CHRONO TRIGGER SUCKS

#1 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

I haven't played this game yet, but I can't wait to. It looks so bad, but man I'm excited. Have you seen those graphics? They fucking suck. I mean, there so pretty for the SNES its great. I really can't wait to download this game on my emulator and play this trash. 

#2 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -

And the troll fails...

#3 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

Eh?

#4 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

You're right, it sucks so awesome. I hated it so much I bought it for my DS, too.

#5 Posted by jakob187 (21763 posts) -

I agree.  I've never liked Chrono Trigger.  It's the epitome of JRPG cliche.

#6 Posted by Bioderm (194 posts) -

Chrono trigger is old and you are saying gfx sucks... well duh its 10+ years old!

#7 Edited by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Dude, please construct that sentance into a proper argument then try again - i have no idea where you stand

#8 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
Endogene said:
"Eh? "
Lock? :P
#9 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -

Cool troll, bro.

#10 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -

Oh trolls, where have the good ones gone.

#11 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

Its not aged well but that doesn't really matter the only problem i have is square wanting me to pay 40 dollars for a DS port of the game that has next to no improvement and only one additional ending and a stupid ass monster arena thing.

#12 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Its in my DS right now, but i can't say i'm loving it. It has aged much better than some RPGs of the time, but there are still some dated elements. That said, it's still one of the best. Despite my panning of it, i can still recognize a great game when i see one.

#13 Posted by BiG_Weasel (524 posts) -
#14 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

YOU TRIED YOUR BEST!!!

#15 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

The game isn't good if you play it now going fresh into it.
You won't like it unless you've played it before.

#16 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

fail, big time.

#17 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
SmugDarkLoser said:
"The game isn't good if you play it now going fresh into it.You won't like it unless you've played it before. "
If that were true, then the game wouldn't good. The best games are the ones that are still fun 5, 10, 15 years after their release. Besides, who wants to fork over 40 dollars for essentially the exact same game? This DS version is made for the people who didn't have a chance to play it before. I'm not saying the game isn't good, because i still have a lot of game to play, and it took me a while to love Mass Effect. However, the idea that you won't like it unless you played it on the SNES or PS1 back in the day is a joke.
#18 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

Hehe, this was a bit of an experiment. Apparently trolling is a good way to get attention. I hope most of you realize that as long as I've been on this forum, that I'm no troll. =D

#19 Posted by Lunarbunny (1025 posts) -

It's pretty obvious the only way to get any lasting attention on these forums is to troll. All you have to do is look at Smug or Crunch (you're both idiots, we're tired of seeing your ego masturbation on these forums).

#20 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
AgentJ said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"The game isn't good if you play it now going fresh into it.You won't like it unless you've played it before. "
If that were true, then the game wouldn't good. The best games are the ones that are still fun 5, 10, 15 years after their release. Besides, who wants to fork over 40 dollars for essentially the exact same game? This DS version is made for the people who didn't have a chance to play it before. I'm not saying the game isn't good, because i still have a lot of game to play, and it took me a while to love Mass Effect. However, the idea that you won't like it unless you played it on the SNES or PS1 back in the day is a joke.
"
Not true at all, completely dependent on each game.
Some games age poorly, some barely age at all.  Doesn't mean anything about game quality.
#21 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Lol, I don't think that Smug is really trying to be a troll. I think he really believes that 360 JRPGs, Final Fantasy, and Halo are the best things ever made!

#22 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -
AgentJ said:
"Lol, I don't think that Smug is really trying to be a troll. I think he really believes that 360 JRPGs, Final Fantasy, and Halo are the best things ever made!"
Please don't think of him as a representative of the people who like JRPGs. Please.
#23 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -
AgentJ said:
"Lol, I don't think that Smug is really trying to be a troll. I think he really believes that 360 JRPGs, Final Fantasy, and Halo are the best things ever made!"
Yeah, I've noticed this. Lol. 
#24 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

You're wrong, my not-friend. 

#25 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"I agree.  I've never liked Chrono Trigger.  It's the epitome of JRPG cliche."

Well it would be given the fact it gave birth to so many : /

#26 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
Disgaeamad said:
"AgentJ said:
Please don't think of him as a representative of the people who like JRPGs. Please."
Umm... say what?
I'm probably one of the biggest jrpg fans on this whole forum. 

But to say that I only like X360 jrpgs is a joke.  I'm playing Persona 4 right now (finally!!!)
#27 Posted by Hexpane (1397 posts) -

Good things suck!!!!!

#28 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

Wow I didn't think I was on GameTrailers

#29 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

Proof that people don't read all the comments. I will restate: this was a bit of a joke/experiment. A sort of satire on trolls and an experiment to see why they are as ridiculous as they are. 

#30 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

I think your experiment worked. look how much hate you stirred up in only a few minutes

#31 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -
SathingtonWaltz said:
"Proof that people don't read all the comments. I will restate: this was a bit of a joke/experiment. A sort of satire on trolls and an experiment to see why they are as ridiculous as they are. "
What's sad is that people took the bait.
#32 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -
AgentJ said:
"I think your experiment worked. look how much hate you stirred up in only a few minutes

"
Yeah, I was surprised. I knew I would get a negative reaction, but within the first few minutes of me posting it I already had 10 or so hits. I was like "wow, now I understand trolling".

