Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

GameCube Games?

• 100 results
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By nanikore
    @JohnRehill said:
    " @nanikore said:
    " Sorry, but there are no good Gamecube games. "
    Facts backing this up? "
     Sorry, but facts are a myth.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By oldschool
    @nanikore said:
    " @JohnRehill said:
    " @nanikore said:
    Facts backing this up? "
     Sorry, but facts are a myth. "
    Well you are right that you can't factually prove a game is good as all games, no matter how good people think they are, will be anything from god awful to GOTY.  So I agree that facts about subjective views are a myth.  However, it also means that there are no good games at all, on any system.  We just make our own fun.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@nanikore said:
    So wrong. 

The Gamecube might be the most underrated console in the history of video games. Woefully under-supported. But the titles it had really shined. 

The REmake is kind of a classic in its own right, separate from that of the original Resident Evil. And Resident Evil 4 goes without saying.
    Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#54  Edited By Jost1
    @nanikore: You have poor taste in games this is a fact.

My favourite gamecube games are Resident Evil remake and Wind Waker but there are loads to pick from :)
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By xyzygy

Baten Kaitos! 

@oldschool: Damn you beat me to it! I agree it is the best RPG on the Gamecube. So many fond memories with Kalas and the crew!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@august said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @august said:
    "  The camera in Mario Sunshine is a war crime."
    What? That had the best controllable camera I have seen in a game. You could literally place it anywhere you wanted.  Unless you didn't want to control it, which is silly considering it's a 3D platformer, and the camera is the really big part of the gameplay, so one that you can control very well is a good camera. "
    A good camera is one where the default position isn't useless 60% of the goddamn time. Like it was in Sunshine.    There's a reason Jeff described playing the game as an office-door-closed affair. "
    I hated Sunshine's level design more than anything. 

Well, maybe. I don't know, I found the whole premise of that game really bland.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By oldschool
    @xyzygy said:
    " Baten Kaitos! 

@oldschool: Damn you beat me to it! I agree it is the best RPG on the Gamecube. So many fond memories with Kalas and the crew! "
    I had the most horrid experience with the game.  I was playing away, having a great time and I actually managed to finish the first disc.  Great, I thought.  So I changed the disc and my memory card corrupted and I lost the whole thing.  I was crushed.  It took me nearly a year to start it again.  I just couldn't get over the disappointment and horror, despite loving the game.  Thing is, I still haven't finished it and this thread is making me want to go back and do it all over again.  

Where is my damn Baten Kaitos Wii?????????? 

If you loved Baten Kaitos, have you played Eternal Sonata on the 360?  Reminds me so much of Baten Kaitos and is a joy to play as well.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By Meowayne

Baten Kaitos is a beautiful game... but I just couldn't get into the combat. The card-based combat turned me off so much that stopped playing after 5-6 hours and sold the game.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By oldschool
    @Meowayne said:
    " Baten Kaitos is a beautiful game... but I just couldn't get into the combat. The card-based combat turned me off so much that stopped playing after 5-6 hours and sold the game. "
    I would certainly agree that it is a niche game and highly subject to personal taste.  I really enjoyed the card system, once I figured it out (I can be a little slow with these things).  One thing against this game though was the voices.  It sounded like they were recorded in a tin shed - very odd.  The beautiful music made up for it.
    RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By RandomHero666

Resident evil REmake.. best game in the series imo.
    All the other Resi games.
    Pikmin 1 & 2.
    Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Illmatic

Mario Kart: Double Dash
    Metroid Prime 1 and 2
    Viewtiful Joe

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By xyzygy
    @oldschool said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " Baten Kaitos! 

@oldschool: Damn you beat me to it! I agree it is the best RPG on the Gamecube. So many fond memories with Kalas and the crew! "
    I had the most horrid experience with the game.  I was playing away, having a great time and I actually managed to finish the first disc.  Great, I thought.  So I changed the disc and my memory card corrupted and I lost the whole thing.  I was crushed.  It took me nearly a year to start it again.  I just couldn't get over the disappointment and horror, despite loving the game.  Thing is, I still haven't finished it and this thread is making me want to go back and do it all over again.   Where is my damn Baten Kaitos Wii??????????  If you loved Baten Kaitos, have you played Eternal Sonata on the 360?  Reminds me so much of Baten Kaitos and is a joy to play as well. "
    Yeah, I actually own the game. It's amazing  - the light and innocent tone that it sets just really makes for a great, fun game. I love how EVERYTHING is inspired by music! Swords made of Fiddleheads, Parasols made of Flutes, Guns made of Oboes, Bows made of Violin Bows.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#63  Edited By AgentJ

