• 95 results
Posted by Babylonian (837 posts) -

The interns made a podcast! Yes, really!

Download (MP3)

Hey, you guys like Whiskey Media, right? Well, good! Because we ('we' being myself, Matt Kessler and Ben Pack) just created a brand-new podcast from within WM's hallowed halls. In it, we discuss what each of us have been doing here, how working at Whiskey Media has lived up to our expectations and a handful of other things that have nothing to do with Whiskey Media at all! Brace yourselves, homies.

Honestly, I'm actually feeling pretty good about how this dumb little experiment turned out. These two dudes might be the funniest guys I've met since moving to San Francisco, and recording a podcast with them was exactly as fun as I'd hoped. As I'm the one hosting this zany thing, Ryan was kind enough to give me moderately extensive podcast production lessons, so the whole thing came out sounding quite nice. We kept it short at under half an hour long, since you guys have no shortage of podcasts to listen to.

Depending on the response to this initial episode, this is totally a thing we could see ourselves doing on the weekly. A second episode would likely include appearances by the other two interns (at the time of recording, Lemon was busy with a Tested shoot and Steve II hadn't had his first day of work yet), as well as an email segment where we answer your questions on what life at Whiskey Media is like. Or on whatever you feel like asking us. We're not picky. Interns at whiskeymedia dot com. Hit us up, k?

Anyways, yeah! We're super open to your feedback about this whole thing. Feel free to leave a comment letting us know whether you liked it, what you'd change and what you'd like to hear in the future. Thanks for your time, duders!

#1 Posted by Babylonian (837 posts) -

The interns made a podcast! Yes, really!

Download (MP3)

Hey, you guys like Whiskey Media, right? Well, good! Because we ('we' being myself, Matt Kessler and Ben Pack) just created a brand-new podcast from within WM's hallowed halls. In it, we discuss what each of us have been doing here, how working at Whiskey Media has lived up to our expectations and a handful of other things that have nothing to do with Whiskey Media at all! Brace yourselves, homies.

Honestly, I'm actually feeling pretty good about how this dumb little experiment turned out. These two dudes might be the funniest guys I've met since moving to San Francisco, and recording a podcast with them was exactly as fun as I'd hoped. As I'm the one hosting this zany thing, Ryan was kind enough to give me moderately extensive podcast production lessons, so the whole thing came out sounding quite nice. We kept it short at under half an hour long, since you guys have no shortage of podcasts to listen to.

Depending on the response to this initial episode, this is totally a thing we could see ourselves doing on the weekly. A second episode would likely include appearances by the other two interns (at the time of recording, Lemon was busy with a Tested shoot and Steve II hadn't had his first day of work yet), as well as an email segment where we answer your questions on what life at Whiskey Media is like. Or on whatever you feel like asking us. We're not picky. Interns at whiskeymedia dot com. Hit us up, k?

Anyways, yeah! We're super open to your feedback about this whole thing. Feel free to leave a comment letting us know whether you liked it, what you'd change and what you'd like to hear in the future. Thanks for your time, duders!

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

Awesome!  Will listen to it shortly.   :)

#3 Edited by RTSlord (1201 posts) -

sweet! super excited for more podcasts 

EDIT: shitty spice is the best hate-filled nickname ever

#4 Posted by Sparklykiss (1983 posts) -

This is great and also terrible at the same time. :D

#5 Edited by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

But guys, do you get it?

INTERNal Affairs.

Get it?

#6 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

They have become to strong.

#7 Posted by Matt (968 posts) -

Oh no..

#8 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -
@Matt said:

Oh no..

#9 Posted by Sparklykiss (1983 posts) -

@GlenTennis: I wish I had your funny bone. So is this always going to be about 30 minutes? And Nick is a surprisingly good host, even though he's a Sklarper.

#10 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -

No Lemon? Well FUCK this podcast. 

...not really.

#11 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -

Aaaaah too many podcasts!

#12 Posted by damswedon (3202 posts) -

@GlenTennis: That joke hurt INTERNally.

#13 Posted by EuanDewar (5104 posts) -

Well, that's the end of that then.

#14 Edited by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

This was better than I expected. Great anime talk.

#15 Posted by PCWV (104 posts) -

@Glen Tennis you should rotate around the puns based on Interns for the first few weeks until one sticks. But I do love this podcast after the first 5 mins. It's something I'm pretty interested about this kinda thing :D

#16 Posted by Vexxan (4614 posts) -

Cool, gonna listen to it straight away.

#17 Posted by maxB (318 posts) -

not bad

#18 Posted by Tofford (532 posts) -

Nick is a very good host

#19 Posted by MattyFTM (14433 posts) -

I refuse to listen to this because of the terrible name.

OK, I'll listen to it, but I do so under protest!!!!!

Moderator Online
#20 Posted by Mento (2810 posts) -

This is going to knock my Starlet spotlight article off the front page community section you sons of bitc-
Uh, what I meant to say was: "This is a fine podcast you frisky felines have put together! Kudos! Hope to see this turn into a weekly feature, since the community section always needs more intern stuff!" *eye twitch*

Regarding changes, I think it's fine as is. You'll run into repetition problems if you stretch it out too much each week. There's only so many times you can talk about how you were forced to redo Naruto's dad's page from scratch because Ryan's coffee was too hot.

