Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Official "Street Fighter IV Pussies" thread. Share your stories!

• 68 results
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By toowalrus

So, there's been a lot of SFIV talk on Giant Bomb since its release, and it sounds like we've got  lot of talented players. It's good to see most of you understand the first rule of Street Fighter:

If it's in the game, it ain't cheap.

Why don't you learn to play for real and not be cheap? You fag!
    Why don't you learn to play for real and not be cheap? You fag!

Jumping is for little bitches, you n00b!
    Jumping is for little bitches, you n00b!

But not everyone gets it. I'm pretty much a beginner myself, but I've spent a lot of time practicing blocking and countering moves, and it really isn't that hard. See, I play as Ryu mostly, and find that his jumping high kicks, fireballs, dragon punches and hurricane kicks can be pretty effective. However, in one afternoon, I've received 3 different angry messages, which I find hilarious. I also like to save them, and let my friends listen to them later. Why not share them here? Post you're stories below!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By toowalrus

This one comes in from Guru Of Chaos, all it said was "learn a new move noob." Nothing intresting, but they got progressively funnier.

The next was was a voice message, sent by angry-black-man fallenghostm100, who says: "Yo man, learn how to fuckin' play and stop doing the same old moves, all ya'll mother-fuckers up in here do the same shit over and over, if you're gonna get the game, learn how to play it, read the fucking instruction booklet!" Dude, we laughed so hard when we heard this, oh man.

And the last one today is from DIRTY GLOVE 2020, who simply says "fuc u learn how 2 play an not spam the moves fag."

I responded to these with a simple text message saying "It's time you learn the golden rule of Street Fighter: If it's in the game, it ain't cheap. (psst... back on the d-pad will block fireballs.)"

God I love X-box Live...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Sounds like you suck at playing STREET FIGHTER but you don't suck at playing Ryu or Ken.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By fr0br0

People on PSN never send after game messages (At least I never get any). But I do get the occasional quitter who will quit after I mop him the first round. I even found one Akuma who set the game to one 30 second round who quit after I got first hit on him.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead
    TooWalrus said:
    "if you're gonna get the game, learn how to play it, read the fucking instruction booklet!""
    Irony is that the instruction booklet does nothing to help.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

You know why I'm not a pussy? I pick Ryu, not the inferior Ken.

(Edit) The problem I have with SFIV is that dumb-down form the superior SFIII. It's bad enough that Capcom did that, but what's even more bad is they strip-down Ryu from SFIII; where is the fuck is Ryu's High-Blade leg kick?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By BoG

I've only received one after game message, from a guy who was giving me advice to improve my game.

I did once get a guy who was playing as Fei Long. He was down one round, and I was low on life, while he was in decent shape. He whips out his super or ultra (can't remember) and I block it. The I whip out mine, and it leaves him with barely any life. He just screams into the mic, and I taunt, then walk over and jab him to finish it. Awesome.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By breadfan

I was playng some player matches against some guy and I kept winning and he disconnected mid match.  I usually send a message saying good game to people I play with and he replied saying 'thanks, i couldnt watch you own my 8 year old son anymore' 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

I have yet to have any angry messages sent to me while playing, although there's a couple of times I was expecting it.  All I gotta say is I can feel the frustration through the controller when I've blocked 'em in the corner with some electrical charge cheapness from Blanka.  Due to those cheap tactics, I quit playing Blanka and started focusing on Abel and Cammy.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By PureRok

I got one message from someone I pummeled with Cammy and I got a message after. All I could think was "Here it comes...", but to my surprise it was pretty upbeat.

"Cammy made Sagat cry :( (Good game)"

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NateDogg

Was playing a ranked match over live last night. I was using Fei against Zangief.  

The dude won the first round and then disconnected midway through the 2nd.

He would later message me saying I was boring to play against because I was running the whole time.

???? 

Now mind you.. I'm average at best so this was a bit surprising to hear.  I messaged back saying not to make excuses.  Then he would reply and say "Don't forget I one the first rund".  

