• 115 results
deadmonkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deadmonkeys
In the comments section of the 22nd episode of the Persona 4 Endurance run, Vinny said:

"Looks like our compressor crashed getting this one finished. I dropped it in again, but it will take a bit. Should be ready by 11:00 - 11:30 PST. This ep is about 25 minutes long and we train hard for our pending dance with death, and the possible end of the series! Thanks for all the suggestions and tips, we definitely are using them." [ Bold, Italics, Underline added for effect ;) ]

Holy shit! The end of the series? I don't know about you guys, but the endurance run has been one of the few highlights of my weekdays, and it would be a shame to see it end on a downer (If they go out on a black "GAME OVER" screen).

How long should they be playing each game for endurance run? Till the first game over screen (or equivalent)? Till they just don't want to? When they stop getting death threats when they post about ending the series?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BiggerBomb

I think Jeff's feelings towards the Endurance Run can be best described as a "loathing."

deadmonkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deadmonkeys

Yeah. The whole "taking naps while Vinny plays" thing makes it pretty obvious :P
Can't wait for ep. 23 though. (Epic Boss Battle pls)

Foil1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Foil1212

Yeah, Jeff seems to be getting frustrated a bunch during the show.  BUT I LOVE IT!

MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MadMatr07

Maybe if they played a more interesting game than Persona 4. Which is hardly a game at all considering 80% of it is pressing X.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew
MadMatr07 said:
"Maybe if they played a more interesting game than Persona 4. Which is hardly a game at all considering 80% of it is pressing X."
There's a lot more to the game than that. Have you played it?
Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#7  Edited By MachoFantastico

Seriously, the Persona games are great. Infact I would have thought it perfect for such an endurance run. It is super long though from what I've been told though that's nothing new for those games.

Comes out in Europe this week, so I'm trying to not watch them which is tough. I think the reason Jeff is getting frustrated is partly because the game doesn't seem to interest him while I think Vinny is a bit of a fan. I hope they continue it, but I see nothing wrong with a few weeks break for me to catch up with them.
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I hope they keep playing, there are plenty jokes to be made.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By PowerSerj

They should do an Endurance Run for ANY game other than one from the Persona franchise. I have nothing against the series. It's just, you know, the whole this-game-is-so-long-it-doesn't-make-sense aspect makes it sort of a bad pick. Think about this way: Would you rather have one very long Endurance Run or multiple shorter ones?

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StaticFalconar
God I hope they don't end it, but i can see that happening once they get a boss that they didn't prepare enough for and just call it quits when they see the game over screen.

MadMatr07
said:
"Maybe if they played a more interesting game than Persona 4. Which is hardly a game at all considering 80% of it is pressing X."
its not the buttons you press that makes the game its the decisions you make.
RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RipTheVeins

I kinda agree that it's easy to tell that Jeff was on board for it at first, and even liked it, but now it's just starting to feel like less of a playing experience and more like work for him...which to me was what I interpreted "Endurance Run" to mean, but Jeff also seems to stick to the philosophy about games that if it isn't fun to play than it's not worth it....I personally hope they continue the Endurance Run, but I guess I can see why they would want to stop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't realize they were ending it if they got a game-over. They're going to get a game-over at some point, regardless. It's a hard game. Bummer.

deadmonkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deadmonkeys

Because of the Endurance Run I've been looking everywhere (retailers) for P4, only to find it at EB :P
Not sure if I'm gonna buy it from them. ($29.99 w/ 1 trade in, $49.99 otherwise)

Update: In the Bombcast, I heard someone say that "Mistakes were made; You can't use sodas in battle."
Does this mean that they hit the Game Over screen? :(

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By samcotts

Well, looks like we'll see at least another episode. Still not entirely sure that Vinny and Jeff will continue the Endurance Run for much longer though, I hope all the 'Person 4 Endurance Run, complete!' jokes, were just jokes nearing the end of the last episode. After that epic battle, I definitely want the series to go on. It's been brilliant entertainment so far.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Red

I'd actually be alright with that. I just got the game, and I can't see them ever beating it. I think it'd be much better to end the series with a "This has been your quick look on Persona 4" instead of prolonging it to the point where they're just torturing themselves.