#21 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@Mento: Um I BELIEVE you mean the Minato Namikaze page.

OH GOD WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME?

#22 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

Hey, coo-

@GlenTennis

said:

But guys, do you get it?

INTERNal Affairs.

Get it?

fuck you
#23 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

Poor Anime Vice.  It never gets any lover

Despite the anime parts, it was a fun listen.

#24 Posted by Spencer (252 posts) -

Excellent podcast. I'm looking forward to a second one.

#25 Posted by ajamafalous (12165 posts) -

Glad to see Internal Affairs made the cut as the name.

It's probably the funniest fucking thing I've ever heard.

#26 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:

But guys, do you get it?

INTERNal Affairs.

Get it?

Fuckkkkkkkk.
#27 Posted by Robinson (175 posts) -

best interns ever

#28 Posted by BaconGames (3577 posts) -

Finally a podcast about from the interns about WM I care about.

#29 Posted by MikeHawk (382 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:

But guys, do you get it?

INTERNal Affairs.

Get it?

I'm not following. Care to explain?
#30 Posted by Nux (2428 posts) -

I really enjoyed this podcast. Good work guys, I'm looking foward to the next eposode.

#31 Posted by MEATBALL (3506 posts) -

I got about 8 minutes in before I realised that noone should waste their time listening to interns speak. I didn't stop listening. Because I clearly don't value my spare time. Also because the three of you seem like super dudes.

#32 Posted by White_Silhouette (477 posts) -

Wow you guys were allowed to make a podcast. I always thought "intern" actually meant "form of slavery that is legal".

will listen to it as soon as i can.

#33 Posted by Soffish (139 posts) -

I'd rather be locked away in an INTERNment camp than listen to this podcast...

#34 Posted by Brendan (8168 posts) -

@MikeHawk said:

@GlenTennis said:

But guys, do you get it?

INTERNal Affairs.

Get it?

I'm not following. Care to explain?

He's just trolling with nonsense speak, nobody knows what he's talking about. Flag and move on, let the moderators handle this joker.

#35 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

listening now, like the first 5 minutes so far, high energy, decent production, stick it on iTunes and i'd subscribe

#36 Posted by Pop (2651 posts) -

I was expecting it to be bad, but it was pretty fucking good, I guess the questions people are wondering about are how do the site tools work. Oh and Nick you're a great host!

#37 Posted by Toms115 (2317 posts) -

internal bleeding more like 

ohohohohohohhoho

#38 Posted by Jacob816 (137 posts) -

Any plans for getting this on iTunes in the near future?

#39 Posted by Brackynews (4094 posts) -

I also wish Kessler had stopped at "parents gave us". X-(

#40 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5416 posts) -

ITUNES!

#41 Posted by onimonkii (2465 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:

But guys, do you get it?

INTERNal Affairs.

Get it?

to make an even worse joke, 3 other completely different interns should remake this podcast, and call it "the departed".
#42 Posted by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

2 thumbs waaaaaay UP!

#43 Posted by Timing (624 posts) -

I'm pretty curious about that Monster Hunter Tri review now. Any chance you could just post it somewhere, you know, unofficially?

Also good work on this. Funnier than I expected it to be.

#44 Posted by Cowman (676 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:

But guys, do you get it?

INTERNal Affairs.

Get it?

I GET IT!
#45 Posted by slowbird (1759 posts) -

@Sparklykiss said:

@GlenTennis: I wish I had your funny bone. So is this always going to be about 30 minutes? And Nick is a surprisingly good host, even though he's a Sklarper.

You know what they say about guys named Nick...good at podcasts.

#46 Posted by MattBodega (1907 posts) -

@Timing: I may end up posting it to my personal reviews for posterity, but Jeff was right not to post itl; it was a terrible, awkward review. The lastest one was way better,

The short version is that I gave MHTri four stars. I said that players expecting an action game like Devil May Cry and God of War would be super bummed out by MH, as would fans of action RPGs. However, I argued that MHTri works more like a turn based strategy game than an action game; it's all about precise positioning, moving into the right place to deliver strikes while avoiding similar blows. I found that gameplay incredibly compelling, and I understood all of the reasons that game was designed the way it was (the lack of lock-on targeting, ect.).

#47 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@slowbird said:

@Sparklykiss said:

You know what they say about guys named Nick...good at podcasts.

My favorite podcast is Wildin' Out: The Podcast hosted by Nick Cannon.

#48 Posted by sully (70 posts) -

Guys, that was a terrific podcast. Really impressed by the wit and humour. WM picked well.

#49 Edited by LeetBalla (698 posts) -

Was bored to tears within the first ten minutes. I think I'll stick to the bombcast.

#50 Posted by Tebbit (4486 posts) -

That was pretty good! I appreciated the high-quality recording.

Also, to continue my whoring myself out ways, this needs theme music, that I can totally make for you.

DOOOO IT.