared from previous games in the series. The controls will be optional for those who wish to play with the current control set.
- PS3 Move and 3D: The PlayStation 3 version of 2k11 will feature Move controller support as well as 3DTV.
Last years "My Player" mode returns with new and improved mechanics. This years mode will have more RPG like elements to give players a more in depth portrayal of an NBA life.
Unlike last years 2K10, the Draft Combine will not be sold separately, but will be included. Players will begin their journey at the Draft Combine in the Attack Athletics gym in Chicago. Playing your first three games in the combine, players must try and impress scouts and coaches in hopes of being invited to the NBA Draft at Madison Square Garden.
"My Career" will be the HUB of this years mode, and in it you will find important information like minutes breakdown, timeline of milestones and new to this year, be able to ask management for a trade.
Unlike last year, the game doesn't end after the final buzzer, players will participate in post game interviews, and depending on your answers, will affect some of your stats. Questions will be based on how your season is going. Will you praise your teammates or throw them under the bus? Players will be able to answer with Professionalism, Arrogance, Loyalty and Indifference.
Stats that will be affected are:
- Teammate Chemistry: Praising your team will net you a boost, but blaming them for losing games may find you being frozen out of games. Having a good rating will also have management come to you for trade suggestions.
- Local Fan Support: Have the fans at home on your side and your player will start to get bigger applause and an MVP chant. But disrespect them in press conferences and you may hear a "Trade Him" chant instead.
- League Wide Popularity: Going beyond the local fans, being confident and a little arrogant will get the attention of fans nation wide. But try and do so to keep both your team and local fans on your side. Getting a high enough popularity will earn you more endorsements and the chance to name and design your own Jordan brand shoe that other players may wear as you become more of an icon.
The grading system has seen some improvements as well. No longer will you be penalized if your matchup scores after a defensive switch. But that's not all, you will now be rewarded for throwing the pass that leads to the assist/foul, also known as a hockey assist. Throwing bad and wild passes will also affect you more negatively requiring to make smart passes.
- Key Games: Key Games are games during the regular season that hold more importance. Say you are playing for the Lakers, the games against the Celtics will be some of the Key Games during the season. Or being matched up against a star player will also be a bigger highlight of the year. Winning these games will net you 2x the skill points.
- Attribute Caps: What may at first seem like a step backward, Caps have been introduced this year to make each position more unique and balance online pick-up games. So if you select a more defensive style, you can have a higher overall rating in steals compared to someone with a score first style.
- Scaled in-game goals: Depending on the length you set to play in, the goals in each game will be scaled to make it more achievable. If you decide to play 3min quarters, you may be asked to score only 10pts in a game as opposed to 30 in a game with 7min quarters.
- Skill Point Buyback: As the name implies, players can now buyback points they've spent to upgrade stats and place them elsewhere if they feel like they want to take their player in another direction. The only catch is that players will receive 75% of the points they've spent.
- Endorsements: Make a big enough splash in the league and you will find yourself gracing billboards and the covers of magazines. Get big enough, and you will earn yourself a signature Jordan Brand shoe.
Association mode returns in 2K11 with an even greater number of features and more in-depth management of your selected ball club. The goal of Association mode is to take an NBA team to the championship game and win it all. You act not only as the players, but also as the coach and the GM. The game lets players make decisions such as trading players, scouting college prospects, setting up practices, changing rotations, assigning player roles, and more. One of the most challenging aspects of Association mode is balancing the player's egos. If a player is assigned the role of "starter" but then don't get the minutes to warrant that role, then tempers will flare. Eventually trades will be demanded and team chemistry will take a significant hit, affecting the teams performance on the court. After finishing a year, this mode allows the player to handle all of the off-season tasks, such as drafting prospects and resigning players or staff. After that, a new season starts up and the chase for the championship is on once again.
Following is a complete track list for NBA 2K11:
1. Snoop Dogg - NBA 2K Theme
2. Big Boi - Shutterbug
3. Drake - Over
4. Cassidy - Game Time
5. Ron Artest - Champion
6. Duck-Down All-Stars feat. Buckshot, Skyzoo, Promise, and Sean Price
- Better Than You
7. The Alan Parsons Project - Sirius
8. Art vs. Science - Hollywood
9. Big Rock Candy Mountain - Rocketship
10. Brunettes - Red Rollerskates
11. Chicharones - Little By Little
12. Children Collide - Skeleton Dance
13. Constellations feat. Asher Roth- We're Here To Save The Day
14. Dan Black feat. Kid Cudi - Symphonies (Remix)
15. Delorean - Deli
16. Ev - Home Of The Brave (Instrumental)
17. Failsafe - Hope & Only If We Learn
18. HOGNI - Bow Down
19. Kidz In Space - Downtime
20. Middleman - It's Not Over Yet
21. Rakaa feat. Aloe Blaac - Crown Of Thorns
22. The Redland - So Far
23. The Russian Futurists - Paul Simon & Precious Metals
24. Sonny Bones - Rise
25. Two Door Cinema Club - I Can Talk
26. Yung Autmatik & Bayroot Productions - Go Hard or Go Home
27. Dux Jones - Pourin' It On
Players pre-ordering the game at GameStop, online or in store, will receive an avatar jersey for Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3. 360 users will get the red "away" jerseys while PS3 users will get the white "home" jerseys. Codes will be given at time of purchase or emailed after the game has shipped.