The Community Spotlight - 07/29/2017

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
Giant Bomb themed Splatoon 2 art is always a fun time!
Giant Bomb themed Splatoon 2 art is always a fun time!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am honored to be returning as your host this week. After a brief technical hiatus thanks in large part to Final Fantasy X-2, I am back! To no one's surprise Splatoon 2 was the big video game hit everyone was talking about this week. Other major talking points include Supergiant Games's latest offering, Pyre and the 2017 edition of the EVO Championship Series. So, without further ado, let's review a couple of housekeeping items before enjoying a smattering of community created goodness.

Giant Bomb Galleria

The True Face Of Alex (By: Mystic_Mile)

Mystic_Mile combined Alex with one of his favorite scenes in film history to create something truly amazing.

Dilbrad (By: Odd_Particle)

The adventure of Dilbrad continues! What do you think will happen next?

Giant Bomb Album Art (By: _Turul_)

_Turul_ was cleaning off his desktop this week and realized he made this AWESOME GiantBomb Bombcast album art.

No Caption Provided

Popped Collar UPF Sketch (By: PatMichailidis)

The 7/28/2017 UPF started with a smattering of "cool" popped collars. Seeing this as a muse, over on Twitter PatMichailidis whipped up a number of sketches.

Community Activities

See if you fare better in Turf Wars if you play with other Giant Bomb users.
See if you fare better in Turf Wars if you play with other Giant Bomb users.

Splatoon 2 Friend Code Sharing Thread (By: @zaprowsdower)

If you are interested in playing Splatoon 2 with fellow Giant Bomb users, post your Friend Code for other users to add to their accounts.

Clans And Grouping Utilities (Destiny 2 Clan Migration Update 7-26-17) (By: @hestilllives19)

Giant Bomb's MANY Destiny clans have major plans on how to migrate their members to Destiny 2! Read all about it and how it may impact you.

Clips Of The Week

Giant Bomb Animated-Ish - Kane For Mayor (By: Dan Evanson)

Glen Jacobs (a.k.a. Kane from WWE) is running for mayor in Knox County. Over on YouTube, Dan Evanson animated the Bombcast's discussion of the dazzling affair.

The Giant Beastcast: With Best Regards (By: @mepsipax)

Mepsipax had some fun making this video pointing out an "error" the Giant Beastcast made while reading an e-mail.

Best Of Blog

Read beardslyman's latest blog to find out if Behold The Kickmen is for you!
Read beardslyman's latest blog to find out if Behold The Kickmen is for you!

I'm A Soccer Master Thanks To Behold The Kickmen (By: @beardslyman)

beardslyman played a good deal of the arcade soccer game Behold The Kickmen. Read about his impressions of the unrealistic sports game.

StarvingGamer's EVO 2017 Travelogue (GB Ain't Free!) (By: @starvinggamer)

StarvingGamer had a lot of fun attending EVO 2017! Read all about it and check out his many pictures from his journey attending the event.

My First EVO! (By: @kingringtail85)

KingRingtail85 also had the pleasure of attending EVO 2017! Read all about what he did while watching hundreds of people mashing their buttons to victory.

A rare Dave Snider sighting can be found in StarvingGamer's EVO blog.
A rare Dave Snider sighting can be found in StarvingGamer's EVO blog.

Does Nioh Finally Deliver On Team Ninja's Initial Promises With Patch 1.14 And The Defiant Honor DLC? (By: @grizzlybutts)

GrizzlyButts loudly questions if Nioh's Defiant Honor DLC delivers on Team Ninja's initial promises for Nioh when it was first announced.

Ready Player One - Is This It?& Quick Impressions on Lawbreakers (By: @themist997)

TheMist997 is optimistic about the Ready Player One movie adaptation and explains why he thinks the film is in good hands. TheMist997 also shares his early impressions of Lawbreakers and welcomes you to do the same on his blog.

What Remains Of Edith Finch Is A Short Gone Home Clone That I Found Dull And Disappointing (By: @bigsocrates)

I think there is no hope for a decent film, but TheMist997 disagrees
I think there is no hope for a decent film, but TheMist997 disagrees

BigSocrates articulates his disappointment with What Remains of Edith Finch and why he thinks it failed to resonate with him.