I'm thinking dude.. why didn't you just finish me then lol... This was a ranked match.  

Anyways, it's nothing serious and I don't really care. I just thought it was kind of funny.. I mean, I don't want to get piledrived so logic tells me I should hit and run.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mike

"You know, usually when you're in a match and you find out you're a lot better than someone else, you take it easy on them and maybe offer to teach them how to play better...you asshole."

(During a ranked match)

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
    MB said:
    ""You know, usually when you're in a match and you find out you're a lot better than someone else, you take it easy on them and maybe offer to teach them how to play better...you asshole."

(During a ranked match)"
    ..asshole.

(I was the guy >:( )

no, not really :P
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By ImperiousRix

I've only had positive messages, and if the opponent was a good match (or even if I pummelled them 5 matches in a row).  As such, I think I should actually relay a POSITIVE experience I had.
    I wish I could recall the player, but we were in a player match and the first match they played as C. Viper, and I chose Vega.  I beat 'em in two straight rounds and went back to the lobby to find they weren't readying up.  I figgered "Agh, they're gonna tell me how cheap my Vega tactics are", but instead, I got a message that said this.  "Good match.  I love Vega but his moves seem so hard to do with the 360 controller :(", to which I replied, "Yeh, his Crystal Flash is tough to do consistently.  Nice C. Viper, btw".  We played one more match where they completely demolished me as Cammy whilst I was Ryu, and a message came through that said, "Nice match.  Well I gotta go eat lunch.  Hope to see you around, and go wreck some havoc with that Vega ;)"  Naturally I told them to take it easy and go kick some ass respectively.
    I just thought the whole thing was cool.  You don't see enough players like that.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#15  Edited By gla55jAw

I usually send people a nice comment if we play a tough match. And when I get totally owned I'll let the guy know how awesome they are.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By suneku

Makes me glad I don't play SF4 on XBL. Never gotten a message before. But I usually avoid using Ryu, Ken, or Akuma anyways.

XaiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By XaiaX

I've only played a few Player Matches on XBL, but they all seemed relatively good. Ended up friending most of them. Maybe the jackasses gravitate towards the ranked matches?

Johanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Johanz

Since I'm in Europe, I bet I only get matched against european people, that's probably why I have been missing out on this. I myself have only sent stuff like "Thanks for a great match". And I haven't recived any negative feedback on Xbox live either. So I guess I play fair? Or the people I play against are sensible people. :)

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By damswedon

my family has the rule of don't do the same move more than 3 times in a row (it was to stop me wiping the flor with frost/ sub-zero in mk). but that only applies to sitting in the same room fighting. online anything applies.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By I_smell
    TooWalrus said:
    "

This one comes in from Guru Of Chaos, all it said was "learn a new move noob." Nothing intresting, but they got progressively funnier.

The next was was a voice message, sent by angry-black-man fallenghostm100, who says: "Yo man, learn how to fuckin' play and stop doing the same old moves, all ya'll mother-fuckers up in here do the same shit over and over, if you're gonna get the game, learn how to play it, read the fucking instruction booklet!" Dude, we laughed so hard when we heard this, oh man.

And the last one today is from DIRTY GLOVE 2020, who simply says "fuc u learn how 2 play an not spam the moves fag."

I responded to these with a simple text message saying "It's time you learn the golden rule of Street Fighter: If it's in the game, it ain't cheap. (psst... back on the d-pad will block fireballs.)"

God I love X-box Live...

"
    If everyone's telling you to stop doing the same move, then shit: Stop doing the same move. You know it's annoying people, so stop playing like a dick. Whether it's cheap or not, it's definately not fun to face a guy who just keeps fireballing.

