Any games you regret not buying?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Throughout my years of my playing video games, there have been quite a few games I loved but never bought and years later I regretted not having them. I noticed this is something I did with quite a few N64 games, such as Star Fox 64 and Banjo Kazooie, which are both among my top ten all-time favorite games. Some games I wish I would have bought include The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Wave Race 64, 1080 Snowboarding, Tekken 3, Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, Perfect Dark, etc. At the time, I'm sure I had perfectly legitimate reasons for not buying the games, and many of them I probably planned on buying and just never got around to it.

Luckily through today's technology we're able to easily purchase some of these games online on our next gen consoles, but that isn't always the case, and if we try looking up original copies, they can be quite rare and in some cases absurdly expensive (I recall searching for a new copy of MGS: Twin Snakes months back and seeing them cost like $100 or so). Then backwards compatibility doesn't cover all games on most consoles, so starting last gen I tried to make a habit of picking up the must-have games. Even if that meant waiting for games to drop to bargain bin prices, just so long as I had them in case I should ever want to play them years later. Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to ask you guys if there are any games you regret having never bought, and what might some of those games be?

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By shadows_kill

turok-idk why i choose to buy it...
assasins creed- alot people loved it but i hated it
most of my ds games (dont want to name them all) but only 4-6 of them i actual still like and i have 15

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail

Majora's Mask. Forever and ever...

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero
shadows_kill said:
"turok-idk why i choose to buy it...
assasins creed- alot people loved it but i hated it
most of my ds games (dont want to name them all) but only 4-6 of them i actual still like and i have 15"

Any games you regret not buying?

;) Heh, it was meant to be for games you wish you had bought. Anyway, I feel you on those games. The current-gen Turok was quite a letdown, though I did love the original and that's one game I wish I would have bought back on the N64. Also, yeah, Assassin's Creed was almost a great game, but it was so repetitive it quickly became quite dull.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Perfect Dark. I rue not having a copy of that.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#6  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Shadow Warrior.  I must have played that game a thousand times but my copy was actually a loan from a friend.  There are also a ton of NES and Super Nintendo games I wanted to buy but never could as a kid.  Thankfully, most if not all of those have been released on the Virtual Console so it's no longer really an issue.  I'm currently playing through all the Donkey Kong Country games since I missed them back in the day.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Megalon
Snail said:
"Majora's Mask. Forever and ever..."
Actually same here, I never got to play that one but always wanted to...
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Dalai

I saw a copy of Killer7 for the Gamecube a few years ago for a ridiculously low price... and didn't buy it.  I didn't own a Gamecube and it was just before I bought a Wii, but I should've bought it anyway since I was planning on getting one.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
Dalai said:
"I saw a copy of Killer7 for the Gamecube a few years ago for a ridiculously low price... and didn't buy it.  I didn't own a Gamecube and it was just before I bought a Wii, but I should've bought it anyway since I was planning on getting one."
I was in that situation a few months back, except I DID buy it. That game is not good at all.

Anyways, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie for me. Played em both a bunch, but never purchased either.
skye144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By skye144

I regret not buying Fire Emblem for the GBA and trauma center for the DS

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By kush

Due to the fact I never owned a SNES or N64...there are a lot of games for both systems that I regret not having a chance to play. I regret not buying either system and many games.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Kush said:
"Due to the fact I never owned a SNES or N64...there are a lot of games for both systems that I regret not having a chance to play. I regret not buying either system and many games."
WHOA. So deprived, man, not to make you feel bad.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#13  Edited By LordAndrew

There are a great many games I regret not buying. Hopefully I'll one day be able to buy them.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrGetBonus

Donkey Kong 64 and ocarina of time...but thanks to ebay I'll have them evnetually.,

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Verdugo

At a store about 6 years ago or so, there were 2 games on sale for the SNES:

Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars

Donkey Kong Country 3

I picked the latter, and I just wish I'd gotten Super Mario RPG. This was back when it costed about less than 10 bucks...damn, I still can't believe that. (BTW, DKC 3 is awesome, but I really would've enjoyed SMRPG more).

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By BoG

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
I decided all Star Wars games sucked, and I sold my Xbox.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By BoG

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
I decided all Star Wars games sucked, and I sold my Xbox.

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Verdugo

Also, I saw The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past for the GBA for $19.99 one time, not sure why I didn't buy it >__>.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HandsomeDead

Donkey Kong 64, the Yakuza games, Frequency and Amplitude are ones I think I really should have got when I had the chance.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Emilio

Killer 7, Zone of Enders, Ico, Dead Rising, alot of Dreamcast games, Shenmue II, Startropics, Earthbound, and a ton of others. I own some of these now, but I really wish I would have bought them back then so I wouldn't feel so behind.

Avatar image for ghost_of_perdition
Ghost_of_Perdition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I regret not getting Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem and Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.  I could probably find Eternal Darkness at Gamecrazy or Gamestop, but Call of Cthulhu might be a tougher find.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#22  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Earthbound. It sitting right in front of me! What a fool I was!

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By StaticFalconar

None, actually since anything i had missed out not buying, I probably stole as emulators and the such came out.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BiggerBomb

Ultimate Spider-Man because ,despite what so many people say, I think it is the best Spidey game out there. And Condemned: Criminal Origins, if only to have the box on my shelf next to Condemned 2: Bloodshot.