So, as expected, a new spot has already been found. You can easily find it on youtube. Seems like it's a bit more of a bother, but I guess we'll see how it works.
kishinfoulux's forum posts
Should be somewhat soon. No date given but speculation is next month I wanna say.
In the dev journal or whatever they do talk about improving Strikes. Who knows when these changes will take place though? I have to wonder just how many people were actually doing the cave. Couldn't have been THAT many.
I wanna say you can still farm Venus (the original method), but haven't tried myself.
- Reduced drop rate of engrams following a hard wipe [fixed in 18.104.22.168]
Queen's Wrath Event
- Material rewards for dismantling Queen's Wrath gear will no longer provide ascendant materials, but missions will continue to drop Legendary items
- The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
- Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)
- Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
- Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
- Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
- Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)
Dev Blog discussing this and planned future updates: http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Dev-Notes/en/News/News?aid=12188
Some other notes include nerfing the Auto Rifle (right after I got a legendary one of course), voice chat, etc.
I'm gonna come off as very bitter, but fuck Bungie for this. Get rid of the one way you actually get...ya know...loot. Now I get to waste time on Strikes and get nothing to show for it. Wonderful. If they had, at least, buffed Strikes to give better rewards then fine, but NOPE. Yeah I mad.j
Credit to a topic I saw on Gamefaqs about it. Basically lets you see what your character looks like in all the shaders available. Pretty neat. Now if only they would drop more often or that merchant would actually get new ones. >_>
So probably a dumb question. Whenever I go to the Bungie site I always just signed in with my Xbox account. To get into the clan do I need to actually make a Bungie account from scratch? I assumed since I could sign in, the Xbox profile would work.
Not sure how many hours I've put in but I FINALLY got some legendaries today. On one hand it was frustrating to go so long without getting any. On the other hand it felt SO damn satisfying to finally be rewarded. That being said I think the loot system is sort of fucked. They need to up the number of engrams that drop and more importantly if I get a purple engram that shit better give me a legendary.
I do agree with Sack though. The reason it frustrates me a little less in this game is because the gameplay is really fun to me. I think some tweaking is in order, but they don't need to go so overboard with it.
@conmulligan: The drop rate is absolutely the problem with the loot system if the only way to gain extra levels, and by proxy take part in the much advertised late game content, is specifically through the acquisition of rare loot. There is a point you reach when nothing is moving forward, and you're just spinning your wheels waiting for the loot drop so you can finally move on. The fact that engrams can turn into resources instead of loot sort of adds insult to injury - especially if you've been on the bad side of the Destiny RNG.
This. Since Light becomes such an important stat late game, loot goes from being something cool you find occasionally to the sole thing you need to progress. While I think this is a fine late game method, if they want people to continue enjoying there PvE long term, they need to introduce a greater variety (both aesthetically and stat wise) of loot. This can include side grades, incremental improvements, or even a level cap increase (more light on loot).
When the prime way to level up past 20 right now is to shoot level 5 dudes in a cave for hours, something's gotta give, and I think just nerfing the cave is missing the point.
Yeah I think they need to buff strikes or something. By doing the cave I get a ton of engrams, glimmer, level up the Crypt dude, always get that public event, etc. It's pretty damn useful. Strikes need to give more Rep/Marks.