Anyway I've only ever had like good game messages.
    Except for one guy I was facinng with a microphone. I was, by pure accident, hustling the shit out of him. Apparantly, Cammy has alot of moves that make her invulnerable to fireballs and ultra combos. So he was shoutin WHAT THE FUCK and I was like I DON'T KNOW, I'M SORRY and I got a Perfect and won.
    Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Randolph
    I_smell said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    If everyone's telling you to stop doing the same move, then shit: Stop doing the same move. You know it's annoying people, so stop playing like a dick. Whether it's cheap or not, it's definately not fun to face a guy who just keeps fireballing.
    Those people are just blubbering vagina's though, why let them force the rest of us to play within a cage of imaginary rules and codes of "honor"?  PLAY TO WIN.  If someone is just tossing fireballs all day, it should be easy to counter them.  Smart players will then do something else.  They want a player to stop using the same move so much?  Stop allowing them to hit you with the same move so much.  The problem is on the whiners end, not the one playing the game the way it is intended to be played.  (to win) I used Goukens counter position too much on a Cammy using jumping HK, and the dude started jumping at me, but then landing right in front of me and throwing me, faking me out and leaving me wide the hell open.  I had to do something else.  "Problem" solved.
    HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HiroSeven

If somone is going to do something as predictable as the same moves over and over again, I don't see the reason to get angry at them. If anything its probably 'you' who needs to show the guy that spamming won't work on everyone. Will they stop doing that move? Probably not, but at least it [might] force them to change their playing habits and not look like such an amateur.

This game does seem like it's tipped towards the favour of certain characters, thus I personally think playing as ie. Ken [for some people] is like plyaing SF IV with training wheels on. In fact I'm training myself on different characters because of the ease of play when using Ken or Akuma. On the flip side, it's perfectly plausible to use Ken and attain victory without Shoryuken, Tatsu maki sennpukayku or Hadoken; it's harder... but plausible.

I've only played online via friend invites so I cant say that I've had first hand ranked experience, but I want to start earning battle points so I hope to see some you out there; go easy on me will ya!? =]

-hiro

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By turbomonkey138

i get it all the time when i play as balrog . They think i do the same move over again but most of balrogs moves look the same .

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
    turbomonkey138 said:
    "i get it all the time when i play as balrog . They think i do the same move over again but most of balrogs moves look the same . "
    I swear every single Balrog player just crouch blocks then hits you four times with low punch and then a charged headbutt. Rinse and repeat.

Although I'll admit it's a good strategy, I was still on the verge of punching a hole through my wall. :P
    bagmanforhire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By bagmanforhire

I hear this all the time with m.bisons head stomp and i don't care if i do it over and over, if your dumb enough not to block and/or find out how to stop it (pssst walk backwards when his in the air) thats your problem but the thing is I KNOW HOW TO PLAY people just need to stop bitching and get better, i remember playing SF3TS on xbox i fought this guy maybe 20x he waxed me almost every time then he quit and sent me a message saying "why did you keep fighting me?", i said "the only way i will get better is to fight people better than me".

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The only message I ever got was a good one and it made me feel proud in some kind of wierd way.  It said something to the effect of....

"You have inspired me to play Dan!"

I felt pretty good after I got that message as Dan is my first character choice and I usually end up destroying people with him. Glad to see im inspiring others rather than just pissing everybody off

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hulk

Haven't gotten an overabundance of shit talking.  But have had a fair amount of friend requests and people asking for tips on how to do various things.

RIP_Icewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RIP_Icewood

From all this it sounds like playing SFIV online isnt even worth the time. 

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hulk
    RIP_Icewood said:
    "From all this it sounds like playing SFIV online isnt even worth the time. "
    You will get 50 times the amount of trash talking messages from games like Halo 3,  COD, or Gears of War.  Most SF4 players online that take the time to actually communicate are very respectful and encouraging.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jeffsekai
    Hulk said:
    "RIP_Icewood said:
    You will get 50 times the amount of trash talking messages from games like Halo 3,  COD, or Gears of War.  Most SF4 players online that take the time to actually communicate are very respectful and encouraging."
    agreed, I  was playing SF IV yesturday and for the first time in years someone actually said gg i was quit taken back
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#31  Edited By ImperiousRix
    Hulk said:
    "RIP_Icewood said:
    You will get 50 times the amount of trash talking messages from games like Halo 3,  COD, or Gears of War.  Most SF4 players online that take the time to actually communicate are very respectful and encouraging."
    Hulk speaks the truth...
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Reale
    RIP_Icewood said:
    for all the hate messages i have received, i have also received a lot of NICE messages! from people saying "your great" (bless the scrubs lol) to people complementing me on using multiple characters (Dictator/dhalsim/akuma) and then from people on the same skill level "GG's" and the likes..