I only recommend the best: 

Gamecube Top 25 Lifetime

The best and brightest on Nintendo's little purple lunchbox

1. Resident Evil 4

There isn't much that hasn't already been said about this masterpiece. It re-energized the Resident Evil franchise in a way that hasn't been seen since Prince of Persia. It changed the focus from pure horror to more of an action game with very intense moments. It can be said that no other game influenced the now-popular Gears of War series more than Resident Evil 4, in the camera perspective, cover mechanic (while it wasn't often used in Resident Evil, the cover mechanic was what made Gears of War the game it was) and gory presentation Gears is now known for. A lot of love was pumped into this product, making it one of the best looking and most atmospheric games in its generation. While not everyone loved the control scheme, it is clear that it was a tremendous leap forward when compared to the rest of the games in the series. Being forced to stand still while plugging away at pursuers created a real sense of panic in this gamer, often causing me to miss easy and important shots, which of course resulted in a "You are Dead". While skilled players could often conserve the majority of their ammo for when they really needed it, first time players often suffered from the classic Resident Evil issue of not having anything to put in their gun, which forced them to run around looking for an opportune knife fight. The interactive cutscenes were intense, and, while often frustrating, unquestionably added to the game. While the level design rarely matched the level of care that the initial village reached, overall the world that Leon Kennedy explored in the game was beautiful and allowed for a lot of freedom. And I would be remiss if i didn't mention the boss fight against "Salazar's right hand". That creature haunted my nightmares. Still does.

2. Metroid Prime

Metroid fans had to wait a long time after the release of Super Metroid to get another entry in the series. And my oh my, Metroid Prime delivered. Retro Studios created a product with more love than any 3D entry in a Nintendo property has ever received. The controls were natural and exquisite, though weren't as widely enjoyed by fans of free-aiming first person shooters. The graphics were beautifully realized, and in this writers opinion, surpass those of Resident Evil 4 3 years before the later even showed up. The story was told in a form that was completely unique to the game, presented through scan-able in-game screens and displays. Each and every boss fight was an intense challenge, just the way boss fights are supposed to be. It truely felt like a 3D representation of the 2D masterpiece we all remember and love. Retro deserves a big thank you for doing such a great conversion, because for every 3D Mario and Zelda game, there are 3D Worms, Sonics and Castlevanias. This game hit the nail on the head, and was one of the first games since The Legend of Zelda: OOT that would have completely deserved 10 out of 10.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

While many consider Twlight Princess to be a Wii game, many of the facts run in the face of this theory. First of all, it was originally announced as a Gamecube title, only later splitting the billing. The game certainly doesn't live up to the Wii's increased graphical capabilities. The most glaring problem however? The world is flipped. In the gamecube version, all the worlds elements are in the same spot as they were in past Zelda titles like Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. To satisfy right-handed gamers, Nintendo turned the world on its head and put the desert on the right and the lake on the left. An absolute travesty, and why TP is on this list. It is the best in the series in my opinion.

4. Tales of Symphonia

Many may consider this an upset to be in the top 5. Not me. This game has been tragically overlooked year after year by the critics and gaming websites as one of the best games to hit the GameCube. Frankly, it doesn’t make any sense to me. Tales of Symphonia is one of the best RPGs to ever hit a Nintendo console. It’s not quite Chrono Trigger, not quite Final Fantasy VI, not quite Secret of Mana, but it deserves to be talked about in the same breath as these classics. Why? As with the rest of the top 5, the most important aspect is the game play. Giving gamers the chance to fight on a 3D plane like Soul Calibur or Tekken was genius, and it worked out nearly perfectly. The fighting system allowed for more freedom than can be usually found in the JRPG realm which tends to have more walls and rules than customization. There were partner combos, AI strategies, meaningful job classes, skill points, tech points, and once everyone joined your party, you could play as any of them, which is rare for RPGs in general. Each of the characters in the game have diehard fans, and for good reason. This certainly isn’t a happy go lucky type of game; there were often real consequences for the choices the characters made, and those choices often went very badly. There is a knock to be seen in this game, and that is in the audio department, where, while the soundtrack is most certainly up to snuff, the numerous vocal tracks often sound grainy or filtered. But it is a blemish on an otherwise fantastic game.

