Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Would anyone like to see a Persona 4 XBLA or 360 port?

• 111 results
    Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Alexander
    TooWalrus said:
    "Nah, the PS2 is so cheap right now that it doesn't bother me it's not on Xbox Live"
    What a silly thing to say.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By zitosilva
    Fallen189 said:
    "Tru3_Blu3 said:
    "Pepsiman said:
    "Pepsiman: Indiscriminate Slaughterer of Fond Memories Everywhere

I'll take it one step further and actually apply it in the context of Persona 4, since that was originally the driving factor behind it all.

No Caption Provided

"
    Whoa! A cutscene!? When's that during the game?"
    @nametame iirc"
    I garantee that, no matter how much you try, you'll never guess it. Wait to pick your jaw from the floor when you see it in the endurance run.
    mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#53  Edited By mracoon

It would be great to see a 360 port and some new content would be nice to but not necessary.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#54  Edited By LordAndrew

Based on those search results, it looks like only IGN refers to the game as Shin Megami Tensei IX Online. Officially it's just Shin Megami Tensei Nine.
    Also, I hate when people waste my time with Let Me Google That for You. Just link me to IGN, GameSpy, or GameStats if you want me to see your source.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By REDRUN
    trav3ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By trav3ler
    endaround said:
    "Weltal said:
    "trav3ler said:
    "IT will never happen, at most there might be a PS3 port.  To the best of my knowledge, all SMT games have been on playstation."
    Well, a couple of systems for the original, but not many ports this gen besides, technically, the PC."
    http://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Survivor-Nintendo-DS/dp/B001QTW2HS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1240012978&sr=8-3"
    I stand corrected.  
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Dan_CiTi

I'd rather see a brand new Persona game on the PS3 that takes advantage of all of its features like online, trophies, large storage capacity, and current generation graphics and other tech.

nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By nick69
    AnimZero said:
    "I'd rather a new, multiplatform Persona 5."
    Even better idea
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LordAndrew
    REDRUN said:
    "LordAndrew said:
    I hate when people waste my time with Let Me Google That for You.
    Oh, you'll love this then."
    If someone has a source, I prefer they present it directly. I don't want to waste my time waiting for LMGTFY to perform the search, and then spend my time looking for the source in the results.
    PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By PJ
    REDRUN said:
    "That is another point given by vidiot. The achievement points and trophies would just ruin the experience. Can you imagine an intense dramatic moment, you are currently misty eyed and just before the climatic scene.. "bleep blop" ...

Now imagine Final Fantasy 7, you are at the end of disc 2...BLEEP BLOP "Achievement Unlocked: Yo, that bitch is dead" "
    Hi! Have we met? My name is Persona 4 and im out of my damn mind.

Seriously, have you watched the Endurance Run? If theres an intense dramatic moment in that game then it would be a piece of shit game since it would totally makes a 360 form BAT SHIT CRAZY to serious... no that wouldnt work in that game. It has more gay/homofobia jokes then any game ever. So going from that to serious would be totalyl insane.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE THEM BALLS!!!!!
    Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Edgar
    PJ said:
    "REDRUN said:
    "That is another point given by vidiot. The achievement points and trophies would just ruin the experience. Can you imagine an intense dramatic moment, you are currently misty eyed and just before the climatic scene.. "bleep blop" ...

Now imagine Final Fantasy 7, you are at the end of disc 2...BLEEP BLOP "Achievement Unlocked: Yo, that bitch is dead" "
    Hi! Have we met? My name is Persona 4 and im out of my damn mind.Seriously, have you watched the Endurance Run? If theres an intense dramatic moment in that game then it would be a piece of shit game since it would totally makes a 360 form BAT SHIT CRAZY to serious... no that wouldnt work in that game. It has more gay/homofobia jokes then any game ever. So going from that to serious would be totalyl insane.I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE THEM BALLS!!!!!"
    Ugh. Playing the game is different from watching Endurance Run. The game really does get pretty intense and dramatic.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62  Edited By vidiot
    PJ said:
    "REDRUN said:

Hi! Have we met? My name is Persona 4 and im out of my damn mind.Seriously, have you watched the Endurance Run? If theres an intense dramatic moment in that game then it would be a piece of shit game since it would totally makes a 360 form BAT SHIT CRAZY to serious... no that wouldnt work in that game. It has more gay/homofobia jokes then any game ever. So going from that to serious would be totalyl insane.I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE THEM BALLS!!!!!"
    Hi Persona 4!
    As you know your game consists of a serial murderer who throws people into televisions where they are slowly killed, and then have their corpses hung up on telephone poles. It deals with: insanity, copycat killings, death, sex, regret, what it means to be a family and be friends, and, did I mention the bit about the game revolving around a serial murderer? 

As you know Persona 4, The Endurance Run has created alot of new Persona fans, myself included. There are some people out there though who have either only watched a few specific episodes, or have made fairly over-the-top and incredibly stupid absolute arguments regarding a 70+ hour game. Not to say, that you, Persona 4 is not without creativity and funny moments. Au contraire: In fact, upon further examination of the series, (you do know you are the 4th entry right?) you are the less-serious of them all. Persona 3 and Persona 2 seem to be incredibly more darker in tone. Even though, you yourself, do get incredibly darker as the game continues. You of course know this, right Persona 4?
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By REDRUN
    PJ said:
    "REDRUN said:

Hello Persona 4,
    For starters, you need to start playing with yourself. Watching others having their way with you is okay, I am not to judge you. You need stop that self loathing and get out of the closet. So pull out your PS2, open up your tray and give yourself a spin. Don't judge yourself, but enjoy the experience you have to offer. If you plan on recording your progress in your personal endurance run, we are open to watch if you plan to share. Now wasn't that a fun game?

-Kanji

PS. I recommend you play the game Persona 4 when you are done.
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By REDRUN
    nick69 said:
    "AnimZero said:
    "I'd rather a new, multiplatform Persona 5."
    Even better idea"
    Agreed, ...
    I like to see the developement team utulize the next gen consoles and keep the anime cell-shade style. The audio is very impessive on the PS2, now have that on a 5.1 channel. Online features for a FES like expansion with out the need to hunt down another disc. Online play would also intrduce trades amongst friends (granted they honor the same level rules), S. Links with Friends on your buddy list for possible co-op / out of game social experience.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By subject2change

mmmmmm 70 hour online co-op of Persona5 would be amazing, not sure how'd they do it but i'd like to play an RPG (NOT an MMORPG) with someone else, your own private Endurance Run with your friends not to be broadcasted over the internet!

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By trophyhunter

not persona 4 but a  xbla PSN made persona gaiden yes

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Kbm600

I'd love it.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#68  Edited By Pepsiman

This thread has had a distinct lack of parody XBLA achievements for Persona 4 for a while now. Time to resolve that with some of my own shenanigans again.

No Caption Provided

Or, for those of you who also like NBA Jam references in your Persona 4....

No Caption Provided
    My work here is done now.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Godwind

If anything, it is coming to the Wii, the professional PS2 port system.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#70  Edited By the8bitNacho

It's staying on the PS2.  That's pretty much the end of that.  Atlus is even considering developing Persona 5 for PS2.

GHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By GHT

the game just wouldn't be the same with a spartan as the main character.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    Kombat said:
    "It's staying on the PS2.  That's pretty much the end of that.  Atlus is even considering developing Persona 5 for PS2."
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! AT LEAST make it for the Wii so there can be SOME tech improvements. A real current gen caliber persona game(you know like FF13, Tales of Vesperia, or White Knight Chronicles) would be a godsend.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Linkyshinks

I want Atlus to put the collection on Wii, but I would settle with just 4 on 360 .

nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By nick69
    Kombat said:
    "It's staying on the PS2.  That's pretty much the end of that.  Atlus is even considering developing Persona 5 for PS2."
    That's pretty crazy considering how outdated and old the console is. The xbox 360 has been out for what like 3 years now...

