Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chrono Trigger

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 11, 1995

Take control of the lovable but silent protagonist Crono in this time-spanning collaborative effort from Squaresoft's "Dream Team." Chrono Trigger follows the exploits of Crono as he and his friends attempt to save the world from a planet-devouring alien creature.

CHRONO TRIGGER SUCKS

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I haven't played this game yet, but I can't wait to. It looks so bad, but man I'm excited. Have you seen those graphics? They fucking suck. I mean, there so pretty for the SNES its great. I really can't wait to download this game on my emulator and play this trash. 

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By albedos_shadow

And the troll fails...

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Endogene

Eh?

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

You're right, it sucks so awesome. I hated it so much I bought it for my DS, too.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

I agree.  I've never liked Chrono Trigger.  It's the epitome of JRPG cliche.

Bioderm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Bioderm

Chrono trigger is old and you are saying gfx sucks... well duh its 10+ years old!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By OmegaPirate

Dude, please construct that sentance into a proper argument then try again - i have no idea where you stand

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Endogene said:
    "Eh? "
    Lock? :P
    Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Disgaeamad

Cool troll, bro.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By thordain

Oh trolls, where have the good ones gone.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Its not aged well but that doesn't really matter the only problem i have is square wanting me to pay 40 dollars for a DS port of the game that has next to no improvement and only one additional ending and a stupid ass monster arena thing.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By AgentJ

Its in my DS right now, but i can't say i'm loving it. It has aged much better than some RPGs of the time, but there are still some dated elements. That said, it's still one of the best. Despite my panning of it, i can still recognize a great game when i see one.

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By BiG_Weasel
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Coltonio7

YOU TRIED YOUR BEST!!!

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

The game isn't good if you play it now going fresh into it.
    You won't like it unless you've played it before.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By RedSox8933

fail, big time.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AgentJ
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "The game isn't good if you play it now going fresh into it.You won't like it unless you've played it before. "
    If that were true, then the game wouldn't good. The best games are the ones that are still fun 5, 10, 15 years after their release. Besides, who wants to fork over 40 dollars for essentially the exact same game? This DS version is made for the people who didn't have a chance to play it before. I'm not saying the game isn't good, because i still have a lot of game to play, and it took me a while to love Mass Effect. However, the idea that you won't like it unless you played it on the SNES or PS1 back in the day is a joke.
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Hehe, this was a bit of an experiment. Apparently trolling is a good way to get attention. I hope most of you realize that as long as I've been on this forum, that I'm no troll. =D

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lunarbunny

It's pretty obvious the only way to get any lasting attention on these forums is to troll. All you have to do is look at Smug or Crunch (you're both idiots, we're tired of seeing your ego masturbation on these forums).

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    AgentJ said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "The game isn't good if you play it now going fresh into it.You won't like it unless you've played it before. "
    If that were true, then the game wouldn't good. The best games are the ones that are still fun 5, 10, 15 years after their release. Besides, who wants to fork over 40 dollars for essentially the exact same game? This DS version is made for the people who didn't have a chance to play it before. I'm not saying the game isn't good, because i still have a lot of game to play, and it took me a while to love Mass Effect. However, the idea that you won't like it unless you played it on the SNES or PS1 back in the day is a joke.
    "
    Not true at all, completely dependent on each game.
    Some games age poorly, some barely age at all.  Doesn't mean anything about game quality.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AgentJ

Lol, I don't think that Smug is really trying to be a troll. I think he really believes that 360 JRPGs, Final Fantasy, and Halo are the best things ever made!

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Disgaeamad
    AgentJ said:
    "Lol, I don't think that Smug is really trying to be a troll. I think he really believes that 360 JRPGs, Final Fantasy, and Halo are the best things ever made!"
    Please don't think of him as a representative of the people who like JRPGs. Please.
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    AgentJ said:
    "Lol, I don't think that Smug is really trying to be a troll. I think he really believes that 360 JRPGs, Final Fantasy, and Halo are the best things ever made!"
    Yeah, I've noticed this. Lol. 
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Systech

You're wrong, my not-friend. 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Linkyshinks
    jakob187 said:
    "I agree.  I've never liked Chrono Trigger.  It's the epitome of JRPG cliche."

Well it would be given the fact it gave birth to so many : /

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    Disgaeamad said:
    "AgentJ said:
    Please don't think of him as a representative of the people who like JRPGs. Please."
    Umm... say what?
    I'm probably one of the biggest jrpg fans on this whole forum. 

But to say that I only like X360 jrpgs is a joke.  I'm playing Persona 4 right now (finally!!!)
    Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hexpane

Good things suck!!!!!

kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By kenzo287

Wow I didn't think I was on GameTrailers

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Proof that people don't read all the comments. I will restate: this was a bit of a joke/experiment. A sort of satire on trolls and an experiment to see why they are as ridiculous as they are. 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AgentJ

I think your experiment worked. look how much hate you stirred up in only a few minutes

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Disgaeamad
    SathingtonWaltz said:
    "Proof that people don't read all the comments. I will restate: this was a bit of a joke/experiment. A sort of satire on trolls and an experiment to see why they are as ridiculous as they are. "
    What's sad is that people took the bait.
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    AgentJ said:
    "I think your experiment worked. look how much hate you stirred up in only a few minutes

"
    Yeah, I was surprised. I knew I would get a negative reaction, but within the first few minutes of me posting it I already had 10 or so hits. I was like "wow, now I understand trolling".