so it is worth playing online, i have recieved more friend requests from SFIV than any other single game...
    Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By Tylea002

Only one I had was

Someon on xbox live said:

"lmfao pussy backing off and doing one move lmfao your shit"
    I used gouken and he fell for the upwards fireball the whole match, and kicked his but with the 5 combo kick move. Was an awesome match, he was not the nicest of people. I almost managed to do a perfect another time and the guy quit when he was down to no health. That was annoying, as I have never perfected a live person before, yet was succeeding with gouken's fireballs and awesome range of in air kicks.
    hoody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hoody

I would laugh my ass off at someone if they literally lost to nothing but fireballs. How much do you have to suck for that to beat you?

supersatanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By supersatanic

LOL. Wow you are right that is hilarious.

I beat some guy's akuma with my dan and he wrote : "you fuckin fag.pick some one els besides homo dan."  (Exact pronunciation of his)
    I picked dan again ,but this time he beat me ,so he writes : "fat chance. you fuckin nerd . just go back to picturin dans dick in ur mouth and shut up." (Exact pronouciation,again)
    I picked dan again and he picked M.bison, I came awfully close to beating him again ,so then he wrote : " i used shitty characters when u used him and won...and you babyd out .so just keep thinkin dat" ( 'dats' how he spelled it)

His ID is :JuGgALO 7 , If you ever meet him online, say hi to him from me.

Magresda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Magresda

This makes me glad I play SFIV on PSN. I haven't yet played a ranked match, and I don't even want to know my win/loss ratio in player matches.

I usually send the guy a message if I play 10+ matches with him, which is pretty common in a player match. They usually respond and you can get a friendly conversation going, even if you are on completely different skill levels.
    ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#37  Edited By ManMadeGod

I play as Zangief and  get the expected  "Omg dude grabs are so cheap!" crap all the time.

s3ank1m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By s3ank1m

alright i was playing as ryu my main and this guy was playing ken he beat me in a very close game so he sends me a massege taht says "u suck" then i reply  "dont start this bs" next game i totaly mop the floor with him, then i send a message "who sucks again?" he replies "dude im old school" so then i beat him again and he disconnects at the victory screen.

another one is more recent like i said ryus my main so i kept picking him and i beat the crap out of this one guy and u sends "pick someone else ya homo" i reply "dude im gonna use someone im good with get over it" then the next game i beat him and he sends "you always pick ryu and jerk off to him" then i send him "dude i play to win if u cant beat me get over it its a fucken game do something better with ur time if ur gonna bitch about" then he replies "ur still a fag" and i reply "ur still a little bitch"

only thing i dont like about the online is ppl can be total douchebags but lot of ppl are pretty cool after u congrats them a good game like this extremly good akuma player that i played it was close but he beat me and i added him, and he taught me some moves with ryu and akuma.

prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By prinny_god

you can always uses Russel Brand's comeback to hatemail it being
     "dear (put name here) reading between the lines I have found this to be a homosexual come on, which I accept!"
    or don't have their argument have your own demand your jacket back from them

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By turbomonkey138

how is this the same ??? my thread is talking about hatemail people have recivied . *facepalm*

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By toowalrus

That's exactally what this was SUPPOSED to be, but it never turned out right. Read my 2nd posts, three awesome hate-filled messages.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By turbomonkey138

why didnt you delete and repost with a different topic then ?

