Giant Bomb needs a WEEKLY Video Show

gaffyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gaffyh

The updates are so uneven, and all the video content just gets lost and is so unevenly spread throughout the week, it would be great if you could gett all the guys' opinions with game footage etc in one neat video package.

I know the bombcast does some stuff, but i wanna be able to sit back and watch jeff, ryan, brad and vinnie etc do a show like they used to back in the day....*cough* on the spot *cough*

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Systech

If it was 10 minutes, it would sound doable.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24
systech said:
"If it was 10 minutes, it would sound doable."
Yeah, nothing too long like On the Spot. Sounds like an okay idea actually, especially if they could add it to their podcast already on iTunes.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Player1

I've been waiting for somthing like this for a long while. Why not take 10-25 minutes off the podcast, and film a quick live news and events show? Showcasing new demos, unreleased games, big news stories, interviews, ect.

Then just post it on Wednesday?

Or just make it a live show on monday, wednesday, or thursday?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

I would love a 10 minute Video Thing every week. I miss those.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By CreamyGoodness

ya like a 10-20 min thing, they could call it the Bombcast, oh wait... lol

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Hamz

I think just seeing some more regular video content of games aswell as the sort of "silly" videos like the "How to build a bomb" ones would be good. Obviously the bomb is now built and ready to detonate. But something along the same lines as those showing us what the Staff are up to, their thoughts on things going on in the industry etc would be good. Even if like mentioned it was only 10 minutes of them on the couch chatting.

But I really do enjoy the commentary while playing a game style of videos. Really nice to see some video game footage with a bit of opinion and general humerous chit chat about the game while they play.

creamclouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By creamclouds

I agree. would love to see some cool videos from the staff on games.
cant keep waiting for On The spot all the time. especially at the moment.
and now it seems the 1UP show is over, cause of the recent happenings.
epileptic gaming went south for the winter a while back too. really enjoyed watching those streaming video game talk sessions
please give me another reason not to watch TV! please!

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Captain_Insano

I agree also. A 10 or 15 minute spot would be good to see.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail
Jayge said:
"I would love a 10 minute Video Thing every week. I miss those."
Right there with you Jayge. Right there with you.
Rivix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rivix

I would watch it. I would even allow ads. 

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#12  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Well, they did start doing a lot more quick look videos, which are pretty much what On The Spot did anyways. But yeah, we need more video content like the Castlevania: Judgment one.

Terra1909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Terra1909

I have to say I love the quick look videos they've been doing. Keep them comin'.
A regular show would be awesome too, but I can understand if they aren't doing one because it's just the four of them.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Optiow

I would like a weekly show, one that yu could just watch not have to download.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Claude

Man... That would help my ADHD.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187

I think a continuation of "How To Build A Bomb" would be pretty nifty.  Something like 10 - 15 minutes of amazingness and hijinks around the office.

What would they call it though?  Suggestions?  I'm voting for "Chicago Ted Wants The Bomb".
gaffyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gaffyh

i am so glad i am not the only one....and ads wouldnt matter either... between 10-25 mins would be perfect

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crunchUK

i would certainly watch if it wasn't too long

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By pweidman

Hell yes they need too.  Ads or no, whatever it would take, and as long as each episode takes to get at all their news and funny bits would be fine.  I'd watch every week .  These guys are more entertaining than anything on G4, gamespot, ign, or anywhere on the damn net imo.

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#20  Edited By strangeling

Yes, I YEARN for this.

jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jonnyp

Judging by what just went down at 1up, I think it might be a bit financially taxing to produce something every week like that.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love it, but these guys have plenty to do already.  They are a pretty skeleton crew.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gizmo

Dude, I have been trying to send this point across since the start, no luck so-far, but hopefully one day. In my opinion, a live gaming show is what this site desperately needs, with a community chat whilst it is going on for Q&A.

Come on guys, please make this happen.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HazBazz

One of the latest 'Quick Look' videos was Jeff playing The Maw for the first time, and I really liked it (before the video player fucked up). So was the Castlevania one, with Jeff and Ryan clearly figuring out how shit it was first hand. I think we should have stuff like this more regularly. I also really like the episode of On The Spot where they first got a Wii, I liked seeing them figuring out the games from scratch. So heres my idea.

• Live show, film it over maybe an hour, then archive the full show to watch later, and maybe make a 15 minute edited version.
  • Get the guys on camera, a bunch of them sat on the sofa playing the game for the first time, giving opinions on the game as well as chatting amongst themselves, same style as Bombcast
  • Get questions from the audience, a la On The Spot
  • Do it at a regular time, for the biggest game of the week, once a week, first impressions
  • Maybe have a quick news segment in there too for people who dont want to listen all the way through a 3 hour Bombcast

Call it 'Giant Bomb's Weekly Extraveganza Amazing First Look Show Featuring Ryan', shove it on iTunes, take over internet.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PureRok

I vote against live. Live shit sucks.

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By daz0608

Yea I loved the Maw video, I would love to see more stuff like that 

JoblessTerence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JoblessTerence

You know, I've suggested this before but i realize why it's such a struggle.
1. Expensive
2. No enough space in their office
3. Not enough man power to produce
4. You'll end up with something likewww.gamedamage.net

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HazBazz
JoblessTerence said:
"You know, I've suggested this before but i realize why it's such a struggle.
1. Expensive
4. You'll end up with something likewww.gamedamage.net"
If you look at my idea above, which I think is something like what people are asking for, just dudes sitting playing games and talking about them, everything you said is thrown out the window. If you're talking about something like The 1UP Show, with 'Sketches' and whatnot, then no I dont think they should do that.

