Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

I'm done with consoles.

• 104 results
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By zombie2011
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Bubahula said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    "then you are done with games"
    this is the dumbest thing i have heard in a long while. there are more games on pc then there are on any console
    really because what you said is the dumbest thing I've ever heard there are more games on the ps2 alone than the pc "
    HAHA what a tard! 

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52  Edited By trophyhunter
    @jukezypoo said:
    " @trophyhunter: Well considering you can play games from pretty much any era on the PC, I'd say in sheer volume it wins, although in new big-time releases it loses "
    yes but are you going to play that 20 year old crap no so fuck off
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By jkz
    @trophyhunter: Wait, first of all yes, and second of all that was a surprisingly hostile reply for no apparent reason. I am thoroughly dissapointed.

But yes I do still, to this day, play X-Wing/Alliance almost weekly, and a lot of other games on-and-off. Oh and of course there are services like GoG, and much more indy stuff on PCs. I own both consoles so lets not get hostile here, just hoping to establish that quantity-wise, the PC has a larger catalog than any console to date.
    AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By AutomaticSnake

Yes hardware this gen has been shit... but i can't give up on consoles, all the good games are on them! can't wait for Uncharted 2, Dead Rising 2, GT5, GoWIII and im addicted to Killzone 2! No point in me going back to PC gaming, it sucks.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By bubahula
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @jukezypoo said:
    " @trophyhunter: Well considering you can play games from pretty much any era on the PC, I'd say in sheer volume it wins, although in new big-time releases it loses "
    yes but are you going to play that 20 year old crap no so fuck off "
    you are one ignorant little son of a flank steak there are wayyyyy  more pc games, and despite what you might think pc games are not released in 20 year increments, there are tons of new games and even old games that are too advanced to be playd on any console 
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56  Edited By Cube

Don't feed the troll.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Some one tell me when he comes running back to console gaming.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ThomasP

That sucks, dude. Good luck with fixing your PS3. Hopefully next gen will be a little more reliable for you. Enjoy PC... loads of good games to play.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Bubahula said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @jukezypoo said:
    yes but are you going to play that 20 year old crap no so fuck off "
    you are one ignorant little son of a flank steak there are wayyyyy  more pc games, and despite what you might think pc games are not released in 20 year increments, there are tons of new games and even old games that are too advanced to be playd on any console 
    "
    yeah I can't wait to play police tycoon
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By jkz
    @trophyhunter:

Civ 4, Empire Total War, Crysis, and most console games are also on the PC. Now stop trolling.

Gah I love the internets
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By trophyhunter
    @jukezypoo said:
    " @trophyhunter:

Civ 4, Empire Total War, Crysis, and most console games are also on the PC. Now stop trolling.

Gah I love the internets
    "
    yes but where were they first on consoles
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jkz
    @trophyhunter:

Wait...what?

*Stands up and walks away*
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By zombie2011
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @jukezypoo said:
    " @trophyhunter:

Gah I love the internets
    "
    yes but where were they first on consoles "

Your comments just get stupider and stupider.
    Krenor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#64  Edited By Krenor

Wow, before you go all out and get an expensive PC and all you should try the Xbox 360, you might have better luck with that console, I do own both and they both work great for what I need them to do.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By trophyhunter

what console games that come to the pc were on the consoles first
    that's a fact there is no way you can fuck around that

justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By justinnotjason
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @RiotBananas said:
    " @Ouroboros:  Yes. Get a 360, they're cheap and FUN! "
    He said he is done with consoles, probably because they break, why would he get one that has a 2000% failure rate. "
    So what you're saying is that for every 1 xbox bought, it breaks 20 others.  For every one xbox that they make they break 20 others that may or may not be made? That logic is.........never mind.
    fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By fallen_elite
    @trophyhunter:@trophyhunter said:
    " what console games that come to the pc were on the consoles firstthat's a fact there is no way you can fuck around that "
    Dude what are you saying? Maybe you should stop while you are ahead.
    justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By justinnotjason

Also to those saying that PC gaming is rediculously expensive, you can buy a kick ass rig for less than 600 bucks. Lets see, x360 349.99 and that's 60 gigs. PS3 is what 399 for 80 gig?

so for a little over 200 bucks more you can get like 4x's the power, and it also serves as a Personal Computer. Also all the games for PC are generally 10 or more dollars less. hmm.....

