Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow Complex

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 19, 2009

Reluctant hero Jason Fleming investigates a hidden underground complex to rescue his girlfriend Claire in this Metroid-style action-adventure game.

Xbox360 Only?

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bicycleham

So is this game only coming to the 360? I really'd love to see this be released on the PC via steam or something like that not only so non-360 owners could play it but so that Epic games could get more money. But really, I want to play this awesome looking game.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Maybe later?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

It's not that easy. Game developers don't just say "How 'bout we bring this to the PC to make some moar bucks!"

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Hamst3r
    @natetodamax: Actually, it almost is that easy.
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By L33tfella_H
    @natetodamax said:

" It's not that easy. Game developers don't just say "How 'bout we bring this to the PC to make some moar bucks!" "

True, but seeing that it's a UE3 game, it might be easier to port something like Shadow Complex to PC. And Digital Distribution means they won't have to deal with publishing problems mainly.

Shadow Complex  Does look really good though, and it'd be nice if there was a PC release since i don't have a 360 currently.
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By crusader8463

i too wish to have a PC version or a boxed version as i am apposed to buying Microsoft bucks to buy games. But this game is actually tempting me....

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bicycleham

I guess it is later?

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/empire/

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#8  Edited By D_W

We can only hope.. And pester the devlopers..... lots.
    jim_dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By jim_dandy

Please PC. Pretty please?

:(

FreeTWOGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FreeTWOGame
    @natetodamax said:
    " It's not that easy. Game developers don't just say "How 'bout we bring this to the PC to make some moar bucks!" "
    the engine runtime is there and it's basically a recompile and optimize job, you can do that with maybe an extra 2-3 people during development, it's not exactly that hard or expensive, this is being published by Microsoft however so it wont end up on it
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Death_Unicorn

If it did, I would doubt it would come through steam. Probably Games for Windows.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Jeust
    @FreeTWOGame said:

" @natetodamax said:

the engine runtime is there and it's basically a recompile and optimize job, you can do that with maybe an extra 2-3 people during development, it's not exactly that hard or expensive, this is being published by Microsoft however so it wont end up on it "
    maybe because of it, it will appear in the pc. 

Microsoft is pushings the developers to launch their games in the pc too. 

It is possible for the Shadow Complexc, but it will possible take a while. 

Isn't it gear of wars on the pc?
    FreeTWOGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FreeTWOGame
    @Jeust said:
    " @FreeTWOGame said:

" @natetodamax said:

the engine runtime is there and it's basically a recompile and optimize job, you can do that with maybe an extra 2-3 people during development, it's not exactly that hard or expensive, this is being published by Microsoft however so it wont end up on it "
    maybe because of it, it will appear in the pc.  Microsoft is pushings the developers to launch their games in the pc too.  It is possible for the Shadow Complexc, but it will possible take a while.  Isn't it gear of wars on the pc? "
    Microsoft hasn't released any PC games since 2007 and lately canceled the PC version of Alan Wake, they've totally dropped support for the PC.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jeust
    @FreeTWOGame:  

it wasn't canceled the development of the Alan Wake for pc, just postponed. 

And Remedy at the time they announced it, said that the idea of bringing Wake to pc was from microsoft. 

Also if you see closely, many xboxt console exclusives are also arriving at the pc.
    Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

I'm guessing like other Epic games it will make it to the PC as well. I still am suspecting Gears 2 to come out for the PC at a much later date no matter what Cliffy B. says.

FreeTWOGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FreeTWOGame
    @Jeust said:
    " @FreeTWOGame:   it wasn't canceled the development of the Alan Wake for pc, just postponed.  And Remedy at the time they announced it, said that the idea of bringing Wake to pc was from microsoft.  Also if you see closely, many xboxt console exclusives are also arriving at the pc. "
    Alan Wake was designed for the PC in mind when it first started, not for the Xbox 360, again I point to the fact that Microsoft hasn't published any new PC games at all in the past 2 years and currently have none stated to come out, if Alan Wake comes out on the PC it wont be published by Microsoft
    Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By Suicrat
    @crusader8463: Just out of curiosity, why are you opposed with your labour being transformed into currency by Microsoft and not your government?

It's essentially the same thing.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By mordukai

I think I read somewhere that XBL has an year exclusive for this  game. It could very well be a different game I read about.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By KamasamaK
    @Suicrat: No, it's much more akin to buying a gift certificate. And I'm not sure where labor comes into it since he already has the money.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jeust
    @FreeTWOGame said:
    " @Jeust said:
    " @FreeTWOGame:   it wasn't canceled the development of the Alan Wake for pc, just postponed.  And Remedy at the time they announced it, said that the idea of bringing Wake to pc was from microsoft.  Also if you see closely, many xboxt console exclusives are also arriving at the pc. "
    Alan Wake was designed for the PC in mind when it first started, not for the Xbox 360, again I point to the fact that Microsoft hasn't published any new PC games at all in the past 2 years and currently have none stated to come out, if Alan Wake comes out on the PC it wont be published by Microsoft "
    Alan Wake was in mind for both the pc and xbox in the start... 

