SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By SpinCookie

Straight from Joystiq, the GB crew will like this:

Reps from the UK PR firm for Eidos have confirmed that they're asking publications not to release any reviews for Tomb Raider: Underworld below an 8/10 until Monday. The firm says they're doing so at the request of Eidos, which is trying to manage the scores for as long as it can. The game is currently sporting a 78 on Metacritic.

Really Eidos? Really? You didn't lose enough goodwill being blamed for getting the world's most popular video games journalist fired and bringing a respected games portal to its knees? (Yes, we know you denied any involvement. This sort of thingcertainly makes that seem credible.) You thought maybe journalists would keep this quiet because you were buds? Because they were worried about not getting advance copies of Just Cause 2?

Note to Eidos: Stop being evil. That is all.

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By diz
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz

Man i hope to god Eidos have improved their forum moderation since the Gerstmann-Gate issue because back then they had to take the forums offline for days to clean them up and stop people from just flooding them....

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By crunchUK

man i hate eidos now. hate them

AkumaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AkumaX

I smell boycott.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#6  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Poor, poor Eidos.  They just don't get it, do they?

mac512k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By mac512k

Isn't this the company that has beef with IGN too over a score or something?

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Bulldog19892

I hate Eidos, but what really gets me going is when people get pissed at the developers for things like this. IO Interactive had jack shit to do with Jeff being fired.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By get2sammyb

If anyone's done anything it's not Eidos. It's their PR group Barrington Harvey. And they have straight up denied it.

You can boycott the game and pretend that virtually every other company don't practice the same principles or you can just enjoy a game that scored 7 and upwards in general and had fairly positive reviews written for it.

It's you're prerogative.

EDIT: Let us not forget, Gamespot's Guy Cocker broke this news. Perhaps he is trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame following that ridiculous Killzone 2 "hands-on" he wrote?

Wuffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wuffi

i love eidos so many amazing games this gen

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BiggerBomb

B-but, they made Legacy of Kain games! They have some goo-

Aw shucks, Eidos is twisted.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By mracoon

This doesn't give me a good feeling about Deus Ex 3. I'm really looking forward to the game but I hope they put their best team on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mracoon said:
"This doesn't give me a good feeling about Deus Ex 3. I'm really looking forward to the game but I hope they put their best team on it."
I hate being a negative Nancy, but don't get your hopes up. I mean is anybody from Ion Storm working on it at all?
Anyhoo, I'm not shocked, guess I'm gonna keep my Eidos boycott going.
Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By DragoonKain1687

I thought the demo was crap. Its like the same old game (plays exactly the same as Legend/Anniversary) and has little improvements aside from the graphics to make it different from the rest. One would think that now that there is a newcomer (Uncharted) that sported a great game, they would step up.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pibo47

Eidos has some GREAT games. But they keep pulling shit like this! They gotta stop now before people really start getting pissed

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PureRok
DragoonKain1687 said:
"I thought the demo was crap. Its like the same old game (plays exactly the same as Legend/Anniversary) and has little improvements aside from the graphics to make it different from the rest. One would think that now that there is a newcomer (Uncharted) that sported a great game, they would step up."
Really? I thought it controlled way worse than Legend/Anniversary and it even looked worse, too. I quickly decided based on the demo that the game was shit.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By daniel_beck_90
Bulldog19892 said:
"I hate Eidos, but what really gets me going is when people get pissed at the developers for things like this. IO Interactive had jack shit to do with Jeff being fired."
on the other hand they are the creators of Hitman
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By vidiot
albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By albedos_shadow

Will they never learn?

Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rorschach
PureRok said:
"DragoonKain1687 said:
"I thought the demo was crap. Its like the same old game (plays exactly the same as Legend/Anniversary) and has little improvements aside from the graphics to make it different from the rest. One would think that now that there is a newcomer (Uncharted) that sported a great game, they would step up."
Really? I thought it controlled way worse than Legend/Anniversary and it even looked worse, too. I quickly decided based on the demo that the game was shit."
I agree and it makes me sad. Adventuring games are my fav, and there aren't enough of them. Alas, i'll just have to go back to fighting giant tentacled monsters in "Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb".
And shooting it with a...golden spear gun? Yep, that game makes me sad too. Uncharted, here I come!

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Warfare
AkumaX said:
"I smell boycott."
>_> ......sorry.
Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Will1Lucky
diz said:
"That didn't stop Eurogamer giving it a 7."

At least they had the balls to go ahead and do that, good for them as far as I'm concerned. The harder Eidos are hit the better.
Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DragoonKain1687
PureRok said:
"DragoonKain1687 said:
Really? I thought it controlled way worse than Legend/Anniversary and it even looked worse, too. I quickly decided based on the demo that the game was shit."
I thought that overall, it was the same game, models where the same, but everything looked fake, and not even real at all. In the past it was something that was more accepted, due to limitations in the systems, but now, we have games that offer great visuals. I do not think that the gameplay is worse than Legend/Anniversary, I just think that it is the same old thing. One cannot completely rehash what it was previously done. You have to change the formula at least a little.
I think that they rushed the game in fear of I dont know, maybe having Uncharted de-throne them, which is not even a "similar" game, as Uncharted is more focused on combat rather than puzzle solving.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By jakob187

Maybe if Eidos would release some GOOD GAMES, liketheyusedto, maybe they wouldn't have to be douche bags.  =  /

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By TomA

Wow that is just like saying, "Hey reviewers,umm we want to cheat people out of their money so don't let them know that our games not so great cause otherwise we'll lose money".That's just stupid,especially after the Jeff issue last year.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By jakob187
Wuffi said:
"i love eidos so many amazing games this gen"
What fucking planet are you residing on?
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BiggerBomb
jakob187 said:
"Maybe if Eidos would release some GOOD GAMES, liketheyusedto, maybe they wouldn't have to be douche bags.  =  /"

omg legacy of kain ur awsum
Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers