Five Games That Need XBLA/PSN Releases

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By The_A_Drain

It seems my last list blog was pretty succsessfull, we got some good discussion going in there, so here we go again.

Five games that I feel really should have a release over XBLA, or PSN, and that I would buy in a heartbeat, feel free to debate and/or add your own :D While the previous blog was a little more tongue in cheek, this subject isn't quite as touchy so i'll just go ahead and say that everything I suggest here, I would in fact buy, so I guess you can say this is all serious baby!

5. The Adventures of Alundra

Serious face, epic game.
Serious face, epic game.
I really enjoyed this game on the Playstation, I feel that in the same way Gears of War took Resident Evil 4's gameplay and more or less perfected it, Alundra took the top down Zelda games play style and absolutely refined it close to perfection. The game is incredibly fun to play, gives you a huge area to explore, some epic boss battles and some brain bending puzzles (along with some insanely obvious ones) and a fantastic storyline. The only problem is, the game is pretty hard to get hold of nowadays and while I am blessed with 2 copies of it, most people are not and I suspect that given the chance a lot of people would enjoy this game. I have no idea who owns the rights however, so for now i'm just gonna say this would most likely be a PSN release.

4. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter:

Shoot this guy, he'll scream and die.
We've seen a lot of retro classics released over PSN/XBLA/VC recently, Doom, Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, Marathon, and more on the way. If the rumors are indeed true (i've not been keeping up with them) and we are indeed getting Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, why not add Turok to the mix, another classic N64 shooter and while it was highly praised in it's day, I feel it was hugely underappreciated. The game features a vast area to explore, for an FPS of the time, and some interesting and even completely insane weapons and enemies, and some huge-ass boss fights. Slap 200 achievement points on it, and you've got my money.

3. Heart of Darkness:

Shadow creature! Run!
Shadow creature! Run!
While it has a goofy-ass story, and an insane difficulty level, this is one of those slower paced, puzzle/platformer hybrids I love so much (See: Abe's Oddysee, Flashback and similar) Heart of Darkness has such a charming art style, and interesting characters, as a small boy who's dog has been kidnapped by monstrous aliens seemingly made of pure shadow, you are tasked with launching a rescue mission. you are soon parted from your laser gun and protective collander helmet, and must use your wits and climbing skills to make your way around this hostile planet. Gameplay is very simple, and unfortunately features a lot of trial and error, but for me the sheer style of it wins over, and either XBLA or PSN, this would be a definite purchase for me.

2. Marvel Vs Capcom 2: A New Age of Heroes

PSYCHE!! Already happening! Oh yeah!

2. Unreal

Creepy alien temples, woot!
I never managed to finish the original Unreal, but I had a blast of what I did play. While I could settle for any other classic FPS, Half - Life, Unreal Tournament, SiN, Counter Strike, anything like that I would still love to see the original Unreal given another release, I felt it was pretty underappreciated the first time around and I would relish the chance to sit in front of my Xbox/PS3 and play through it, and finish it this time.

1. Another World: 15th Anniversary Edition

No game is complete without a giant tank...
In a similar vein as #3, a slower paces platformer with puzzle solving elements, Another World really opened my eyes to these kinds of games back on the SNES, and although I played it to death I never managed to finish it, this game is hella difficult. After an accident with some experimental equipment, your character is transported to an alien world, and quickly captured by an alien civilization, you quickly make a new friend and being an escape attempt, the rest of the game consists of running, jumping, shooting and fighting your way through the huge alien city in order to find a way out. One important factor to note with Another World (Out of This World in the US) is that it was made by one single man, although the music was composed by a friend of his. It was also quite revolutionary for it's time, as it was one of the first games to emphasize cinematic sequences and communication through action and facial expression alone (you cannot communicate with these guys after-all, they don't speak the same language as you)

In addition to that, the 15th anniversary edition features redrawn graphics by the original creator himself that support up to 1440x900 on the PC, I see no reason why we couldn't get this scaled up to 1080p, or at least ported over as is.