I read also that the initial idea for releasing it for pc was because of microsoft's wish. 

And due to the impending google operation system, microsoft will most probably try to entice people to buy and use vista... so it's probable. 

Just not launched at the same time.
    gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By gearhead

I first thought that this was a thread asking for it to come to the PS3, but to the PC, maybe as both Microsoft and Epic have ties to it.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By crusader8463
    @Suicrat said:
    " @crusader8463: Just out of curiosity, why are you opposed with your labour being transformed into currency by Microsoft and not your government?  It's essentially the same thing. "
    Because its a arbitrary conversion of my dollars to points, and an unnecssary step. If it was a one to one value i dont think it would annoy me so much as just be a silly unnecessary inconvenience that would mildly annoy me. There is no reason other then them getting to show more profit to use their own specials points to buy stuff when a credit card works just as well. The only thing it would be good for is people who dont own a crdit card or dont feel safe using one online like a lot of people do. That's fine, and even a good thing for that matter as it would give people who other wise wouldn't access, but then its not the dollar to dollar thing again and its just silly. I'm not going to spend $45.20 Canadian dollars just to buy $30 something Microsoft bucks. It's just them nickle and dimming people, and i am disgusted by companies when they so blatantly do it.
    bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bicycleham

Come to think of it. Theres been a bunch of "Xbox Exclusives" that aren't really Xbox exclusives 0_o

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#24  Edited By Eder

One word: Piracy

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By jNerd
    @Hamst3r said:

" @natetodamax: Actually, it almost is that easy. "

Exactly what I was about to say, lol.

@Eder said:

" One word: Piracy "

Agreed, I think that is a humongous reason that they won't ever bring Shadow Complex to PC's.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jimbo

Or they'll just hold off announcing a PC version long enough for it not to undermine console sales.  There's still money to be made on PC releases, but ease of piracy means it sometimes makes sense to wait until they've got their console launch out of the way and then come back to the PC later.  Example: Force Unleashed.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Suicrat
    @Kamasama: Anything that can be converted from labour into something tangible which is then exchanged for a good is a form of currency. Including gift certificates and Microsoft points.

And he may already have 'money', but what it is it backed up by? The gold reserves of the U.S. Treasury are a fraction of the value they issue in dollars, so all he's getting when he gets 'money' for his labour is hyper-inflated paper. At least Microsoft points are backed by a real asset (in this case, video games.)
    Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Suicrat
    @crusader8463: But it's okay for the government to do it to you?

I don't get it.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By jakob187

Given that it's a game that's being touted around town by the guy who made Gears of War...I don't think it'll see PS3 anytime soon.  PC is a possibility, given that the first Gears came to the PC. 

Who knows?  If I was a betting man, though...I'd say it's an X360 exclusive, especially since they have been touting it for XBLM's "Summer of Arcade".  THEN AGAIN...Braid is coming to PS3...

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KamasamaK
    @Suicrat: That doesn't really have to do with what I said. Purchasing Microsoft points must be done in a designated lump sum as defined by them and may only be used to purchase content they sell. This is exactly like a gift certificate. Labor does not factor into it since the money has already been acquired -- the means are irrelevant and not exclusive to labor.
    Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Suicrat
    @Kamasama: I think you're looking at my analogy too narrowly to see how it does in fact apply. Microsoft points, accruing in lump sums, is not much different than the taxed surpluses of your income in your nation's currency. The only difference is, Microsoft doesn't take that accrued lump sum arbitarily, as do the issuers of national currencies. At least that extra money can later be used for more goods than is the case with your taxed extra money, which is taken from you and spent based on political whim. Moreover, national currencies are de facto gift certificates as well, insofar as my Canadian dollar (for example) will only be accepted in the parts of the world that do business in Canaian dollars: within the borders of the territory dominated by the issuer of this currency (i.e., the federation known as 'Canada'), the border regions of the United States, and select International airports and other duty-free zones.

The truth is, all issuers of currency have some sort of usurious system to insure your expenditure is greater than the value you receive, except the only difference is you accept your national currency existing as it does, with the monopoly it has because you were born into it.
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By Griddler

I want it on PS3 :(

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#33  Edited By natetodamax
    @Hamst3r said:
    " @natetodamax: Actually, it almost is that easy. "
    Okay.
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KamasamaK
    @Suicrat: None of that matters. Microsoft points are defined by that currency you already have anyway. It has been an unchanged conversion factor since launch and appears to be staying that way in the foreseeable future. The difference is that you can trade it for more than you need. As an example of my gift card analogy, imagine wanting to buy a candy bar. You go to the register, but they don't accept your currency. Instead, they want you to buy a $20 gift card, which can then be spent. You pay $20 to get $20 worth of credit there. Seems like a fair deal unless you don't want $20 worth of products at that time. That extra currency you have after deducting the cost of the candy is restricted in its use more than that currency you had before, even though it's essentially worth the same. You can now only spend that with them, and while you haven't spent it they are earning interest on/investing/whatever your 'money'. Change $20 to 1600 points and it's the same deal.
    HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By HairyMike87
    @Xolare: There's a chance that the game will come to PC. Epic has done that but it doesn't happen until a game has been out for a bit.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jkz