You don't even really need to upgrade that often.

This coming from a guy who loves his Xbox 360.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#69  Edited By Cube
    @trophyhunter said:
    " what console games that come to the pc were on the consoles firstthat's a fact there is no way you can fuck around that "
    What about games like The Witcher? Command and Conquer 3/Red Alert 3?
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By trophyhunter

wow just wow
    do I have to draw you guys pictures or use puppets ok listen it's not that hard to understand
    console games that get ported to the pc ok do you understand that?
    ^---------------those games-------------------^  were on the console first .

fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By fallen_elite
    orly?
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By zombie2011
    @trophyhunter said:
    " wow just wow do I have to draw you guys pictures or use puppets ok listen it's not that hard to understandconsole games that get ported to the pc ok do you understand that? ^---------------those games-------------------^  were on the console first . "
    Really? Console games ported to the PC were on console first.... who knew?

Seeing we are stating the obvious here...... Did you know that PC games ported to the console were on PC first. Did i just blow your mind?
    FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#73  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
    @JustinNotJason said:
    "Everyone knows PC gaming is dead. I heard it on the internet, and it has never once lied to me. There are actually hot singles in my area! "

There are hot singles in your area!!?!?!  Where are you so that I might see them?
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#74  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @RollHard86:  Never is forever bro.

@trophyhunter said:
    " then you are done with games "
    Also In a few years, this might actually be true. With game pirating on PC becoming easier than ever, it's turning into a less and less viable option if game companies want to make a profit. Sad truth.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#75  Edited By mikemcn
    @JustinNotJason said:
    "Everyone knows PC gaming is dead. I heard it on the internet, and it has never once lied to me. There are actually hot singles in my area! "

Most brilliant comment ever

And welcome to PC gaming! May i suggest Steam?
    fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By fallen_elite
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @RollHard86:  Never is forever bro.

@trophyhunter said:
    Also In a few years, this might actually be true. With game pirating on PC becoming easier than ever, it's turning into a less and less viable option if game companies want to make a profit. Sad truth. "
    People have been saying this for years and (surprise) it has never become true. PCs may not be as profitable as consoles are for the majority of games but they still pull a profit. PCs make up the largest market and can be a better platform for some games than the consoles. See the Sims series, any MMOs, or any simulation games. There have also been some really great PC exclusives more recently off of the top of my head, like the Witcher and ARMA II.

Read this and I think you will change your mind.
    PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By PowerSerj
    @trophyhunter: You were doing well for the first couple of pages, but then you kind of fell flat. Should of stopped at the peak.
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Seedofpower
    @RollHard86 said:
    "My 40gig PS3 just died today, was going to do some COD4 system was running for 4 or 5 minutes then YLOD.  With the problems of the new consoles,  I'm moving my gaming to the PC.  I have owned console my entire life Atari 2600, NES, SNES, N64, PSX, PS2, XBOX, Gamecube, PS3 + PC.  I wont be buying a new console again.NEVER.I will be trying to fix my ps3 and will post how its going.  "

Welcome to the Fold.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @fallen_elite said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

@trophyhunter said:
    Also In a few years, this might actually be true. With game pirating on PC becoming easier than ever, it's turning into a less and less viable option if game companies want to make a profit. Sad truth. "
    People have been saying this for years and (surprise) it has never become true. PCs may not be as profitable as consoles are for the majority of games but they still pull a profit. PCs make up the largest market and can be a better platform for some games than the consoles. See the Sims series, any MMOs, or any simulation games. There have also been some really great PC exclusives more recently off of the top of my head, like the Witcher and ARMA II.

