Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Pachter: "Nobody has a PC that is faster than PS3"

• 192 results
    webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By webby

Saw it earlier I thought it was funny. It is Pachter though.

Wrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Wrect

Mikey P., baby.  You know we love you.  But give it a second next time, before you blurt out something like that.  You just end up making everyone uncomfortable. 

Oh, that reminds me, come by my place this weekend.  I have a PC I'd like to show you.  Oh, and bring your PS3 along.  I'll have my girl call you.  Ciao.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ryanwho
    @Alexander said:
    " People here are overreacting. He's comparing a time when people generally had PCs that could run games that looked a lot better than what the consoles at the time were capable of. Today, I don't think the majority of people with a PC would be able to play a game like Uncharted 2, to the same level that the PS3 could. I think that was his point. "
    Except he didn't say that. He said no PC is faster than a PS3. If you want to turn some incorrect blanket statement made by a self admitted none gamer and morph it into some larger nuanced statement that's fine, but he didn't say anything like that. He said what he was trying to say and it made him look like an uninformed fool to anyone who actually knows what they're talking about.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Jimbo

I like Pachter, I really do, but I think it would be quicker to make threads when he's right about something.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By clubsandwich

faster how? cum's faster? eats faster? fries chicken faster? faster what.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By LiquidPrince

Well the cell is faster then most processors, but otherwise I dunno.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By FunExplosions

I feel bad for him.

Dastan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Dastan
    @Manatassi: 

Dude, my video card alone is faster then the PS3's "Cell".

The "Holly Grail" of PS3 fanboys, the Cell is above all else a 4 year old CPU and that speaks for itself.
    Kblt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Kblt
    @edsone said:
    " i'm not going to waste my time here, but speaking as a computer scientist i can tell that frequency it's not the only factor that determines the speed. You could, for example, have a high frequency processor with cycles that take too long. Or also have a ISA with instructions that take many cycles.  And don't forget about pipeline depth...  anyway, about the ps3 being faster than the pc, i can't say i know much about the ps3 arquitecture but i find it very unlikely to be true. I wouldn't count on it. Seems pretty stupid to me. "
    Depends if he is talking about graphics processing power or core processing power.
    dan168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By dan168

do you guys even get what he's trying to say?? or do you guys all have small penis syndrome ????

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By ajamafalous
    @dan168 said:
    " do you guys even get what he's trying to say?? or do you guys all have small penis syndrome ???? "
    Small penises because we have PCs that are faster than a PS3?
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By eclipsesis
    @Hamst3r said:
    "  HOW DARE YOU DEFY THE CELL PROCESSOR. HEATHEN! HERETIC! THE CELL PROCESSOR IS UNRIVALED! "
    Amen brother Hamst3r * puts hands together and preys* 
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#64  Edited By Cube

Michael Pachter is sort of an idiot.

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By wickedsc3
    @Symphony said:
    "I seem to have stumbled upon some hardcore geek discussion. I shall now turn around and take my leave. Good day, to you all! "

Im with this dude.  But i do have one thing i wanna say, Isnt a ps3 a computer without windows????  I pretty sure someday there wont even be a counsil vs pc thing because they will be the same thing.........someday.   Peace have fun arguing about pointless crap.
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By Whisperkill

To Patcher:   

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By Diamond

Pachter says something dumb, forums respond by acting dumber.  News at 11.

The Cell processor is definitely the best at what it does.  What it does is probably not well fit to games today, but no, your videocard is not 'faster' than a Cell, just like the PS3 is not 'faster' than any PC.  It's this sort of idiotic generalizations that you're bristling against but when you say further dumb stuff it doesn't make you look any better.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#68  Edited By Geno
    @Diamond said:
    " Pachter says something dumb, forums respond by acting dumber.  News at 11.  The Cell processor is definitely the best at what it does.  What it does is probably not well fit to games today, but no, your videocard is not 'faster' than a Cell, just like the PS3 is not 'faster' than any PC.  It's this sort of idiotic generalizations that you're bristling against but when you say further dumb stuff it doesn't make you look any better. "
    Unless you're talking about very specific floating point performance tasks, the PC's processor is faster than the PS3's in every way. And games don't use such tasks. Also my video card is sure as hell faster and beefier than what's in the PS3. Everything about what he said is wrong.  
    George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By George_Hukas

Bonus Round has bigger problems. Can we get these guys a table so we don't have to stare at mangina for 20min?

