Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Ask me anything about SF4!

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#251  Edited By trophyhunter
    @AniMoney said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @AniMoney said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" what does the E stand for in E Honda? "
    Edmond "
    really that sound strange how about  the M in M bison? "
    Well M.Bison in Japan is actually the boxer, who is a parody of Mike Tyson, and the name is obviously a parody of that too. But in American they had to switch the names around to avoid a suit from Tyson or something.  So the Boxer in America is Balrog, but in Japan he's M.Bison. The dictator in America is M.Bison, and in Japan he's Vega. The claw character in America is Vega, and in Japan he's Balrog. "
    so it's mike then
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#252  Edited By Plasma
    @AniMoney said:
    " @Plasma said:
    " @DirrtyNinja said:
    So, why did capcom think having one frame links in this game would be a good idea. Would love to main Fei but damn its so frustrating.  
     Yeah, that's exactly what this game needs, more compromises for new players! /Sarcasm "
    You're kidding right? One frame links are stupid, it's just an execution barrier preventing people from playing the actual game. Combos are strictly a single-player experience, it's getting in a position to land them that's the multiplayer part, and that's what most people play street fighter for. If I wanted to test my mad execution or something I'd play guitar hero. "
    No the execution barrier in SFIV is very small, which is good, most fighting games outside mainstream stuff like Tekken and SF have mad execution barriers, all sorts of cancels and feints. But if you take away ALL the difficult stuff why not play a turn based strategy or chess? Execution is a major part of Street Fighter whether you like it or not, SFIV is the easiest of, for the most part, an execution light series.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#253  Edited By lordofultima
    @AniMoney said:

" @Plasma said:

" @DirrtyNinja said:
    So, why did capcom think having one frame links in this game would be a good idea. Would love to main Fei but damn its so frustrating.  
     Yeah, that's exactly what this game needs, more compromises for new players! /Sarcasm "
    You're kidding right? One frame links are stupid, it's just an execution barrier preventing people from playing the actual game. Combos are strictly a single-player experience, it's getting in a position to land them that's the multiplayer part, and that's what most people play street fighter for. If I wanted to test my mad execution or something I'd play guitar hero. "
    Even the toughest links in SFIV are still pretty easy provided you know your character. Execution is part of the game, and clutch situations wouldn't exist without that barrier. If everyone could pull off the mega combo of the century under pressure then there would be no excitement for me. I can make up for me poopy knowledge and experience with hitting combos when the opportunity is provided, and wowing someone.

I would disagree with Plasma though, Tekken is serious business.     
    yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#254  Edited By yetiantics
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @AniMoney said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @AniMoney said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" what does the E stand for in E Honda? "
    Edmond "
    really that sound strange how about  the M in M bison? "
    Well M.Bison in Japan is actually the boxer, who is a parody of Mike Tyson, and the name is obviously a parody of that too. But in American they had to switch the names around to avoid a suit from Tyson or something.  So the Boxer in America is Balrog, but in Japan he's M.Bison. The dictator in America is M.Bison, and in Japan he's Vega. The claw character in America is Vega, and in Japan he's Balrog. "
    so it's mike then "

who knows... some say its "Master" for Americans.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#255  Edited By AniMoney
    @Plasma: @lordofultima: I tend to echo David Sirlin's thoughts on the matter. I don't agree with everything he said in that article, but I do agree with a lot of it, like this snippet. 

This issue of rapid fire moves using a bug to cancel into specials is actually minor compared to the next topic though, a topic that will dominate much of the game: link combos in general. The game is filled with difficult 1-frame links. These are moves that just barely combo into each other with 1/60th of a second timing. In high level play, players will master these and they become common. So Sakura doing low jab, (link), low fierce, short helicopter kick, (link) low short, ex shoryuken, ultra for 50% will be common. One friend of mine already does this combo in real matches after only 2 days of playing, as well as other scarily damaging combos off low short that involve hard links.

