Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

The state of the Wii in 2010.

• 78 results
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Icemael said:
    " @Zenaxzd said:
    " You know what... The Wii has a bunch of stuff I wanna buy this year. Yep. Actually it has probably my most anticipated title for the year. Kind of funny I guess considering NMH2, FF13, ME2, Tales of Graces, Red Steel 2, Bad Company 2, Crackdown 2 (the list goes on and on) are coming out this year, but there is nothing like popping in an RPG you don't know shit about and playing it, especially on a non-handheld since they are so rare this gen. "
    I used to like the idea of popping in a spanking new JRPG that I don't know anything about, but this generation I've been burned onetimetoomany. Now I only buy JRPGs I know I'm going to like, which means I'll be picking up Tales of Graces, but not Arc Rise Fantasia. "
    I can say I at least like 1/4 of those games, hell one of my favorite games of all time really :P. But I am quite the opposite when it comes to getting "burned". I don't mind it at all since it doesn't take much to satisfy me when it comes to a game. I go into games (any genre, mind you) with realistic expectations and veryveryrarely does a game completely bum me out by not living up to what I would consider an average experience. It makesthetimes I do get blown away all the better really.  

Guess I am just not that picky though when it comes to games, can't expect everything to be the best stuff ever and if it is at least decent I consider my money well spent. I think gamers in general nowadays nitpick to much and if it isn't a 5/5 experience it wasn't even worth the money, bleh.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#52  Edited By Icemael
    @Zenaxzd said:

" @Icemael said:

" @Zenaxzd said:
    " You know what... The Wii has a bunch of stuff I wanna buy this year. Yep. Actually it has probably my most anticipated title for the year. Kind of funny I guess considering NMH2, FF13, ME2, Tales of Graces, Red Steel 2, Bad Company 2, Crackdown 2 (the list goes on and on) are coming out this year, but there is nothing like popping in an RPG you don't know shit about and playing it, especially on a non-handheld since they are so rare this gen. "
    I used to like the idea of popping in a spanking new JRPG that I don't know anything about, but this generation I've been burned onetimetoomany. Now I only buy JRPGs I know I'm going to like, which means I'll be picking up Tales of Graces, but not Arc Rise Fantasia. "
    I can say I at least like 1/4 of those games, hell one of my favorite games of all time really :P. But I am quite the opposite when it comes to getting "burned". I don't mind it at all since it doesn't take much to satisfy me when it comes to a game. I go into games (any genre, mind you) with realistic expectations and veryveryrarely does a game completely bum me out by not living up to what I would consider an average experience. It makesthetimes I do get blown away all the better really.   Guess I am just not that picky though when it comes to games, can't expect everything to be the best stuff ever and if it is at least decent I consider my money well spent. I think gamers in general nowadays nitpick to much and if it isn't a 5/5 experience it wasn't even worth the money, bleh."
    Games are expensive, man. When we're talking $20 or lower I can afford to take risks and don't really mind getting burned, but I bought two of those games at significantly higher prices. I can't afford to take any chances with $40-$60 games -- when something costs that much, I have to be at least somewhat confident that I'm getting a quality product. 

Oh, and I'm guessing the game you like is Valkyrie Profile? I actually enjoyed the little a played a lot, I just couldn't stand the period system. I hate time limits with a passion and when an entire game is based around a time limit(technically it's not a time limit, but you get the idea)... well, yeah.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Icemael: Crisis Core actually :P. 

Anyhow, yeah I can relate to the expensive thing (I mean hell, I don't even have a job currently) but I generally don't buy things right when they come out unless I really want them which while it sucks has its obvious advantages. Especially in todays age where stuff drops down in price sometimes weeks after launch... But yeah I know much of a risk it can be. I kinda regret paying full price for MW2 at this point (I like it and all but not playing it as much as I figured I would).
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Icemael
    @Zenaxzd said:
    " @Icemael: Crisis Core actually :P."
    Oh, that one. I hated almost everything about that game... to each their own, I guess:P
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By ryanwho

I predict people who don't even own a Wii will continue complaining that other people who aren't like them at all are having fun.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ryanwho

I also predict the silver medal racers will continue ignoring the fact that PC versions of multiconsole games look leaps and bounds better than the version they're playing, then they'll bitch about the Wii's inferior graphics with no sense of irony.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Godwind
    @Icemael said:
    " @Zenaxzd said:
    Notice that 3/4 of those games were made by Square Enix?  Ever since the merger, they just lost the ball.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Icemael
    @Godwind said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @Zenaxzd said:
    Notice that 3/4 of those games were made by Square Enix?  Ever since the merger, they just lost the ball. "
    To be fair, Valkyrie Profile was made before the merger(the PSP version is just a port), and it's not a bad game. If it wasn't for my burning hatred for time limits, I would probably have loved it.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Icemael said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @Zenaxzd said:
    Notice that 3/4 of those games were made by Square Enix?  Ever since the merger, they just lost the ball. "
    To be fair, Valkyrie Profile was made before the merger(the PSP version is just a port), and it's not a bad game. If it wasn't for my burning hatred for time limits, I would probably have loved it. "
    Also "to be fair" the game wasn't you know, developed by Square or anything.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Godwind
    @Icemael said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @Zenaxzd said:
    To be fair, Valkyrie Profile was made before the merger(the PSP version is just a port), and it's not a bad game. If it wasn't for my burning hatred for time limits, I would probably have loved it. "

And to be fair, it is still published by Square Enix.  It doesn't matter if it is a port.  They always know how to make a good thing sour.  Enix knew where to find great games to publish, but couldn't make great game.  Squaresoft use to make great game, but published shitty ones from outside sources.  Somehow, they combined the shittyness of both companies instead of their strengths.