#33 Posted by Cazamalos (983 posts) -

troll'd

#34 Posted by chronotriggerdoessuck (1 posts) -

the fotm is that this game really does actually suck. Its simply a lame game and im tired of everyone ******* off to it.  I dont understand what makes it the "best" rpg "ever"
first of all I dont like fight sequenced rpg's. that is the most disgusting form of video gameplay imho.  I'm disgusted with that nonsensical rubbish.  the game would've fared better as an action/rpg
second ...it's babyish and kiddie.  I don't like quirky little japanese kiddie poorly attempted humor lame games. How can it be the "best" rpg ever? what the hell is wrong with you? 
third...who in their right mind likes having to pointlessly travel back and forth through that gay futuristic level two hundred times to complete the next part of the game???
even the graphics are highly immature.  I could've sworn i was battling Barney the dinosaur at one point of the game.  This is the "best" rpg ever? No. not by any stretch of the imagination.
the game is a complete waste of anyone's time.  to actually pay for this atrocity is like asking someone to punch you in the face and take your money.  There are millions of rpgs out there. This one
happens to suck the worst of them all...get over it.  This game is a laughable abomination and anyone who takes is as any more than that is out of their mind. Sorry to break it to you.
have fun being a homosexual eight year old with this one.  an eight year old who likes fairies and dragonss

#35 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -
@chronotriggerdoessuck said:
" the fotm is that this game really does actually suck. Its simply a lame game and im tired of everyone ******* off to it.  I dont understand what makes it the "best" rpg "ever" first of all I dont like fight sequenced rpg's. that is the most disgusting form of video gameplay imho.  I'm disgusted with that nonsensical rubbish.  the game would've fared better as an action/rpg second ...it's babyish and kiddie.  I don't like quirky little japanese kiddie poorly attempted humor lame games. How can it be the "best" rpg ever? what the hell is wrong with you?  third...who in their right mind likes having to pointlessly travel back and forth through that gay futuristic level two hundred times to complete the next part of the game??? even the graphics are highly immature.  I could've sworn i was battling Barney the dinosaur at one point of the game.  This is the "best" rpg ever? No. not by any stretch of the imagination. the game is a complete waste of anyone's time.  to actually pay for this atrocity is like asking someone to punch you in the face and take your money.  There are millions of rpgs out there. This one happens to suck the worst of them all...get over it.  This game is a laughable abomination and anyone who takes is as any more than that is out of their mind. Sorry to break it to you. have fun being a homosexual eight year old with this one.  an eight year old who likes fairies and dragonss "
Dude. Are you serious? You created an account!? Just for this!? What am I saying...this is the internet after all.
#36 Posted by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -
@chronotriggerdoessuck said:
" the fotm is that this game really does actually suck. Its simply a lame game and im tired of everyone ******* off to it.  I dont understand what makes it the "best" rpg "ever" first of all I dont like fight sequenced rpg's. that is the most disgusting form of video gameplay imho.  I'm disgusted with that nonsensical rubbish.  the game would've fared better as an action/rpg second ...it's babyish and kiddie.  I don't like quirky little japanese kiddie poorly attempted humor lame games. How can it be the "best" rpg ever? what the hell is wrong with you?  third...who in their right mind likes having to pointlessly travel back and forth through that gay futuristic level two hundred times to complete the next part of the game??? even the graphics are highly immature.  I could've sworn i was battling Barney the dinosaur at one point of the game.  This is the "best" rpg ever? No. not by any stretch of the imagination. the game is a complete waste of anyone's time.  to actually pay for this atrocity is like asking someone to punch you in the face and take your money.  There are millions of rpgs out there. This one happens to suck the worst of them all...get over it.  This game is a laughable abomination and anyone who takes is as any more than that is out of their mind. Sorry to break it to you. have fun being a homosexual eight year old with this one.  an eight year old who likes fairies and dragonss "
this debate kind of ended a year ago 
#37 Edited by Symphony (1912 posts) -

Rise from your grave! 

*casts Resurrect Thread* 

Symphony now has 1 Necropost Familiar

#38 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@SmugDarkLoser said:
" AgentJ said:
" SmugDarkLoser said:
If that were true, then the game wouldn't good. The best games are the ones that are still fun 5, 10, 15 years after their release. Besides, who wants to fork over 40 dollars for essentially the exact same game? This DS version is made for the people who didn't have a chance to play it before. I'm not saying the game isn't good, because i still have a lot of game to play, and it took me a while to love Mass Effect. However, the idea that you won't like it unless you played it on the SNES or PS1 back in the day is a joke."
Not true at all, completely dependent on each game. Some games age poorly, some barely age at all.  Doesn't mean anything about game quality. "
Well, I would disagree with this, but that comes down to my personal game design philosophy.
#39 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -
@Symphony: Power Up!
#40 Posted by AltonBrown (947 posts) -

WHO THE FUCK BUMPED THIS TRASH?!

#41 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3086 posts) -

Chrono Trigger's not too bad, but I'm not one for Japanese RPGs in general.

#42 Posted by Brendan (8167 posts) -

Best bump ever.  ChronoTriggerDoesSuck should get quest points for this or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.