Other examples, Ryu can now link low short, low jab, low forward. He can also link low strong, low strong, low roundhouse. Linking is the name of the game, which actually makes the game closer to CvS2 than to 3s or ST. The effect of all these links is to hide the actual game behind an impenetrable wall of execution. If you practice (ie, develop 1p skills unrelated to strategy and unrelated to interaction with the opponent) then you gain access to the real game, a game of high damage off small hits, but only for the dexterous.
    Of course some level of this is inherent in just about every fighting game. It's a question of how far to turn the knob towards 1p activities and away from strategy. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo has dexterity requirements of course, but winning tournaments while using zero or very few link combos is entirely possible. That simply isn't the main focus of the game. The existence of many, many new links in SF4 shifts the focus toward that though. 

But I don't really want to get into an argument about this here so I'll drop it.    
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By lordofultima
    @AniMoney: Sirlin is also mildly insane. Street Fighter II combos were much tougher, and random throws and uppercuts took half your health for no reason. F that game. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I disagree. If every player could perform every combo 100% of the time it would be like a gamecube game (with those lame ass fighters that let you map entire special moves to the right stick) it would be a much more shallow game.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By Plasma
    @AniMoney: Nah I get where your coming from, but Sirlin kinda contradicts himself when he says his friend learns them in like 2 days, that's not really a big time commitment. Where I do agree is for stuff like Abel's forward to fierce, that is a 1 frame link that sorta has to be that hard, as it opens up so much stuff. But then that 1 frame link is a major part of Abel's game, which seems like making it easier to do, but having less damage potential, would make him a more accessible character.  

So basically, I think that execution barrier stuff should be in the game, to give you something to strive towards, so you don't master the execution quickly. But it shouldn't be part of the characters BnB, as the basics of the character should be... basic.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#258  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @AniMoney said:
    " @Plasma: @lordofultima: I tend to echo David Sirlin's thoughts on the matter. I don't agree with everything he said in that article, but I do agree with a lot of it, like this snippet. 

This issue of rapid fire moves using a bug to cancel into specials is actually minor compared to the next topic though, a topic that will dominate much of the game: link combos in general. The game is filled with difficult 1-frame links. These are moves that just barely combo into each other with 1/60th of a second timing. In high level play, players will master these and they become common. So Sakura doing low jab, (link), low fierce, short helicopter kick, (link) low short, ex shoryuken, ultra for 50% will be common. One friend of mine already does this combo in real matches after only 2 days of playing, as well as other scarily damaging combos off low short that involve hard links.

Other examples, Ryu can now link low short, low jab, low forward. He can also link low strong, low strong, low roundhouse. Linking is the name of the game, which actually makes the game closer to CvS2 than to 3s or ST. The effect of all these links is to hide the actual game behind an impenetrable wall of execution. If you practice (ie, develop 1p skills unrelated to strategy and unrelated to interaction with the opponent) then you gain access to the real game, a game of high damage off small hits, but only for the dexterous.
    Of course some level of this is inherent in just about every fighting game. It's a question of how far to turn the knob towards 1p activities and away from strategy. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo has dexterity requirements of course, but winning tournaments while using zero or very few link combos is entirely possible. That simply isn't the main focus of the game. The existence of many, many new links in SF4 shifts the focus toward that though. 
    But I don't really want to get into an argument about this here so I'll drop it.     "
    With combo scaling, it becomes pretty apparent that you don't want your combo to go on for too long hence resets at high level play. 
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By lordofultima
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " @AniMoney said:
    " @Plasma: @lordofultima: I tend to echo David Sirlin's thoughts on the matter. I don't agree with everything he said in that article, but I do agree with a lot of it, like this snippet. 

