Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

What if Price is the bad guy?

• 71 results
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

What if Captain Price is the bad guy? It would explain why Shepard was so intent on going after him, why he was already breaking out of jail when you found him in Russia, why he launched a nuke that will go on to cause World War III, and that would make him the one dude the trailer talks about causing the whole mess, anyone else think this is possible?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I'm gonna shoot your avatar in the damn head, Mikemcn!

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Slaker117

I would cry.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Then you would need to kill him and it would be fucked up.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mikemcn
    @TooWalrus said:
    I hate the thought of that, but I love it too! Mixed emotions, and I think it would have to be a battleaxe to the face to top the knife in the eye from the last game. 
    ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ssj4raditz

My heart would break.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By ReyGitano

I would follow Price into hell.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By NTM

Dammit! Are you the same person who made this same topic around the beginning of this year? Even if you aren't, my answer is still the same, he isn't the bad guy. I wonder how many people didn't understand the MW2 story...
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By toowalrus
    @Mikemcn said:
    @TooWalrus said:
    I hate the thought of that, but I love it too! Mixed emotions, and I think it would have to be a battleaxe to the face to top the knife in the eye from the last game. 
    In the first game, you were slid a gun, and you shot... that dude, in the face.
    In the second, you were slid the gun, then it got kicked away!  So you killed... that other dude, with the knife in your own chest!
    Logically, when confronted by Capitan Price, someone's gonna slide you a gun... then your character is going to shoot HIMSELF in the head!
    ...spoilers?
    Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Surkov

Call of Duty has a persistent story?  

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By ZombiePie

WHAT?!?!?!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By KaosAngel

Dun dun dun.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RTSlord
    @Mikemcn said:
    What if Captain Price is the bad guy? It would explain why Shepard was so intent on going after him, why he was already breaking out of jail when you found him in Russia, why he launched a nuke that will go on to cause World War III, and that would make him the one dude the trailer talks about causing the whole mess, anyone else think this is possible?
    fuck you
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mikemcn
    @Surkov said:
    Call of Duty has a persistent story?  
    More like Call of Duty only has a single Persistent story element, Captain Price. 
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Slaker117
    @TooWalrus said:
    @Mikemcn said:
    @TooWalrus said:
    In the second, you were slid the gun, then it got kicked away!  So you killed... that other dude, with the knife in your own chest!
    Logically, when confronted by Capitan Price, someone's gonna slide you a gun... then your character is going to shoot HIMSELF in the head!
    ...spoilers?
    First-person suicide. Only place there is left to go. They even teased it briefly in Blops.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By Marz

from what i remember the US was already being invaded by russians before the nuke went off in MW2.   So no he's not the bad guy.

flannelbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By flannelbeard
    @Mikemcn said:
    Shepard went after Price because he was a corrupt power hungry monster trying to manipulate both sides. Shepard got what he deserved. He was trying to vilify Price in the end but Price is obviously not the bad guy. That would be stupid.

Did you pay any attention to the games whole plot? I don't mean to sound like a dick, but this is *very* unlikely.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mikemcn
    @Marz said:

from what i remember the US was already being invaded by russians before the nuke went off in MW2.   So no he's not the bad guy.

But by shooting off the Nuke it made everything worse. While only really saving Keith David (So it was totally worth it)
    @flannelbeard said:

@Mikemcn said:

Shepard went after Price because he was a corrupt power hungry monster trying to manipulate both sides. Shepard got what he deserved. He was trying to vilify Price in the end but Price is obviously not the bad guy. That would be stupid.
    Did you pay any attention to the games whole plot? I don't mean to sound like a dick, but this is *very* unlikely.
    It could totally happen! This is Modern Warfare! Anything is possible! I love it!
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By vidiot
    @Mikemcn said:
    That's too clever. Stop thinking too hard.
    LOOK! Explosions!
    flannelbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By flannelbeard
    @RTSlord said:
    @Mikemcn said:
    fuck you
    ROTFL. there is no way this would happen. Price is not the bad guy.
    jtmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jtmosh

That nuke isn't going to start WW3. Russia was already well on its way to doing that when they INVADED THE UNITED STATES.

Sometimes it astonishes me how much I care about the Modern Warfare storyline.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mikemcn
    @vidiot said:
    @Mikemcn said:
    That's too clever. Stop thinking too hard.
    LOOK! Explosions!
    Oooo Explosions! 
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Mikemcn said:

@Marz said:

But by shooting off the Nuke it made everything worse. While only really saving Keith David (So it was totally worth it)
    It made all the Russian helos in the area and stuff crash and not be able to cause more havoc.

I think it would be a REALLLLLY stupid and contrived plot-point and any chance of me liking this game would be gone.  They explicitly show Shepard being a bad dude in MW2.  It would be ignoring big plot points of MW2 if they did this.  Seeing Price and Soap do awesome shit and take down Makorav and clear their names is the pull pull now for me.

