Which best describes your feelings on Call of Duty?

• 82 results
#1 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3883 posts) -
#2 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1365 posts) -

Sheeeeeeep :D 
I picked A. 

Come at me bro?
#3 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -

A for Awesome!

#4 Posted by JasonR86 (9762 posts) -

Where's the option for apathy?

#5 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -
Indifference?
#6 Edited by jking47 (1244 posts) -

I picked C 
really don't like those games, do not see why people enjoy it so much. But whatever. 

edit: I wish there was an answer that didn't imply I had an active dislike of the people who play it.

#7 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

A, but can recognize the problems with the business model driving them and am starting to tire of the series.

#8 Posted by PenguinDust (12600 posts) -

Somewhere between A and B.  I have played some Call of Duty games and have enjoyed some, but not all, I've played of Call of Duty.  A wishy-washy answer perhaps, but the truest one for me.

#9 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

I think they are well made games for sure, but my problem lies in the crowd they have attracted.

#10 Posted by VicRattlehead (1400 posts) -

@vidiot said:

Indifference?
#11 Posted by rmanthorp (4043 posts) -

Big fat meh!

#12 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -
@Cwaff said:

I think they are well made games for sure, but my problem lies in the crowd they have attracted.

This, in large part.
#13 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3883 posts) -

I personally enjoy COD myself.  Just wondering how a poll like this would play out.  You very rarely see people on the internet state a negative option about this series in a polite and objective manor, so I'm wondering how many people will pick B rather than C.

#14 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

CoD: Decent Singleplayer
CoD2: Rehash of that decent singleplayer
CoD3: Haven't played
CoD: Big Red One: Haven't played
CoD: United Offensive: Quite offensive
CoD4: Awesome singleplayer and addictive multiplayer
CoD WaW: Lame
CoD MW2: Fun campaign & Spec Ops but unbalanced multiplayer
CoD Black Ops: Kinda OK campaign but a well balanced/slow paced multiplayer that got old quick
CoD MW3: ?????

Those are my feelings on Call of Duty

#15 Edited by Xdsk (268 posts) -

meh, although I enjoy the single player set piece insanity.

#16 Posted by TekZero (2686 posts) -

I'm indifferent.  I don't care one way or another about it's existence.  

If you like it, then good for you. 

#17 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Decent enough games, but they've been completely milked to death.

Calling people sheep for enjoying the game is going too far, but I don't know why anybody would continue to buy them year after year.

#18 Posted by uniform (1838 posts) -

I've played them all, and enjoy the campaigns. That said, I wouldn't be upset if they took a break for oh..10-15 years.

#19 Posted by BombKareshi (996 posts) -
@vidiot said:
Indifference?
#20 Posted by Rawrz (598 posts) -

B. I can see there high quality and well made games but I never really cared for them besides 1 and 2. I  never really understood all the Call of Duty 4 love.  I was one of those rare people I guess who thought the Halo 3 multiplayer was superior.

#21 Posted by TekZero (2686 posts) -

In the end, we should judge people simply on the types of games they play. 

What's the point?

#22 Posted by Onno10 (405 posts) -

I played most of them and like them a lot but it went downhill after World at War, saying they're crap is a bit of a stretch though

#23 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5152 posts) -

Indifference.

#24 Posted by Redbullet685 (6066 posts) -

C. The last really good CoD was 4.

#25 Posted by McBEEF (360 posts) -

CoD and CoD 2 are my favourites in the series, but I enjoyed the modern warfare single player games soley because they let me play as a Scot for once:)

#26 Posted by Gamer_152 (14099 posts) -

I don't think I'm as big of a Call of Duty fan as most but I've played a reasonable amount of CoD, I've had a good time with it and I can certainly respect the step forward it made for console FPSs. Now though, I'm just really worried that either Activsion are going to run CoD into the ground squeezing every bit of cash they can get out of the franchise along the way, or worse that there's going to be a long line of generic, subpar CoD games which still make money just because they have the Call of Duty name attached to them.

#27 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

I'll play some CoD and enjoy it, but me and my friends realize that they are stagnated games, and that we're addicted, and if one friend buys it, we all have too. Kind of like an infectious disease.

#28 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

A loaded poll to make RiotBananas proud. I'm indifferent, btw.
#29 Posted by ShaggE (6628 posts) -

None of the above. I play CoD mainly to see how ridiculous the stories have gotten, while enjoying a little shootiness on the way. I don't even touch the MP anymore.  

Soooo... I tolerate the CoD series? 

#30 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@VicRattlehead said:

@vidiot said:

Indifference?
#31 Posted by MetalMoog (908 posts) -

CoD Rules. It's the same shit served up over and over again with a fresh coat of paint but it's always frustrating as hell or fun as hell depending on the dudes in game.