If they do, I'd be pretty mad that they wouldn't take advantage of this generations console.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    REDRUN said:

Couldn't you just turn it off?....
    anyway, FF7's death wasn't very sad.   Somewhat, but not huge.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By vidiot
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "REDRUN said:

Couldn't you just turn it off?....anyway, FF7's death wasn't very sad.   Somewhat, but not huge. "
    For you.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By LordAndrew
    nick69 said:
    "Kombat said:
    That's pretty crazy considering how outdated and old the console is. The xbox 360 has been out for what like 3 years now...

If they do, I'd be pretty mad that they wouldn't take advantage of this generations console."
    They wouldn't be able to take advantage of the system's full abilities anyway. Atlus is not a big-budget developer.

Don't worry about them developing Persona 5 on the PS2 though. I don't see that game coming any time in the near future, so if they ever do decide to make a sequel, they'll have abandoned the PS2 long ago.
    Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Be nice for a rental...isn't that game like 40 hours, though?

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Be nice for a rental...isn't that game like 40 hours, though?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By LordAndrew
    pissedoffthewitch said:
    "Be nice for a rental...isn't that game like 40 hours, though?"
    Maybe, if you tend to beat games quickly. People can get 80-100 hours out of the game in their first playthrough.
    AlphaZro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By AlphaZro

I like the idea of a person 4 on 360.....

the achievements would be simple,something like...

-Social Linkage (Master all social links)
    -Investigation Team Go! (Master Investigation Team Social Link)
    -Wow, That was quick! (Saving a person from their dungeon in a day)
    -Death I laugh at you! (Beat Death 6 times to earn all ultimate weapons)
    -Ladies' Man (Get all possible Girlfriends)
    -One Woman Man (Gain 1 girlfriend only)
    -Various Story Point Achievements
    -Heal the family (Max out Nanako and Dojima's Social links)
    -Final Request (Beat the one who rules over power)
    -Shopaholic (buy every weapon, book and medical item available)
    -Brave New World (See the true ending)
    and that is just for starters

and besides, it's persona 4 I would definitely buy Persona 4 for the 360. And for those guys who say that it should go exclusively to the ps3, you gotta remember in Japan the 360 and wii are the cheapest platforms to develop for, even the companies that put out the those insane 2d side scrolling spaceship shooter games put their stuff on 360 and don't nearly have as much of a following at Atlus does. I for one would love to see it as well as Persona 5 be put on the console too.

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Ouroboros

I dont think achievements or trophies work well in RPGs

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I would not like to see a port. I'd rather see Persona 5 on 360/PS3.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By endaround
    hakunin said:
    "http://criousgamer.com/new-major-titles-to-be-announced-at-e3"
    Interesting.  I really don't care one way or the other, but since P4 sales were pretty much divided in half for Japan and half in the US you would think ti would almost force Atlus to put it on the PS3 and the 360 to get to the level of sales needed.
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By REDRUN
    Dan_CiTi said:
    "Kombat said:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! AT LEAST make it for the Wii so there can be SOME tech improvements. A real current gen caliber persona game(you know like FF13, Tales of Vesperia, or White Knight Chronicles) would be a godsend. "
    I don't see the core gamers from the PS2 are all on the Wii. They might as well test the Wii market first with a completely new or other Shin Megami Tensei title. The sales on the should speak louder than words. So far the sales on Dokoapon Kingdom and Trauma Center: New Blood would not justify wheither or not to publish any SMT on the Wii.
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#87  Edited By dsplayer1010

Sure. Why not?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#88  Edited By Jedted

I don't see why they haven't had PC ports for these games.  From what i've seen of it on the ER it looks like the kind of game PC gamers foam at the mouth for.

I know i'd deffinatly buy it for the PC if it came out, plus since it probebly wouldn't need a high end gaming PC so that's an instant sale right there!