Chair is owned by Epic, who reportedly had a REALLY bad experience with the PC with Gears and such, and are adverse to the idea of releasing on it. As such, I'd pen this as doubtful, but it's still possible.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Suicrat
    @Kamasama: You've explained sufficiently why you don't like Microsoft points. You haven't yet sufficiently explained why you don't apply the same principles to "legal tender".
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KamasamaK
    @Suicrat: What principles exactly? The law states that such tender can be used for all debts. It can also be invested or whatnot if you wanted to make more. Neither of those can be done with things like Microsoft points or gift cards, and those were the only two issues I stated as having.
    Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Suicrat
    @Kamasama: The Law, issued by the issuer of currency.

How is that different from Terms of Use issued by the issuer of Microsoft Points? Once again, you've failed to draw a clear distinction.
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KamasamaK
    @Suicrat: You seriously don't understand the distinction yet? One is more restrictive in its use than the other. I can use that legal tender to buy Microsoft points, but not vice versa (unless I can somehow find someone willing to buy by XBL account from me, but that's probably against the ToS you brought up). It is a useless intermediary considering how the points are valued and in what increments they can be purchased. I can use that legal tender for so much more, including but not limited to earning more tender. I suppose that the currency is only good where the law is good, but that's everywhere I would buy something. Not to mention, it can easily be exchanged for other currencies if necessary.

I'm done with this discussion, so if you respond don't expect one from me.
    Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Suicrat
    @Kamasama: I don't care if you respond. There are other people reading this thread, and they've been misled by the alleged differences between a political-entity-issued currency and a company-issued currency that you have been bringing up, the reality is those differences are superficial or cosmetic, the only substantive difference is the power of the issuer of the currency, because the way these currency issuers operate, they can manage the entirity of the economy through their double-ended manipulation of markets (both via money supply and the extent to which economic transactions are regulated, in the case of most countries: greatly). Microsoft's Terms of Use in its Marketplace is narrower in scope than a government's regulation of its nation's economy (or that of a supranational entity: i.e., the European Union and its Euro) because the government gives itself that much power (which, some people tacitly -- or in your case, directly -- endorse).

What it comes down to is you endorse a holistic approach to currency and its use, and there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, I just felt the need to illustrate that point.
    punmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By punmeister

It would be awsome if they sold Shadow Complex codes in stores, that way you could get a direct conversion from money to game and possibly some fancy packaging (like the download code printed as numbers on a credit/debit card)

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thecleric
    @Eder said:
    Most people don't pirate 20 dollar games, bud.
    Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By Naughton
    @thecleric said:
    " @Eder said:
    Most people don't pirate 20 dollar games, bud. "
    Actually, they do.
    thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By thecleric
    @Naughton said:
    " @thecleric said:
    " @Eder said:
    Actually, they do. "
    and yet Zeno Clash sold well enough to warrant a console port, and sequel
    Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By Naughton
    @thecleric said:
    " @Naughton said:
    " @thecleric said:
    " @Eder said:
    Actually, they do. "
    and yet Zeno Clash sold well enough to warrant a console port, and sequel "
    That's nice, but irrelevant. You said that people don't pirate 20 dollar games. They do. No one said anything about Zeno Clash.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By RHCPfan24

This looks like a 360 only game from what most reports suggest. It is by EPIC games and Chair Entertainment and is being touted as the premier XBLA release of this summer, a la Braid or Castle Crashers. Maybe later, perhaps? But not now.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By thecleric
    @Naughton said:

" @thecleric said:

" @Naughton said:
    " @thecleric said:
    " @Eder said:
    Actually, they do. "
    and yet Zeno Clash sold well enough to warrant a console port, and sequel "
    That's nice, but irrelevant. You said that people don't pirate 20 dollar games. They do. No one said anything about Zeno Clash. "
     I said most people, not only that, OP said piracy is the reason it won't be ported to PC. I proved that Zeno Clash made enough money to make a sequel and console port, for a studio that's far less funded than Chair(Epic's helping out a ton, Zeno was on their own). So I just proved to you that a 20 dollar game can succeed on PC, just look at Killing Floor. So it's not irrelevant, nice try though. Maybe adjust your tin foil hat, the pirates aren't out to get you.
    Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#49  Edited By Eder
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " This looks like a 360 only game from what most reports suggest. It is by EPIC games and Chair Entertainment and is being touted as the premier XBLA release of this summer, a la Braid or Castle Crashers. Maybe later, perhaps? But not now. "
    Yeah it could happen. But like I said they have to consider that not only will it affect 360 sales of the game but sales in general because of piracy. Im not saying the game wont sell, but it's a factor they have to consider.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.