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#70  Edited By septim

Michael Pachter is a likable douche.

He always spouts his nonsense with such conviction it makes me kind of like him.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Jimbo
    @dan168 said:
    " do you guys even get what he's trying to say?? or do you guys all have small penis syndrome ???? "
    I don't know, is he trying to say something other than what he actually does say?

"...now, nobody has a PC that's faster than a PS3.  I mean, you can have a dual, quad Pentium, you know, 3.2.... and it's not as good as a PS3.  So the point is you can't do anything on a PC other than you have the cool keyboard kind of control system, that you can do on a PS3, so there's no reason to make a game exclusive PC."

There are plenty of reasons not to make a game PC exclusive - the PS3 being as 'as fast' or 'faster' isn't one of them.  The PS3 still can't touch Crysis and that's two years old.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Geno
    @septim said:
    " Michael Pachter is a likable douche.  He always spouts his nonsense with such conviction it makes me kind of like him. "
    Yeah he's kind of like the grandpa that just doesn't get modern trends but you like him anyway. 
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By carlthenimrod

He's talking about the panel, not the entire planet. Notice how he starts off saying 10 years ago "we all upgraded".

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Geno
    @carlthenimrod said:
    " He's talking about the panel, not the entire planet. Notice how he starts off saying 10 years ago "we all upgraded". "
    No ><. He was answering why PC gaming was supposedly dying, not why PC gaming was dying to 3 other people in the room. Clearly by "we" he meant collectively the PC market. 
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By eclipsesis

You know i think when patcher said that he meant the worlds entire PC demographic including families and stuff, which in this case he is right. As for you spec buffs and graphic whores you forget to realise not every PC owner wants whack one out at the sight of Crysis, i myself am quite contempt with Warcraft 3 is their problem with that? so yes my PS3 is faster than my PC. Stop over reacting and use sense. 

EDIT: i do realise he did make a big generalisation what he should have said is " Not everybody has a PC faster than a PS3"   

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By carlthenimrod
    @Geno said:
    " No ><. He was answering why PC gaming was supposedly dying, not why PC gaming was dying to 3 other people in the room. Clearly by "we" he meant collectively the PC market.  "
    He's using the four panelists as examples of tech enthusiasts who don't own a PC more powerful then a PS3. If he was talking about the entire PC market, then how the hell would he know that we all upgraded 10 years ago?
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Geno
    @carlthenimrod said:
    " @Geno said:
    " No ><. He was answering why PC gaming was supposedly dying, not why PC gaming was dying to 3 other people in the room. Clearly by "we" he meant collectively the PC market.  "
    He's using the four panelists as examples of tech enthusiasts who don't own a PC more powerful then a PS3. If he was talking about the entire PC market, then how the hell would he know that we all upgraded 10 years ago? "
    How would he personally know the panelists each upgraded 10 years ago? He was making a general statement to establish that a long time ago PC's were much more powerful than consoles which led into his point that now they aren't (which of course is incorrect). I don't know if English isn't your native language or something but nobody would interpret what he said like that.  

Just to cement the point further, here are the hardware stats of the average Steam user. Steam has over 70% of the PC gamer market:   http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey 

Average User:  

Windows Vista/7 DX10 GPU
    Dual Core processor with about an additional 20% in the quad core area, average clock speed 2.3-2.7 Ghz (equal to or greater than the power of the Cell)
    Nvidia 8800 series to ATI 4800 series graphics cards (cards that easily trump the PS3's).    

Settings: 

Primary display: 1280x1024 (higher than the native res of most games on the PS3).   
    4x MSAA

The average PC gamer plays with specs higher than the PS3's, let alone the top 10-20% who play with extreme settings and easily topple anything the consoles have to offer. 
    dan168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By dan168
    @ajamafalous: uhh thats not how that works ahaha, i'm talking about the fact people are looking up youtube videos of 7ghz athalons to prove PCs can be faster than PS3s.  

also i think hardware has nothing to do with games... look at the PS2 compared to xbox... or... wii or xbox compared to ps3
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By carlthenimrod
    @Geno said:

" How would he personally know the panelists each upgraded 10 years ago? He was making a general statement to establish that a long time ago PC's were much more powerful than consoles which led into his point that now they aren't (which of course is incorrect). I don't know if English isn't your native language or something but nobody would interpret what he said like that.  

