Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By tekshow
@Afroman269 said:

@tekshowsaid:

@DrMcKittrick said:

3DS. We've already seen this war before if you even want to call it that.

Nintendo put all it's eggs in the basket of 3D, going along with the market push. As it turns out this time 3D is going to have a slow penetration. It won't be until 3D is attached to every flat screen sold in stores.

What the fuck are you talking about? The 3DS has its own 3D screen. I have no idea as to how the number of people owning 3D TVs has anything to do with 3DS sales.

Well my good chap, what I meant was that Nintendo took the hype train to the 3D summit a little prematurely. It's a great feature, I own a 3DS, but I'm concerned about it being the main draw of the system. Whereas Vita looks to plug into social networks both during gaming and from the XMB, and I think that could have a bigger impact. The Vita has the potential to keep you in touch with everything as an alternative to smartphones and iPads. It stands out as a multi-media device, and if they clean up their web browsing and content organization it could be really strong in that regard.  Kind of makes me wonder how many iPod Touch's have been sold? It's sort of the same thing, except with a console gaming experience in your pocket instead of touchy touch. 

With E3 behind us I'm finally excited about the 3DS, picking up OoT tomorrow is just the start. Nintendo did a great job brining the one thing we all want: games. Market analysts and people who buy devices for convergence can take a hike. They showed some awesome games for their games machine and I'm a little more pumped about it. Everything from first to third party looks awesome, and it means that Nintendo isn't going to squander their head start.  

So get both! They're both going to have some killer AAA games. Heck, if the 3DS just comes up with what was shown at E3, the eShop, and all the DS games that are available for it that warrants the price of admission right there. Then start saving up for that Vita for this Christmas and you'll be all set! The only thing you might have to worry about is I think the 3DS will most likely hit $199 this holiday to compete with Sony. What do you think? 
tekshow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By tekshow
@Belmont_Shadow said:
3DS because 2 major reasons  1- It is a DS with better graphcis and 3D support  2- I really don't give a crap about playing console games on a 6" Screen. Seriously. I'lll get the Vita some day when unique stuff come out but the games they are showing..Uncharted..rather play on PS3, Modantion, don't give a crap about it, Tekken vs SF...gonna play on PS3/360.    It's one of the reaonss i preferred DS over PSP. I don't want to sound like a fanboy but i hope people understand my point. The only amazing thing about he VITa is the 3G support and Price is really low. Nothing else excites me.

Nah, you don't sound like a fanboy. I think that's the boat a lot of us were rowing in when the DS/PSP war was raging. I bought a PSP first, and quickly realized I'd rather play most of this stuff at home on the TV. The DS made good use of it's two screens, and I think that surprised a hell of a lot of people. It's a format that took Nintendo until this E3 to duplicate in the home console with the Wii U touchpad.  

3DS vs Vita could be more of the same, it'll be interesting that's for sure. If Sony takes the opportunity for convergence seriously they could make it very attractive. This was actually brought up in one of the E3 Bombcasts: Sony needs to make it easy (read: CHEAP) to transfarr your PS3 games to the Vita. Maybe not as cheap as Portal 2 to PS3 and Steam, that was free, but they could do like a $10 overcharge on any game you want to also play on Vita. $70 for the Vita & PS3 version, I would pay for that. Knowing you could always play the same game on the go and transfer your saves back and forth to the cloud would be an awesome feature.  

Or is this a circular argument destined to run the same course? Will neither one matter as smart phones take over everything? 
Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Vita because the games they have shown are great and the hardware is obviously good and the price is a steal. Gravity Daze, Sound Shapes, Hot Shots Golf, Dragon's Crown and LittleBigPlanet all seem like a lot of fun. Having the second analog stick is great as well because it removes all the so-called boundaries and limits of what a handheld game should be. Vita is in the perfect position to provide me with a wide variety of genres. In a battle of the gimmicks, two touch screens provides more gameplay functionality than 3D and one touch screen does. Also, the online on Vita will just be better, which is nice. No eShop though...

I've never been this excited about a handheld system before. I also want to play all the PSP games I missed out on.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Marz said:
i'm digging the Vita more than the 3ds at this point. 
and at that price, yeeessss
swfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By swfcfan

@J12088 said:

GAME has it for £230 for the none 3g and £280 for the 3GIG. VERY very good price.

I have just pre ordered a PSV (wifi only model) off Amazon.co.uk for £229.99 as I expect the retail price to rise to £250 in the UK around launch time.The fact that the Vita has two proper analog sticks, great graphics and no noisy UMD disc drive are all big selling points for me!

niall_sg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By niall_sg1

Neither, I'm still rocking my Gameboy Micro bitches. 