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By SSbabel

"TooWalrus said:
    If you cant beat someone who is simply only spamming fireballs id say stop playing fighting games.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jeffsekai

Just had this happen, was in a player match ( I was Blanka he was Akuma) he raped me the 1st round ( as most Akumas do I have a hard time fighting them) and won the 2nd round after a very close fight. So we both ready up and fight again, 1 st  round early on and I  realize the guy is just waiting for me to jump in and then he sweeps me and combos etc, so I jump in block, sweep rinse and repeat and I win easily ( even had to jump over a close range unltra) 2nd round was basically mor of the same but right when it was about to say K.O. he ragequitted ,  even tho it was a player match it still botherd me so i msged him calling  him a ragequitting scrub .

Shits getting old

hoody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By hoody

I don't usually talk shit to other players. I mean... it's way rare. But I can't stand quitters, so they sometimes catch hell from me.

So yeah, I played a ranked match against some Zangief player and ripped him to shreds. We wound up in another match together, and this time he chose Ken. More of the same, except this time he quit when I dizzied him and he didn't have any damage on me.

When I saw his name on the lobby list after that, I deliberately chose a match with him, just to see what he'd do. He dropped out of the lobby. So I sent him a message: "You better run..."

He responds back: "Suck my dick bitch."
    Me: "Haha... you wasted your money on a game that's too hard for you. Go play Viva Pinata or something."
    Him: "Stop [sending me love letters]." I forget the message, exactly.
    Me: "Awww... but my mouth just can't stay away from pussies. Have fun sucking dick at SFIV!"

It didn't end there. I found him in the lobby yet again, and joined. This time he stuck around and chose Guile. Before the match started, he got a message from me that just said, "Hi!!" Anyway, the match commenced, I beat him, but he this had been his best showing. Feeling like a bit of a shithead, I messaged him one more time with, "gg." His response was priceless.

"Man you're a fucking dick. Add me. You're my goal."

He's on my friends list now. I won't be mean to him anymore.

I just want to add that I'm seriously not a poor sport OR an elitist prick, but quitters are my weakness. They bring out the worst in me, heh.

dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dantebk

I've only been playing SFIV for a couple days, but I just got my first message.  I'm a Balrog player (but to the complainers above me, I try not to spam moves -- maybe I use the crouch-HK a lot, but who doesn't?), and was facing a Sakura.  I beat him, and he simply sent message back saying:  "untalented faggot."

I was a bit surprised.  I considered responding but figured, why bother?  A lot of people don't expect much from ol' Balrog...

I too get mad sometimes when people spam moves.  Especially from Ken/Ryu/Akuma/Gouken.  Still, I agree it's all fair, I just don't think it's particularly fun. 

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By slinky6

sucks when you're trying to learn a new character and some asshole is beaking you and you don't have your headset on to swear at him.   Only happened to me once, but it hurt my balls.

logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By logson

Just beat a Ken with the gamertag Xiepher, who somehow had 1000bp, and Instantly received a voice message.
    Ass said:

"inst3d uv krowching N l0w kikk1n N sh1t, why dun't you l34rn 2 plai tha geyme, d1kk l1kk?"
    At first listen, it thought he might spell things with letters, but after futher examination it was clear this man uses numbers in his sentences.

hoody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By hoody
    logson said:
    "Just beat a Ken with the gamertag Xiepher, who somehow had 1000bp, and Instantly received a voice message.
    Ass said:
    "inst3d uv krowching N l0w kikk1n N sh1t, why dun't you l34rn 2 plai tha geyme, d1kk l1kk?"
    At first listen, it thought he might spell things with letters, but after futher examination it was clear this man uses numbers in his sentences."
    Beating people with one move is funny :D

Even better if that move happens to be sweep, lol.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheHBK

seriously, if its in the game, its not cheap, until Capcom releases a patch to change something, then anything goes.  Also, spamming with moves, that should work to your advantage, since they become predictable and spamming, if the guy can't get out of the corner, then he shouldnt be fucking playing.  Learn to get out of the corner!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.