The WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2010 wiki last edited by Jeff on 07/03/15 10:12PM
View full history
WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2010 is the 2009/2010 iteration of SmackDown! vs. RAW. It is the sixth game in the SmackDown! vs. RAW franchise. It was announced on June 1 on WWE.com for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, DS, Wii and PSP. Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010 is the last in the series to feature the ECW brand, as after this game was made they discontinued the brand.
- You can now edit wrestler attire colors.
- There is a new Create-A-Story mode, which will allow you to design your own episodes of Raw, Smackdown or ECW
- This will include booking matches, backstage segments, inteviews, etc.
- Created wrestlers, moves and stories can now be shared online
- They have gone back to there being only one button for all reversals, as seen in the earlier games of the franchise. There is no longer one for grapples and one for attacks.
- Health meters have been removed, now you will judge your condition from the wrestlers condition visually.
- The regular main menu has been removed and replaced by a new practice ring which can also be used during loading.
Road to Wrestlemania Mode
From the success of the mode last year, Road to Wrestlemania (RTWM) has returned with all new storylines. This year's roster of storylines include Edge, Shawn Michael s, Randy Orton, a "Brand Warfare" co-op storyline with Triple H and John Cena, a Diva's storyline with Mickie James and a new storyline for Created Wrestlers.
As with the last year's game, the Road to Wrestlemania mode will feature optional and mandatory goals for bonus unlocks such as new outfits, new superstars and new entrances.
WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2010 includes 67 in-game superstars and divas.
Unlike last year's game, there is not a large quantity of downloadable superstars. There is only one piece of downloadable content, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. The DLC costs $0.99 on the PlayStation Store and 80 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Marketplace. Steve Austin could also have been gotten for free if you bought the game new from EB Games, GameStop or GAME.
- Normal Match - Regular style wrestling match. Variations include 3 way, Fatal Four Way, ect.
- Inferno Match - One versus one match where you must be the first to light your opponent on fire.
- First Blood - First one to make their opponent bleed is the winner.
- Falls Count Anywhere - In this match the pin can be counted in or out of the ring.
- Hell in a Cell - A match with a large cage, you must pin or submit your opponent to win.
- Iron Man - A match with a time limit where the winner is decided on the most amount of pins/submissions.
- Ladder - A match where you must set a ladder in the middle of the ring and climb it to secure an item hanging above it.
- Last Man Standing - A match where you must make it so your opponent can not get up for a ten count.
- Submission - You must make your opponent submit to win this match.
- Steel Cage - You must escape from the cage to win this match by climbing over the top or escaping through the door.
- Tables - Put your opponent through a table to win this match.
- TLC (Tables,Ladders, and Chairs) - You can win with a pin or submission, but weapons are allowed.
- Backstage Brawl - Matches take place outside the ring area, you must knock out your opponent to win.
- Extreme Rules - Another match where weapons are allowed.
- Elimination Tag Team - Each pin eliminated the one person, match ends when one team eliminates all the others.
- Battle Royal - Another elimination style match, but it's every man for himself.
- Elimination Chamber - Six man match, elimination style. Takes place inside a big cage with each participant inside a smaller cage inside it and released at timed intervals.
- Handicap - An uneven match where one side is always outnumbered.
- Royal Rumble - Elimination style match with 10, 20, or 30 men. To eliminate your opponent you must throw them over the top rope.
- Championship Scramble - A match with a time limit, whoever gets a pin or submission is the champion until the next pin or submission. Whomever is the person with the title when time runs out keeps the title.
Xbox 360 Installation
The amount of memory it takes to install this game is 6.4 GB.