Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tony Hawk: RIDE

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The tenth game in the Tony Hawk series, RIDE featured the use of a newly conceived skateboard peripheral in an attempt, by Activision, to reboot the series.

Wowzah

Joseppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Edited By Joseppie

I just happened to see a story on Kotaku showing the Gamestop listing for Tony Hawk: RIDE. Now, as Kotaku smartly points out, these listings can often contain false information like the release date. However, one thing that Gamestop is rarely wrong about is the price. Makes sense, given their super-mega-ultra-hyper business nature...but I digress.

Damn you peripherals! DAMN YOU!

The listing shows a $119.99 pricetag for RIDE.

Look, Tony, I love ya man. Especially if we're talking back in the day. You've done some pretty awesome stuff. But your more recent entries have been...how do I want to put this...lackluster. And at this moment--you know, the economic downturn--I don't feel that you're quite a sound entertainment investment. Sorry, but we're going to go another direction.

Anyone else suddenly less interested?
    Joseppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Joseppie

I just happened to see a story on Kotaku showing the Gamestop listing for Tony Hawk: RIDE. Now, as Kotaku smartly points out, these listings can often contain false information like the release date. However, one thing that Gamestop is rarely wrong about is the price. Makes sense, given their super-mega-ultra-hyper business nature...but I digress.

The listing shows a $119.99 pricetag for RIDE.

Look, Tony, I love ya man. Especially if we're talking back in the day. You've done some pretty awesome stuff. But your more recent entries have been...how do I want to put this...lackluster. And at this moment--you know, the economic downturn--I don't feel that you're quite a sound entertainment investment. Sorry, but we're going to go another direction.

Anyone else suddenly less interested?
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I lost interest after 2.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187
    Claude said:
    I lost interest after 2.
    4 was the last one I enjoyed.  After that, everything just made me wanna crush baby skulls with metallic feet.

DUN-DUN DUN DUH DUN DUN!!!
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Bigandtasty

I lost interest after Underground.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#5  Edited By JackiJinx

I lost interest after the word Hawk.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Gizmo

Tony Hawks 3 was excellent. I still remember grinding around the city whilst listening to Paparazzi by Xzibit. That game had a excellent map-maker, a excellent sound-track and simple, fun gameplay.

Unfortunately it went downhill after that.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Jensonb

I wasn't interested to begin with. I do not look to Tony Hawk games for pseudo-realism, I look to skate for that crap. From Tony, I want batshit freaking loco stunts, high scores and excessive use of the word "rad".

AlexMarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By AlexMarra

I lost interest after I heard about the skateboard peripheral. I hate peripherals. Besides, Tony Hawk hasn't really been good since before Bam Margera dry humped the franchise to death. Thank God they took "Pro Skater" out of the franchise name a long time ago.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead

This is going to fail so badly. No one who's interested in Tony Hawk wants to actually skate. It's like putting out a punch bag for Mortal Kombat.

Joseppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joseppie
    @HandsomeDead: Good point. But if they released a spine-ripper-outter peripheral, now we're talking.
    turambar35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By turambar35

The last one I played was Underground.

I don't see why they need a skateboard peripheral. The only people who will probably be vaguely interested in it are the casual Wii players who buy every peripheral Nintendo puts out. So if Tony Hawk feels like he absolutely needs a peripheral, why not just keep it on the Wii and try to use the balance board that a lot of people already have?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#12  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Loved Tony Hawk 2 and 3, but I lost interest after that.  I'm kinda thinking about picking one of the newer ones up used to enjoy the old gameplay, but I'm not gonna pay near that price for a new Tony Hawk game.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Poor deluded Tony.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.