Anyhow, that's my wishlist for XBLA/PSN games, do you agree? Disagree? How about your wishlist? Until next time, laters!
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The_A_Drain

It seems my last list blog was pretty succsessfull, we got some good discussion going in there, so here we go again.

Five games that I feel really should have a release over XBLA, or PSN, and that I would buy in a heartbeat, feel free to debate and/or add your own :D While the previous blog was a little more tongue in cheek, this subject isn't quite as touchy so i'll just go ahead and say that everything I suggest here, I would in fact buy, so I guess you can say this is all serious baby!

5. The Adventures of Alundra

Serious face, epic game.
Serious face, epic game.
I really enjoyed this game on the Playstation, I feel that in the same way Gears of War took Resident Evil 4's gameplay and more or less perfected it, Alundra took the top down Zelda games play style and absolutely refined it close to perfection. The game is incredibly fun to play, gives you a huge area to explore, some epic boss battles and some brain bending puzzles (along with some insanely obvious ones) and a fantastic storyline. The only problem is, the game is pretty hard to get hold of nowadays and while I am blessed with 2 copies of it, most people are not and I suspect that given the chance a lot of people would enjoy this game. I have no idea who owns the rights however, so for now i'm just gonna say this would most likely be a PSN release.

4. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter:

We've seen a lot of retro classics released over PSN/XBLA/VC recently, Doom, Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, Marathon, and more on the way. If the rumors are indeed true (i've not been keeping up with them) and we are indeed getting Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, why not add Turok to the mix, another classic N64 shooter and while it was highly praised in it's day, I feel it was hugely underappreciated. The game features a vast area to explore, for an FPS of the time, and some interesting and even completely insane weapons and enemies, and some huge-ass boss fights. Slap 200 achievement points on it, and you've got my money.

3. Heart of Darkness:

Shadow creature! Run!
Shadow creature! Run!
While it has a goofy-ass story, and an insane difficulty level, this is one of those slower paced, puzzle/platformer hybrids I love so much (See: Abe's Oddysee, Flashback and similar) Heart of Darkness has such a charming art style, and interesting characters, as a small boy who's dog has been kidnapped by monstrous aliens seemingly made of pure shadow, you are tasked with launching a rescue mission. you are soon parted from your laser gun and protective collander helmet, and must use your wits and climbing skills to make your way around this hostile planet. Gameplay is very simple, and unfortunately features a lot of trial and error, but for me the sheer style of it wins over, and either XBLA or PSN, this would be a definite purchase for me.

2. Marvel Vs Capcom 2: A New Age of Heroes

PSYCHE!! Already happening! Oh yeah!

2. Unreal

I never managed to finish the original Unreal, but I had a blast of what I did play. While I could settle for any other classic FPS, Half - Life, Unreal Tournament, SiN, Counter Strike, anything like that I would still love to see the original Unreal given another release, I felt it was pretty underappreciated the first time around and I would relish the chance to sit in front of my Xbox/PS3 and play through it, and finish it this time.

1. Another World: 15th Anniversary Edition

In a similar vein as #3, a slower paces platformer with puzzle solving elements, Another World really opened my eyes to these kinds of games back on the SNES, and although I played it to death I never managed to finish it, this game is hella difficult. After an accident with some experimental equipment, your character is transported to an alien world, and quickly captured by an alien civilization, you quickly make a new friend and being an escape attempt, the rest of the game consists of running, jumping, shooting and fighting your way through the huge alien city in order to find a way out. One important factor to note with Another World (Out of This World in the US) is that it was made by one single man, although the music was composed by a friend of his. It was also quite revolutionary for it's time, as it was one of the first games to emphasize cinematic sequences and communication through action and facial expression alone (you cannot communicate with these guys after-all, they don't speak the same language as you)

In addition to that, the 15th anniversary edition features redrawn graphics by the original creator himself that support up to 1440x900 on the PC, I see no reason why we couldn't get this scaled up to 1080p, or at least ported over as is.

Anyhow, that's my wishlist for XBLA/PSN games, do you agree? Disagree? How about your wishlist? Until next time, laters!
Clbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2  Edited By Clbull

I agree with Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, although I think that Turok 2 (and maybe 3) should also be on that list.