@Zenaxzd said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @Zenaxzd said:
    Also "to be fair" the game wasn't you know, developed by Square or anything. "

It was made by Tri Ace, who almost exclusively have their games published by Enix.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Godwind: Exactly? Their teams didn't develop the game, simple as that.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Godwind
    @Zenaxzd said:
    " @Godwind: Exactly? Their teams didn't develop the game, simple as that. "
    Not really, it is practically an extension of Square Enix at this point.  In fact the only game that isn't being published by Square Enix is Resonance of Fate, which is being published by Sega.  There is a reason why Tri Ace is jumping ship from Square Enix, their long time partner, to Sega.  Square Enix sucks.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#63  Edited By Meowayne

Would you please be quiet? You scare away the haters.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Godwind
    @Meowayne said:
    " Would you please be quiet? You scare away the haters. "
    Dalai is nice person with sexual humor.  Why would anyone want him to be quiet.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Dalai
    @Godwind said:
    " @Meowayne said:
    Dalai is nice person with sexual humor.  Why would anyone want him to be quiet. "
    Can... can I touch your avatar?
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Godwind
    @Dalai said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Meowayne said:
    Dalai is nice person with sexual humor.  Why would anyone want him to be quiet. "
    Can... can I touch your avatar? "
    Yes you may.  Grope away.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Dalai
    @Godwind said:
    " @Dalai said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Meowayne said:
    Yes you may.  Grope away. "
    Awesome! Something to distract me while you guys converse about the state of JRPGs in 2010.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Godwind
    @Dalai said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Dalai said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Meowayne said:
    Awesome! Something to distract me while you guys converse about the state of JRPGs in 2010. "
    My Avatar is related to such a conversation.  You cannot escape.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By ravensword

The wii has done nothing to interest me
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Godwind
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " The wii has done nothing to interest me "
    Good for you.  Less video games are accessible to you.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#71  Edited By Claude
    @Godwind said:
    " @Claude:   Fuck you, I can't believe pulled out that shit bro. Delete that Yule Log.  Also, what will be the state of 2011? "
    Done. What did I do?
    TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#72  Edited By TobyD81

For me I thik this could be a good Wii year, better than 2009. I expect to pick up Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Other M, and I have my fingers crossed that E3 will showcase a new Zelda for late 2010 (longshot) or 2011. We might even find out what the hell the pulse sensor is for. I still want to get Silent Hill: Shattered memories as well (it seemed to blow Brad's mind pretty good.)

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ravensword
    @Godwind:

yeah, boy, im sure gonna miss out on that Shovelware and one good game every year. ok, maybe I take that back a little, but still, most of the games are shovelware.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#74  Edited By Hailinel
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " @Godwind: yeah, boy, im sure gonna miss out on that Shovelware and one good game every year. ok, maybe I take that back a little, but still, most of the games are shovelware. "
    The same goes for every system.  Do you honestly think most of the games on the 360 or PS3 are actually worth playing?
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#75  Edited By AgentJ
    @Dalai said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Dalai said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Meowayne said:
    Awesome! Something to distract me while you guys converse about the state of JRPGs in 2010. "
    You people are soooooo weird....
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Godwind
    @Claude said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Claude:   Fuck you, I can't believe pulled out that shit bro. Delete that Yule Log.  Also, what will be the state of 2011? "
    Done. What did I do? "
    That WPIX yule log is fucking evil.  It comes without a real yule log.  The weather channel is a made the second least interesting for the day thanks to that Yule Log.  It is as bad as switching the channel because of an advertisement.

@Raven_Sword said:
    " @Godwind: yeah, boy, im sure gonna miss out on that Shovelware and one good game every year. ok, maybe I take that back a little, but still, most of the games are shovelware. "
    I have about 73 games for my Wii that I am happy with.  No amount of Shovelware will deter me from pleasure.  You're just a pussy.  You can't handle owning a Wii without compromising your image.  Let others walk all over you.

@AgentJ said:
    " @Dalai said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Dalai said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Meowayne said:
    You people are soooooo weird.... "

But so awesome.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ravensword
    @Godwind:

First of all, dont call me a Pussy.. I will report your ass if you continue to do so. i have zero tolerance for the kinda shit your doing.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#78  Edited By oldschool
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " @Godwind: First of all, dont call me a Pussy.. I will report your ass if you continue to do so. i have zero tolerance for the kinda shit your doing. "
    ...... gets popcorn and comfy chair, sits back and watches the show .............

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.