Just to cement the point further, here are the hardware stats of the average Steam user. Steam has over 70% of the PC gamer market:    http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey  Average User:   Windows Vista/7 DX10 GPUDual Core processor with about an additional 20% in the quad core area, average clock speed 2.3-2.7 Ghz (equal to or greater than the power of the Cell)Nvidia 8800 series to ATI 4800 series graphics cards (cards that easily trump the PS3's).     Settings: Primary display: 1280x1024 (higher than the native res of most games on the PS3).   4x MSAA  The average PC gamer plays with specs higher than the PS3's, let alone the top 10-20% who play with extreme settings and easily topple anything the consoles have to offer.  "

He probably doesn't know, but I seriously doubt he is talking about the average PC gamer by using the word "we", because admittedly he is sure as hell not a part of that. He is using the panelists as four people that probably would have upgraded 10 years ago and today don't have PCs that are faster then the PS3.

Also, just because a PC is faster on paper doesn't mean it will play games that look better then on a PS3. I have a 9800 GTX and e8400, so I fall in line with that steam survey pretty nicely, and I have yet to play a game that looks as good as Uncharted 2 or Gears 2 on my consoles. Games are a lot harder to optimize on PC compared to consoles where developers can push those consoles to the absolute limit knowing it will play the same on every PS3/360. Take GTA 4 as an example of a game that could have looked better but didn't.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#81  Edited By demontium

So he did not know. 

He is still a good numbers analyst.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Geno
    @carlthenimrod: I've already explained it to you, all I have to say is you need a bit of practice in reading comprehension.  

As for GTA IV not looking as good on PC:  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pc-360-comparison-grand-theft/43929 

That was from a year ago; the lag issue has already been resolved in a patch. My system runs it on max settings at 60fps and it looks almost a generation ahead of the console version. 
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Diamond
    @Geno said:
    Unless you're talking about very specific floating point performance tasks, the PC's processor is faster than the PS3's in every way. And games don't use such tasks. Also my video card is sure as hell faster and beefier than what's in the PS3. Everything about what he said is wrong.
    See now you sound as uninformed as Pachter, and it's not just about floating point.  For games, the Cell is probably better than almost all PC CPUs, if not all, however you could argue that for some tasks a GPU is far more efficient.  The truth lies in the middle.  And games DO use such tasks.  Floating point processing not used in games?  Seriously, that's just dumb.

If you're going to attack someone for Pachter for being a fool, at least get your points remotely right.  You seem to be just as ill informed as he.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Geno
    @Diamond said:

" @Geno said:

See now you sound as uninformed as Pachter, and it's not just about floating point.  For games, the Cell is probably better than almost all PC CPUs, if not all, however you could argue that for some tasks a GPU is far more efficient.  The truth lies in the middle.  And games DO use such tasks.  Floating point processing not used in games?  Seriously, that's just dumb.  If you're going to attack someone for Pachter for being a fool, at least get your points remotely right.  You seem to be just as ill informed as he. "
    Did you just say that the Cell is probably better than almost all PC CPU's? Fail. The only thing that Cell does that beats PC hardware is folding. 
    Ham08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Ham08

Some of you folks need to take a closer look at the video I posted earlier in this thread.  In the last demonstration which showcased "The Abomination" at over 7Ghz, you could see the data readout for "Frames Per Second" reaching "360 FPS" with everything maxed out. Neither console is capable of the anywhere near the same benchmark and that should be all the proof anyone needs, unless of course, you don't understand the technology.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Diamond
    @Geno said:
    Did you just say that the Cell is probably better than almost all PC CPU's? Fail.
    At certain maths, absolutely, 100% yes.  Floating point performance?  Blows the highest end PC CPU out of the water!  Is that necessarily the best thing to use a CPU for?  Probably not, although it compliments the PS3's GPU well, at least.

Again, you're just as misinformed as Pachter.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87  Edited By Hamz

I think the point that Pachter was trying to get across was this. 