Not any of the Turok games past Evolution though.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By StarFoxA

Dude. No Blast Corps? If Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and Perfect Dark can be on XBLA, Blast Corps should too. That game is awesome.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_A_Drain
@StarFoxA:

Never thought of that one, mainly because it made me tear my fucking hair out as a kid, I couldnt figure out WTF was going on at any moment (didnt have a manual for it) and it frustrated the crap outta me. But now i'm older and a little less hot-headed, i'd actually quite like to play it again, so maybe it would be pretty cool.

I supprot Banjo 1/2 and Perfect Dark coming to XBLA as their fanbase is huge, but personally I wouldn't touch any of them with a 10 foot clown pole, hated them all.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StarFoxA
@The_A_Drain: Come on, Perfect Dark with online multiplayer would be awesome and you know it.
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By teptom

I completely agree with Alundra, but I really don't think it would sell that great.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ
@StarFoxA said:
" Dude. No Blast Corps? If Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and Perfect Dark can be on XBLA, Blast Corps should too. That game is awesome. "
Blast Corps AND Jet Force Gemini.
Also, Seiken Densetsu 3. Its unbelivable that it hasnt come stateside yet

While we're on the subject, why not XBLA + PSN + Wiiware? 
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Shini4444:  I don't think it would sell any better or worse than some of the other stuff on XBLA/PSN. For PSN it wouldnt ever matter because the game costs almost literally nothing to put out as the PS3 emulates it, for the 360 it would require some work but i'm confident it would sell enough to warrant the release. It's a pretty popular game considering how obscure it is I reckon enough people would buy it.

@StarFoxA: It probably would be awesome, but i'd never buy it, or play it :)

@Clbull: Ahh crud, I had fully intended to mention Turok 2 as well, guess it just slipped my mind. Turok 2 is my favorite N64 game bar none, and one of my fave games of all time. Weirdly though, I never actually finished it.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StarFoxA
@AgentJ: I had forgotten about Jet Force Gemini! Seiken Densetsu 3 would probably be more fit for the Virtual Console, or an updated version for WiiWare. But maybe it could go to XBLA/PSN.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_A_Drain
@AgentJ:
 Main reason I didn't include Wii-Ware, rather selfishly is because I just can't get on with the classic controller, and playing some of these games with a cube controller would asplode my mind. But theres no logical reason these games wouldn't fit on Wii-Ware, heck Turok would even go directly onto VC, if it isn't already I havn't looked.

Edit: Aside from the download limit, is Nintendo has one anyway. I know Alundra is something like 300 megabytes, that's most of the Wii's internal storage. Unreal again something like 3 or 400 meg. I know you can put them on SD cards but would Nintendo allow files that big?
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgentJ
@StarFoxA said:
" @AgentJ: I had forgotten about Jet Force Gemini! Seiken Densetsu 3 would probably be more fit for the Virtual Console, or an updated version for WiiWare. But maybe it could go to XBLA/PSN. "
Like I said, why isn't Wiiware in this conversation?
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StarFoxA
@AgentJ: I guess because a couple of those games a PlayStation, and those kind of games don't usually make it to the Wii (only one I can think of is Klonoa).
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By flaminghobo

Unreal would be cool and possibly the original Quake?

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_A_Drain
@FlamingHobo:

Ahh yeah damn, that would more or less complete the 'classic shooter' lineup for XBLA at least. You'd have all the greats, like a Mt Rushmore of FPS's, Doom, Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem 3D and Quake.
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By flaminghobo
@The_A_Drain:

You forgot to mention Unreal in that Mt. Rushmore of FPS titles. ;)
However you are correct, this would pretty much make the line up of classics. (Save for HL1 which is probably too big to be an XBLA or PSN title anyway.)
soybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By soybob

Needs more Crazy Taxi

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AgentJ
@The_A_Drain said:
" @AgentJ:  Main reason I didn't include Wii-Ware, rather selfishly is because I just can't get on with the classic controller, and playing some of these games with a cube controller would asplode my mind. But theres no logical reason these games wouldn't fit on Wii-Ware, heck Turok would even go directly onto VC, if it isn't already I havn't looked.Edit: Aside from the download limit, is Nintendo has one anyway. I know Alundra is something like 300 megabytes, that's most of the Wii's internal storage. Unreal again something like 3 or 400 meg. I know you can put them on SD cards but would Nintendo allow files that big? "
Yeah, I have no idea about sizes, nor about Nintendo's limits. Seems like they shouldnt have much of a problem these days though after seeing that thread about how FFVII would fit on a DS cartridge, which can't even handle full N64 games.
@StarFoxA said:
" @AgentJ: I guess because a couple of those games a PlayStation, and those kind of games don't usually make it to the Wii (only one I can think of is Klonoa). "
True, but Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid were firmly in Sony's court, and both had entries on the Gamecube (in RE's case, lots of entries). It angers me that Nintendo has essentially dropped to one VC and one Wiiware game each week, especially since they are releasing VC games that nobody wants most of the time. 
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_A_Drain
@FlamingHobo:

Well theres only 4 guys on Mt Rushmore isn't there? So I kinda had to pick four :) and imo those four are the daddies, Half - Life is my fave though so maybe we can fit an extra guy in there ;)

The first Half - Life is something like 560mb I think, certainly no bigger than Portal or some of the other large XBLA games, at least no substantially, I reckon MS would let it slide if it meant getting HL on XBLA.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_A_Drain
@AgentJ:

Wow I have no idea where you pulled that quote from, but sheer size wise, FFVII is something like 1.3 gigabyte, whereas N64 games are between 8mb and 27mb I think is the biggest. DS carts range between 256 and 1gb apparently, but i've no hard evidence for that. Are you sure whoever said that didnt meant the DS could play FFVII but not N64 games? That sounds kinda plausable.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgentJ
@The_A_Drain said:
" @AgentJ:

Wow I have no idea where you pulled that quote from, but sheer size wise, FFVII is something like 1.3 gigabyte, whereas N64 games are between 8mb and 27mb I think is the biggest. DS carts range between 256 and 1gb apparently, but i've no hard evidence for that. Are you sure whoever said that didnt meant the DS could play FFVII but not N64 games? That sounds kinda plausable. "
The original thread is
here. I just made the N64 statement on my own since they had to completely redo Mario 64 DS for the transition to the handheld. 
Satune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Satune

Yes! bring back Heart of Darkness, that game was great!

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_A_Drain
@AgentJ said:
"@The_A_Drain said:
" @AgentJ:

Wow I have no idea where you pulled that quote from, but sheer size wise, FFVII is something like 1.3 gigabyte, whereas N64 games are between 8mb and 27mb I think is the biggest. DS carts range between 256 and 1gb apparently, but i've no hard evidence for that. Are you sure whoever said that didnt meant the DS could play FFVII but not N64 games? That sounds kinda plausable. "
The original thread is
here. I just made the N64 statement on my own since they had to completely redo Mario 64 DS for the transition to the handheld.  "

Ahh ok. Well, the reason they redid Mario 64 was not due to technical restraints, certainly not size constraints (as I said, N64 games are pretty small, and DS carts can hodl quite a bit, and given the larger ones, and Meowaynes excellent dissection, FFVII could indeed fit on one as well with some re-working, i'm not confident the 3d would hold up, but that's my opinion. If they redid the battle system to have a 2d background it might work fine)

I think they just felt they needed to add some extra content in order for the game to hold up, and seeing as it was an early DS release, add some DS functionality too.

But yeah, size isn't an issue, there are other issues but size is not one of them, you could fit several N64 games on a DS cart. Although the obvious response would be "Why can't you play them on a DS flash cart then? Like you can SNES etc" well, that would require emulation which requires a huge amount of processing power. If it were directly ported to the DS hardware instead of emulated, N64 games would run without problem. Well, most of them.

Edit: And Half - Life is 692 meg according to Steam, so it is a little big. But i'm not sure if it's bigger than Portal: Still Alive
SilentMike485

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SilentMike485
  • I want Conkers Bad Fur Day (for the multiplayer) the N64 version, not the sh*tty xbox version.
  • Next obvious choice is 007 Golden Eye...nuf said.
  • I read somewhere that Perfect Dark was coming to XBLA, I f*cking hope that's not bullsh*t.
  • Killer Instinct Gold!!  Seriously..it's been too long!
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_A_Drain
@SilentMike485:

I could be wrong, but I thought Goldeneye was confirmed along with Perfect Dark? And that Killer Instinct is rumored, and thus, all but confirmed. Don't get me wrong I would love to see Goldeneye and Killer Instinct (not Perfect Dark, but others will be very very happy to see it, so you guys don't need me :) )

Conkers Bad Fur Day would be a good choice too, I never played it so maybe with achieves to entice me i'd give it a go.
Drrizzit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Drrizzit

I say oblivion or fallout those games would be sick with online play. Not the gay online henchman thing like fable 2, but a real online thing where you could take your character places

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Drrizzit said:
" I say oblivion or fallout those games would be sick with online play. Not the gay online henchman thing like fable 2, but a real online thing where you could take your character places "

Please clarify, i'm totally at a loss as to what this even means.

Unless you mean add multiplayer to TES IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3, in which case no, just no, you are everything that is wrong with gaming in this day and age. Games do not need multiplayer to be good.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#27  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I agree with all your choices.  Hadn't thought about Another World for quite some time - that was a fantastic game I need to revisit, since it was a bit complex for me at the time.  Alundra was a blast - I still have a copy somewhere.

Games I'd add -

PS2 games - You know it'll come when the PS2's life finally ends, but I'd like to see it sooner than later.  Fully downloadable versions of FFX, Shadow of the Colossus, and the like?  Yes please.

Suikoden 2 - Really, why hasn't this happened yet?  Were sales so sluggish for the first that it just didn't happen?

King's Quest - As much as I'd love to see my personal Sierra favorites Quest for Glory and Space Quest get the full Monkey Island Redux versions, King's Quest would most likely be the best fit for one of the systems.  Gabriel Knight would also be an awesome choice.  Were it release a year or two ago, it could have rode on the coattails of the popularity of Dan Brown.

Battle Chess - I think this could be the next Uno.

Diablo 2 - A pipe dream, I know, especially since prior games of a similar vein flopped miserably on the consoles.  Still, a guy can dream.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Sparky_Buzzsaw:

I really recomend trying to get a hold of the 15th Anniversary Edition, the redrawn graphics are amazing, and you can even switch them in/out as you please, you can play original low res with sharper graphics, high res with original graphics, or any combination thereof, it's really great. PC only though (for now haha, really want it on XBLA/PSN)

I agree with PS2 games, and I have my suspicions (see the PS3 forum thread, Sony have patented emulation techniques for emotion engine on the cell chip) so it's my suspicion that (hopefully along with full BC, finally) we will see downloadable PS2 titles similar to Microsofts Xbox Classics. I have no doubt FFX and Shadow of the Colossus will be among them eventually.

Diablo 2 unfortunately I just don't think it would work, I mean the original Diablo was just awful on PS1, I honestly think a port of the sequel on XBLA/PSN would be an even worse atrocity. I mean, I used to play it religiously, and i'd say during a tense fight you're maybe avging 7+ mouse clicks a second, and when you factor in the precision needed I don't think it could be done on a controller. I'd love to be proven wrong though :D
Drrizzit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Drrizzit
@The_A_Drain: I was thinking like MMO type gameplay. even though that wouldn't be very realistic with console technology today, it would be awsome.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Any & All of the oddworld games.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Drrizzit:

Ahh yeah, an MMO would be pretty cool, i've always wanted a free-roam MMO FPS in the style of Stalker, where there are no, or very few, specific towns or 'safe' areas, and you are literally on your toes at all times. And there are no stupid chat channels, you can only chat with/communicate with those directly around you, or those you are in radio contact with, and other can also tune into your signal to spy on you etc etc.

It's workable with current tech, but it wouldn't be an XBLA release.
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By vidiot

I haven't tried the 15th anniversary edition of Out of this World. I need to check this out because the concept of an HD version of this game blows my little mind. 1080p Out of this World would make me combust into nerd joy flames.