5. F-Zero GX

I debated for quite a while on which game should take the number 5 spot. 1-4 were pretty obvious for me once I figured out exactly which order they should go in, but I had about 5 other games that I thought belonged in this spot. Why did I choose F-Zero GX? There are a number of reasons, but what brought it ahead in the photo finish was the sheer brutal difficulty of the game. This game is HARD. Much harder than any game I’ve played since, well, I don’t know when. I still haven’t beaten the mission mode on the Hard setting yet, and there is still another difficulty setting after that. I could talk about the well-tuned controls, great graphical prowess, and breakneck speed, but it’s the difficulty that will stick out in the minds of every gamer that has tried their hand at it. Obviously, that difficulty will turn off a lot of gamers, but for everyone else it will bring back memories of the old days where simply finishing certain games was impressive in itself. And let me make it clear. This game is not cheap-hard. It’s not like Mario Kart where being in first place is hazardous, or you suddenly get stomped flat out of nowhere. It’s just old-school hard.

6. Super Smash Bros. Melee

The Nintendo GameCube was not a marketplace success. It only went on to sell about 22 million consoles worldwide. But one game was able to wedge itself in with a third of those console sales to become by a good margin the best-selling game on the Cube. Super Smash Bros sold over 7 million units, and a third of Nintendo's console market can't be wrong. Ignoring some of the miss-steps like adding Pichu and the infamous "clone" characters, the game was a perfect evolution from the fan-favorite n64 game. The character set was for the most part balanced, and many of the characters had never looked better. But the big draw was the easy to play/hard to master game play, which made the original such a hit and its sequel, Brawl, one of the best sellers for the Wii. All that was needed for beginners to have a good time were the control stick and the A and B buttons. More advanced gamers were able to take advantage of grabs, dodges, double jumps, and even advanced techniques like wave-dashing. The game was also a time-sink that many gamers left in their GameCube’s for months at a time (though that could be equally attributed to what some would call a weak lineup). This is a game that will stand the test of time as one of the best head-to-head multiplayer games the industry has ever seen.

7. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

I have been a big fan of the Fire Emblem games since the first one hit America on the GBA, and was “super psyched” when I heard Nintendo was making a console version for the first time since the Super Nintendo. This game delivered. The strategy was, as always, excellent, but the elements that make this my favorite Fire Emblem game were the presentation and story, which were both at the top of their game. Especially great were the cut scenes. The style was unique, and drew me in as soon as I watched the opening cinematic. While Ike was a big bag of douche in SSBB, in Fire Emblem he was a character to root for. And the story was much more interesting than the standard Fire Emblem fare, which used to simply be a reason why one battlefield was different than the next. Nintendo, for the only time that I can think of, approached the issue of racism in the form of ancient feuds between the Beorc(human) and Laguz(Human/animal) which created a story and world with relatable issues and ramifications.

8. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

This is far and away the best version of Metal Gear Solid available. Keep your Playstation version for the memories, but it doesn’t even compare. This is Metal Gear Solid the way it was meant to be played (before Metal Gear Solid 4 came in and took that mantel at least). So much was added and improved upon in Silicon Knights first project since Eternal Darkness that the original source material looks like the Zelda CD-I games in comparison. Solid Snake looks, sounds, and plays better. Psycho Mantis looks better (shiver). Meryl’s ass looks better. Every aspect of this game was improved on in the remake. This game is an example that all other remakes should aspire to. But don’t look at it as a simple remake. Instead, think of it as a gift to those who loved the original.

9. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Some of you may wonder why I had this game so far away from the number 1 slot. The reason can be found in its pacing, but I will get to that later. In almost every regard, the game is excellent. It controls like a Zelda game should, the story was certainly more than adequate, and the technical merits were off the charts. Yes, I loved the art style. It was absolutely gorgeous on the cube. Also, among final boss fights, the Wind Wakers final fight with Ganondorf stands out as one of my all time favorites. I also loved the musical flourishes that accompanied every sword swipe and finishing blow. The problem with this game? The Triforce hunting. Between the middle and end of the game, the player is expected to go fishing for 8 pieces of the triforce. It’s not fun, not all that intuitive, it feels like artificial stretching of the game, and it completely breaks any momentum the game had. Nintendo should have left this out and taken some criticism for having a fairly short game. Instead they tacked on a weak gameplay element, and the game as a whole suffered for it. But that said, it still deserves the ninth spot on this list.

10. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

This is the Resident Evil formula done horribly right. Silicon Knights, who later went on to do Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, know how to use video games to expose emotions, most notably fear and discomfort. Eternal Darkness is a jarring game that will leave you wishing you had left the light on, and at the same time leave you begging for more. What is especially surprising is that this is a Nintendo-published game. While Nintendo is most well known for their lighter fare, Eternal Darkness demonstrates what can happen when Nintendo’s resources are thrown behind a dark and moody project. And maybe we would get more of those projects had more of you bought this game.

11. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader

For a game that came out alongside the console in late 2001, Rogue Leader sure is beautiful. In fact, I cannot think of a movie based game that looks this good, and that isn’t to say anything of how it plays. This was the first time, and still the only time, where I felt like I was actually playing a movie. Everything that every developer has ever done wrong on a movie game is done entirely right here. It gave players gigantic free-roam areas that had recognizable icons from the movies, the best dog fights this side of Starfox 64, and is an elite example of how the use of sound can make a game great. Your squad teammates talk to you and the great laser sound effects suck the player into the experience. It’s a shame that Factor 5 wasted their talent on Lair. I can’t wait to see them do right again for the genre.

12. Killer7

This was very much a love-it or hate-it game, so I won’t be shocked if you played it and disliked it. However, few can deny the sheer quality and style that can be found in this unique title from the makers of No More Heroes. The best way to describe it is as an on-rails action title with a lot of gunplay. People used to Halo and Half Life may have a hard time appreciating the pacing, but those who go in with a blank slate are the people who will love the game for what it is. As with all of Suda 51s work, much of the love is in the style. He creates great characters, and crafts a great story around them, which he then builds the unique approach of the game from. Again, this game is a hit-or-miss, but it definitely hit me, and has become a personal favorite.

13. Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat

I know what you are thinking. Yes, this is one of those Donkey Kong games that were controlled with the Ill-fated Bongo controllers. No, it wasn’t one of the DDR rip-offs. Instead, it is a Donkey Kong game that harkens back to the days when Rare was in charge of the franchise while adding some palpable Nintendo flavor that has been missing since the arcade days. The controls are simple; hitting the left bongo runs left, while hitting the right bongo runs right. Hitting them faster makes Kong run faster. Hitting both at the same time causes Kong to jump, and clapping has DK clap his hands hitting nearby enemies. For people who can get past what can easily be perceived as a gimmick, this is going to be a notoriously fun game to play, as long as nobody is in the same room as you. Others however, may be too embarrassed to give this great Donkey Kong game a chance.

14. Pikmin

Pikmin and Pikmin 2 Yeah, I’m cheating a little bit here. I just couldn’t find justification to place two very similar games in two different spots on my list. Both of these games are fantastic, and demonstrate just how an RTS can be done on a console. Miyamoto put a lot of love into these two games, and the hard work resulted in two of the games that will probably be most remembered when he leaves the business. The eerie charm of the Pikmin along with the brutality of seeing them eaten is probably a big reason why this franchise has created such a draw.

15. Viewtiful Joe

Capcom has some serious representation on this list .Viewtiful Joe is one of 3 games they created for the GameCube that have made my top 25. In fact, all 3 were at one time supposed to be Nintendo exclusives, before Capcom began to realize how bad the Nintendo console market had become. Nevertheless, Capcom created a veritable stable of great games outside of Nintendo’s own studios, many of which warranted day-one purchases. Viewtiful Joe was a 2.5D platformer oozing with style. Much like The Wind Waker, Joe utilized a cel-shaded art style, where the unique trait was Joe’s ability to alter time. Fast-forwarding, Rewinding, pausing, and other powers all had an effect on both the title character and the area around him. It was a mechanic that worked well, and turned Joe into a money printer near the end of the GameCube’s console generation.

16. Super Mario Sunshine

I knew I would have to come to this game sooner or later, and it was a game I was not looking forward to ranking. After all, it was a Mario game, which pretty much guarantees it a spot on any top list. However, for a Mario game it excelled at being average. It looked good, but other games looked better. It played well, but for the majority of the game it relied on a contrived gimmick, a water cannon, that probably would have been better served in its own game rather than being shoe-horned into Mario. When people look back at the very best Mario games ever made, Sunshine will probably be near the bottom of that list.

17. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

I actually like all 3 of the Prince of Persia games about equally, so you could say I cheat

18. Soul Calibur II

A great fighter, but one that hasn’t aged as well as classics like Tekken Tag or Street Fighter II, or even the original Soul Calibur

19. Skies of Arcadia: Legends

Looks great despite being essentially a port of a Dreamcast game

20. 1080° Avalanche

Amazingly this game wasn’t taken to nearly as well as the original was. I put away a lot of time in this, and especially loved the soundtrack.

21. Beyond Good & Evil

A sadly neglected game. We are all lucky that a sequel is on its way

22. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

An underrated card-based RPG

23. Ikaruga

A remake of the ridiculously hard Dreamcast classic. seriously, this game is way too tough

24. Resident Evil

Yet another remake, this one is of likely the most popular survival horror game ever made. It's also the remake of this list with the largest changes made.

25. Animal Crossing

While not as good as its DS sequel, Animal Crossing set a surprising precedent, that weird Japanese sims can actually make it in the west.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#64  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Resident evil REmake, RE0, RE2, RE3.
    Tales of Symphonia, Fire emblem Path of Radiance, Skies Of Arcadia

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By luce
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By oldschool
    @xyzygy said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " Baten Kaitos! 

I had the most horrid experience with the game.  I was playing away, having a great time and I actually managed to finish the first disc.  Great, I thought.  So I changed the disc and my memory card corrupted and I lost the whole thing.  I was crushed.  It took me nearly a year to start it again.  I just couldn't get over the disappointment and horror, despite loving the game.  Thing is, I still haven't finished it and this thread is making me want to go back and do it all over again.   Where is my damn Baten Kaitos Wii??????????  If you loved Baten Kaitos, have you played Eternal Sonata on the 360?  Reminds me so much of Baten Kaitos and is a joy to play as well. "
    Yeah, I actually own the game. It's amazing  - the light and innocent tone that it sets just really makes for a great, fun game. I love how EVERYTHING is inspired by music! Swords made of Fiddleheads, Parasols made of Flutes, Guns made of Oboes, Bows made of Violin Bows. "
    My musically inclined daughter just loved ES as well.  A rather  unique JRPG this generation.  I hope for more whimsical ones like ES and BK this generation.
    bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67  Edited By bonbolapti

chibi-robo (aka adventure houseclean) :D
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I see you have plenty of games listed already, but I'm going to list which games I feel are absolutely essential for any Gamecube owner. I'll also throw in some brief thoughts on each game I list. Also, I'd just like to add that I think the Gamecube is an underrated console. It may have ended up last, and lacked the quantity of games the other consoles had, but I think Nintendo more than made up with it with quality. Also, the Gamecube took Nintendo's biggest franchises in bold new directions with outstanding results. It makes it all the more disappointing that the innovative Wii hasn't really tried anything new with it's games, outside of introducing motion controls. Seriously, take a look at Nintendo's own Wii games. They're so uninspired.