Read this and I think you will change your mind. "
    Cool so you can play The Sims, World of Warcraft, and Flight simulator 10. Jk, I know there are good games out on PC. But I still think my point stands. That article basically said EA lost slightly less then last year. Only $42 million this year! Go digital downloads! But personally I really enjoy PC games, and getting them from Steam specifically. Digital downloads are something that I think (and hope) will help put an end to PC game pirating. I think consoles are even headed in the same direction with things like PSP Go, and Xbox Lives new retail game download service. I like PC gaming but I really think that unless companies get their acts together with some kind of software protection that isn't too restrictive, things won't be so swell in PC land.
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Seedofpower
    @fallen_elite said:
    "@trophyhunter:@trophyhunter said:
    Dude what are you saying? Maybe you should stop while you are ahead."

He is a little late on that, his foot already came out his ass.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jkz
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @fallen_elite said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

@trophyhunter said:

Cool so you can play The Sims, World of Warcraft, and Flight simulator 10. Jk, I know there are good games out on PC. But I still think my point stands. That article basically said EA lost slightly less then last year. Only $42 million this year! Go digital downloads! But personally I really enjoy PC games, and getting them from Steam specifically. Digital downloads are something that I think (and hope) will help put an end to PC game pirating. I think consoles are even headed in the same direction with things like PSP Go, and Xbox Lives new retail game download service. I like PC gaming but I really think that unless companies get their acts together with some kind of software protection that isn't too restrictive, things won't be so swell in PC land. "
    I would almost agree with you, but I just look to history, with the constant lamentation of the PC's death and demise, it never seems to have come true. With constantly advancing tech, PCs just always seem to pull ahead of consoles towards the end of their life-cycles, then we have a Next-Gen of consoles, and PC sales dwindle. It seems to be the pattern, and although we may be seeing a more severe dip now, I fail to believe that the PC won't come surging back, with providers like Steam encouraging legitimate sales of games, and Diablo III/Starcraft II at the forefront of the resurgence
    bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By bubahula
    @trophyhunter: stop posting random ass arguments in this thread. your just pissing everyone off, you have succeeded in making yourself sound like a tard
    fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By fallen_elite
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @fallen_elite said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

@trophyhunter said:

...But I still think my point stands. ...
    Your original point was that piracy is killing PC gaming now you are saying restrictive DRM. So what is it? :P
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @fallen_elite said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    " @fallen_elite said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

@trophyhunter said:

...But I still think my point stands. ...
    Your original point was that piracy is killing PC gaming now you are saying restrictive DRM. So what is it? :P "
    Both bro. Either games have no protection which is less of a hassle, or they have a limited number of times you can install the game or some crap that is very annoying. No protection leads to piracy, and too much protection discourages even honest buyers because of the possible DRM complications. I personally don't like paying for a game and then being told I can only install it 3 times or whatever.

edit: this quote tree is getting super long btw.  :P
    fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By fallen_elite
    I agree with you about the DRM issue, but I disagree with piracy killing PC gaming, because it's not. Piracy has always existed as long as there have been games for the PC.  Like I said, PC games are just not as profitable as console games when there is an equivalent on the consoles - with the exception of MMOs that also appear on consoles.

@JJWeatherman
    said:
    " @fallen_elite said:
    " @JJWeatherman said: edit: this quote tree is getting super long btw.  :P "
    Agreed.
    Bigvic785

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Bigvic785

The Wii doesnt break...

I have a Wii

atlantabrave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By atlantabrave04

Console gaming is cheaper. Period.