But I don't really want to get into an argument about this here so I'll drop it.     "
    With combo scaling, it becomes pretty apparent that you don't want your combo to go on for too long hence resets at high level play.  "
    Although resets aren't nearly as useful in SFIV either, just because of the game speed. But yeah, I was just saying that big fancy combos maybe net you as much as an uppercut did in SF2, and simple combos actually get you a bit more than the large difficult ones.
    haunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#260  Edited By haunts
    @thatpinguino said:

" Question, do you have any advice for using el fuerte?  I find that my mix ups work relatively well, except when my opponents start randomly jumping and throwing their best air normal.  Either that or they throw shoryu's whenever i get close and i have a hard time punishing. "

If they are jumping around a lot just use the EX Guacamole Leg Throw.. If they are throwing out SRK's, do a run, then stop right infront of them and bait it and then punish with your best combo.  

@baelrrogg

said: 

@haunts:  I have a question as well... In an earlier post you mentioned that a Honda spamming random headbutts was disrespectful play. Can you elaborate and define  "disrespectful" play. I am fairly new to the SF scene and as it stands, I do whatever is necessary to win even if my play style will piss ppl off. (spamming TS seems to piss ppl off when they have trouble dealing with it).   Thanks "

When you're spamming a move that is easily punishable it comes off as disrespectful. It will work against weaker opponents but sometimes you will do things like that just to show that the opponent isnt worth your time. For instnace a top player doing nothing but SRKs right in your face because they arent scared of retaliation -- it's just disrespectful.  
    v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#261  Edited By v

hello Haunts, tis quite nice to meet you! 

Anyways, I have a question that is probably something that you don't get too often... So, I have a disability, and because of this, I use only my left hand when playing (i sit down and lay the controller on my right knee, then can do the controls from there). Anyways, I am not planning on going pro or learning ridiculous counters, but I was just wondering if you had some suggestions for characters that I could get good with that may not require too complex of combinations (I have all characters unlocked besides Gouken and Seth)

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By lordofultima
    @V said:
    " hello Haunts, tis quite nice to meet you!  Anyways, I have a question that is probably something that you don't get too often... So, I have a disability, and because of this, I use only my left hand when playing (i sit down and lay the controller on my right knee, then can do the controls from there). Anyways, I am not planning on going pro or learning ridiculous counters, but I was just wondering if you had some suggestions for characters that I could get good with that may not require too complex of combinations (I have all characters unlocked besides Gouken and Seth) "
    There's a dude named one handed terror who only has one functional hand, but then again he still uses two hand playstyle. His left hand is pretty much not there, but he still uses the palm of it to control the joystick. Not sure exactly what your disability is though, forgive me for intruding. Also, are you using a gamepad or stick?
    v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By v

oh, not a problem... I technically have Cerebral Palsy, but it is pretty mild (and i've had surgeries on my arm and foot on my right side to correct stuff), so luckily I can still use my left hand (and walk for that matter), but I can't really control my right hands movement to the point where I could get it to go fast enough... As of right now, I am using a controller, and i'm on the PS3 

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By StaticFalconar

Hey Haunts, something on my mind lately 

I know you're philosophy is to just stick with one character and learn all that you can about them, but honestly some characters are easier to learn than others. So naturally most beginners pick Ryu or Ken when they start off. So what incentive would there be to switch characters from Ryu/Ken (or any other begginner characters) if theoretically you can just take any character and do well with them?

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By Stang
    @StaticFalconar: Comparing Ryu and Ken is ridiculous. Yeah, they share a somewhat common move set, but Ryu is godlike compared to Ken. Ryu/Sagat would have been much better. If somebody starts with Ryu, there really is no reason to switch to somebody else, granted the person understands how to properly use him. Ken on the other hand....lets just say things are not so easy with him. I have debated switching, but I just can't. 

