GAMESTOP IS A RIP OFF

rockcitybwoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rockcitybwoy

Gamers need to boycott buying used games from Gamestop because its a clear rip off. I have no problem with Gamestop making there money my big problem is how bad they short change gamers and gamers on a whole let them!!! COME ONE GAMERS WAKE UP!! This is a call to arms. How the heck could you tell me that GTA4 trade in value is 5 bucks and then I look on the shelve and see you sell the game for 5 bucks off the new purchase WTH. Come now gamers you hold the power I don't know about must people but I want fair value for my trade that's why I sell my used game if I want myself cut the middle man out and take the profit who is with me. 

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Drebin_893

I'M IN ENGLAND AND I'VE KNOWN THIS FOR A LONG TIME!

rockcitybwoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rockcitybwoy

I see the english are with me!!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

you've only just figured this out?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24

It is called a business. Businesses make money from shortchanging their customers...it's natural laws.  Gamestop is no different. I hate a lot of their practices and, as a result, I shop at Best Buy or some other retailers that give me a game I want on the release date and other benefits. And, no, no one is going to boycott Gamestop because they are pretty much the sole game retailer out there (Game Crazy and the others aren't even coming close...yet) and Mrs. Wii and her children will most likely want to go there to get the latest Petz or M&M's game than take a look at the way they actually sell games.

rockcitybwoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rockcitybwoy

So true but why do gamers let this rapping go on!! I will never know!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yep gamestop/Eb games don`t practice what they preach, I'll never buy a used game from them and I resist on buying new games unless I can`t find what I`m looking for anywhere else.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus

It's simple, don't go to Gamestop. If you want to get money for your games, use the internet. If you want cheap used games... use the internet. This is old news.

justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By justinnotjason

That's business  :-/

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_

MAN I FEEL FUCKING ENLIGHTENED. VIVA LA REVOLUTION! CHE GUEVARA MOTHERFUCKERS! DOWN WITH BIG BUSINESS! HURRAH! COUNTER-CULTURE!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By natetodamax

If you just figured this out you are honestly retarded.

figmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By figmo
Jayge said:
"MAN I FEEL FUCKING ENLIGHTENED. VIVA LA REVOLUTION! CHE GUEVARA MOTHERFUCKERS! DOWN WITH BIG BUSINESS! HURRAH! COUNTER-CULTURE!
"
.....he, he, he!!
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By gearhead

Welcome to 2003.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By regularassmilk
MattyFTM said:
"you've only just figured this out?
"

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By suneku

I hate that they slap their stupid ass used price stickers on the plastic case AND on the cover art underneath the plastic. That alone makes me not want to buy that crap. Not to mention the disc conditions they try to sell. The first time I saw that used price sticker on the cover art I told the dude to try and take it off, he couldn't and had to rip it. So I decided not to buy it after he couldn't get it off cleanly.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By ParanoidFreak

The fact that buying a game used only saves me only $5.00 made me take my business elsewhere long ago.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Karmum
TooWalrus said:
"It's simple, don't go to Gamestop. If you want to get money for your games, use the internet. If you want cheap used games... use the internet. This is old news.
"
The internet isn't even always needed, sell your games to your friends.
Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Alexander

You kids calling the TC retarded are lame.

I don't see a problem with Gamestop doing that, if someone is prepared to give up their copy of GTAIV for $5 then that's their decision. What I'm saying is that if you're an idiot you 100% deserve to get shafted by Gamestop.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Diamond

I don't buy used there anymore nor do I trade in.  If I ever find the desire to sell games again I'll do it different ways (probably over the net).

Gamestop makes most of their money on the used game sales business, so I figure buying new retail games from them only hurts them.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Nice. Welcome too information we all knew years ago. If you want to sell your games do it on craigslist or something.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

#21  Edited By Eder

The only good thing out of this is getting old games for dirt cheap. I got the JSRF and Sega GT 02 combo disc for .99. I missed out on this game when it came out and thanks to bargain bin stuff I dont have to go online and look for this stuff.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RichardLOlson
Gamestop is very much fucked up.  I live down the street from 2 of them and both are just shitty as far as customer service goes.  I went to the one that was farthest from me and they were just dicks when I was takin back a used game.  He says "Well I don't see anything wrong with this disc, I think these damn kids need to get there eyes checked"

First I'm 25, not a kid.  Secondly he could have kept that comment to himself.  Its shit like this that really keeps me from going there.
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By dsplayer1010

Yea, it sucks. But it apparently works for them, so it'll keep happening.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#24  Edited By LordAndrew
suneku said:
"I hate that they slap their stupid ass used price stickers on the plastic case AND on the cover art underneath the plastic. That alone makes me not want to buy that crap. Not to mention the disc conditions they try to sell. The first time I saw that used price sticker on the cover art I told the dude to try and take it off, he couldn't and had to rip it. So I decided not to buy it after he couldn't get it off cleanly. "
Not all of them do that. If I ever saw that, I would absolutely refuse to buy it.

My favorite part of used game shopping is when there are already a bunch of stickers on the cover and EB/GameStop's price is clearly more than at least one of the previous places that the game had been bought from.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Yeah, making a profit sucks ass. They should give you full price and sell it for less so they don't make any!!

figmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By figmo
suneku said:
"I hate that they slap their stupid ass used price stickers on the plastic case AND on the cover art underneath the plastic. That alone makes me not want to buy that crap. Not to mention the disc conditions they try to sell. The first time I saw that used price sticker on the cover art I told the dude to try and take it off, he couldn't and had to rip it. So I decided not to buy it after he couldn't get it off cleanly.
"
lighter fluid removes the sticky gum off the stickers.