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Cazamalos

troll'd

Avatar image for chronotriggerdoessuck
    chronotriggerdoessuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the fotm is that this game really does actually suck. Its simply a lame game and im tired of everyone ******* off to it.  I dont understand what makes it the "best" rpg "ever"
    first of all I dont like fight sequenced rpg's. that is the most disgusting form of video gameplay imho.  I'm disgusted with that nonsensical rubbish.  the game would've fared better as an action/rpg
    second ...it's babyish and kiddie.  I don't like quirky little japanese kiddie poorly attempted humor lame games. How can it be the "best" rpg ever? what the hell is wrong with you? 
    third...who in their right mind likes having to pointlessly travel back and forth through that gay futuristic level two hundred times to complete the next part of the game???
    even the graphics are highly immature.  I could've sworn i was battling Barney the dinosaur at one point of the game.  This is the "best" rpg ever? No. not by any stretch of the imagination.
    the game is a complete waste of anyone's time.  to actually pay for this atrocity is like asking someone to punch you in the face and take your money.  There are millions of rpgs out there. This one
    happens to suck the worst of them all...get over it.  This game is a laughable abomination and anyone who takes is as any more than that is out of their mind. Sorry to break it to you.
    have fun being a homosexual eight year old with this one.  an eight year old who likes fairies and dragonss

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By Ace829
    @chronotriggerdoessuck said:
    " the fotm is that this game really does actually suck. Its simply a lame game and im tired of everyone ******* off to it.  I dont understand what makes it the "best" rpg "ever" first of all I dont like fight sequenced rpg's. that is the most disgusting form of video gameplay imho.  I'm disgusted with that nonsensical rubbish.  the game would've fared better as an action/rpg second ...it's babyish and kiddie.  I don't like quirky little japanese kiddie poorly attempted humor lame games. How can it be the "best" rpg ever? what the hell is wrong with you?  third...who in their right mind likes having to pointlessly travel back and forth through that gay futuristic level two hundred times to complete the next part of the game??? even the graphics are highly immature.  I could've sworn i was battling Barney the dinosaur at one point of the game.  This is the "best" rpg ever? No. not by any stretch of the imagination. the game is a complete waste of anyone's time.  to actually pay for this atrocity is like asking someone to punch you in the face and take your money.  There are millions of rpgs out there. This one happens to suck the worst of them all...get over it.  This game is a laughable abomination and anyone who takes is as any more than that is out of their mind. Sorry to break it to you. have fun being a homosexual eight year old with this one.  an eight year old who likes fairies and dragonss "
    Dude. Are you serious? You created an account!? Just for this!? What am I saying...this is the internet after all.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#36  Edited By beargirl1
    @chronotriggerdoessuck said:
    " the fotm is that this game really does actually suck. Its simply a lame game and im tired of everyone ******* off to it.  I dont understand what makes it the "best" rpg "ever" first of all I dont like fight sequenced rpg's. that is the most disgusting form of video gameplay imho.  I'm disgusted with that nonsensical rubbish.  the game would've fared better as an action/rpg second ...it's babyish and kiddie.  I don't like quirky little japanese kiddie poorly attempted humor lame games. How can it be the "best" rpg ever? what the hell is wrong with you?  third...who in their right mind likes having to pointlessly travel back and forth through that gay futuristic level two hundred times to complete the next part of the game??? even the graphics are highly immature.  I could've sworn i was battling Barney the dinosaur at one point of the game.  This is the "best" rpg ever? No. not by any stretch of the imagination. the game is a complete waste of anyone's time.  to actually pay for this atrocity is like asking someone to punch you in the face and take your money.  There are millions of rpgs out there. This one happens to suck the worst of them all...get over it.  This game is a laughable abomination and anyone who takes is as any more than that is out of their mind. Sorry to break it to you. have fun being a homosexual eight year old with this one.  an eight year old who likes fairies and dragonss "
    this debate kind of ended a year ago 
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#37  Edited By Symphony

Rise from your grave! 

*casts Resurrect Thread* 

Symphony now has 1 Necropost Familiar

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By nintendoeats
    @SmugDarkLoser said:
    " AgentJ said:
    " SmugDarkLoser said:
    If that were true, then the game wouldn't good. The best games are the ones that are still fun 5, 10, 15 years after their release. Besides, who wants to fork over 40 dollars for essentially the exact same game? This DS version is made for the people who didn't have a chance to play it before. I'm not saying the game isn't good, because i still have a lot of game to play, and it took me a while to love Mass Effect. However, the idea that you won't like it unless you played it on the SNES or PS1 back in the day is a joke."
    Not true at all, completely dependent on each game. Some games age poorly, some barely age at all.  Doesn't mean anything about game quality. "
    Well, I would disagree with this, but that comes down to my personal game design philosophy.
    Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By MasturbatingBear
    @Symphony: Power Up!
    AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AltonBrown

WHO THE FUCK BUMPED THIS TRASH?!

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

Chrono Trigger's not too bad, but I'm not one for Japanese RPGs in general.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By Brendan

Best bump ever.  ChronoTriggerDoesSuck should get quest points for this or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.