If you want to go the tournament route, it takes a shit ton more dedication to use Ken compared to Ryu.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Stang: yeah, but to a begginner ryu and ken might as well be the same person hence I listed them as characters that most begginners go to first. Hell, if you don't know the timing and blocking low, Cammy is also a damn good beginner character since her DP stuffs a lot of stuff as well, but we all know her character really starts to shine in the hands of pros like Sanford kelly. I have had like about 4 mains (neither one is that great compared to someone that has played only character probably) by now and I just keep going in this vicious cycle of finding a character I like to use; going OCD on them for a while, then going ADD being bored with them and moving on. And of course when you pick up a new character, you will go through the noob phase again once to learn that character, yeah it may be a shorter noob phase than before, but its still there,.  
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Stang
    @StaticFalconar: The same can be said about all characters then, perhaps excluding Gen. Everybody falls into 1 of 2 categories in this game, charge or quarter circle-esque. From a beginners stand point, there is no difference. If a beginner can use Ryu, he can also use Akuma, Cammy, Ken, Sagat etc.
    haunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By haunts
    @StaticFalconar said:

" Hey Haunts, something on my mind lately  I know you're philosophy is to just stick with one character and learn all that you can about them, but honestly some characters are easier to learn than others. So naturally most beginners pick Ryu or Ken when they start off. So what incentive would there be to switch characters from Ryu/Ken (or any other begginner characters) if theoretically you can just take any character and do well with them? "

I think you're reading into what I was saying a little too much. The point I was trying to get across is when you find a character you really enjoy playing, then just stick with them. In the beginning I literally played every character in the game trying to figure out who I grooved with. Truth be told, I dont even groove with Sagat but he is the only character I can stand playing on a tournament level.  For me it just comes down on return on investment of time -- the more you put into one character the better you will get with them,  

@V said: 

" hello Haunts, tis quite nice to meet you!  Anyways, I have a question that is probably something that you don't get too often... So, I have a disability, and because of this, I use only my left hand when playing (i sit down and lay the controller on my right knee, then can do the controls from there). Anyways, I am not planning on going pro or learning ridiculous counters, but I was just wondering if you had some suggestions for characters that I could get good with that may not require too complex of combinations (I have all characters unlocked besides Gouken and Seth) "

This may come off as a bit biased isnce I'm a Sagat player, but I think he would be a good choice if you are able to throw High Tiger Shots.. Between Tiger Shots and his Standing Roundhouse you can do a lot of damage. 

If you can tell me to what extent you can do motions or inputs then that will help.  
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Scooper

Hey Haunts (or anyone else willing to drop some knowledge). I play Rose now and seem to get more wins with her then I used to with Guile and pretty much main Rose now but earlier today I was looking at the character screen and saw Fei Long sitting there so I spent 20 mins or so in training mode and he's really interesting. Do you have any tips as a newly started Fei player? I know Justin Wong done pretty damn good with him against Daigo once so obviously the character is no slauch, unless it was simply Daigo's unawareness of Fei that let Justin get so many wins.

What's Fei's strengths and weaknesses?

Edit: Never matter, I don't think I gel well with Fei. Don't worry about advice for Fei for me.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Scullinator

I purchased all the DLC costumes for SF4.  Do you think they will transfer to Super SF4?  The more I think about this new version comming out the more questions I have.  
    Like wont this new version split the player base?

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By lordofultima
    @Scullinator said:
    " I purchased all the DLC costumes for SF4.  Do you think they will transfer to Super SF4?  The more I think about this new version comming out the more questions I have.   Like wont this new version split the player base? "
    They've already said as much. Costumes you paid for will be available for free, but if you didn't purchase them you will still have to purchase them, and also the new new ones will be paid DLC as well. The new version won't split the player base because it's Street Fighter, and everyone jumps ship when a new one comes out. The only people left in Vanilla SFIV are the people who don't really play the game seriously.
    Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By Scullinator

True.  I traded mine in when I heard a new one was coming out.  Wanted to make sure I got a good value on the trade.  Now all I want to do is play SF4.  Cant wait for this new Super version to drop.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By Thrawn1

wtf everything looks all weird now...and facebook lol?

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Thrawn said:
    " wtf everything looks all weird now...and facebook lol? "
    Not the topic to be posting this in but whatever. IM no Mod so I dont give a shit!