Bigvic785

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Bigvic785
    @atlantabrave04:
    If you have a good rig PC gaming is supieror. Depends on how much u wanna spend. You could also take the dark route to save money

Piracy is still a threat
    atlantabrave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By atlantabrave04

@Bigvic785 said:

"@atlantabrave04: If you have a good rig PC gaming is supieror. Depends on how much u wanna spend. You could also take the dark route to save moneyPiracy is still a threat "

This is not always true. Blanket statements concerning the superiority of one style of gaming over another are almost always unfair. Consoles are cheaper. That makes them more worth while to me. That, however, does not necessarily make them superior to PCs.  Just less expensive.
    Bigvic785

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Bigvic785
    @atlantabrave04:
    I was speaking graphically; I should have been more specific. Sorry about that.
    atlantabrave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By atlantabrave04

Oh, well I can't argue with that. But thank goodness there can be no correlation between quality of graphics and quality of the game in which the graphics are so good.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

You know if you buy a 360, you get 3 solid years of warranty.  The PS3 only has 1 year.  So if it breaks out of warranty, you gotta pay. My buddy's broke within 11 months so he was just barely in.  For the 360, it's like all you do is call the support hotline, they send you a coffin & you get a replacement in a couple weeks.  It's actually pretty pain free.  What's more, when you get your refurb 360, it's automatically got another 3 year warranty applied to it starting with the day they shipped it to you.  It's like having a free console for the lifetime of the 360, only paying for it one time!  You don't pay for repairs either.  It's win-win, doesn't cost a dime, but a little time.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#93  Edited By Red

So when your PC breaks, you're done with that? Things break. I've had my PS3 for a year and my 360 for 7 months longer, and I've had no problems. Meanwhile, I've had a computer die and my new computer need to get fixed twice within that time.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#94  Edited By fr0br0

Things I've learned in this thread:
    The PS3 sucks bawlz.
    The PC sucks bawlz.
    One out of every hundred PS3 owners get the YLOD.
    The PC has, like, only MMO's and the only games on it are ported through console games.
    Nobody plays 20 year old crap.
    The PS2 has more games than the PC.
    Never respect trophyhunter again...

Also, my friend just got a YLOD on his 40 gig today as well. I believe it to be the Sony Swine Flu and I will not turn on my PS3 until the evil Mexican virus has evaporated in the media's top news stories.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#95  Edited By AhmadMetallic

welcome to the club brother

PC Gaming FOREVER
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By mordukai
    @RollHard86:

So if your PC dies are you done with that too?
    What is your TV dies, are you done with Tv's too?
    What about you cell phone, fridge, car, dvd player etc.?

Do you get my point?
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By hatking

Everytime I see a thread like this I find it hard to believe it isn't some PC gamer who is angry and fed up and just wants to make consoles sound a little worse.  I'd hope no rational human being would deal in an absolute like this after one bad experience.  Whatever have fun having limited what you can enjoy for the rest of your life while the rest of us enjoy games on console and PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@JustinNotJason said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @RiotBananas said:
    " @Ouroboros:  Yes. Get a 360, they're cheap and FUN! "
    He said he is done with consoles, probably because they break, why would he get one that has a 2000% failure rate. "
    So what you're saying is that for every 1 xbox bought, it breaks 20 others.  For every one xbox that they make they break 20 others that may or may not be made? That logic is.........never mind. "
    Man like I tell everyone, I have a highly advanced research facility and after years of research we came to the conclusion (me and my team of scientists) that the 360 has a 2000% failure rate, sorry to tell you bud, but these are cold hard facts.
    Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#99  Edited By Captain_Insano

you'll be back, they always come back.

p.s You don't think your PC will die at some point as well?

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#100  Edited By AutomaticSnake
    @dcpc10 said:
    " @AutomaticSnake said:
    " Yes hardware this gen has been shit... but i can't give up on consoles, all the good games are on them! can't wait for Uncharted 2, Dead Rising 2, GT5, GoWIII and im addicted to Killzone 2! No point in me going back to PC gaming, it sucks. "
    Why not play both? I personally use my PS3 for the majority of the games I play, but games such as Mount and Blade, supcom, crysis, EU3, etc. are all fun to play on the PC. Not-to-mention TF2 is MUCH better on the PC than on consoles (custom maps, more players, etc.) :P "
    No time, but I do plan on eventually playing Dragon Age.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.