• Metroid Prime - One of the best games ever made, and arguably the best game of last gen. You need this game.
    • Resident Evil 4 - If Metroid Prime isn't the best game of last gen, then one of the only possible explanations would be that this game topped it. Don't make me choose. Either way, these 2 are clearly among last gen's top 5 best games among all consoles.
    • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - One heck of a game. I've definitely had my fair share of fun with this one and think it's one of the best Zelda games to date. Go ahead and earn your sea legs with this one. You won't regret it.
    • Super Mario Sunshine - While you're at it, you might want to make a few splashes under the sun with Super Mario Sunshine. It doesn't get nearly the credit it deserves anymore. It's almost funny. It comes out and gets near-perfect reviews across the board, and then the inferior Mario Galaxy comes out and it becomes the new cool thing to bash Sunshine. If you ask me, Sunshine is by far a better game. It has a few missteps, and a couple of cringe-worthy moments, but the gameplay is top-notch and it has the best platforming in any 3D Mario game.
    • Pikmin - Man, what a charming and brilliant game. I absolutely adore Pikmin and have played through it completely at least 3 different times. The gameplay is excellent, the worlds are exciting and fun to explore, and man, there's a nice soundtrack too. People will tell you that Pikmin 2 is better, but I'm not so sure I can agree. Pikmin 2 removes the time limit and much of the challenge, and makes some uninspired changes, like changing the yellow bomb expert Pikmin to electricity-immune Pikmin, which is just so predictable and lame. Not that Pikmin 2 is bad at all, but I'd check out the original first if I were you.
    • F-Zero GX - Dude, what a racing game! F-Zero GX is without question the best game in the series. It's lightning-fast and totally fun. The game has a whole lot to offer. It's just too bad the Gamecube never really went online, because this game could have been perfect for that. Oh, I should mention that the story mode is very freaking hard, but it makes the missions even more rewarding when you finally complete them. Good luck.
    • Animal Crossing - You know, I don't think there's a single game I have ever put more hours into than Animal Crossing. Heh, and oddly enough, right before going to bed last night, I considered taking my Wii out of its box in my closet, hooking it back up, and revisiting my town. I've been playing this game for like 8 years and still totally love it. By the way, this one is where it's at. Animal Crossing: City Folk on the Wii is a lousy sequel that actually downgrades the gameplay in a number of ways. Seriously, get Animal Crossing. It's so worth it. It might not look like much, and as someone who primarily focuses on action games, it didn't look like my cup of tea either, but man, it's such a rewarding and pleasant game. And the Gamecube version is still by far the best version of Animal Crossing you can buy. Plus having unlockable NES games goes a long way.
    • Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - What a cool game. I won't say it's perfect. Truthfully, the gameplay, while sufficient, could have probably been a whole lot better. Still, everything around the heart of the game is very effective and interesting. It's a not a game I'll soon forget. In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed for a sequel, which will probably never happen.
    • Luigi's Mansion - I bought a Gamecube at launch, and this is the one game I picked up with it. Many found it to be a huge disappointment, but the game is far from being bad. Like many of Nintendo's Gamecube games, it's full of charm. The length is fairly short, but I enjoyed it enough to play through it more than a couple times. It's cool seeing Luigi finally getting some time in the spotlight.
    • Super Smash Bros Melee - This is probably one you're planning on getting right away, but I'll mention it regardless. It's a fun game, but I think what really sold it was all the collectibles in our pre-achievement/trophies world last-gen. That's what really kept me playing, more so than even the game. Man, I played it so much that I couldn't stomach Smash Bros Brawl for more than about an hour, which is just so much more of the same. It'll be great if you decide to play your Gamecube with others.
    • Resident Evil - If you're into scary games, you need this one. If you're wuss like me, you still need this one (just look online for the grenade launcher cheat... I never would have been able to beat this awesome game without it). The scariest game I've ever played, without question. Also, at the time, this was the best looking game I had ever played. It's really great throughout. I'm glad I sucked it up and finished it (Yeah, yeah, so what if I cheated? I was still terrified out of my mind!)
    • Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes - When MGS1 hit the Playstation, I guess I just didn't "get it", and my time with it ended pretty abruptly. Fortunately, it was remade years later on Gamecube as Twin Snakes, with updated gameplay. It's a great game that I'm glad I was able to give a second chance to. I tried to buy it years later, but I guess it's incredibly rare if you want a new copy. Hopefully you'll still be able to find it.
    • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - This game rocks, man. I always felt it was a bit different than what you'd expect from most Mario games. It often puts the plummer in kind of a different setting, but it works beautifully. There's so many great areas and moments, and Paper Mario proves that turn-based combat CAN be awesome. See what a little player interaction can do for a game? This is one you won't want to miss, and if I remember correctly, it's also a good length. Good luck on that last boss, though. I personally was never able to beat it. 
    • Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - Another one that doesn't get much credit. You know, initially I also was super disappointed with this game, because I thought it was unbelievably cheap and unfair. So I mostly gave up on it. Then I went back a couple years later, and everything clicked. I realized that it's NEVER unfair. I must have just sucked before. I got really good the second time around and totally had a blast with it. Seriously, it's safe to say that the game will NEVER cheat you out of a win. Even if you get hit by a blue shell and knocked back, you'll have plenty of time to catch up and win. Give this one a chance. Oh, and to go against what someone else said, you certainly don't need to have a second player to have a good time. I'd just like to add further that the multiplayer battle arenas are pretty darn lousy. So if you're entering this one expecting to re-live Mario Kart 64's awesome battle mode, you're going to be disappointed. The racing is where it's at with Double Dash.