Anyways you should of answered my text. You need to get that homework done if your coming today.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Thrawn: I like this new site stuff :D
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Scooper: Justin Wong gets so many wins off with Fei Because he's Justin Wong. 
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By Scooper
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " @Scooper: Justin Wong gets so many wins off with Fei Because he's Justin Wong.  "
    Yeah? Well Justin can suck my wong... BOOM! How'd you like those apples, punk-ass!?
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Scooper: lols
    v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By v
    @haunts said: 

This may come off as a bit biased isnce I'm a Sagat player, but I think he would be a good choice if you are able to throw High Tiger Shots.. Between Tiger Shots and his Standing Roundhouse you can do a lot of damage.  If you can tell me to what extent you can do motions or inputs then that will help.   "
    yeah... for the most part, I use the left stick with my middle and index finger, then use my thumb to press the face buttons (then when I need to do supers and ultras, i will change the positioning of the controller).  Right now, I am using Bison, and he seems somewhat easy to get used to, because the charging seems pretty easy for me to do...
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By lordofultima
    @V said:
    " @haunts said: 

This may come off as a bit biased isnce I'm a Sagat player, but I think he would be a good choice if you are able to throw High Tiger Shots.. Between Tiger Shots and his Standing Roundhouse you can do a lot of damage.  If you can tell me to what extent you can do motions or inputs then that will help.   "
    yeah... for the most part, I use the left stick with my middle and index finger, then use my thumb to press the face buttons (then when I need to do supers and ultras, i will change the positioning of the controller).  Right now, I am using Bison, and he seems somewhat easy to get used to, because the charging seems pretty easy for me to do... "
    That's an impressive feat, charging no less! Well, whatever works man, more power to you.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By Pessh

Any advice for someone just starting to play Boxer? I'm having a lot of trouble with the Bison matchup.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By thatpinguino  Moderator

do you have any advice for playing against seth, as a character without a fireball, with fei long or el fuerte he can just fireball/ stretchy arm/ teleport to keep me out all game long and then teleport in to spd at will, i eat a ton of damage getting in then he just teleports away on wake up. 

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By Thrawn1
    @Pessh: If you're just starting to play him then I suggest working on footsies. The best way to do that is to concentrate on a normal move and during a match make a mental note of all the times that that move would have been appropriate and try to start implementing what you've learned. Good normal moves for rog are croucing hk (sweep) and crouching hp or standing mp as anti-air for when they jump in on you. Get familiar with exactly how far the sweep reaches and you goal should be to make someone think you're in range of their best pokes, while you're either just out of range or have just enough time to get out of range and then counter with sweep. Then after you sweep them into knockdown you should dance around them forcing them to guess if you're gonna go for a throw or another sweep. once they get scared to play footsies the match should get pretty easy.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By Pessh
    @Thrawn: Thanks dude, really helpful. I use his sweep a lot anyway so shouldn't be too hard to figure out the range. I use cr.hp a lot as well because that seems like his only reliable anti-air. Tried Buffalo headbutt but I can't pull it off as easily. I probably use lp and cr.lp too much as well because my links are ok. As far as specials go I've been focusing mostly on tap, dash straight and dash low straight. Time to go work on some normals...
    thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By thegoldencat7
    @Pessh said:
    "Any advice for someone just starting to play Boxer? I'm having a lot of trouble with the Bison matchup. "

I noticed.
    misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By misterpope

This may be the noobiest of questions, but what does DP mean?  

As in, "he totally just DP/Hadoken'd me?" 

Thanks.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By Stang

Might as well add shoryuken = srk, just in case you get curious.

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By AniMoney
    @misterpope said:
    " This may be the noobiest of questions, but what does DP mean?   As in, "he totally just DP/Hadoken'd me?"  Thanks. "
    DP means double penetration 

So I should hope he did not DP you... 