CodyMetro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By CodyMetro

Vita for sure. Nintendo has just..I don't know it really just doesn't appeal to me in my adult years. Also, I never understood the PSP hate? I bought one in March of this year and enjoy it quite a bit. I think it has a lot of great games for it.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#158  Edited By nintendoeats

The Vita looks like it might be cool. The 3DS thusfar isn't.

CodyMetro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By CodyMetro
@super_machine said:

Vita all the way. I got a NES, with duck tails, Metal gear, mega man 2, battle toads, and SMB 3. WTF do I need to a 3DS for?

Best post I've ever seen.
Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

The Vita has kind of sold me, or rather Ken Levine has. I know it's the same PSP trap, but I still kind of want one.

Nothing about the 3DS looks appealing to me. It needs some games I give a shit about, not Nintendo rehashes.

swfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By swfcfan

@Jesus said:

That press conference made me switch back to the 3DS side, I NEED TO DECIDE SOON!

The Nintendo press conference made me decide against the 3DS for now. I though that the Mario 3DS game was the only one that looked interesting for 3DS.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By kishinfoulux

This is the PSP/DS thing all over again. Problem with Vita is they will try to put console experiences on a handheld and that just doesn't work for me. 3DS all the way, especially with all the great games coming out by years end.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#163  Edited By Red

I don't care about 3D, and I think the Vita is a better device than the 3DS, but I seldom play my PSP anymore, and I don't actually have a Wii, so my DS is the only nintendo I get. This sounds ridiculous, but I might get a 3DS because of its lower graphical capabilities (more developers are forced to use 2D, which leads to different experiences from home consoles) and the clamshell design. 

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By TooSweet

Both for me more than likely. Probably get the 3DS first.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#165  Edited By tebbit

Vita has Wipeout 2048, but 3DS has Luigi's Mansion 2.

GODDDDD, this is just like the time the PS2 had Wipeout Fusion and the Gamecube had Luigi's Mansion.

I picked the PS2, just so you know.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#166  Edited By Afroman269

@tekshow: The nintendo press conference was a pretty good indication that they are not going to be focusing primarily on 3D, I agree that they showed some solid games. I'm not worried about the 3D aspect because there is an off switch. I decided on getting both handhelds and I highly doubt Nintendo will drop the price in the same year that they launched the 3DS because it will look too reactionary.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By iamjohn

Neither, but leaning more towards Vita.

Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#168  Edited By Jesus
@swfcfan said:

@Jesus said:

That press conference made me switch back to the 3DS side, I NEED TO DECIDE SOON!

The Nintendo press conference made me decide against the 3DS for now. I though that the Mario 3DS game was the only one that looked interesting for 3DS.

LUIGI'S FUCKING MANSION 2! I'M READY!
ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By ShockD

Always preferred the PSP meself.

fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By fallen_elite

I'm going to wait until they both have a good amount of games to choose from then I'll decide. Also I've never really cared about most Nintendo games so that makes me naturally lean more towards the Vita. 

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both, but i'm more inclined towards the Vita

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By coakroach

Whichever gets a Disgaea or Persona game first.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#173  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I'll probably end up with both since I have a 3DS already. So far, it has been disappointing because all the good software is still a ways off. But, by the time Vita comes out, the 3DS will already have a solid foundation. The Vita looks very promising, and if Sony delivers exactly what was promised, it could easily be the better of the two. But for now, I'd give Nintendo a slight edge. Historically, their handhelds always dominate, always have the best software and support, and Nintendo's first party titles alone are worth buying a 3DS for. 

udabenshen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By udabenshen

Just gonna save for a tablet.  Yep, I'm that guy.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#175  Edited By Sergio

I got a DS over a PSP because it had games that offered a different experience than what I could get from my consoles, while it felt the PSP simply shrunk the console experience into a portable format. A lot of the 3DS games are console experiences shrunk down into a portable format with 3D and touch controls tacked on (MGS). Vita, while no doubt will have console experiences in portable format too (Uncharted), is now able to offer me those different experiences much like the DS did, but with better graphics than it and the 3DS.

I'll get a Vita first, but I'll probably get a 3DS eventually - after a price drop or two.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#176  Edited By toowalrus

Had you asked me before Luigi's Mansion 2 was announced, I'd have said Vite- now, I'm not so sure.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Buscemi

Vita, Vita, Vita!

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#178  Edited By sopranosfan

Vita as long as it is out by Christmas.  If it is not I am about 50/50 on which one I will get.