A Quick note on the BSHAF

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Edited By Jensonb

You've possibly noticed that the BSHAF has been having a few logistical problems of late and our episodes are sporadic. I'll explain. TokyoChicken and I are the driving force behind getting BSHAF done normally, as MattBoodega has other nefarious deeds going on (Moderation, College, opening a pit to hell, playing Path of Neo). Unfortunately, it's exam time for both of us.

That's having a major impact on our ability to get the show work done. Revision for AS Levels is kicking mys ass guys, not to mention all the Prep Work for my Art exam. Anyway, once things cool off for us at school normal service will be resumed.

Well, I say that, but I'm actually considering talking to Matt about giving the show a kick in the ass, shaking things up - revolutionising outside the box and so forth. (Yes, I did recently watch that icon of the 80s, the movie "Wall Street"). I'm open to your suggestions about things we can do to change the show up. I have a few ideas already, but a good idea is a good idea, so if you have a suggestion, we're happy to hear it.

So anyway, bear with us as we work through some stuff. We'll be sorting things out to make the show better than ever once it's all done.

Jens

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Jensonb

You've possibly noticed that the BSHAF has been having a few logistical problems of late and our episodes are sporadic. I'll explain. TokyoChicken and I are the driving force behind getting BSHAF done normally, as MattBoodega has other nefarious deeds going on (Moderation, College, opening a pit to hell, playing Path of Neo). Unfortunately, it's exam time for both of us.

That's having a major impact on our ability to get the show work done. Revision for AS Levels is kicking mys ass guys, not to mention all the Prep Work for my Art exam. Anyway, once things cool off for us at school normal service will be resumed.

Well, I say that, but I'm actually considering talking to Matt about giving the show a kick in the ass, shaking things up - revolutionising outside the box and so forth. (Yes, I did recently watch that icon of the 80s, the movie "Wall Street"). I'm open to your suggestions about things we can do to change the show up. I have a few ideas already, but a good idea is a good idea, so if you have a suggestion, we're happy to hear it.

So anyway, bear with us as we work through some stuff. We'll be sorting things out to make the show better than ever once it's all done.

Jens

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Don't worry about it too much duders. I enjoy listening to the BSHAF, but if you guys are busy, no problem guys.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb

You're doing AS levels. I thought you were younger. They'll be over with soon anyway right?

Aren't they next week? Good luck anyway.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Oni

WEll for one you need to have me on the show, post-E3. For two I think a LITTLE more structure would go a long ways, the podcast is fun and all, but it goes off aimlessly every once in a while. Not necessarily a revolution, more of a suggestion.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jensonb

That's right get2sammyb, they start Tuesday (Monday for Art). Mine are done on June the 1st, but all but one are this coming week and the week after. Media is then on the 1st and I'm done.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By sweep  Moderator

i'm hesitant to keep listening to the BSHAF, firstly because Mattbodega is being a dick and secondly because I kinda feel short-changed by you guys. Of the 5 Podcasts you invited me to be on I think only 2 got published. That's a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jensonb

If you keep listening Sweep, I promise to give you a free punch to MattBodega's gut at the inevitable Giant Bomb meet up.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By danielkempster

No worries, Jensonb. All the best for your exams. I've got some coming up too (first one tomorrow), so I know where you're coming from. I look forward to the BSHAF's return later in the year.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By mracoon

I'm doing AS levels as well so I can totally understand why you're swamped with work.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#10  Edited By LordAndrew
Sweep said:
"i'm hesitant to keep listening to the BSHAF, firstly because Mattbodega is being a dick and secondly because I kinda feel short-changed by you guys. Of the 5 Podcasts you invited me to be on I think only 2 got published. That's a bit of a kick in the teeth."
Two? I'm jealous. I've become convinced that this "guest" thing is just a scam designed to waste our time. :P
Anyway, I wish you guys luck with your exams and such, and look forward to BSHAF's triumphant return.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By BoG

How long has Bodega been working on his portal to hell? Those things are quite the challenge. Lack of experience could mean months before he's got the thing open.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Systech

Tip for everyone who is wanting more BSHAF, take up Minor Issues. I hear it's like, pretty good.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Dalai
systech said:
"Tip for everyone who is wanting more BSHAF, take up Minor Issues. I hear it's like, pretty good."
Systech you Earthbound-loving, self-promoting whore!  I listened to an episode and it's a good alternative.

As for the BSHAF, I would say more structure like Oni stated.  It wanders much more often than the Bombcast.  Also, drink taste tests?
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jensonb

Well Dalai, I would totally do drink taste tests if you guys thought it'd be cool. We try to steer clear of stepping on Bombcast's toes, but if we can find a way to make it fresh it might sneak in.