*giggles*
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By Scooper
    @misterpope said:
    " @AniMoney said:
    " @misterpope said:
    " This may be the noobiest of questions, but what does DP mean?   As in, "he totally just DP/Hadoken'd me?"  Thanks. "
    DP means double penetration  So I should hope he did not DP you...  *giggles* "

So in that example that'd just mean Jab-Jab-Hadoken?

Oh. It all makes sense now. And I appreciated your immature joke very much.

"
    Sure, you can.
    misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By misterpope

Never mind. I am an idiot. I will go back to my SFIV suckage now.
    haunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By haunts

I've started a Fighting Game Glossary on iPlayWinner -- hope this helps some of you who are confused about some of the terms. It's still in it's infancy right now (needs to be alphabetized, lol) but we will be adding more soon. I also included a lot of slang terms used within the community if any of you are wondering what it means when someone is Gortons or Crunchy Golden..  :P

http://iplaywinner.com/glossary/

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By Shadow

alright, I'll give this one a shot...other than throwing, is there anything Cammy can do against turtling enemies?

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Stang
    @Shadow said:
    " alright, I'll give this one a shot...other than throwing, is there anything Cammy can do against turtling enemies? "
    No. Down back owns Cammy.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By AniMoney
    @Shadow said:
    " alright, I'll give this one a shot...other than throwing, is there anything Cammy can do against turtling enemies? "
    You have to mix in throws with your dive kicks to make them start teching, once they start pressing buttons you can open them up to bigger damage. 

Ex hooligan can catch people off guard sometimes but don't expect much from it.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By Stang
    @AniMoney said:
    " @Shadow said:
      Ex hooligan can catch people off guard sometimes but don't expect much from it. "
    Not if they are holding down back!
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By AniMoney
    @Stang said:
    " @AniMoney said:
    " @Shadow said:
      Ex hooligan can catch people off guard sometimes but don't expect much from it. "
    Not if they are holding down back! "
    Yeah but if they are full screen and think its safe to stand or throw a fireball it'll work.
    misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By misterpope

Another question here: anyway I can get better at my reaction time? I'll get hit with super-quick wake-up SRKs, or other well timed attacks, and will have nothing to defend with, since I'm kind of slow. Any tip I'm missing? thanks.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By Scooper
    @misterpope said:
    " Another question here: anyway I can get better at my reaction time? I'll get hit with super-quick wake-up SRKs, or other well timed attacks, and will have nothing to defend with "
    Yeah you do. Defend. You don't have to attack someone as they get up all the time. Sometimes block or sometimes go in for a throw. If they know you're always going to try something when they wake up they will always do a SRK. If you block and punish a few of those SRKs they start second guessing themselfs, then you can go in for the mixup. Unless they're dumb asses and continue to wake up SRK even after you've blocked it 100 times. In that case just block, punish, block, punish, block, punish, block, punish, win. Rince and repeat.
    misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By misterpope
    @Scooper said:
    " @misterpope said:
    " Another question here: anyway I can get better at my reaction time? I'll get hit with super-quick wake-up SRKs, or other well timed attacks, and will have nothing to defend with "
    Yeah you do. Defend. You don't have to attack someone as they get up all the time. Sometimes block or sometimes go in for a throw. If they know you're always going to try something when they wake up they will always do a SRK. If you block and punish a few of those SRKs they start second guessing themselfs, then you can go in for the mixup. Unless they're dumb asses and continue to wake up SRK even after you've blocked it 100 times. In that case just block, punish, block, punish, block, punish, block, punish, win. Rince and repeat. "

Guess its just my mind thats messing me up, and not my reaction time. I'll try this stuff thanks.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @misterpope said:
    " Another question here: anyway I can get better at my reaction time? I'll get hit with super-quick wake-up SRKs, or other well timed attacks, and will have nothing to defend with, since I'm kind of slow. Any tip I'm missing? thanks. "
    Quicker reaction time is a pure human skill, there is no trick other than practice. You could always do one of those reaction time flash games of press the spacebar or something if you really want to have a quantifiable way improving your reaction time. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.