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Ouroboros
    Jedted said:
    "I don't see why they haven't had PC ports for these games.  From what i've seen of it on the ER it looks like the kind of game PC gamers foam at the mouth for.I know i'd deffinatly buy it for the PC if it came out, plus since it probebly wouldn't need a high end gaming PC so that's an instant sale right there!"
    Roleplaying games, especially console roleplay games, dont translate well to PC.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By vidiot
    Ouroboros said:
    "Jedted said:
    "I don't see why they haven't had PC ports for these games.  From what i've seen of it on the ER it looks like the kind of game PC gamers foam at the mouth for.I know i'd deffinatly buy it for the PC if it came out, plus since it probebly wouldn't need a high end gaming PC so that's an instant sale right there!"
    Roleplaying games, especially console roleplay games, dont translate well to PC.
    I'll agree with you on JRPG's. But roleplaying games in general? I'm sorry, what?
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#91  Edited By Pepsiman

Yeah, I'm with vidiot on this one. The history of thatparticular genre would probably take issue with that.

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Ouroboros
    vidiot said:
    "Ouroboros said:
    "Jedted said:
    I'll agree with you on JRPG's. But roleplaying games in general? I'm sorry, what?"
    Yeah I'm sorry - you're right, I think it was a mis-post.  I think I was thinking about ports of console RPGs or console style rpgs when I posted that.  For the record, my favourite PC RPG is Planescape Torment.  I remember one console style RPG for the PC, Septerra Core - that game was weird, I think mostly because of the control scheme.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By LordAndrew
    Jedted said:
    "I don't see why they haven't had PC ports for these games.  From what i've seen of it on the ER it looks like the kind of game PC gamers foam at the mouth for.

I know i'd deffinatly buy it for the PC if it came out, plus since it probebly wouldn't need a high end gaming PC so that's an instant sale right there!"
    There was a PC version of the first Persona game. And also some game called Giten Megami Tensei: Tokyo Mokushiroku that no one seems to know anything about.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#94  Edited By FluxWaveZ

The PC is the worst platform for Japanese RPGs at the moment, I think.  There's a genuine lack of that genre.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By endaround

There was what FFVIII and then a gulf and then Last Remnent for JRPGs on the PC in the US?  Ok I'm likely missing one or two and then there were the western JRPGs like Septerra Core and Ananchronox but its not a big amount

Aitee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Aitee

I could never imagine achievements on a JRPG, it just doesn't work. Achievements detract from the immersiveness of a game, a good JRPG is just that, immersive. As has been said before, achievements like win 1000 battles would not fit in at all with Persona 4. If you've got a PS2, why not just get it for your PS2? I wouldn't see a huge advantage in seeing Persona 4 in HD anyway, that game does not have HDMI worthy graphics, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By endaround

How are achievements any different from many of the Titles you earn in Tales games?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By LordAndrew
    endaround said:
    "How are achievements any different from many of the Titles you earn in Tales games?"
    Titles can't be shown off to other people online, and achievements don't unlock Klonoa costumes.
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By endaround

But they could!

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By vidiot

One day there will be a Persona game in HD, and it will have achievements. Probably not Persona 5, but given the recent popularity of this series, I think it expanding to other mainstream platforms is pretty inevitable. I think the series would be just fine on either an Xbox or a Playstation 3 and I also think that there are certain aspects of Persona that are built for achievements: Raising all your stats, getting the correct ending, collecting every Persona, etc.

Achievements for JRPG's vary from acepetable: such as Lost Odyssey that award a large sum of points for simply completing the game, and another set of points for becoming ludicrously strong and going for tough side-quests. To not acceptable: such as Blue Dragon (Note: Mistwalker learned from thier mistake.) which gives you a 0pt achievement for being ambushed in battle 100 times and another achievement for fighting 50 back attack battles. When done correctly JRPG's can have a good set of achievements that can compliment your game, and allow expansion of your playtime, If you wish for it. I find that alot of Japanese developers, in general like to make assinine goals for achievement points, but over time this has been changing slowly akin to western developers trying not to push insane multiplayer achievements.

As for JRPG's on PC's.

Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, I think Grandia 2, and now Last Remenant are the only titles off hand that I know to have had PC ports. All of which have varring degrees of quality. Last Remenant actually was better than it's buggy 360 counterpart on PC. Final Fantasy VII and VIII were terrible ports when they were released, but since have been saved and made phenominally better than thier Playstation counterparts no thanks to an awesome moddingcommunity.

I'm skeptical that JRPG's don't do well on the PC because I don't think it's fair to say that they've been given a fair run on that platform.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.