Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs - Confrontation

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Confrontation, the first SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs game for the PlayStation 3 delivers 32-player online multiplayer across 7 maps and 7 modes with robust community and clan support.

4.5 from IGN

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Riddler
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Wow...you know, I wonder what happened to this game.  There was so much hype for it a few months ago.  That eventually dissipated into nothing - now the game is out, and not only is nobody talking about it, no one seems to be able to play it, either.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Emilio

Well I've seen my friend play the beta and the full game, and I seriously can't understand how people can actually enjoy this game.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pause422

Well just listen to what Jeff was saying, even if  he finally got in he was getting d/c , and most of the time the servers were always down and had a lot of problems. I remember when I got into the beta it was so frustrating, I finally would get in a server then it would exit me, I just gave up after the second day. Sounds like it was never improved even from that...so sad, yet I kinda expected it. I'm not one to immediately jump all over a different dev, but I could tell from the start Slant 6 wasn't going to do zipper justice in this game, especially since they tried to make it almost exactly how it was on PS2, and in doing so ended up with so many problems, plus busted servers...besides no evolution what so ever, it still didn't even do Socom  or Socom 2 justice imo.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By kush

It doesn't surprise me...even if they don't consider all the issues the game had with installing etc. I played the beta and it still played like the original Socom to me. Where is the change? The innovation? Compared to what's out there right now...the game just doesn't control that well in my eyes.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By get2sammyb

Haha I'm not surprised. I played the beta, looked at the release date and figured it was never, ever, EVER going to be ready.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By coakroach

lawl.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Karmum

This is unfortunate -- but I think Zipper is working on their own Socom game for the PS3.

They will do it right.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By samfo

Wow, was not expecting THAT low, but by the sounds of the bugs and the fact that it just sounds broken probably adds to it.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By BiggerBomb

MB said:

"Wow...you know, I wonder what happened to this game.  There was so much hype for it a few months ago.  That eventually dissipated into nothing - now the game is out, and not only is nobody talking about it, no one seems to be able to play it, either."

The reason that no one is talking about it is probably because no one is able to play it. No matter how well a game plays if it is working, if it isn't working that is a flaw in the game itself and if you can't play the game then it deserves such a low score.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kush
    Karmum said:
    "This is unfortunate -- but I think Zipper is working on their own Socom game for the PS3.

They will do it right."
    Yea...it's called MAG :P
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Karmum
    Kush said:
    "Karmum said:
    "This is unfortunate -- but I think Zipper is working on their own Socom game for the PS3.

They will do it right."
    Yea...it's called MAG :P"
    No -- I'm pretty sure they are actually working on another Socom game, and MAG. I could be wrong, but I remember reading something about it not too long ago.

None the less, I'm excited for MAG.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kush
    Karmum said:
    "No -- I'm pretty sure they are actually working on another Socom game, and MAG. I could be wrong, but I remember reading something about it not too long ago.

None the less, I'm excited for MAG."
    I really have no idea if they are working on a new Socom as well, but it would be my belief that MAG is quite the big project in need of the entire team. I also don't know why anyone would be interested in MAG...sometimes bigger isn't always better.
    ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I don't think it should have gotten that low of a score, but it's just not a good game.

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jordan23

I have yet to play Confrontation, but I still might buy this game, despite the abuse that IGN gave it.

Megafaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Megafaun

Man  i really wanted Socom to succeed damn, the PS3 community should be playing it but for typical sony

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By suneku

Sad to see the apple has fallen far from the tree. I've only played the first SOCOM but it was great, and it gave me my first console online experience.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jakob187

I laugh at how so many guys on the comments of that review are saying that the review score is too low and blah blah blah, that they are being unfair to the game, and that it's gotten much better with recent patches and such.

That's why those guys will continue to write in comment pages...because they don't know how to review a game for what the game is at the time of release.  My buddy was playing the beta, and his opinions almost exactly matched that review...and that was two weeks ago.
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Keeng

Excellent game. It's really buggy and was practically unplayable at first, but from a mechanical standpoint, it's great. I would play a functioning version of this game over any other shooter of this generation without giving it a second thought. Tactical shooters > every other type of shooter for me.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Linkyshinks

Wow...

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Snail
    Linkyshinks said:
    "Wow..."

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

This saddens me actually.  I loved the original SOCOM and I was definetely going to download this when I get my PS3, if everything I here is true though I might even not get a PS3 and get a new graphics card instead.  Theres plenty of PC games coming out in the next few months anyway.

Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Unreal_dro

Yeah, The Game was a disaster. Couldnt even get into a game in the Beta

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.