Alright, I'm calling it quits with that. Just another unnecessarily-long reply by TheGreatGuero. Hopefully this information has been helpful to you. I could probably name a couple more, but I feel good about my choices. There's games like Soul Calibur 2, and Viewtiful Joe, but I never really got into them. If you don't own a Wii, you might want to consider Twilight Princess. While I've only played the Wii version, I imagine that the Gamecube version's gotta be better. I think Twilight Princess' motion controls are more of a hinderance than anything. Still, I certainly don't think Twilight Princess matches up to Wind Waker. It was cool seeing a more realistic look, and more dark and mature versions of classic Zelda enemies in Twilight Princess, but several bad design choices within the game bring it down a lot. Okay okay, I'm gonna stop now. Sorry if you read all of this, ha. Oh, and one last thing. I'm glad you've enjoyed Chibi Robo. I always thought it looked really cool and cute, but I was never able to find it. I actually didn't think it got a US release, but apparently so. Oh well. Alright, enjoy those games, and good hunting!
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Godwind
    @luce said:
    " Gotcha Force...do it. "
    You know, I always had intents to pick up that game.  Never got around to doing it.  I wonder why?
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By oldschool
    @Godwind said:
    " @luce said:
    " Gotcha Force...do it. "
    You know, I always had intents to pick up that game.  Never got around to doing it.  I wonder why? "
    Me too.  It just flew under the radar enough for me to forget about it, but it looked good. 

The only GameCube game I truly regret missing (and still look for at a reasonable price) is Skies of Arcadia.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @Willy105 said:
    " @august said:
    "  The camera in Mario Sunshine is a war crime."
    What? That had the best controllable camera I have seen in a game. You could literally place it anywhere you wanted.  Unless you didn't want to control it, which is silly considering it's a 3D platformer, and the camera is the really big part of the gameplay, so one that you can control very well is a good camera. "
    Yeah, I think Super Mario Sunshine's camera is great, but I've found that many people think otherwise. I suppose the camera is entirely manual, which bothers most people, but it gives you all the control you could want, so I love it. Honestly, my biggest problem with Super Mario Galaxy is the fact that you have virtually no camera control in the game. You can push left or right on the d-pad to rotate it, but most of the time it makes an error sound and won't even move. Sure, you can go into the first-person view, but it's kind of slow to switch, and then it only gives you a viewpoint in a 120 degree angle, which is a horrible idea. Basically, that means if you want to see a full circle around yourself you gotta enter first person mode, check out that 120 degree angle. Then exit it, turn, and re-enter first person view, and repeat. If you turned yourself absolutely perfectly, you could see everything in only 3 tries! Yay! But you'll never be able to turn with such accuracy or precision, so you'll need at least 4. Yeah, it might sound like a minor gripe that I'm blowing out of proportion, but it's freaking stupid. 

Then of course, some levels let you go on the under-side of planets and such, and the only way you'll know if you can't do it is if you see a black hole in the level. So it's kind of important to be able to spot those things, and with the incredible lack of camera control... well, good luck. You'll probably just casually start jumping off of platforms with your fingers crossed like I did. Best game ever? You know it!
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Coombs
    @nanikore said:
    So wrong

Skies of Arcadia
     One of my favorites that's not on your list yet
    raphaa00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#74  Edited By raphaa00
    No Caption Provided

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By demontium

You can also play wii games on your wii. Crazy, I know.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#76  Edited By jakob187
    @nanikore said:
    Somebody shove a cactus up this guy's ass. 

Anyways... 

I thoroughly enjoyed Wind Waker, and I hate Zelda games.  The Paper Mario game on it was also a ton of fun for me, but the best is still Resident Evil 4 for me.  However, the Wii version is superior in every way.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Godwind
    @Linkyshinks said:
    "I think you'd love Doshin the Giant Jenni. "

That sounds creepy. 

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#78  Edited By halberdierv2

a couple of good ones nobody's mentioned are 007 everything or Nothing, and X Men Legends (1 and 2).
    also, if you want comilations, there are MegaMan, MagaMan X and Sonic collections as well.