Although, they're probably just talking about how the game is apparently easier after that boss fight. Lemme tell ya: it's most certainly not.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Kazona

I love this Endurance Run so I hope they keep it up for a long time to come.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Shadow

I don't think they would have kept going if they kept dying and dying on the one boss

MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MadMatr07

Well, it is a good idea in theory and maybe my statement about Persona 4 was harsh. I hadn't played it but I have been watching the videos and most of the time it is just waves of dialogue. Maybe if they had a different game it would be a better series for them to do. Maybe playing through something in Co-Op mode so either Jeff or Vinny didn't have to just sit there for 20+ minutes bored.

deadmonkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deadmonkeys

As much as I hate to say it, if they had ended the run after defeating Shadow Yukiko I wouldn't hold it against them.
I wouldn't be thrilled, but I wouldn't be tearing my hair out.

Here's why: Better to end the series on a high note, instead of stopping when everyone dies.
Who knows when this could happen? Maybe some random battle will prove to be too much for Jeff and Vinny, and I sure as hell don't want to see the Persona 4 run go out with a whimper.

Anyways, I look forward to the next 25 episodes! :D

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BiggerBomb
MadMatr07 said:

I'll go out on a limb when I say that I'm pretty sure the vast majority of games are demanding on the X button.
damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By damswedon
BiggerBomb said:
"MadMatr07 said:
I'll go out on a limb when I say that I'm pretty sure the vast majority of games are demanding on the X button."
in some games you have to press the Square button.

if i was them id stop once i hit the first game over screen. i did that in my first run of FFX-2
RoxasXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RoxasXIII

I wouldn't mind if they stopped the endurance run after awhile. I just hope that they continue to do more, you know? I mean, it works for me seeing as how I pretty much just got a 360 and probably won't go back to the PS2 that much (meaning I probably won't play Persona 4). So what I'm saying is; I support the endurance run because if they make it a real series with other games too, then hopefully they will be games that I won't play myself so that they aren't spoiled for me.

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By harrisonave

I don't want it to end, but if it does, it does.  I just hope they continue the trend with another game, at some point.  And I don't want just any ol' game that we're all familiar with.  Maybe with another obscure game that not a lot of us would play.  Some people might not of found the gameplay and story of Persona 4 interesting, but hearing Jeff and Vinny's perspective and observations of the things that happened in the game was VERY interesting and entertaining.  I'd love to watch them play some other wacky Japanese titles.

I've been looking to get Persona 4 after watching these Endurance Runs, but was a little hesitiant because I didn't want to spoil anything for myself while watching Jeff and Vinny play through it.  If they stop, I'll more than likely pick up the game myself and have some fun with it on my own.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#24  Edited By dudacles

I really like the run, so I hope they keep it going for quite some time. All good things have to end though.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By samcotts

Part 24 not up yet. Too early to start worrying?

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HazBazz
samcotts said:
"Part 24 not up yet. Too early to start worrying?"
Too early. I'm pretty sure Vinny said 'see you tomorow' at the end of yesterday's.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By Pie

Dude where is the endurance run? i get back from a hard days laze to find it not there ? What kind of a website is this?

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By samcotts
HazBazz said:
"samcotts said:
Too early. I'm pretty sure Vinny said 'see you tomorow' at the end of yesterday's."
I know, but that doesn't fill me with confidence. It's still not up.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pie

Its been a bit too long or my liking now...

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By Chummy8

As much as I loved it at first, I stopped watching it after episode 12 or so.  It just got to be a little boring to me.  Even tho Vinny and Jeff have great personality and their comments are golden.  When I had the choice to sit down and watch a 25 minute video... I simply chose not to.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pie

Myabe there just doing a 2 hour long episode. Yes that must be it.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By papercut
samcotts said:
"HazBazz said:
"samcotts said:
Too early. I'm pretty sure Vinny said 'see you tomorow' at the end of yesterday's."
I know, but that doesn't fill me with confidence. It's still not up.
"
Did you hear how pumped they were after beating the boss?! I can't see them ending it there. I feel like i they were going to stop they would give us some proper heads up

On the other hand, jeff did say "thats how we did them when we did them" so that could very well be the end of it.

If they do stop i hope they start a new endurance run with a game equally as absurd as P4

Also, where is TANG? maybe they are just backup up in the video department. Haven't seen that interview with Sgt. Slaughter yet either.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jayge_

Attention numbnut(s), since there are too many of you to address individually: Of course it's a long/slightly boring game. I'm curious as to whether or not any of you ever learned why the series is called "Endurance Run"? They're testing to see how many people will actually watch to the end of the game with them. That's the entire point. You don't watch, you lose >.> I'll personally be sticking with it until the end.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By papercut
Jayge said:
"Attention numbnut(s), since there are too many of you to address individually: Of course it's a long/slightly boring game. I'm curious as to whether or not any of you ever learned why the series is called "Endurance Run"? They're testing to see how many people will actually watch to the end of the game with them. That's the entire point. You don't watch, you lose >.> I'll personally be sticking with it until the end."
You sure they aint testing themselves buddy? 
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pie
Jayge said:
"Attention numbnut(s), since there are too many of you to address individually: Of course it's a long/slightly boring game. I'm curious as to whether or not any of you ever learned why the series is called "Endurance Run"? They're testing to see how many people will actually watch to the end of the game with them. That's the entire point. You don't watch, you lose >.> I'll personally be sticking with it until the end."
Am i a numbnut oh gloious master of time?
PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PhilESkyline

I say they do a new endurance run every two weeks with a different game and or console.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BiggerBomb
SuperMooseman said:
"Dude, they should just switch to a better game which isn't boring."

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pie
PhilESkyline said:
"I say they do a new endurance run every two weeks with a different game and or console."
That wouldnt be a endurance run then.BiggerBomb said:
"SuperMooseman said:
"Dude, they should just switch to a better game which isn't boring."
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand."
That wouldnt be a endurance run then.
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By fr0br0

I think it was a mistake for Vinny to start the game on medium. When he was at the difficulty set in the beginning of the game I was like "Go to beginner. Trust me Vinny, you want beginner. No. You're gonna need those extra continues! NO! *Vinny picks medium difficulty*" After that I knew it wouldn't be long before Vinny just gave up when he losses.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pie

But he hasnt lost yet.

Kaineda77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Kaineda77

Dear Vinny and Jeff, please continue the endurance run, my life feels empty without it.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By fr0br0
Pie said:
"But he hasnt lost yet."
Just wait though... He's going to get an instant death where him and Jeff are left silent for about 20 seconds. Then Vinny pulls the PS2 out of the wall in anger. Actually that might be the perfect way to end an endurance run...
PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PhilESkyline
Pie said:
"PhilESkyline said:
"I say they do a new endurance run every two weeks with a different game and or console."
Then they at least need to take a poll on what game to run through the endurance run.

That way the viewers won't be bored.

FYI, I am enjoying the current endurance run.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jayge_
PhilESkyline said:
"Pie said:
"PhilESkyline said:
Then they at least need to take a poll on what game to run through the endurance run. That way the viewers won't be bored.FYI, I am enjoying the current endurance run."
Jayge said:

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pie

^ i agree with what ever point you just made.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BiggerBomb

Numbnuts! lulz, haven't heard that one in awhile. Anyway, I'm pretty sure you're wrong. I have been under the impression that the series is testing the endurance of Jeff & Vinny, not the viewers.

Bardon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bardon

Yeah.. slightly worried.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pie

Maybe theyve just been busy writing those reveiws that have just apperead.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Speculation

The world is going insanely crazy because there is no video up!!!!!!

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pie
Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"

Speculation

The world is going insanely crazy because there is no video up!!!!!!"
Yeah