Achievements for Out of This World: Play game without dying. :I

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_A_Drain
@vidiot: I'd say that would be a candidate for the hardest achievement ever. Unless you can save whenever you like then it would be another easy one for the pile.

Unfortunately it's not 1080p, but it's close enough, 1440x900 pc resolution. I'd say for a port you could stretch that to 1080 without any noticable problems.
Drrizzit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Drrizzit
@The_A_Drain: Ya that would be leet. I think RPG games should start leaning toward MMO bases on consoles.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_A_Drain
@MattyFTM:

Yeah I thought a lot about including them here, but I gave them a large mention in my last blog so decided to go with something else. I'm honestly kinda surprised both Abe games havn't seen an XBLA release (dont know if they have a PSN release) as they both got a Steam and gog.com release quite recently. 
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#36  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I haven't heard of any of the games on your list besides Turok (and MvC2), perhaps showing my ignorance in that particular field.
As for what I would like to see, since Capcom is big into this kind of stuff, why not do what they did with Bionic Commando Rearmed to the old Resident Evil games? I know that wouldn't happen though, so I will instead say the Thief series. That would work with a gamepad in HD, right?

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_A_Drain
@ArbitraryWater:

Yeah Thief would work really well, and fortunately old PC games like that don't take an aweful lot of effort to get to look nice, you can smooth everything out just by changing the resolution, very little effort. Although if they want to go further then awesome, like they are doing with Serious Sam (As if they need to lol, i'd play that game regardless of updates)

I'd like to see Resident Evil etc put out on the respective platforms, i've no doubt it will come to PSN sooner or later, but XBLA I dunno, I suppose it's up to capcom. 
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#38  Edited By ArbitraryWater
@The_A_Drain: Well, Capcom likes money, and I like Resident Evil and own an Xbox 360. So of course the concept of REmake 2 in HD isn't just part of some of my more insane fanboy tendencies. Or maybe it is.  I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE!
The point is, it certainly would be better than another light gun shooter.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_A_Drain

HD Remake is probably wild fantasy, but a straight port might actually be within the realms of plausability.

Serker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40  Edited By Serker

oh god turok... that game is so frustrating...

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By iamjohn

Search "Chu Chu Rocket" -> Not found

BOO THIS MAN!!!

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I loved the original Turok. Though, I found the game to be darn near impossible back in the day. I never would have seen the boss if it wasn't for some awesome codes. Heart of Darkness was a very cool looking game with a great art style, but man, I remember getting stuck really early on in the game so I never got to enjoy it.

I think the original Killer Instinct desperately needs to come to XBLA, along with Perfect Dark. Dude, and how about some Battletoads? Now that one could have some really rare achievements. I'm not trying to only list possible XBLA games, but I happen to be a real big fan of Rare.

There's one game I've really been pushing for, and I'm going to propose it now in bold caps so everyone can see it and agree:

NBA JAM.

It's game time, suckahs!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Linkyshinks

My five would have to be all fighters...

• Vampire Chronicles
  • The Last Blade
  • Project Justice; Rival Schools 2 (online)
  • Power Stone 1  & Power Stone 2 (online support and dlc)

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By thecleric

I see no Street Fighter: 3rd Strike in this entire thread..

snattu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By snattu

I'll just chime in with one of my own.

NHL '94. Preferably the Megadrive/Genesis version, but if they'd include multiple versions in the same downloadable game, that would be even better. Online multiplayer with good netcode and it would be perfect.  There's a reason why http://www.nhl94.com/ exists.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_A_Drain
@thecleric: It's gonna happen eventually whether people want it to or not. I do however, want it :)

NBA JAM would be fucking epic as well, great choice TheGreatGuero.

All those people saying Perfect Dark, Goldeneye and Killer Instinct, keep your eyes peeled, Perfect Dark I believe is confirmed, Goldeneye is apparently being worked on, and Killer Instinct is now rumored, which basicly means its happening, games industry can't keep secrets for beans.

(First post after my op, my back hurts :\ lol)