That for the vast majority of people who own a PC, they do not have a system capable of outperforming a PS3 when it comes to playing video games. Your average PC is not capable of running a game at a solid and high framerate on a 19" monitor let alone on a 42" or higher TV like a PS3 can. And that while yes there are PC systems and hardware out there that people build that will certainly outperform a PS3, those people are the minority. They are in essence an example of why there are no PC exclusives, because out of the huge number of people that actually own a PC, very few of them actually use it to play games or have a PC even capable of playing games at the same level as a PS3 can provide.

I look at it like this, I'm a PC gaming enthusiast who happens to own a PS3 which I bought for £239. I can play MW2 straight out the box on my 42" TV at a solid 60fps with it. I could not buy individual parts to build a PC or even buy a pre-built PC for £239 that would be capable of playing MW2 on a 42" TV at a solid 60fps. And that my friends is what he was trying to get across, that when it comes to cost vs effect, the PS3 trumps the PC.

Considering he is a numbers man I imagine that is the reasoning he made that statement, even though it came off as a generalisation or rather poorly worded statement I do see sense in what he said. But it seems like hating on Pachter is now the 'cool' thing to do by telling everyone you have a 'Quad Core, SLI, Water Cooled, Overlocked, NEON LIT!' PC system that you manage to play World of Warcraft on.....

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Dark_Jon

The thousands of overclocking enthusiasts would say otherwise.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By carlthenimrod
    @Geno said:

" As for GTA IV not looking as good on PC:   http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pc-360-comparison-grand-theft/43929  That was from a year ago; the lag issue has already been resolved in a patch. My system runs it on max settings at 60fps and it looks almost a generation ahead of the console version.  "

I was referring to my PC, which spec-wise is superior to 360/PS3 but can't run the same game at a higher quality. I don't know if they have patched it enough since it's release, but that is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. The simple fact that the game came out the way it did proves my point. You can have superior hardware, but the game can look worse. Uncharted 2 looks amazing on every PS3. 
    Ham08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Ham08

He put his foot in his mouth, plain and simple.  There is plenty of proof all over the Internet and being a so-called "numbers man" just makes him look all the more foolish.

Trying to defend his poorly chosen words with, "He didn't mean what he said, he meant something else" doesn't fly in the real world.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Geno
    @Diamond said:
    " @Geno said:
    Did you just say that the Cell is probably better than almost all PC CPU's? Fail.
    At certain maths, absolutely, 100% yes.  Floating point performance?  Blows the highest end PC CPU out of the water!  Is that necessarily the best thing to use a CPU for?  Probably not, although it compliments the PS3's GPU well, at least.  Again, you're just as misinformed as Pachter. "
    As I said before, the only thing that PS3 beats modern CPU's is folding. And you can't possibly be comparing PS3 GPU with PC GPU. I don't think I'm the misinformed one here. 
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By pause422

Pachter is an idiot, and has some some dumb shit over time, but this by far is the dumbest. I cant believe anyone other than a stupid fanboy that is 12 years old claimed this...honestly the dumbest comment I have heard in a loong time. Regardless of what anyone claims he probably meant to say, what he did say wasnt that..so he ends up looking extremely dumb for it, once again.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93  Edited By JoelTGM
    @wickedsc3 said:
    " @Symphony said:
    "I seem to have stumbled upon some hardcore geek discussion. I shall now turn around and take my leave. Good day, to you all! "
    Im with this dude.  But i do have one thing i wanna say, Isnt a ps3 a computer without windows????  I pretty sure someday there wont even be a counsil vs pc thing because they will be the same thing.........someday.   Peace have fun arguing about pointless crap. "
    All game consoles are computers without Windows.  They will never be the same thing because a PC is more expensive and you have to know what you're doing to build a good one.  A 360 or PS3 is cheaper and made so anyone can pick up and play, no thought about hardware or system requirements.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @carlthenimrod: I made a whole thread that shows how pc games looks better than console games, unless i'm mistaken, I don't think your statement is correct. Your probally running things at a very low resolution.  

I don't see how a game can look worst, here is the thread btw, it's almost superior in every way, resolution, framerates and textures. Your statement is completely untrue and uncharted 2 is only one of the few exceptions. It shouldn't be regarded as every game on consoles is the same as uncharted 2. Crysis on very high looks better than anything else out there, if you want to make a claim, challege me with screenshots at 720p that`s ingame with a hud and everything. (if the screenshots are small for the thread, it`s the site`s fault, I can get it fullsize if necessary)

Thread
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By DystopiaX

By now we all know that Michael Pachter is an idiot. We don't need to post everytime he says something stupid, and i'm honestly surprised that he's still listened to by all the game news outlets after he's been wrong so many times. Just what I remember: 

1.Borderlands would be a failure because of DA:O and MW2 launching close to the same date as it. 
    2. this. 
    3. episodes from liberty city would sell a couple million in the first month (it has currently sold around 100k in the US) 

I know there's more but these are just the ones that stuck out to me, and the more obviously wrong ones.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By carlthenimrod
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    " @carlthenimrod: I made a whole thread that shows how pc games looks better than console games, unless i'm mistaken, I don't think your statement is correct. Your probally running things at a very low resolution.  

I don't see how a game can look worst, here is the thread btw, it's almost superior in every way, resolution, framerates and textures. Your statement is completely untrue and uncharted 2 is only one of the few exceptions. It shouldn't be regarded as every game on consoles is the same as uncharted 2. Crysis on very high looks better than anything else out there, if you want to make a claim, challege me with screenshots at 720p that`s ingame with a hud and everything. (if the screenshots are small for the thread, it`s the site`s fault, I can get it fullsize if necessary)

Thread "
    I'm currently, as we speak, playing Aion at 1680x1050 pretty much maxed out. It does not look better then Uncharted 2 or Gears 2. Don't get me wrong, it look very nice. But compared to those games not as good.

Screen-shots aren't really worth anything though. You can max out Crysis on my PC and take a screen-cap, but how will the game actually be running? The frame-rate would make the game unplayable.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @carlthenimrod: If you have time, take a look at ps3 screenshots of uncharted 2 and gears of war 2 again on gamespot. You would be suprised how the cell processor only is an effects processor and the polygons are from the gpu. It just puts effects on the polygons and it doesn't look that impressive. Just because you can run crysis well doesn't mean others can't. Screenshots shows how much textures and details a game really has, like I said your going to be suprised how much better some pc games look compared to console games. For your statement I might have to use this thread and post screenshots to compare, I don't think geno would mind though.  

I challenge gears of war 2 with gears 1 on the pc, also I challenge uncharted 2 with resident evil 5 or crysis very high on the pc. I can post framerates to show the speed if necessary. Or I'll make a new thread with your quote and challenge every ps3 and xbox360's exclusive. Just because you can't see the detail in motion for certain games doesn't mean it has all that detail or looks better than the pc. Your probally fooled by art design, animation and normal mapping more than anything.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By pause422

There is no need for this back and fourth thing at all...if you have a half decent PC it is better than a console, end of story. Even games from several years ago with everything on high and AA can look easily better than any console game, its no debate, its just the truth. I thought this was honestly common sense that everyone knew by now.

Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Azrail

u can buy a 500 dollar pc that looks better than ps3, and is likely faster...

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By carlthenimrod
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    " @carlthenimrod: If you have time, take a look at ps3 screenshots of uncharted 2 and gears of war 2 again on gamespot. You would be suprised how the cell processor only is an effects processor and the polygons are from the gpu. It just puts effects on the polygons and it doesn't look that impressive. Just because you can run crysis well doesn't mean others can't. Screenshots shows how much textures and details a game really has, like I said your going to be suprised how much better some pc games look compared to console games. For your statement I might have to use this thread and post screenshots to compare, I don't think geno would mind though.   I challenge gears of war 2 with gears 1 on the pc, also I challenge uncharted 2 with resident evil 5 or crysis very high on the pc. I can post framerates to show the speed if necessary. Or I'll make a new thread with your quote and challenge every ps3 and xbox360's exclusive. Just because you can't see the detail in motion for certain games doesn't mean it has all that detail or looks better than the pc. Your probally fooled by art design, animation and normal mapping more than anything. "
    You play games in motion though, so screen-shot comparisons don't mean a whole lot as far as I am concerned. 

Like I said before though, I was only referring to my PC. If you invest enough money, then you can play games that look better then anything on 360/PS3. As for my PC though, not so much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.