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Kbm600

Star Wars Jedi Outcast. What a great game.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By WickedFather

Don't be fooled: Eternal Darkness is shite.  Chibi-Robo is superb and I wrote a massive game diary about it because there's so much stuff that happens in it.  Mario Sunshine also superb.  But don't forget: Eternal Darkness = shite.  I finished it all 3 times so know it's not even worth doing once.  There are plenty more fish in the sea so avoid that rotting hake.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By oldschool
    @TinaWood said:
    "  I bought Soul Calibur 2 for $3 the other day. I really like it so far, it seems better than the PS2 version which I've had for ages. It has Link from Zelda in it. I had no idea!     "
    That is why the Gamecube version outsold the PS2 one (and Xbox).  It was such a slap in the face to Sony, they paid the big bucks to make sure SC3 was exclusive to the PS2.  I like it when Nintendo make smart choices with their characters in other people's games - this was an ideal example of goodness.  Good price for the game too.  You find more money than that lying in your couch  :/
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By c1337us
    @nanikore said:
    I don't have many Gamecube games to be honest. But you are wrong on the basis of Enternal Darkness alone.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By dbz1995

WHY HASN'T ANYBODY SAID MARIO KART: DOUBLE DASH? (I THINK)

That game is amazing.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By oldschool
    @dbz1995 said:
    "

WHY HASN'T ANYBODY SAID MARIO KART: DOUBLE DASH? (I THINK)

That game is amazing. "
    A lot of people didn't like it, but I agree, it is amazing and I still play it.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By oldschool
    @TinaWood said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @TinaWood said:
    "  I bought Soul Calibur 2 for $3 the other day. I really like it so far, it seems better than the PS2 version which I've had for ages. It has Link from Zelda in it. I had no idea!     "
    That is why the Gamecube version outsold the PS2 one (and Xbox).  It was such a slap in the face to Sony, they paid the big bucks to make sure SC3 was exclusive to the PS2.  I like it when Nintendo make smart choices with their characters in other people's games - this was an ideal example of goodness.  Good price for the game too.  You find more money than that lying in your couch  :/ "
     Wow, that's surprising,   Naw, my kid checks routinely and takes it all. The little thief :P "
    Your child is invoking the "finders" clause of the family home, where they keep what they find - as long as it is lost.  How old is said child?  Old enough yo kick your arse in Soul Calibur?
    Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By MasturbatingBear
    @pakx said:
    " @TinaWood: none of them. Fuck mario party. "
    Man fuck mario party, dem nigg@s aint even playin beer pong what kind of party is that?
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By oldschool
    @MasturbatingBear said:
    " @pakx said:
    " @TinaWood: none of them. Fuck mario party. "
    Man fuck mario party, dem nigg@s aint even playin beer pong what kind of party is that? "
    A sober one?
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#88  Edited By apathylad

I haven't played this game, but apparently SSX on Tour allowed you to play as Mario, Peach, and Luigi. There were a couple of other EA sports titles that let you do this. Also, if it hasn't been said yet:

Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89  Edited By JJOR64

Sorry if someone has mentioned this already, but how about Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg?  It's a unique title that I ended up liking a lot more then I thought I would.

mysticboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By mysticboy

MGS:Twin Snakes, Viewtiful Joe (1 & 2), and RE4

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#91  Edited By AgentJ
    @WickedFather said:
    " Don't be fooled: Eternal Darkness is shite.  Chibi-Robo is superb and I wrote a massive game diary about it because there's so much stuff that happens in it.  Mario Sunshine also superb.  But don't forget: Eternal Darkness = shite.  I finished it all 3 times so know it's not even worth doing once.  There are plenty more fish in the sea so avoid that rotting hake. "
    Why would you play a game you don't like 3 times?
    Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Iceman2913

Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2 
    Starfox assault
    any Mario game

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By oldschool
    @JJOR64 said:
    " Sorry if someone has mentioned this already, but how about Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg?  It's a unique title that I ended up liking a lot more then I thought I would. "
    That game has been screaming out for a sequel on the Wii.  I really enjoyed the game and was disappointed it didn't so so well.  They should Wii-ify the first game and have that as a bonus with a sequel - I would certainly buy it.
    rocketfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#94  Edited By rocketfish

Custom Robo is a amazing GC game!

Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Organicalistic_
    @nanikore: fuck off dickwad, jk, we have different opinions, no offense
    Prominence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Prominence

SA2B, SADX, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance...

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By oldschool
    @Prominence said:

" Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance... "   

Listen to the man.  LISTENNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! 

Best game EVER and I mean EVER.
    JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By JebranRush

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes! Fantastic game!

apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By apoptosis61
    @nanikore said:
    lol?
    GiveUpNed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By GiveUpNed

Mario Kart Double Dash. It's bloody hard and fun. Once you get the hang of lines, drifting sideways and drifting trajectories, you can start playing at a higher level. Too bad it's fucking hard to get there. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.