All-New Saturday Summaries 2017-07-29 (By: @mento)

Mento concludes another week of content with his usual weekend round-up, talking Tales of Zestiria, Grand Theft Auto III, Yesterday and how his backlog is helping his otherwise poor impulse control.

Join The Discussion

We have plenty of opportunities to discuss Splatoon 2 this week.
We have plenty of opportunities to discuss Splatoon 2 this week.

Favorite Splatoon 2 Weapons/Maps Discussion Thread (By: @quid_pro_bono)

What are your favorite maps and weapons in Splatoon 2? Share and discuss your top picks with the members of Giant Bomb community who have been playing the game as well.

Do You Use Motion Control Aiming? [Poll Included] (By: @shikon)

Do you use motion control aiming in Splatoon 2? Vote and discuss if you think the feature adds or detracts from the multiplayer shooter.

Hot Splatoon 2 Turf War Strats? (By: @jjweatherman)

What tips and tricks do you have for being successful in Turf Wars in Splatoon 2? How important is team co-operation to your winning formula?

Is Pyre any good? Feel free to join our discussion regardless.
Is Pyre any good? Feel free to join our discussion regardless.

Pyre Impressions/Discussion Thread (By: @glots)

How has the third game from Supergiant Games been treating you? Whether your early impressions are positive or negative, feel free to share them over here.

Sundered Discussion Thread (By: @ntm)

What are YOUR early impressions of the new metroidvania game, Sundered? Join our community discussion for Thunder Lotus Games' latest offering.

Best Games To Play To Unwind Before Bed? (By: @gunner)

Whether it be a recent release or a reliable classic, which games do you use to help unwind before going to bed? Share the good games which help you get some shut-eye.

Do you use video games to help go to sleep? Feel free to share on the sleeping aid discussion thread!
Do you use video games to help go to sleep? Feel free to share on the sleeping aid discussion thread!

Kingsway First Impressions Sharing Thread (By: @bdead)

Do you have any early impressions of Kingsway? Have you had fun with the fake royalty-based Operating System?

Wonderful Wiki

At no point does our objective wiki page discuss SMS's questionable camera.
At no point does our objective wiki page discuss SMS's questionable camera.

Super Mario Sunshine

In celebration of the new Steal My Sunshine series, MrSensible did some clean-up work on the Super Mario Sunshine main article as well as some of its related pages.

Useful User Reviews

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 7

I love how the caption of the picture of Ready Player One on here encompasses every single person who commented on that blog.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Dilbrad is leaving Giant Bomb confirmed!?

Avatar image for a_faceless_name
A_Faceless_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@benderunit22:The entire Saga is complete, you can check out Mr. Fu's work here: https://dilbrad.tumblr.com/

Start at the bottom and work up though, or else you see the end first.

OddParticle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OddParticle
Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rahf

Can I just say that Dilbrad is absolute genius for its specificity. And Jeff's representation is perhaps one of the visually funniest characters that I've ever seen.

Mepsipax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for featuring my beastcast video. The video itself is in need of a correction since the sender of the e-mail turned out to be norwegian :)

emtee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, my Kane vid made it! And they added the "fixed" one too.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

My son is also named Med Venlig Hilsen.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I hate to pimp my own shit - I'm only doing it because the stupid thing took me freakin' ages to make! ;)

Steal My Splash Screen!

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mepsipax: So the sender forgot to put in their name or what? We don't have that hard to understand names here in Norway.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

That Grinch-to-Alex is so good!

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Those Dilbrad comics are genius

Liad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Liad

@mepsipax: So the sender forgot to put in their name or what? We don't have that hard to understand names here in Norway.

no, it's just that when I set up my automatic signature in gmail, I used a dash (--) to denote my name, which gmail interprets as "okay, i'll just hide that line of text".

Rare greier det der.

Mepsipax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mepsipax

@liad: But didn't you also say that your name is in the e-mail adress?

Liad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mepsipax said:

@liad: But didn't you also say that your name is in the e-mail adress?

That is also true.

eladren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dillbrad is amazing. I dont know how troublesome, copywright wise, would be to have them on a tshirt (if we get the mario party...) but i'd buy one.

NoneSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NoneSun

I'm surprised they included the Dilbrad comic that Vinny took some issue with :^)

awesomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Med venlig hilsen

ilaughbymyself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://ilaughalone.tumblr.com/post/163701217821/spider-man-homecoming I wrote a review for Spider Man Homecoming