1) Its not expensive at all. You need a sofa, a camera, some lights and some games. They have all that.
2) There is space in their office. A whole studio
3) There really is. They have got away with using the skeleton crew up to now. Jeff Ryan and Brad do their journalism thing, Vinny does his video thing.
4) The difference here is, these 4 have proven on the Bombcast, and everything they did at Gamespot, that when they sit down and talk about video games, its very enertaining as well as informative.
          The problem with gamedamage is 1) Yahtzee has made a character of himself from Zero Punctuation, and seeing him do anything different is weird. 2) Those other guys hosting it are douches. 3) They try to be funny with sketches, and they suck. 4) Its all scripted, which is not what Giant Bomb ever does.

I think what people are asking for is some extention of what GB are already doing with the Quick Look videos. Make it weekly, get the guys on camera, just sit them down and get them to do what they do best, talk for some time and be entertaining.
124C41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By 124C41

The "How To Build A Bomb" episodes were great....I would really like to see a continuation of that idea even if it's incorporated into something bigger(and better!)

JoblessTerence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JoblessTerence
HazBazz said:
"JoblessTerence said:
"You know, I've suggested this before but i realize why it's such a struggle.
1. Expensive
4. You'll end up with something likewww.gamedamage.net"
If you look at my idea above, which I think is something like what people are asking for, just dudes sitting playing games and talking about them, everything you said is thrown out the window. If you're talking about something like The 1UP Show, with 'Sketches' and whatnot, then no I dont think they should do that.

1) Its not expensive at all. You need a sofa, a camera, some lights and some games. They have all that.
2) There is space in their office. A whole studio
3) There really is. They have got away with using the skeleton crew up to now. Jeff Ryan and Brad do their journalism thing, Vinny does his video thing.
4) The difference here is, these 4 have proven on the Bombcast, and everything they did at Gamespot, that when they sit down and talk about video games, its very enertaining as well as informative.
          The problem with gamedamage is 1) Yahtzee has made a character of himself from Zero Punctuation, and seeing him do anything different is weird. 2) Those other guys hosting it are douches. 3) They try to be funny with sketches, and they suck. 4) Its all scripted, which is not what Giant Bomb ever does.

I think what people are asking for is some extention of what GB are already doing with the Quick Look videos. Make it weekly, get the guys on camera, just sit them down and get them to do what they do best, talk for some time and be entertaining."
Now that I see your post above me I feel like a fool haha. I didn't consider the fact that GameDamage was scripted so just forget that I mentioned them. However, having Vinny film and edit a one hour show by himself and make it entertaining every week can certainly be very challenging. I don't know, this is just speculation. Maybe send them an email to see what they have to say.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Player1
PureRok said:
"I vote against live. Live shit sucks."
Not if its done right. Do you remember on the spot back in its day? And the tournament TV? Though they did have Rich Gallup to lead them along.
tofford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By tofford

It would be great but i get the feeling that its hard with a small team and also they seem to want to cover things in their own unique way rather than getting bogged down with a set schedule every week

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Willy105

As long as it's not an hour long, then YES. A 15 minute short with videogame coverage and hilarity will rule.

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33  Edited By Yit

"On the Bomb"

Amiriteguys?

Honestly, good idea.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jayge_
JoblessTerence said:
"Now that I see your post above me I feel like a fool haha. I didn't consider the fact that GameDamage was scripted so just forget that I mentioned them. However, having Vinny film and edit a one hour show by himself and make it entertaining every week can certainly be very challenging. I don't know, this is just speculation. Maybe send them an email to see what they have to say."
1 hour? Holy hell. I think most people would be more than satisfied with 15 minutes.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gizmo

I think it would be great to have live tournaments, but it would have to be at a good time for all the community, so us Euro people don't get left in the dark.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HazBazz
Jayge said:
"JoblessTerence said:
"Now that I see your post above me I feel like a fool haha. I didn't consider the fact that GameDamage was scripted so just forget that I mentioned them. However, having Vinny film and edit a one hour show by himself and make it entertaining every week can certainly be very challenging. I don't know, this is just speculation. Maybe send them an email to see what they have to say."
1 hour? Holy hell. I think most people would be more than satisfied with 15 minutes."
This is why I like my idea that I first gave (not to blow my own trumpet). Make the show live, make it an hour long or something, then post 2 archived videos, one hour long unedited copy, and another edited down to about 15 minutes. Pleases both people. And if Ryan can be bothered to sit down and edit 3 hour Bombcasts, I'm sure Vinny wouldnt mind finding the best bits from the weekly show.
CashBailey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CashBailey

i think they hit some kind of pinnacle with the 'Age of Booty' video.

Surely nothing could scale those lofty heights again.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PureRok
Player1 said:
"PureRok said:
"I vote against live. Live shit sucks."
Not if its done right. Do you remember on the spot back in its day? And the tournament TV? Though they did have Rich Gallup to lead them along."
No, I don't, because live shit sucks and I don't watch crap.
snake911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By snake911

I’m on board for this

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Captain_Fookup

If they put out a video now and again much like the Age of Booty video, it would be the shit. Also I really enjoy the Bombcast since I can download it as an mp3 so I can listen to it on the way to and from the rig.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By Red

No. I like how the videos are now: around 10-20 minutes long and are just simple looks/interviews. I think if we want something it'd be a weekly video round-up--podcast or not--where they just post about all the videos put up during the week.