#32 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5854 posts) -

I enjoy the Modern Warfare titles. Haven't played any of the other CoDs.

#33 Posted by PaulKemp (112 posts) -

A. Really loved MW's single player. Ghillie in the mist and Mile high club on veteran. And I actually enjoyed the maps and the unbalanced multiplayer of MW2. Hunting for boosters in free 4 all. Blops just didn't stick with me the same way. I don't like the maps as good as MW2s.

Really liking the fact that BF3 will have open beta. Looking forward to it.

#34 Posted by JoeyRavn (5005 posts) -

I admit I really like the Call of Duty series. I don't play the multiplayer, mainly because of the community (hackers, noobtubers, runners, etc.), but I love the single player campaigns.

#35 Posted by Mikemcn (7007 posts) -

Call of Duty 2 was the best, Call of Duty 4 was really good, MW2 had the best singleplayer since 2, Black Ops had the best MP since 2 and MW3 will be kinda lame now that they're out of ideas, until Capt. Price shows up and makes everything better.

#36 Posted by Evilv6 (15 posts) -

A good game with a terrible community.

#37 Posted by Solemn (278 posts) -

The games are still decent and enjoyable, but the kids. Ugh, the kids.

#38 Posted by HistoryInRust (6374 posts) -

Definitely B.

I don't think any gamer can rightly deny the importance Call of Duty has in the current state of gaming, nor can they deny the immense influence the series has over the gaming markets. From both a design and marketing point of view, Call of Duty changed things, whether it be for better or worse.

Moreover, they aren't bad games, as much as people want to disparage them. I think the hatred we see festering in corners of the gaming world stems more from the title's incredible success and repeated saturations of the gaming market, two probably wholly unfair reasons to dislike a video game.

#39 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5360 posts) -

B.

#40 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Well I like call of duty, by saying that I mean I like anything infinityward made and not treyarch.

#41 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

Should be more options

#42 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1233 posts) -

I have sometimes played Call of Duty games, and I have sort of enjoyed them. I liked COD 1 and 2, as well as 4. MW2's singleplayer was allright, but I didn't buy it. After trying some Black Ops this weekend during the the Steam free weekend, I will be getting MW3. It's the perfect idiotic game to shoot some people in for 20 minutes when I don't have the energy to play a proper game, like Battlefield.

Post Battlefield 3 I probably won't give a shit about MW3 though.

#43 Posted by Jeust (10812 posts) -

I haven't played one since Call of Duty 2, still I admit that they're good for the people who buy it year after year. So B. 

Still the dlcs are for dopes.  

#44 Posted by Yummylee (22276 posts) -

Indifferent. I've never played any and have no interest to, and it does suck with the trend they've set amongst FPS', but I don't play that many to begin with.

#45 Posted by doraz24 (3 posts) -

Battlefield 3 currently has my attention.  However, CoD is Cod and I will  pick it up because my friends & fam will be playing it.

#46 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -
@doraz24 said:
Battlefield 3 currently has my attention.  However, CoD is Cod and I will  pick it up because my friends & fam will be playing it.
yup, this I'm afraid 

I wish they developed a new engine, I know it's difficult to do, however with the millions of dollars of profit they make on each game there really is no reason for them not to be able to innovate more
#47 Posted by niamahai (1407 posts) -

@nail1080 said:

@doraz24 said:
Battlefield 3 currently has my attention. However, CoD is Cod and I will pick it up because my friends & fam will be playing it.
yup, this I'm afraid I wish they developed a new engine, I know it's difficult to do, however with the millions of dollars of profit they make on each game there really is no reason for them not to be able to innovate more

next gen CoD will blow your balls out!

#48 Posted by ShockD (2430 posts) -

I'm a great fan of the franchise. Playing it ever since the first game came out. It's an awesome game, no doubt.

Yet I have to agree with the masses that it's been recycled for too long. As I watched the E3 gameplay footage, I though I was actually watching some new MW2 stages. They all look the same since CoD 4. I guess the more-of-the-same formula applies for most gamers in the case, but I think they'll get fed up soon or later. Gamers like changes. Positive ones. Call of Duty stays with it's old flaws and rarely introduces something new. And since everybody copies from it, the FPS genre is getting more and more casual nowadays.

#49 Posted by laserbolts (5345 posts) -
The games arent bad but im just bored with the franchise. I bet alot of people feel the same way but there was no option in the poll for this.
#50 Posted by imsh_pl (3298 posts) -

I think they are good games, but I don't like Activision's approach regarding expensive DLC and subscription based services. However, if MW3 won't improve drastically over Blops then I'll be fairly disappointed.

Oh, well. The more people buy Battlefield 3 the better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.