What I could see happening is the game starting with a mission where you are in a team of SEALs or SAS members and hunt Soap and Price and whoever they have with them and end up being killed, then Price or Soap stand over you as you die and tell you they aren't the bad guy, and that they are sorry.
    flannelbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By flannelbeard
    @TooWalrus said:
    @Mikemcn said:
    @TooWalrus said:
    ...spoilers?
    dude! this is too funny! lol.
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By niamahai
    @flannelbeard said:
    @Mikemcn said:

Highly unlikely but would no doubt be the biggest "fuck you" from a developer since MGS2. 

i just hope we don't play as the SAS again. Just so good ol' fashion Her Majesty's Royal Regiment yelling "Oi You cunts!".

... I didn't read the story note leaked on Kotaku but now I hope the Queen of England is actually the one pulling the strings, and Price is the illegitimate bastard child to the throne, and from the events of COD4 you were actually trying to establish the new 21st century British Empire. Ok. I'll stop now.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mikemcn
    @xobballox said:

@Mikemcn said:

@Marz said:
    It made all the Russian helos in the area and stuff crash and not be able to cause more havoc.I think it would be a REALLLLLY stupid and contrived plot-point and any chance of me liking this game would be gone.  They explicitly show Shepard being a bad dude in MW2.  It would be ignoring big plot points of MW2 if they did this.  Seeing Price and Soap do awesome shit and take down Makorav and clear their names is the main pull now for me.What I could see happening is the game starting with a mission where you are in a team of SEALs or SAS members and hunt Soap and Price and whoever they have with them and end up being killed, then Price or Soap stand over you as you die and tell you they aren't the bad guy, and that they are sorry.
    It would be upsetting, but at the same Time, I totally could buy into Price's brand of crazy.
     If they did that and could introduce some sort of moral choice about whether or not to help Evil Price (His hair is black instead of brown.) then that would be kinda awesome.

@niamahai: Your idea is also not totally out of Modern Warfares scope. 
    flannelbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By flannelbeard
    @Mikemcn said:
    @Marz said:

@flannelbeard said:

@Mikemcn said:

It could totally happen! This is Modern Warfare! Anything is possible! I love it!
    I'll give you that... it is a MW game, anything totally could happen! ;)

Maybe thats why I love them, because they are bat shit crazy. Oh shit, EXPLOSION and RINGING IN YOUR EARS!

Eh, either way it will probably be better than any of the movies coming out the summer :-/ It will at least last me longer.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By natetodamax

Absolutely not.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

No he isn't.

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bigsmoke77
    @Mikemcn: If he didn't launch the nuke Russia would have steamrolled the American army. They were able to fight man to man better with all of the Russian equipment knocked out.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheMustacheHero

He probably is. He already let a nuke go off in the second one. He's probably going to fuck up again somehow, but on purpose.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Aus_azn

I would just refuse to play the game. Once I saw that, I'd be like "fuck this" and sell the game. I've gotten so bored of the MP already anyway.

Avatar image for harbinger_of_hippos
    Harbinger_Of_Hippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlashseveN303 said:

Same. No "Price" is too high!

I'll just see myself out now.
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By laserbolts
    The only way Price will ever be a bad guy is if he were to get rid of the mustache.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laserbolts said:
    The only way Price will ever be a bad guy is if he were to get rid of the mustache.
    If he got rid of the those beautiful mutton chops, it would hurt my feelings.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thehexeditor
    @Harbinger_Of_Hippos said:
    @SlashseveN303 said:
    Same. No "Price" is too high!I'll just see myself out now.
    It's been a good run on planet Earth guys. I'm out too, fuck this shit.
    Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shit that would be crazy...  thats like suggesting Alex Mason is going to make a cameo appearance in this game

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Call of Duty has a story? LOLWUT.

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By christ0phe
    @SlashseveN303 said:
    Solemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Solemn

That would be fucking crazy.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By Yanngc33

But who will fight the aliens during the game's ending?

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By coakroach
    @billnyethesciencepie said:
    theyve tried that gimmick already
    So...Price as the bad guy confirmed then?
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I remember the good times back in 03 when Captain Price was my WW2 superior..

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By DeeGee
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    Why do idiots like this guy even bother posting?
    IesuNoel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By IesuNoel

With that stache... I thought he was the bad guy since COD4.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By sameeeeam
    @ssj4raditz said:
    My heart would break.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Enigma777
    Who cares. That entire storyline is pure shit. It's like it was written by 4-year-old with no concept of logic or how shit actualy works in the real world.
    zaglis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By zaglis

Pretty sure Gaz will just be a robot in MW3.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @DeeGee
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    Why do idiots like this guy even bother posting?
    Cause I'm allowed to? Try to stop me, I dare you. However you can't detect sarcasm, so how would a person like YOU defeat me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.